Road to Master

By Nightshock5

Ash Ketchum in another dimension: Lonely and bottled up... A mashup of Ash and Alain together. With a Pikac... More

Road to Master Chapter 1
Road to Master Chapter 2
Road to Master Chapter 3
Road to Master Chapter 4
Road to Master Ch5
Road to Master Ch6
Road to Master Ch7
Road to Master Ch8
Road to Master Ch9
Road to Master Ch10
Road to Master Ch11
Road to Master Ch12
Road to Master Ch13
Road to Master Ch14
Road to Master Ch15
Road to Master Ch17
Road to Master Ch18
Road to Master Ch19- The Legend of the Ninjas. League Training!
Road to Master Ch20- Ash vs Wulfric! Attempting to win on a broken spirit!
Road to Master Ch21- Love is Key to Find an Answer Under the Snowy Pines
Road to Master Ch22- The Rise of Ash-Greninja
Road to Master Ch23- I won't smile until I can see her safe again!
Road to Master Ch24- Battling at a huge amounts of volume to not wake up Ash!
Road to Master Ch25- A Crashing Mastery!
Road to Master Ch26- Tree Skipping and a Reunion of Two Hearts!
Road to Master Ch27- Squishy the core... Lumiose conference registration begins!
Road to Master Ch28- A new chapter begins!
Road to Master Ch29- Race for Victory!
Road to Master Ch30- Lonely Girl, hopeful future!
Road to Master Ch31- A powerful start to a great journey!
Road to Master Ch32- Lumiose Conference Must Sees!
Road to Master Ch33- A clash of dragons! An electrifying surprise!
Road to Master Ch34- Ash and Calem's promise! Night's revelation!
Road to Master Ch35- A tale of X against Y! An electric debut!
Road to Master Ch36- A Burden of Two Hearts!
Road to Master Ch37- Ash vs Hau! A life on the line
Road to Master Ch38- A Malasada of friendship! A zing between two individuals!
Road to Master Ch39- A Confusing Strategy to Battle!
Road to Master Ch40- An Impossible Comeback! Pikachu vs Eevee!
Road to Master Ch41- Electric Inventor vs Electric Life Saver
Road to Master Ch42- Taking A Stand!
Road to Master Ch43- The Forest Champion! A Hydra of All Trades!
Road to Master Ch44- Big ears, more like deaf ears...
Road To Master Ch45- Ash vs Damian's Climax! Mega Charizard X VS Mega Blastoise!
Road to Master Ch46- A new friend! Strong bonds solve conflicts!
Road to Master Ch47- A Promised Battle!
Road to Master Ch48- Ash-Greninja vs Mega Gallade!
Road to Master Ch49- The preparation for the biggest challenge yet!
Road to Master Ch50-
Road to Master Ch51- Ash Versus a Master of Illusion!
Road to Master Ch52- Ash's Ultimate Faceoff! A Supernatural Conclusion!
Road to Master Ch53- Kalos League Finale! Passion that Burns Forever!

Road to Master Ch16

1.2K 30 15
By Nightshock5

Ash POV:

I see myself walking over to a girl with her back turned towards me. Who is this girl? Why is she so familiar. I have camp set up and this girl and me are right next to the river. I find it odd because I set up camp here last night...Is this real?

She turns around at me with a surprised look on her face. I instantly recognize her short honey blonde hair and blue eyes. Serena.

"Hey Ash, you're up, go wash up, hungry?" Serena asks me with a smile. I don't stop walking to her to a point that I am too close to her. Suddenly, my body collapses right into her arms. I freak out as to why I am doing this, but she is the one that gets a huge blush in her face, why is she blushing? "A-Ash? Are y-you a-alright?" she asks me.

I look up and open my mouth and what comes out surprises me, "Now's our chance... now, now..." She keeps looking at me with a strong blush and then I keep talking. "Serena... I..."

"I... what?"

"I..." I continue with all my strength. What was I going to say? Why am I feeling so weird.

Suddenly, I am surprised to see the scene change in front of me into a snowy cliff. The bottom collapses. "CRASH!" I see the snow falling down from where I am relieved that I did not fall, but then I notice something spine breaking.

"Aaaasssshhhh!" I hear a feminine scream falling which I instantly recognize as Serena.

"SERENA!" I shout back in urgency. I see her start to reach the halfway mark of the cliff and I see my vision changing and energy surging through me.

