Racing Hearts

By Sarupreethi

Ranked #125(Romance) as on 14/6/2016 Laugh with me Cry with me Fight with me Walk with me But ne... More

Prologue
Champion!!
My life !! My Passion!!
First meet ;-)
Gotta job!!
Meeting again!!
Only Annoyance ;(
Crazy Fights..!!
Where did you go..??
First Ride》》》
Friends???
Misconceptions :(
What's bothering u??
We're not meant to be :/
Damn you,Neha!
Guilty :/
A shoulder to lean on :)
The Surprise :0 :D :)
Say yes!!
Hurtful love :/
You love me ,I know that ;) :p
Unexpected happenings !!
Too much of family dramas ....
On the wheels!! A kiss in the air :^)
My heart belongs to a rider :)
A day to remember ○°♡♡
The Aftermath
Love or Race??
Remorse and Regrets :/
With love ,we parted miles apart ..!!
Chasing dreams 》》》♡
Wished for y♡u , and here y♡u are !!
Wedding bells ☆!!
Off to the city of £○♡€ !!
Tears of joy & Tears of pain..
In the ~waves~ of change...
Epilogue
AN
Surprise...

Each day I ♡ U More!!

5.6K 271 56
By Sarupreethi

Love is not about how much you say
I Love You,
but how much you prove that's true!!

Neha's pov:

As the sun rays gleamed through the windows , I blinked my eyes open as I tried to get rid of the sleep . Hearing those slow beats of the rise and fall of his heart beat made me recognize that I had been resting my head on to his chest . A delightful smile curved my lips seeing those perfect abs of my man , who was in his calm slumber.

As I was about to get up , he cuddled me by tangling his hands around my waist ; so he is awake!

"Arjunnnn.....Leave me....", I tried to pull away from his embrace. But without leaving me from his hold , he wrapped his hands around me much tighter .

Inspite of trying hard , I couldn't free myself from his mesh . His muscles were too strong , that I couldn't push him even an inch . His biceps! Ohh God ...Save me!

"My dear romantic husband ....",I tried to distract him in a sing song tone.

"Yes , my dear unromantic wifey..", he snapped back in a teasing voice.

"Ohh is that so?? , You'll regret for what you said now , my dear romantic hubby.. ", I warned him; still trying to pull away from his hold.

"OMG! ,That sounds like a warning! ", he giggled sweetly this time making me go all smiles. " Between Arjun , Are we going to stay like this or do you have any plans to leave for work? ", I asked him as I kept on wriggling myself under his strong arms.

"Darling , I am not going anywhere, the former one seems a better idea; let's stay like this ", he muttered in his ever romantic voice.

"God Arjun ! this is not doing right..
Stop behaving like a Kadhal Mannan*(Lover boy)", I taunted him . For which his reaction was nothing more than a audible laugh which sounded more like an agreement to what I said previously.

"It has been already a day since we returned from Paris and do you care to come out of the honeymoon vibes ?", I asked him with a sarcastic smile.

But all my attempts didn't work out with Arjun ; Neither did he left me from his hold nor he was ready to get up for work. My hero; You're are much difficult to handle!

"Arjun pleaseeeee....... leave me....... and please go get ready for work ", I stated now in a more pleasing tone.

"Uhmm......I can't go without you ", he said ,his voice become so faint now .The Arjun who was playing with me all these time was totally missing . He sounded low . I knew where he was upto...

Mustering up the courage I spoke out to him ,"Please Arjun , don't compel me to join back at work , I badly need a break", I tried to convince him somehow.

"Is that really you need a break or something is bothering you ? ;Like working under me ", he asked straight as if he had read my mind already.
As I stayed silent for a second looking for answers in my silly head he continued, " If that is the reason then I can assure you that you have equal rights in everything I own and that includes my business too. I didn't marry you just to boss around the home. As we promised in our wedding vows , I'll walk with you in pursuing your dreams , like you do to me . Please get that in your head !!", he spoke his heart out. I literally had tears welled up in my eyes when he assured those lines. He did'nt utter those words in random , I very well knew that he meant what he said.

