Good Life

By electric_forest

Seventeen year old Kaci LaSpina adjusts to many changes in her life after her mom recently remarries. She has... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 27

62 13 2
By electric_forest

{Song in video: P!nk - Missundaztood}

It was almost the end of the school day, and although a weird misunderstanding occurred, Raj and I acted normal toward each other. I didn't get a chance to tell my friends what happened, since I didn't want to say it in front of Raj, in case in would get awkward.

The bell rang a few minutes later, and as soon as it did, I met up with Raj in the parking lot.

"Hey, do you work today?" Raj asked after giving me a kiss.

"Yeah, but only until 5," I said.

"Oh okay. Well, I'll just go on over there anyways. I want some desserts." He smiled.

"Okay, see you then." I smiled back, and then walked over to my car.

A little while later, I arrived to the bakery and clocked in. "What am I doing today?" I asked Lauren.

"Let's see..." Lauren said, checking the schedule. "We're both cashier's today."

"Aw, okay." I tried not to sound too disappointed.

"Hey, it'll be fine. I'm here with you this time, so it won't be too boring. I know you really like baking."

"No, it's okay. I know we do other work sometimes. I'm glad you're with me when we're cashier's though."

Raj walked in through the door, smirking as he came up to us. "So you're a cashier today?" He said.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"At least I'll get to see you though. I can't see you when you're back there in the kitchen baking."

"That's true." I grinned.

Raj glanced behind him, noticing people waiting in line now. "I'll order already so I don't hold up the line. I'll have my usual."

"Coming right up." I smiled, handing him his desserts.

"Awesome." He smiled, and then walked over to a table.

For the next half an hour, it got somewhat busy. I'm really glad I had Lauren to help me out.

"Hey," I said, grinning to the next customer who came up.

"Hey," Shoshanna said, smiling. "I'll order a slice of pumpkin pie."

"Okay, coming right up." I gave her the slice of pie.

"Thanks." She took the pie, and sat down next to Raj.

Lauren and I kept busy up front, and a few minutes later, a girl, who looked about my age, came back up to us. "Hey, do you have a lost and found? I think I lost an earring here not too long ago," she said.

"Yeah, we do actually. Hold on," I said to her. I turned to Lauren. "Hey, I'm going to take her to the lost and found. I'll be back in a few minutes."

"Oh okay," Lauren said, nodding.

I took the girl over to the back, where the lost and found was. "Do you know what it looks like?" I asked.

"It's dangly gold earrings," she said.

"Oh okay. Well, I'll try looking into this cupboard. If not, we can look around the place."

She nodded as I went over to the cabinet and got the cupboard with lost and found items. "There's not really much in here. Just some bracelets and paperclips."

"Oh." The girl had a disappointed look on her face.

"Do you know where you last lost it? We can retrace your steps." I gave her a hopeful smile.

"I really don't remember..."

"That's okay. We'll just look around for it."

"Oh okay." She gave me a slight smile.

For the next fifteen minutes, we looked into different places where she could have possibly lost her earrings.

"I guess it's not here," the girl said, sighing. "Well, I won't hold you up any longer." She walked out of the room.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I'll let you know if I see them. You can give us your number so any one of us can contact you later if we find them. In the meantime, maybe look at other places you think you could have lost it at."

"Thanks, but I guess I'll just look at the other places first. If I still don't find them by then, then I'll come back to see if it has been found."

"Oh okay, fair enough. I hope you find those earrings."

"Me too." She glanced around the room. "Well, I'll just order some muffins, and then I have to get going."

"Okay." I nodded as I walked back to the front to take orders.

"I'll have a blueberry muffin," the girl said.

"There you go." I smiled as I handed her the bag.

"Thanks." She grabbed the bag, and then went outside.

While Lauren and I were taking other people's orders, I couldn't help but notice Shoshanna and Raj looking over at me every few seconds.

Raj came over to me a few minutes later, with a stern look on his face. "Anything you want to talk about?" He asked.

I gave him a confused look. "Talk about what?" I asked.

"Are you serious? Why do you keep sending weird messages and denying it?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm sort of busy right now."

Lauren came up to us. "Is everything okay?" She asked, glancing at Raj and I.

"No, it's not," Raj answered, looking at me with a straight face.

Lauren looked confused as well. "Um okay...well we have to keep working. We only have a few more minutes to go."

"Okay." Raj grumbled, going back to the table with Shoshanna.

"What the heck was all of that?" Lauren whispered to me.

"I wish I knew, but I have no idea!" I exclaimed with frustration.

After my shift was over, I went up to Raj and Shoshanna. Before I said anything, Shoshanna said, "Kaci, are you mad at me? I thought we could be friends..."

"What? I'm not mad at anybody," I said, still confused.

"Then why would you send this text to me?" She showed me a message that looked like it was sent from me: This is Kaci, and I don't like that you're talking to my boyfriend. So back off, okay?