...I want to save her...

"Froga..."

Instantly, my vision changes its perspective a little to the right and I jump after Serena... I notice it is not me physically that jumped, but someone else. As I fall and feel the G force I am slowly gaining on the falling teenager and I stretch out my arms to grab her only to flinch that my hands were blue and webbed. As I reach Serena I see my webbed limbs begin to glow white. This white light blinds my vision and then...

"(Pant, pant pant)," I keep panting as I instantly sat up in horror inside my sleeping bag. I am sweating and I notice Pikachu woke up just when I sat up by force.

"Pikapi?" Pikachu asks me in worry. I look at my electric mouse friend and scratch behind his ear letting him know I was ok. "Chaaa..." Pikachu cooed and I smile. I look outside and notice that it is still dark so I fall back into slumber once Pikachu fell asleep.

What is the meaning of this dream?

A/N: I was only going to put the second part of the dream, but the amourshipping xD... I am sorry but I had to atleast have Ash fall on Serena like that. Other than that, I am trying to make this Snowbelle traveling very symbolic for Frogadier and Ash. Also, did you catch the hint and what I am going for? If you are surprised that Frogadier has not evolved yet and is having these powers as Frogadier, then you can see what my goal is up there. Don't worry it is a spoiler, but it is a good idea I want to try.

Also, as for the others, this chapter will focus more on someone other than, Ash so make sure that you enjoy as next chapter Ash is part of a symbolic battle.

Without further ado, let's get back into the story!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon

Chapter 16- Calem vs Wulfric, a megamazing battle!

With Calem walking into the Snowbelle Gym:

Calem walked into the Snowbelle gym which was very warm from the outside cold weather in the lobby. Instantly, Calem felt welcomed. Calem wanted to make the most out of this battle and win it right off so he could go straight to the pokemon league. Calem had his team ready and he was going to make sure that he could give it his all. Calem kept walking until he saw a pair of double doors and a monitor on top.

The monitor opened up and began to speak, "Welcome to the Snowbelle gym, how may we be of assistance?"

Calem smirked and replied while pumping his fist, "I would like a gym battle please!"

The monitor then replied to the proposition, "Sure thing, make sure you have your jacket on as the gym is cold inside!" the double doors suddenly opened up causing the cold air to rush through Calem stunning him, but also making his spirit burn as he was ready.

Looking around, Calem saw a large amount of ice around the gym from the icicles on the air to the breath that could be seen when one exhaled. Also, one look at the battlefield and Calem noticed it was made completely out of ice.

On the stands stood many people that were watching Calem walk up to the trainer box along with the ref at the side of the field who was completely in snow gear.

The other trainer box stood in front of what looked like an ice throne. Calem looked at the throne and noticed a man with a jacket that he did not use the sleeves of, a large stature and a large beard on his face. Most notably, this man had a collar around his neck which Calem found suspicious. This man stood up and welcomed Calem, "Welcome to the Snowbelle gym, I am Wulfric the gym leader." The man then looked right at Calem's eyes and smirked, "And I accept your challenge."

The ref then looked at both trainers that were standing in their trainer boxes and started giving instructions, "This will be a three on three pokemon battle. The battle will be over when all three pokemon on either side are unable to continue. Do all the trainers agree to these rules?" Calem and Wulfric nodded to the ref who then raised his hand. "Great, now choose your first pokemon!"

"Beartic let's battle!" Wulfric shouted as he revealed a very large polar bear that stood on both feet. The Beartic gave a huge roar of power as Calem stood there not flinching, but smirking at the level of strength of his opponent.

Calem then reached into his belt and grabbed his lead pokeball, the pokeball he was going to start with. "Chesnaught come on out!" Chesnaught then came out and gave a huge battle cry before clenching his fists and looking at Beartic with a smirk.

The ref then looked and both trainers and lowered his hand, "Battle BEGIN!"

Battle Music... Calem (Chesnaught) vs Wulfric (Beartic):

Calem stretched out his arms and began commanding Chesnaught, "Wood hammer!" Chesnaught instantly made his hand turn into a green shining log and rushed straight at the Beartic. Calem knew he was at somewhat of a disadvantage, but he had to take things on correctly.