Trying to control the tears from falling down my I orbs , I managed to fake a smile in my lips and replied him, " It is not as you think Arjun ..
I'm planning for some change..
Got bored of this usual routine , have to do something that gives pleasure inside out..
Hope you understand me Arjun.." I tried to reassure him that all I needed was a break from the routine.

But the actual truth behind the decision was not because I would work under Arjun , but the real fact was , I felt little uncomfortable after hearing few gossips of the employees at work . On the day of our wedding ,I happened to hear a few rude comments too , "Look at the crooked girl ,she came begging for a job but now she had trapped our boss itself".

Though I didn't care about those filthy words , but still it hurt a lot to hear such rude comments. I hated to work in a place where these filthy people are there . Also I didn't want Arjun to know all these .
If he comes to know , he would become a moron again and sack all of them from their jobs . I didn't want that to happen.

Seeing me zoned out in some thoughts, Arjun solaced me with his words ,"Okay I'm not arguing anymore !! ,the judgement is left to my darling's court ", he declared finally untangling his arms from my waist , raising them above my forehead and began to caress my hairlines.

"Thanks for understanding Arjun", I said stamping a peck on his cheek before I got up from Arjun's frame.

After a haste morning session of getting ready , he finally left for work with no heart to leave me at home. The later part of the day went by spending time with Arjun's mom ; chit chatting for a while ;cooking together; watching TV and so on. Amidst of all these , Arjun never missed to call me now and then.

______________________________________

That noon I was completely bored ; For the past few days Arjun had been quite busy in work, so I couldn't disturb him. Skipping through the tv programs sucked too , I was just scrolling through the news feeds in facebook.

It was when my phone rang playing Adiye alaghe pick up the call *, in his sweet melodic voice , I got back to my senses. I had a wide smile looking at my phone's display with his smart picture .

"Miss you darling ..",he uttered the moment he heard me breathe an hello.

"I miss you more Arjun ..",I mumbled pouting my lips.

"I know ",he uttered making me go all smiles; As if he was staking me secretly ,he finds out all my reactions . I couldn't help myself from smiling ear to ear. "Baby can you please go to the study and check whether there is a blue file on the table and call me back", he said.

"So this why you called me",I frowned pouting my lips.

"No darling, please don't get mad, it's a little urgent, can you please go and check it", he asked softly.

"Okay", I agreed to him and cut the call.

Sliding the wooden door of the study, I walked inside to check whether the file was there. The table was empty except for a gift wrapped up in blue.
So this is the file he meant? Arjun you'll never stop giving surprises...

Curious to know what was there inside the wrapped up gift box, I started unwrapping it. On seeing the contents of the box, my eyes struck for a moment, there was a beautiful red saree ;my favorite colour.. It took a few seconds for me to notice the sticky note on the gift..

"The surprise doesn't end here
my beloved,
Check out the draw! "

"You are driving me crazy Arjun" ,I mumbled to myself and strode towards the draw . As I dragged open the draw, I found another gift box wrapped in white, with a note stocked to it ,which read,

To my flawless beauty!

I smiled alone like an idiot after seeing the note . Inside the box there was beautiful pearl studded necklace paired with a set of earrings . It looked so beautiful. And there was a pretty little card inside the box. It read,

I would have never realised love could be this beautiful,
if I didn't get a chance to meet you ..
You redefined me!
Each day I love you more Neha!!

-Arjun

"Are you really alright Arjun? ",my mind voice poked me seeing all these. It's not even any special day today, why did he plan a surprise ? Only he could clear my thoughts. In no time I dialed Arjun's number , He answered the call in a few rings,

"Arj.. Arjun...", words failed to come out , somehow composing my breath I spoke further, "What's all this Arjun, surprise gifts, anything special today ", I asked him ...

"With you by my side, each day is more special for me ", he said making me blush right there, my cheeks were growing pink..

As I stood there smiling euphorically he taunted me, "You have all day to smile darling , Now like a good girl go get ready and we are going somewhere tonight", he uttered and before I ask him where? ,the call was cut.

I was seriously wondering what was going on in Arjun's mind.

I got ready in the gorgeous red shiffon saree bordered with intricate golden patch works which he had gifted me earlier today and matched my attire with the pearl neckset and earrings . I brushed my hair smoothly running the comb through the bangs to make them look perfect , I applied a little kajal to my eyes and carefully tinted my lips red.

