Blood Lines

By AreYouInhuman

> Peter has friends that he has known for most of his life, people that have always been there for him, peopl... More

• Prologue •
[ ZERO ]
[ ONE ]
[ TWO ]
[ THREE ]
[ FOUR ]
[ FIVE ]
[ SIX ]
[ SEVEN ]
[ EIGHT ]
[ NINE ]
[ TEN ]
[ TWELVE ]
[ THIRTEEN ]
[ FOURTEEN ]
[ FIFTEEN ]
[ SIXTEEN ]
[ SEVENTEEN ]
[ EIGHTEEN ]
[ NINETEEN ]
[ TWENTY ]
[ TWENTY-ONE ]
[ TWENTY-TWO ]
[ TWENTY-THREE ]
[ TWENTY-FOUR ]
[ TWENTY-FIVE ]
[ TWENTY-SIX ]
[ TWENTY-SEVEN ]
[ TWENTY-EIGHT]
[ extra ]
[ author's note ]
[ 5 POINTLESS THINGS ABOUT MYSELF]

[ ELEVEN ]

380 14 8
By AreYouInhuman

          Peter's head shoots up from his textbook as soon as Clover slams the door behind herself. Her face is flushed and her fists are clenched. Out of all the years Peter has known Clover, he knows that she's about to yell and when she yells, you don't interrupt. Clover sets her phone on the kitchen table and storms around the couch to stand in front of him. She tosses the textbook away from Peter and looks at him for a moment.

"Where were you!" she shouts, "I went out looking for you and I tracked your phone to some shady street!"

Peter sighs, trying to think of a way to explain himself, "I went for a walk" he says.

"Bullshit Peter! You've been using that excuse for the past two weeks! I know you're lying, but I don't know why! Why don't you trust me!" Clover says.

"Because you won't understand! You'll tell me to stop and that it's not my responsibility! You won't support me and I have to do what I'm doing!" Peter shouts back.

Clover's expression softens and her face turns back to its normal colour, "What won't I understand?" Clover asks softly.

"I can't say it, it's better that you don't know, it's safer if you don't" Peter says.

Clover slowly takes a seat next to Peter and grabs his hand, "You won't tell me what you're doing, I doubt you ever will. But I want to know that whatever you're doing won't get you killed, because I can't lose a brother and a father."

Peter tries to look away, so that he can lie to her face without feeling a pang of guilt at the pit of his stomach, "I can't say that" he whispers.

Clover feels a tear roll down her cheek as she pulls Peter into a hug, "I can't stop you, I know better than to try. But I want you to try and be the same Peter, I want you to live a normal life and not some double one. Be a better friend to Ned, a better nephew to May, a better brother to me, okay? We're blood Peter and blood is always thicker than water"

Peter thinks on his cousin's words and realizes that she's right, she's always been right. Everything that Clover has said to him since he first got his powers has helped to guide him in some way, even if he didn't think so at the time. The two pull away and Clover gets up and walks off to her room. She can't get the truth from Peter, but at least she knows he's not getting into trouble, she can hope that he stays safe. As Clover lies in bed, for the first time in a long time, she folds her hands and prays, prays for Peter.

-----

          With Clover's words always on his mind, Peter continues to protect the city, but he makes a change. Peter makes time for his friends and his family, as well as for the people of New York. He took Clover's pep talk to heart and over the past month, Peter has been doing everything she said. Between school and Spiderman he made time for other people, stopped missing plans and classes. Peter also trained, to become a better Spiderman, one who can save more people and make sure no one gets hurt in the process. It was the beginning of November and Peter's personal life couldn't be better.

          School even got better for Peter too. Flash never bothered him, he actually talked to Liz for more than a minute (his personal best) and he wasn't failing third period gym. However, Peter was still the nerd, he was just considered a nerd not to mess with after the food fight incident with Flash. His life was going well, Clover's too, she finally got her cousin back. The one thing that stayed the same though was Ned and Clover's friendship. The two became even closer and Ned was finally living the dream, hanging out with his crush nearly everyday. Peter wasn't too thrilled with the fact that his best friend had a serious crush on his cousin, but he lived with it. Peter's love life was even blossoming, after several years of constant convincing and encouragement from Clover and from the beginning of the year from Ned, Peter was finally going to ask Liz out.

-----

"I bet you five bucks he chickens out" Ned says as he and Clover stand at Peter's locker about to watch the situation unfold.

"You're such a great friend Ned, weren't you were the one who forced him to do this?" Clover responds.