Wulfric then saw the incoming attack and said nothing. This surprised Calem, but Calem stayed cool as he watched Chesnaught ram his green log into Beartic's stomach. The beartic shot out and hit the wall at the other side of the field and Wulfric then widened his eyes in surprise. "I must say, you have a strong Chesnaught there, but how will you deal with this?" Wulfric the threw out a fist and exclaimed, "Counter!"

"Bear...TICC!" Beartic shouted as Beartic got up and made his fist glow white making Calem flinch. Beartic began to run straight at Chesnaught and this looked like it could be deadly for Chesnaught.

As Beartic neared Chesnaught, Calem smirked completely happy about Wulfric's call because Wulfric fell into a good trap, "Spiky shield!" Chesnaught reacted quickly and put out his hands forming a green shield th at had many spikes in front of it. Beartic slammed into the shield and stumbled back in pain once contact was made making Wulfric be surprised at how strong Calem was with Chesnaught.

Wulfric regained his composure and thought about a possible way to cause Chesnaught to get disoriented and then came up with a plan, "Beartic use ice punch, let's go!"

"Beartic... TICC!" Beartic shouted as he made his fist freezing blue and started to run towards the stationary Chesnaught.

"Wood hammer counter it!" Calem shouted. Chesnaught obeyed and made his limb glow green and into a log again as Beartic started running towards Chesnaught. Chesnaught then began to run through the ice slipping at times because of the slippery surface, but Chesnaught still maintained his balance.

The two large pokemon met in the middle in a huge dominance for power. Both pokemon struggled to have their attack go through and finally both pokemon fell back and got up smirking because of how strong the opponent was. This truly was a great match for them.

In the stands:

"That challenger seems tough, I wonder how Wulfric will do this," one of the many spectators said coldly.

"Wulfric has a secret weapon, there is not a doubt this will be an amazing battle," another voice replied.

Back at the battlefield:

"Beartic go for another ice punch!" Wulfric commanded as he put his hand out. Beartic broke into a sprint and Calem figured that making the same move he used before would not be the best idea.

"Spiky Shield!"

"Ches...NAUGHT!" Chesnaught roared as he out the green energy with quills in front of him. The Beartic once more slammed into the shield, it this time did not move in fact the Beartic resisted the spiky shield.

Wulfric saw this and smirked as his plan would go well, "Use avalanche!"

"What? Chesnaught NO!" Calem shouted in surprise as the clouds formed above Chesnaught and landed causing Chesnaught to fall to the ground barely getting up. Beartic seemed happy and Wulfric commanded another ice punch, but with this Calem was prepared, "Chesnaught use rollout!" Chesnaught did not get up, but instead started to roll around the icy field and met up with Beartic's ice punch. This time the polar bear got sent to the ground.

Wulfric seemed surprised, but he did not back down, "Get up and use counter!"

"BearTICCC!"

Calem smirked as he saw his opening, "Use wood hammer on the ice!" Chesnaught slammed his green log into the ground making a barrage of ice appear from the ground and charge after Beartic like a stone edge. The ice hit the Beartic and there was a decently sized explosion in which Beartic barely stood up, and then Calem went for the finisher, "Now Chesnaught use pin missile!"

"Ches...NAUGHT!" shot his white missiles into the air and all of them landed on Beartic instantly causing an explosion in which Beartic was found lying unconscious.

The ref was not late to make the call either, "Beartic is unable to battle, the winner is Chesnaught!"

"Alright Chesnaught!" Calem shouted as he pumped his fist into the air. Wulfric had a smirk of impression as he materialized his Beartic into its pokeball.

"You are stronger than I thought," Wulfric declared, "but this pokemon will bring you a lot of trouble... Avalugg battle stance!"

"Avalugg!" The pokemon that came from the pokeball cried as it touched the ground in a strong bang from the weight.

"Chesnaught, let's keep up this momentum, use pin missile!" Calem shouted as he swung his arms to the sides. Chesnaught let go of ten missiles that headed for Avalugg, and Wulfric knew he had to stop it before things got ugly. The missiles began to fall on the Avalugg and the giant ice monster seemed to be fine with being attacked directly and tanking hits.

"Gyro ball!" Wulfric exclaimed as he formed a fist in front of him. Avalugg began to spin at the last second and the spin was extremely strong, unlike anyone has ever seen before. The Pin Missile went to fall on the Avalugg, but the missiles just shook off without any effort. Calem gritted his teeth watching this as it was very hard to stop the spin. "Now charge in with gyro ball!" Wulfric commanded once more.