Checking out that the time was already 7 pm and Arjun would be there anytime , I gazed myself one last time in front of the mirror . Somehow satisfied with the look, I took my clutch and walked out of the room. The driver was already waiting to pick me up.To where?; that was a big question mark till now.

After almost a 15 minutes drive,the car halted in front of a restaurant .
Getting down from the car, my eyes had already started roaming around in search of Arjun.

"Mrs. Arjun", a lady in her mid twenties enquired. When I nodded an yes, she guided me inside the restaurant. We took the lift to reach the fourth floor of the hotel;the roof top. All the time my eyes were doing it's job of searching for Arjun.

"I guess some angel had fallen from the heaven ...", atlast I heard his sizzling voice. When I turned around to see him, my eyes met his sparkling black ones. We stood there stilled ogling at each other.  He looked hotter than usual in his black suit ;it's very rare I got to see him in this outfit. I couldn't take my eyes of him.

"You look gorgeous! ", he said breaking the silence of the place. I couldn't resist myself from blushing hard. He inched closer to me , I could already feel his minted cologne in my breathe. It felt exotic. In seconds he was holding me in his arms; the place where I belonged to. The world around me zoned out as I squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end. Before we parted off , he brushed my hair smoothly and pecked my forehead .

Tangling me in his arms, he led me inside. A more lovely scene awaited for me inside ; yes an candle light dinner it was. The night was turning out more and more romantic by now. The breathtaking view of the city glowing in lights; the gentle breeze around us; the scented flames from the candles ; the sweet aroma around the place; and Arjun near me everything seemed so perfect tonight.

He pulled out an chair for me and after I got seated he plumped himself in the chair opposite to mine.

"Someone is behaving too romantic today, what's all this Arjun", I asked him finally.

Letting out a big chuckle he explained, " It's been a few days since I spent time with you.. that's why trying to compensate for that , Am so sorry darling", he said. How could he be such a sweetheart?

"Shhh ....Arjun don't be silly, whatever it is.. I'll always love you.. ", I confessed caressing his fingers.

"Love you more ", he uttered grabbing my hand in his and planted a soft assuring kiss on my fingers.

For the rest of the night we sat there facing each other, engrossed, barely noticing the food in front of us. It was just our eyes that spoke millions.

__________________________________

Time flies. It was the eighth month into our wedding . So many things have changed in my life ,except for the love that Arjun holds for me. I am totally overwhelmed with the people around me ; taking care of me like their own family. I am really blessed to have them in my life. In these few days I had to join back to work. Having sponsored by big shots, Arjun had to concentrate on his racing stuffs. This didn't fail to explode a bombshell at home. Few months back it was a real tug off war between Arjun and his dad. His dad wasn't ready to go with Arjun's passion. Arjun was equally fighting with his dad. It took months for me to make his dad understand Arjun's wish.

So yeah, finally I was able to convince him a little. But I had to accompany his dad to look after the company . Arjun was much relieved now as he was free to think only about his passion; that's what he wanted all these days. And now he was very happy that his dad accepted to his wish after all these years.

The 2017 world racing championship league was nearing , this time too Arjun was representing Asia. So he was damn busy with his practise. He rarely gets time to spend with me.
It's been a month we even spoke properly. I started missing him to the core, he comes home by late nights and leaves too early in the morning . There would be love notes and sorry notes by my bed when I wake up. And a very rare few minute phone calls . Some days I would wait for him till he arrives; those nights would turn out more lovey dovey. He would pour down all his love to make the midnights more romantic.

For the first time in his life ,Arjun had gone for the race with his parent's blessings. They were very cool this time before sending him off to US for the championships. It was me who felt a little emotional when he went. I was giving him so many advises for which he agreed like a good boy and in return he asked me to take care of myself . Somehow hiding my tears I stamped an good luck kiss on his cheeks and gave a tight hug before he left to catch the flight. I'm going to miss him for another week.

I rolled over the bed to get sleep ; I couldn't; the other half of the bed was empty; I felt so lonely without him. I really had no clue how this week would pass without him. But keeping those thoughts aside, I wanted Arjun to win this time too.

