Daughter of a Black

By kayzee1511

{Completed} It's hard being the daughter of Sirius Black, since everyone's accusing my father of being a murd... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Author's Note

Chapter 3

15.2K 264 339
By kayzee1511

I woke up early the next morning since I was so excited to spend the day in Diagon Alley. I got dressed and walked down the stairs. Hermione and the twins were awake and downstairs. It sounded like they were in an argument.

I slowly walked down the stairs and looked at Fred. He looked up and smiled. "Morning Rhea." He said. I smiled as I walked towards them, and once I got to him, I trapped Fred in a large hug. I felt like I had lost control for a minute. I was wondering what he was thinking about some random girl hugging him.

"So, who's doing what today?" I asked.

"I'm staying here all day." Hermione said.

"Same here." The twins said in unison.

"I have to go get my school supplies today." I said.

"Oh, do you want us to come with you?" Fred asked.

"I'm not!" George said. "I have plans!"

"You just said you were planning on staying here all day." Hermione said.

"Yeah, I plan on napping here all day."

We all started laughing. I looked at Hermione and she shook her head.

"I'm organizing my school things. I'm leaving for home tomorrow morning and I have a lot of things." She said.

"So Fred, you actually want to go with me to get my school supplies?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll come." Fred said.

"Well, I'm gonna be there all day, are you ok with that too? You can leave early if you want."

"No, I'll stay the whole time."

"Thanks. I think dad and I are leaving at nine o'clock, so I'm going to go tell him your coming." I said, standing up. I left the room and went to find Remus. I also couldn't believe how well I was pretending to be his daughter.

...

Remus led Fred and me outside the back door of the Leaky Cauldron. We walked into Diagon Alley, and I was, as always, overwhelmed. Just the sight of all the magical shops and people made me so happy. It was like Dad had never been accused of murder, and was never thrown in Azkaban.

We walked down the crowded row of shops. I looked at Fred, who was standing next to me. I wonder how old he is, and how old I need to be until Remus let's me date. I automatically thought I was crazy. I can't get feelings for Fred, for someone I just met yesterday.

First we stopped in Flourish and Blotts. We split up to look for the books I needed. I was looking on a shelf, when I saw Fred start climbing a ladder nearby.

I stopped looking at the books and looked at Fred. He looked down at me and smiled. He pushed himself away from the wall with his leg and the ladder on wheels flew across the row of shelves. I laughed and watched as he slid down the ladder at the same time. I ran over to him once he hit the ground.

"You're very silly." I said like a young child. I laughed and hugged him.

"Well, it's all in my nature." He said, once we let go. "I'm a natural born prankster and jokester."

I laughed again. Remus came over to us , and he did not look happy.

"You two are supposed to be looking for books, not causing a scene." He said. "Ir- I mean, Rhea, can I have a word with you?" I nodded and followed Remus away from Fred. We went into an empty hallway, far enough away from the main room of the shoppe where no one could here us.

"You are not supposed to draw attention to yourself." Remus snapped at me.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I said.

"It better not. We don't need anyone questioning who you are. You're a lot like your father, especially your personality. People know that before he was sent to Azkaban, your father was a prankster with Harry Potter's father. We don't need anyone assuming anything."

"I'm really sorry. I'll make sure nothing like that happens again."

"Don't act like Fred. He will try to bring out the prankster in you, that we both know you have. We can't risk anyone, not even him finding out."

"Ok, I won't Remus." I said, walking off. I went back in the main room. Fred was talking to the man at the front desk. I walked up to him and listened.

"Yes, here's the money for the books." He said, handing a large handful of galleons to the cashier.

"Fred, you don't need to pay for my books." I said.

"Well, I feel bad for getting you in trouble so I'm buying your books."

The cashier handed me the books and said. "Have a nice day and a nice year at Hogwarts."

Remus hadn't come back yet, and I was worried were he was.

"Let's wait for my dad outside." I said. Fred nodded and followed me. I looked at the books Fred got for me. I felt bad that he paid for them, he didn't need to.

Just then, someone knocked the books from my hand. I looked up and saw a boy who I recognized as Draco Malfoy from my classes.

"Oh look, if it isn't Weaselby and Lupin. Are you buying Weaselby's books for him Lupin? I've heard the they are struggling with money."

"Malfoy, leave her alone. As a matter f fact I bought those books for Rhea." Fred said. I looked at him and whispered. "Let me handle this."

I took a step closer to Malfoy and stared at him coldly. He shot a smug look at me. I pushed him backwards and he tried to punch me. I ducked and both Fred and I drew our wands. Malfoy threw his hands up in surrender.

"Rhea! Fred! Put your wands on the ground this instant!" I heard Remus said. I sighed and dropped my wand. Fred dropped his too. Remus stormed over to us as Malfoy started laughing. I stormed over to him and punched him in the nose. He fell to the ground and immediately shot up. He looked at me and ran off. I picked up my books and looked at Remus.

He grabbed our wands and dragged us out of the shoppe. Once we were outside he gave us our wands back.

"What were you thinking?" He snapped at us.

"Malfoy was picking on Fred and I couldn't help it." I said.

"You can not cause a scene! How many times have I told you this?"

"I'm sorry! It's hard to not cause a scene when one of your only friends is getting picked on my someone younger than him! I wouldn't stand for it!"

"Look, Rhea, I'll go back to the Leaky Cauldron." Fred said, turning me to face him. "I've caused you enough trouble. Your dad probably doesn't want to see me."

"That's not necessary." I said. "You can stay."

"No, neither of you are staying. I'll get your things Rhea." Remus said.