"Quick use Spiky Shield!" Calem shouted while putting both arms in an X like fashion in front of his face to prevent any debris. The spiky shield setup for the spinning Avalugg was meant to stop the Avalugg, which it did. Chesnaught though, was getting tired from the constant battling and Calem had to make sure Chesnaught would do his best and pull through.

The attacks collided and amazingly, the Avalugg stopped spinning while taking damage from the shield. Wulfric them smirked and gave a command that made Calem regret ever using spiky shield. "Use ice fang!" Avalugg made a large blue fang that went around the shield and hit Chesnaught, thus making Calem's eyes widen as Chesnaught fell on the floor in front of him.

"Ches... Naught..." Chesnaught said in pain as he stood up with a green aura around him.

"Chesnaught," Calem started. "Right... We are not giving up just yet!" Chesnaught then gave a large battle cry before flexing all the muscles in his body making his look bigger.

"Wow, I am impressed, but let's see how your pokemon takes this!" Wulfric shouted. "Gyro ball!" Avalugg started to go straight for Chesnaught spinning like a top. Calem just stood there and Chesnaught then braced himself for the impact that was coming. The attack collided and amazingly Chesnaught slid back a bit before he engraved his feet in the ice to stop himself. The spinning caused a lot of damage until Avalugg lost its momentum causing Avalugg to stop spinning.

Calem then put his hands out in front of him and directed then towards the ceiling, "Throw Avalugg into the air!"

"Ches....CHAUUUUUUGHTTTT!" Chesnaught grabbed Avalugg and with amazing strength started spinning the large turtle around. Wulfric stared in horror as Chesnaught sent Avalugg into the sky unable to defend against any attack.

"PIN MISSILE!/AVALANCHE!" Both trainers shouted and both pokemon sent their attacks. Chesnaught sent a pin missile from his back as clouds formed above him that started to drop huge chunks of ice. The pin missile hit Avalugg in mid air and caused an explosion making others be shocked as the giant ice turtle hit the ground with a large thud. With Chesnaught, the avalanche fell on Chesnaught causing a large explosion. Everyone stood there confused as to what had happened but when the white smoke disappeared, one could see both pokemon on the ground motionless.

The ref looked shocked at the outcome, but gave the call immediately, "Both pokemon are unable to battle, choose your next pokemon."

Both trainers pulled out their pokeballs and stored their pokemon in their pokeballs with confident faces. Calem was having fun with this battle, but Wulfric felt accomplished with this battle. The fact that someone could take out two of his pokemon with only one made him extremely pumped.

"My last pokemon," Wulfric declared. "Come on out... Abomasnow!"

"ROAAAARRR!"

Calem stared as Abomasnow sent a large wind around the stadium which caused it to hail. Calem then went into his belt and picked up a pokeball. A pokemon he always wanted to use since he got his trick up his sleeve just recently. "Gallade! LET'S BATTLE!" Calem shouted as he threw the pokeball. The pokeball split up and opened to reveal a bipedal pokemon with blade like arms. This pokemon then took a little damage from hail, but did not flinch.

Wulfric stared at this Gallade and knew something even stronger was coming. "Abomasnow use ice shard!" Wulfric commanded while pumping his fist.

"Stop then all by using psycho cut!" Calem commanded. The purple blades caused the shards to split into harmless little pieces that Calem needed to see. Then Calem went on the offensive, "Gallade use close combat!"

"Gall...ADE..." Gallade shouted as Gallade ran up to the Abomasnow and started punching it all over the place. Abomasnow seemed to be taking a good amount of damage as Gallade retreated from the close combat. Wulfric looked very impressed by the Gallade, by testing its power he saw the potential it had.

"Abomasnow use wood hammer on the ice!" Wulfric commanded pulling off the same tactic that Calem had earlier. Abomasnow shot the green log to the ground and caused a barrage of ice go be headed towards Gallade. Calem saw the potential danger, but knew he could counter it.

"Stone edge!" Calem exclaimed. The rocks then interacted with the ice making a lot of white smoke through which both pokemon were hidden. "Now use leaf blade!" Gallade went through and slashed a large green X through the torso of Abomasnow shocking Wulfric from the amount of power that Gallade could express.