"True Clover, but I know Pete and he'll chicken out" Ned says.

"I bet you ten bucks he doesn't" Clover retorts.

The two shake on it and turn their attention to Peter who walks down the hall towards Liz Allan.

          He slowly approaches her from behind, his palms sweaty and heart racing. Over the past month or so of being Spiderman, Peter has climbed to buildings by his fingertips and swung around the city on a thin piece of web, but talking to Liz Allan felt like more of a struggle than any he had ever faced. He stands just behind her, ready to tap her on the shoulder, when Liz turns around to face him.

"Hi Pete" she says cheerfully.

"H-hey Liz" Peter says, avoiding her gaze.

"What's up?" Liz asks.

Peter's eyes open wide as he remembers that he came all the way over here to ask her out on a date. He suddenly feels his mouth go dry and his tongue twist into knots. Peter feels as though he's forgotten how to speak properly.

"I um-um, well...wanted to ask you something. You-well, probably won't want to do-with me. I mean-uh, you don't have to, but if you do-I'd like to ask you. Jeez." Peter fumbles through his sentences not fully making sense.

Liz smiles in spite of his fumbling speech, "I'd love to Peter" she says and writes her number on a piece of paper, hands it to Peter and walks off to class.

Peter could have shouted and jumped for joy at that very moment, but he keeps his cool and sprints back to his cousin and friend who are waiting for him by his locker.

"So?" Ned says, curious to see who won the bet.

Peter sticks out the piece of paper with Liz's number in triumph. Clover smirks and Ned opens up his wallet and hands Clover a ten dollar bill.

"You guys bet on me? Really?" Peter says.

Clover just shrugs, fanning herself with her money, "Friendly competition Peter, no harm done, except to Ned's wallet. Now I must go to class and listen to Liz talk about you for the rest of the period" she says and saunters off in the direction Liz left.

Peter then turns to Ned with a glimmer of mischief in his eyes.

"Why do you look like a deranged sociopath?" Ned asks.

"Because you my friend are going to ask out Clover" he whispers.

Ned shakes his head vigorously, "No way, not gonna happen, nu uh!"

"Why? You like her, she obviously likes you" Peter says.

Ned cocks an eyebrow, "Yeah, okay, Clover Parker likes a guy like me" he scoffs.

"Liz Allan likes a guy like me. Just think about it" Peter encourages.

"Thought about it and um-NO!"

Peter laughs and takes his books from his locker and heads to class as the bell rings.

Clover gets to class just as the bell rings and takes a seat next to Liz who's cheeks are still coloured with pink from her blushing so hard. She just glances at her friend with an excited look, ready to burst into happy giggles at any moment. Clover pats her friend on the hand and they both turn their attention to their teacher as she steps into the classroom. After a long boring lesson about the Pythagorean theorem, then second period health, third period Spanish and fourth period Civics, Clover is off to her locker to collect her things for the end of the day.

Leaning against the locker next to hers, Peter stands there, staring off into space, waiting for Clover to arrive. Snapping in front of his face, Peter jumps and stands up straight. Clover chuckles at her cousin as she unlocks her locker and takes out the books she needs. They are then off towards the train station. On the way to the apartment, Peter spots an old DVD player and veers off course and picks it up.

"I can't believe you collect that stuff. What do you need it for anyways?" Clover says as Peter tucks the player under his arm.

"Um, just to use...I like inventing stuff. You know that I could sell one of my inventions one day and make a ton of money" Peter says.

"Then you could be as rich as Tony Stark" Clover jokes.

"I wish th-" Peter says, but pauses mid sentence and points to a bright orange Lamborghini sitting in the apartment parking lot.

"Whoa" Clover mumbles.

The two walk past the car and admire its beauty. Sadly, they lose sight of it as they enter the building and make their way to the elevator. The two walk down the hall to their apartment and Peter turns the key in the lock, opening the door. The two walk into the apartment, placing their bags by the door, oblivious to the fact that they have a visitor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 540 91
Peter Parker thought he could catch a break. After being bitten by a radioactive spider, losing his aunt and uncle, and nearly dying after an attack...
186K 5.9K 31
After Peter had been bitten by a spider and the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter became Spider-man. Living with his Aunt May, going to high school as a...
292K 8.4K 63
"But that's ruins all the fun now, doesn't it sweetheart?" || Determined. Sarcastic. Genius. All words to describe both of the Starks. Peter Parker h...
384K 11.5K 56
PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushed when you move away to another state. E...