"Re-, Dad! That's ridiculous! We don't need to go back to Leaky Cauldron. We are perfectly capable of staying and not causing a scene." I said.

"Obviously you can't. You caused two! We can't have that. Go back, both of you."

"Dad!" I said, trying not to expose myself.

"Now!" Remus said, pointing in the direction of the Leaky Cauldron.

I stuck my nose out and stormed off. I walked towards the Leaky Cauldron with Fred. He stopped me before we went inside.

"I'm really sorry Rhea." He said.

"It's not your fault. I'm not supposed to cause a scene." I said.

"Yeah, what is that about?"

I was about to say why, but I remembered that I can't tell anyone.

"Look, I wish I could tell you, but I can't. It's something I can't tell anyone, even the people I trust the most." I said.

"You can tell me anything." Fred said, taking a step closer to me. I looked down at my feet.

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm ready to share this yet." I said. He nodded and stepped back. I awkwardly grinned and headed for the door. We walked in and saw Hermione and Ron sitting at the table.

"Well, why are you two back so soon?" Hermione asked.

"Dad sent us back." I said, setting my books down. "Apparently we were causing a scene."

"What did you do?" Ron asked.

"Well, we were in Flourish and Blotts and Malfoy showed up. He knocked my books down and started picking on Fred. I pushed him, he tried to punch me, I ducked and we both drew our wands. Dad came and made us drop our wands, and when Malfoy started laughing at us, I punched him in the nose." I said.

Ron started laughing. "Why are you laughing?" Hermione said.

"Malfoy was punched in the nose by Rhea." Ron said. "That's bloody brilliant."

"Look, I don't want to talk about it right now so I'm going to head up to my room." I said, grabbing my books.

"Here, let me take those." Fred said, taking the books from my hands.

"Thanks Fred." I said. I walked up the stairs with Fred behind me.

I stopped at my door and turned around. I took my books and said. "I'm going to go to sleep. When my dad comes back tell him I'm in my room."

"Ok." Fred said. "About earlier, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm over it."

"And, about that thing you couldn't tell me, I know we just met yesterday, but you can tell me."

"I can't. Do you know how much trouble I'd get in too?" I whispered.

"If you had to tell anyone in the entire world, who would it be?" Fred asked. I didn't even need to think, since I knew who I'd tell.

"You." I said, looking at the stack of books in my hands.

"Then why don't you tell me?"

"I feel like you're trying to pressure me in to telling you."

"I'm honestly not trying too, but now I feel like I am."

"It's alright. Look, I'll tell you but you can never, ever tell anyone." I said, now slightly scared. I didn't know what he was going to say, but I needed to tell someone.

"Come in my room." I said, tucking my books under my arm and taking Fred's hand. I opened the door and dragged Fred in. He closed the door behind him. I threw my books on my bed and turned to face Fred.

"Alright, this is a little hard because I don't want you to react poorly." I said, taking Fred's other hand.

"I won't react poorly, I swear." He said, letting go of my hand and raising his right. I laughed and smiled. I slowly became serious and looked Fred deep in the eyes.

"Alright, here it goes." I said. "Remus Lupin isn't my real father."

Fred looked at me blankly. I walked over to my bed, plopped down, and let my head sink into my hands. I heard Fred walk over and sit down. I felt him look at me.

"So, if you aren't Remus's daughter, who's daughter are you?" He asked as I looked up.

"You aren't going to believe this, and I know you won't like me after I tell you." I said.

"Who says I won't?" He said.

"Because, my father is the one who everyone says is the murderer of thirteen people. My father is Sirius Black. My real name is Iris Black, and it's not true, all the things they say about my father."

Fred was speechless. He stood up and looked at me.

"How, can you be the daughter of a murderer?" He asked.

"My dad is not a murderer. He was framed." I said, standing up. Fred took a step away from me.

"I knew I shouldn't have told you." I said. "I can't believe I'm that idiotic." I slammed my hands against the wall to Remus's room. I heard Fred walk over to me.

"It's alright. I know you're nothing like your father."

"You don't get it!" I said, facing him. I looked deep into his eyes again. I saw all the things he was thinking. In all this mess this weekend, I forgot I could read minds.

"You're actually mad at me for being Sirius Black's daughter. You wanted to talk to Rhea Lupin. She meant everything to you. You wanted to protect the weak, little, Rhea Lupin. Well she's gone now, to you anyway." I said, turning my back to him.

"H-How did you know that?" Fred asked.

"I can read minds." I said, crossing my arms.

"Wow, that's amazing. Look, I'm really sorry. I do like you. I guess you're right. I-I feel awful."

"It's not like you have a secret identity, and even if you did, I'd still except you for you." I said, uncrossing my arms.

"I swear I won't tell a single soul." Fred said.

"You better not, especially Remus. I also don't care if you call me Iris, just only when we're alone, and don't say I'm Sirius Black's daughter. Please, I'm begging you to not tell anyone."

"I won't." Fred said.

"Don't say I can read minds either." I said. "Just personal preference."

"I won't."

"Now, get out of my room." I said. He smiled, and I hoped that was a good sign that we were still friends. He turned and walked out, then closed the door behind him. I felt like the biggest idiot in the world. I plopped back down on my bed and fell straight asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 8.4K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...
3.6K 147 13
I suck at these! I apologise in advance! Based off the movies! Not the books! Y/N Black is a fourth year at Hogwarts, and let's just say...things get...
113K 4.6K 87
Y/n is the daughter of Sirius and Monica Black. Sirius was sent to Azkaban for being accused for murder and your mother Monica Black who disappeared...