When the smoke cleared, Abomasnow was on its knees barely able to battle. Wulfric knew he needed to play his trump card so Wulfric grabbed his collar and opened it attracting many gasps from the audience in amazement. Calem's eyes went to the contents of the collar revealing a keystone. "Abomasnow... MEGA EVOLVE!" Abomasnow started to glow white and everyone stared in awe as the large pokemon that stood before them had mega evolved. "Use wood hammer!" Abomasnow took this time to unleash an amazingly strong wood hammer on Gallade. Gallade fell back and Calem gritted his teeth.

"Gallade get up we can win this!" Calem motivated. Gallade effectively got up and shook of the pain. Calem then decided to unleash his secret weapon. He grabbed his jacket's sleeve and pulled it back revealing a keystone on a watch. "Gallade, MEGA EVOLVE!" Gallade turned white and transformed into a caped pokemon with larger and more menacing blades. Gallade put his arms out in a battle stance that made Calem confident. "Stone edge!" Calem shouted as he punched the floor. Gallade punched the floor and sent a barrage of rocks.

"Ice shard!" Wulfric shouted as Abomasnow launched extremely powerful missile like shards towards the stone edge and successfully stopped it. "Now use ice punch!" Abomasnow charged an ice punch and headed it towards the Gallade.

"Gallade counter with close range Psycho cut!" Calem retaliated while pumping a fist. Gallade made his limbs glow white as he ran towards the Abomasnow and its freezing punch. The attacks collided and there was a large explosion surrounding both pokemon. Calem then knew his pokemon had come out on top and threw a punch into the air, "Close Combat!"

A large beating was heard in the white some, no one not even the spectators could register what was happening until the smoke cleared and on the ground was a motionless Abomasnow in its regular form. The ref took no time in making the call, "Abomasnow is unable to battle which which means the win goes to Calem the challenger!" At those words Calem pumped his fist and went to the field to check on his friend who had just returned to his normal form.

"Great job Gallade," Calem told his friend. The spectators all clapped for the challenger as they were pleased with the results and the fact that they got to see an amazing battle. Calem high fived (somehow) Gallade and the two of them were presented by the badge by Wulfric who came walking from his throne.

"That truly was an amazing and exhilarating battle, I do see a lot of potential in you, specially in Gallade and just as much on Chesnaught being able to take out two of my pokemon like that," Wulfric stated with a chuckle as he gave Calem his badge. "Here, for your proof of victory in the Snowbelle gym, this is the Iceberg Badge."

"Thanks a lot," Calem replied as he put the Iceberg Badge in the badge case. The badge case glistened with all eight badges. "Gallade look at this," Calem told his friend. Gallade came behind Calem. "We have all eight badges, we are going to the Kalos League!"

"So you are competing at the Kalos League?" Wulfric asked Calem.

Calem looked at Wulfric and said, "Yes sir!"

"Well then, good luck," Wulfric replied as he patted Calem's back. "The strongest trainers battle there and I know you will do great!"

"Thanks," Calem said as he and Gallade sweatdropped at Wulfric's attitude.

In route to Snowbelle City:

"There he is," A person in a white dress muttered as she watched Ash walking towards Snowbelle city. "I need to test him, he has the potential..." the person replied.

"Gardevoir..."

"I know Gardevoir, we need to battle him, I want to battle his strongest as well," the figure replied as she dashed into a another bush to prevent being seen by Ash.

A/N: This was quite the chapter. I really have improved my writing now that I look back at this battle. I remember being so crappy xD. Yes, I know this was a somewhat short battle, but it only really had three battles in it and it was very one sided to Calem. Also, I don't know if Beartic can learn counter, but whatever. Also, I want you guys to keep in mind that the chapters will start to get a little longer, I have already written 8k-11k chapters for the future so I hope you guys are excited for those as they actually take a little more effort for me to make TBH xD!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed, remember to R & R, and as always I hope to see you guys next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 1.8K 34
The whole point of Travelling across the regions for Ash was to not have a boring life with a corporate job, but now, 8 years later, he has both of t...
2.4K 83 5
Follow Avery through Kalos with Sparks, her Pikachu, and, her boyfriend, Ash Ketchum with his Pikachu. Together, they meet new friends and Pokemon wh...
11.9K 98 6
The Story is created by TheLucky38 from Fanfiction.net , I am just sharing the story to all of you so don't comment I stole the story from him. ...
1.9K 92 24
"There are Pokรฉmon that wish to do good...and there are those who desire harm. The line between the two is often blurred and sometimes, it is only by...