"What?" I gasped as I read it. "Shoshanna, I swear I didn't send this-"

"Well it came from your phone." She gave me a confused look. "Look, I get it. I will leave you and Raj alone. I don't want to come between you two."

"I was working the whole time, I can't be on my phone at work." I sighed. "I really don't know what's been going on lately. Maybe it's some joke or something, but I did not message you. I don't even know your number."

"I saw you go in the back for a while," Raj said, still looking unconvinced. "What was all of that about?"

"I went to help someone look for her lost earrings."

"I know I saw someone walk with you, but this really doesn't make any sense."

I glanced at Shoshanna. "Well, what about Shoshanna? Was she here the whole time?" I blurted out without thinking.

"Yes she was here the whole time. Wait, now you're blaming Shoshanna for this?" He scoffed.

"No, I'm not." I ran my hand through my hair. "I just don't know what's been going on the past few days."

"I've been sitting here the whole time," Shoshanna said. "I don't want to cause any drama though. I'll just go..." She stood up, picking up her purse.

"No, Shoshanna. I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to blame you. Honestly, I have no idea what's going on. I promise I would never send a text like that. I'm fine with you and Raj talking."

"Oh...okay." She seemed a little unsure. "Well, I have to get going anyways. I'll see you all around." She got up and left.

"I should get going too," Raj said in a low tone.

"Raj, I really didn't send that message. Do you not believe me?" I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

"I don't know, Kace. I mean, I want to, but this is just all really weird to me. If you feel that uncomfortable with me and Shoshanna talking to each other, you could have just told me in a less weird way. Those messages the past few days were kind of harsh."

"I'm okay with you two talking to each other, trust me. I'm not that type of person that would say those kinds of things. I'm not the jealous type."

"Oh okay." He sighed. "Well, I still have to get going. I have a lot of studying to do."

"Okay, well see you later." I waited for him to kiss me like he usually does, but he didn't this time. All he did was nod, and then he walked outside to his car.

"Hey..." Lauren said as she came up to me. "Are you okay? That conversation seemed weird, just by looking at it."

"I don't know..." I said, glancing at the ground. "The past few days have been really weird."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She gave me a concerned look.

"Sure, but it's really weird." I sighed, and then told her the whole story.

"That's is really weird..." Lauren looked stunned. "Do you think it was Shoshanna? She was over at your house yesterday and she was here today."

"That's the thing. I'm not really sure." I frowned. "Yesterday, she was me and Takara basically the whole time. My phone was upstairs."

"Was there a way she could have possibly got to it?"

I shrugged. "I have no idea."

"Well, what about today? She could have done that while you were in the back helping that girl."

"I kind of said that to Shoshanna and Raj earlier, but Raj said she was there the whole time and couldn't believe I would say that about her. I didn't mean to, it just sort of slipped out."

"It's understandable." She gave me a hug. "I know you would never say that stuff. Something just isn't adding up right."

"Yeah, for sure."

"Maybe we should tell Takara, Remi, and Felix about this."

"Yeah...wait, why Felix?" I almost laughed.

"Because maybe he can track down who said that. It could have been one of those weird hack things. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but Felix would be able to figure it out."

"Oh okay. That would be great if he could help figure this out."

"I'll call him right now." She dialed his number, and started talking to him.

In the meantime, I paid for a few cupcakes and ate them.

A few minutes later, Lauren came up to me. "I told Felix what happened, and he said he can look into it."

"Great, when?" I asked.

"He's not able to do it tonight because he has to study, but he said he can look into it tomorrow after school."

"Oh okay, well that's good. I just hope he figures out what's going on."

"Me too. He also thinks this is all really weird."

"Yeah..."

"So are you okay now? If you want, you can come over for a little while. Mom is making breakfast for dinner." She grinned.

"Sure, that sounds good." My face lit up a little.

"Okay, see you in a few."

I got to her house a few minutes later, and we talked, watched some shows, and ate dinner and some leftover desserts from the bakery.

**********

A/N: Another weird misunderstanding happened between Kaci and Raj. There was another text that looked like it came from Kaci, but again, she didn't send that text. She tries telling Raj that, but he is still unsure to what is going on. Kaci tells Lauren about what happened, and she is confused as well. She told Felix about it so he could check out what is going on with her phone.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7M 74.9K 22
(Sample. Watch out for the official book release on January 31, 2015!) The women in Brianne Montgomery's family have a curse. And she isn't going t...
9M 273K 51
Sadie's secretly in love with her best friend Connor. When the lights go off at a party, she kisses him in the dark. The next day, Connor enlists her...
2.5K 1 1
PJO and Harry Potter Crossover
4.1K 335 30
Willow Kingswell has been listening to her Nana's tales of enchanted kingdoms for as long as she can remember. But when she is transported to the rea...