Before I Met You (DESTIEL HIG...

By _Bianca-Tachibana_

Ever since Dean Winchester came out as gay to his friend, Meg, and she told everyone, people have constantly... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Authors Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Author's Note
Chapter 45
Authors Note

Chapter 43

2.1K 78 95
By _Bianca-Tachibana_

Cas' POV

I stood impatiently in the living room of the Winchester house , waiting for Dean to come down so we could leave for the dance. I've been waiting for about half an hour now, making small talk with Bobby and chatting with Sam.

"So, uhh... Are you looking forward to the dance..?" Bobby asked awkwardly.

"I don't know," I replied slowly. "Not really, I guess."

Sam, who at this moment had been sitting in the kitchen, shouted, "He's lying!"

With a smirk on my face, I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Yeah, I am sorta looking forward to it, but I've got a reputation to maintain, so let's keep it lowkey." Bobby did the same thing I did. He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Sam, go upstairs for a bit please. I want to talk to Cas alone," Bobby said.

With an exasperated sigh, Sam trudged up the stairs to his room and then Bobby and I were left in uncomfortable silence. I think he had intentions of going on a huge spiel, but he didn't know how to start it. After a few more moments of awkwardness, he broke the silence, and he was pretty damn blunt with what he said. 

"You changed Dean a lot, and definitely for the better. I can't thank you enough for that. For a while I was uneasy about you, but looking at this in the bigger picture, I can see how much of a positive impact you've held on him, and I'm sorry if I ever treated you poorly," he said. I was a bit taken aback by the suddenness of all of that.

"It wasn't because I disliked you, so again, I'm sorry if that's how it came across. It was just because I was afraid of Dean getting hurt. I wanted to do everything in my power to protect him, but at the time, I didn't see that you weren't a threat. Now, in a realistic and rational stance, I know that you are the last thing that would hurt him. Thank you for everything you've done to help my boy."

I had been looking at the floor the whole time, simply because I didn't know what to do. For the first time since Bobby started talking, I looked up at him, and I was greeted with a sight I thought was near impossible. Tears falling from the face of the man I thought had no emotions. Anytime I had encounters with Bobby, he was so nonchalant and indifferent to everything.

I guess that just goes to show that people could be, and probably are, waging a war inside their heads that no one else knows about. The indifference was just a façade for everything he really was feeling, which happened to be concern, worry, love and care. I reached over and put a hand on his shoulder, so he looked at me.

I put my other hand out for him to shake it, but again, he did something I didn't expect. He turned his whole body and hugged me, close and tight. After a moment of shock, I hugged him back.

"I care about Dean more than anything, and although that sounds unrealistic, it's true. I've spent the last few months falling for him over and over again, each time I look at him. I'm not giving up on him anytime soon." As I spoke, tears welled up in my eyes too, but I blinked them away quickly.

"I l-" As I went to speak, I was interrupted by the sound of squeaking stairs, and muttered apologies for being so long, and then Dean, wearing the blue and beige suit we bought not long ago, appeared before me.

"Wow," I said. "You look... ravishing."

He tried to stifle a giggle, but he failed. "Ravishing? Were you scrolling through a thesaurus before I got down here?"

Without responding, I just took a step forward and embraced him tightly, not wanting to let go. I felt him smile against my cheek, which made me smile as well.

"Alright kids, if you don't go now, you're going to be late," Bobby said, ushering us out. "Let me take a few pictures first. I'd be a deadman if I didn't."

It was me this time, who tried to hide my giggle, but just like Dean, I failed. After a few pictures, Dean grabbed my hand and we walked to his Impala.

"Damn baby," he said, patting the hood of the car. "Still as fine as ever."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Y'know, sometimes I wonder if you like the car more than me," I said, getting in the passenger seat.

"Sometimes I wonder too," Dean said, kissing me on the cheek, and then proceeding to start the car.

"We should probably park a few streets away from the school, just because it'll be fairly busy," I suggested.

He nodded and said, "Yeah, you're probably right."

As per usual, Dean threw in some of his old music, and we jammed all the way to the spot where we stopped the car and got out to walk. We parked only a few blocks away from the school. He held my hand as we walked to our destination, not caring about the people who looked at us like there was something wrong. That something being the fact that we were both men.