From the day he left to US , I was feeling sick . I had been throwing up often and feeling dizzy all the time. Initially I thought It must be the result of lack of sleep due to missing Arjun. Then suddenly it hit my brains, Am I pregnant?. There was a chance for it. So without wasting time I visited the doctor to check out whether my assumption was right.

Yeah I was right ! By God's grace the result was positive. My happiness knew no bounds when I confirmed my pregnancy. I literally wanted to shout out in joy and I freaking wanna open this news to Arjun. Only then I realised Arjun had gone to US and no other go but to wait for five more days to break the news to him.

I hardly tried to calm down myself but I couldn't be patient, so I decided to tell him over phone . So I ended up calling him , but our bad lucks I was unable to reach him through phone.

There wasn't a single call from him since he left, I become much worried . Keeping a big news within yourself also becomes a burden right??
The exact scenario running in my mind was, "Dei Arjun seekrama vada, Illa en thalaiye vedichurum (Arjun , please come back soon otherwise my head would burst) " .
Only by scrolling the news channels I came to know that he had won the World Championships for the second time. So atlast I was able to conclude that he was safe. Thank God!

He didn't even have the courtesy to call me to tell his victory . I was freaking angry at him.

It's been exactly seven days since I spoke to him. Not even single text or phone call for him. There were no reply for my texts too; Damn, that much busy he is. I missed him to hell for for god's sake .

While I was standing at the balcony of our room gazing the stars in the moon litten sky as some random moments spent with Arjun was running through my mind , I felt someone's hand locking me from behind. My body shivered on the whole by the sudden touch .When I twirled around, there he was standing behind me holding my waist.

As I was gaining composure in his hold, he pulled me forward for a kiss. His lips pressed mine. Seeing me not responding to his love bite , he saw me straight in to my eyes; that were welling up already with the saline liquid.

"Mad at me ??",he asked without taking of his hands from my waist.

"How can I be Arjun , when I am totally mad about you !", those words came automatically in rhythm.

"Then why are you crying darling? ", he asked wiping away the tears.

"Seven whole days Arjun, you think I wouldn't have missed you", I let out.

"Sorry, I was held up all the time darling , I couldn't call you back ",he said pulling me much more closer in his embrace. "I missed you too",he mumbled inching his nose to the crook of my neck delivering a soft kiss ;his soft touches would always give goosebumps for me. From the neck his lips traversed to my cheeks and then to the lips. My heart fluttered while my hands tangled around his neck . I breathed in sharply and kissed him back passionately, his arms that were encircled around my waist drew me much closer to him.There wasn't even a air gap between us.

In his shield of warmth and love , I totally forgot about our baby. Alerted suddenly, I parted of from the kiss and gave some space for air in between us. Shocked by my sudden change of behaviour Arjun looked at me questioningly ,

"Arjun if you hug me tighter like this what will happen to our baby ? ,You should learn how to hug a pregnant woman ",I taunted him.

He looked at me stunned, "Our baby what do you mean darling,...",he asked looking into my eyes with confusion evident in those sparking black orbs.

"Our little champion is on the way Arjun ; You are going to be father! ",I revealed the news to him finally.

His eyes melted into tears hearing the happy news.
"Seriously Neha?",he asked as he was still unable to process the news.

"Yes Arjun ,our love is growing inside me ",I affirmed him by taking his hands in mine and placed it over my stomach.

"You don't even know how happy I am ",he admitted which I could understand by seeing his joyous face itself.

"Thank you so much Neha ", he uttered going on his knees . With his largish palm he caressed my tummy and planted a soft kiss to our love which was sleeping peacefully inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 3.5K 63
• She was broken piece of glass while he had the glue that could mend it together. • Kiara is a girl that wanted to fall in love. Meet her soulmate b...
3.8K 326 17
This is the same story in which there are so many twists and turns, there is a game of revenge, there is a drama of love, there are races of cars or...
2M 161K 88
"I can give you grandchild without marriage too mom" Mira said after listening to her mom's useless reason making everyone shock. Yeah???? "I...I mea...
126K 4.9K 51
Hey guys!!! This book is available in Amazon. You can purchase your own copy (edited version). I know, I'm not a great writer nor this book is great...