I got lost in thought as we walked. I don't particularly understand why people find it so necessary to criticize those who are different. Girls who likes girls, and boys who like boys. Girls who want to be boys, and boys who want to be girls. That's exactly like judging someone because they prefer hotdogs over hamburgers. What does it matter?

This was one of those things that I was extremely passionate about. I want to be able to be me and not have to worry about it displeasing other people. As long as who I am is not a detriment to myself, or to others, then it shouldn't matter, to anyone. Discrimination is a huge issue, and it won't stop being one unless people see things for what they really are, compared to what they want them to be.

I was awoken from my trance when Dean started screaming my name. I stopped in my tracks, and turned around to look at him, only to see him running towards me, pointing to my left. I averted my eyes to the place he was pointing, and when I did that, it was like time slowed down.

There was a large truck, likely transporting cattle, driving straight towards me, and although everything appeared to be slow motion, I knew realistically it was headed straight for me, and it was going to hit me. In the short space of time I could think, I tried to make a plan.

How likely is it that if I try to jump out of the way, that I will succeed?  Impossible. I won't make it.

So what do I do?  Try it anyways.

That was what I did. Even though I knew getting hit was inevitable, I tried to jump out of the way anyways.

I had spent too much time thinking, and not enough time moving. Just as I had jumped diagonally, the truck hit me, and fuck did it hit me hard. My body plummeted to the ground beneath me, and at that point I couldn't move.

At this moment, I was suffering from paralysis and agonizing pain. I couldn't move my head, or my body, but from my peripheral vision, I could see a pool of thick red liquid surrounding me. At first, I didn't know what it was, but when the putrid scent of metal hit my nostrils, I knew it was blood. It wasn't a little bit of blood either, but a large pool of blood spreading around my head, and that was all I could see.

Then, my breathing started to hitch. It was sporadic. Suffocation for 15 seconds, and inhalation for 5, and that process continued until I started to feel like I was drowning and then breathing stopped all together. It wasn't water, it couldn't be, so the only logical explanation was blood. I was choking on my own blood.

There was no voluntary movement, but my body had started to convulse, shaking and twisting on the ground.

After the breathing, my vision started to give out. First, it got blurry and then it focused. I don't know if my eyelids were open or closed, but then it started going darker and darker. As time progressed, I wasn't able to see anymore. It was completely black.

Hearing was the least of my concern, but I suppose that was because I hadn't been able to hear since I got hit. Instead, there was just ringing. Loud, obnoxious ringing in my ears and I couldn't do a damn thing about it. On its own, my hearing came back, but honestly, I wish it didn't. There were sirens. People were screaming and crying and calling for help. I started to hear the light pitter-patter of rain, as it hit the ground next to me. However, those sounds, although unpleasant, were bearable. The worst sound, the one I wish I hadn't heard was the teary, cracked plea of Dean's voice.

"Please baby, please.. Be okay.. Come back to me.. Please baby..."

He was begging, pleading, and I couldn't help. The pain I was going through was no longer my biggest concern. Upon hearing Dean's words, his pain was my biggest concern.

If someone had asked me the worst thing I'd ever heard in my life, I wouldn't even need to think about it. That, right there, would be my number one. My boyfriend's heartbroken plea for me to be okay.

After losing almost all of my senses, my hearing went next, leaving me with my thoughts. My agonizing thoughts, which, although they weren't the worst part of it, it was definitely        runner-up.

Would I be okay?  Honestly, I don't know. Simply because I didn't know how injured I was.

Am I going to die?  Possibly.

Am I going to try to fight through this all?  Definitely.

First my ability to move, then my ability to breathe, and after those, my ability to see and hear, and finally, my capability to think left me.

But before that all happened, the last thing I thought of was the conversation I had with Bobby earlier. 'I know that you are the last thing that would hurt him,'  I'm sorry, Bobby.. I failed you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 469 21
Dean Winchester is finally free and can finally live his own life. Write his own story. And yet, he is nowhere near being happy. On the contrary, he...
2.1K 137 20
"have you tried turning it off and on again?" Cas and Dean. Dean and Cas. You would never see one without the other. The Winchester boys had lived ne...
4.2K 201 32
Dean Winchester. Shy, sweet kid next door kind of person. He was never the aggressive type. And Cas never knew why The boys had been the best of frie...
81.4K 4K 11
Something about that cocky grin and mischievous smirk made Cas glare in fury. Dean had no sense of respect whatsoever, he tries to flirt himself out...