Racing Hearts

By Sarupreethi

Ranked #125(Romance) as on 14/6/2016 Laugh with me Cry with me Fight with me Walk with me But ne... More

Prologue
Champion!!
My life !! My Passion!!
First meet ;-)
Gotta job!!
Meeting again!!
Only Annoyance ;(
Crazy Fights..!!
Where did you go..??
First Ride》》》
Friends???
Misconceptions :(
What's bothering u??
We're not meant to be :/
Damn you,Neha!
Guilty :/
A shoulder to lean on :)
The Surprise :0 :D :)
Say yes!!
Hurtful love :/
You love me ,I know that ;) :p
Unexpected happenings !!
Too much of family dramas ....
On the wheels!! A kiss in the air :^)
My heart belongs to a rider :)
A day to remember ○°♡♡
The Aftermath
Love or Race??
Remorse and Regrets :/
Chasing dreams 》》》♡
Wished for y♡u , and here y♡u are !!
Wedding bells ☆!!
Off to the city of £○♡€ !!
Each day I ♡ U More!!
Tears of joy & Tears of pain..
In the ~waves~ of change...
Epilogue
AN
Surprise...

With love ,we parted miles apart ..!!

5.7K 296 52
By Sarupreethi

Arjun's pov:

After all I was totally wretched up in this forlorn state for the last few days. I have been anguishing over whatever Neha asked the other day. I couldn't bear that those words were uttered by the love of my life, whom I thought would stand by me in everything.

Yes !! I am much desperate now . I want her to support me ,but what the hell, Love or Race ?, she is asking me to choose between the two. "Shhhhhhh ...My God.", I screamed out louder , face palming myself.Being disturbed from all these thoughts , there is no tranquility.

After spitting out everything ,she was assuring me that she was playing a prank . And a few minutes back , here my dad was insisting on the matters that she let out. So whatever she said was spoken from her heart and it was not a prank .Everything is planned . I just couldn't take it.

Temporized from the happenings , I couldn't wind up to any kind of conclusion. Meanwhile I got a call from her .Though we tried to speak our hearts out, words didn't help us this time . Silence, was the only thing exchanged between us. I could feel her blues through her meloncholic tone. As I was already feeling down, without talking much , I asked her to sleep and hanged the call.

The next day went in a jiff. I didn't dare to meet her. I wanted some time to digest whatever happened.

Unable to sleep , I rolled over and over again. My eyes felt heavy and dozy , but I couldn't sleep due the morose . If this continues , my temper would reach its peak . So I decided to go for a long ride ,as all I needed was to free my mind from this sullen feeling. This long ride would take me out of everything.

Without thinking much ,I grabbed my bike keys and scarmed out of the house . Soon I was fleeing on my ducati ,a lonely ride , inhaling the lines of fresh cool air . Wheezing the fresh smell of the wind in midnight ,as the breezy air kisses me and caresses my hair, I was into nostalgia . I felt refreshed and free from all the worries.

In the dark night with parallely arranaged street lights making the side walk glow in dark ,the roads seemed to invite me with a lit up face ,I rode through them. Indecisive of where to stop , it become quite a long ride all through the night.

The sun had started to peek a boo from the clouds , spreading the golden rays around its vicinity. Only then I realised that I have been riding for a very long time . Weariness swept in me all of a sudden and I decided to stop for a tea or coffee that's how I ended up in front of a highway tea stall.

Parking my bike near a tree , I strode towards the woden benches put in front of the tea stall. Asking for a cup of tea , I got seated on one of those wooden benches , I streched my hands and legs a little , letting out a deep yawn in tiredness.

The people seated near me were conversing in kannada , only then a hoarding kept nearby the stall came into my view. I came to know that I was somewhere near the outskirts of banglore.

"I've come a very long distance ", I sighed at the moment when I realised that it was such a long ride.

While I was gulping the tea ,my phone beeped bringing me back to the world where I belong.

Shhh I totally forgot this device....

It was displaying Dad in the name card . Fathomed in deep thoughts ,I swiped the answer button.

"Arjun, Where are you da ?", he asked which made me go sweaty, How could I tell him that am somewhere here in a unknown village at Banglore ??.

"At a friend's place dad",I lied.

"Ohh right then ,I just got a call from the MD of silica groups . Their team is coming over tomorrow itseems , Arrange for a meeting at your office da . See you tomorrow ",he informed.

Assuring a firm okay ,I immediately cut the call.

After paying for the Chai ,I seized a water bottle in my hands from a nearby man . Unbottling the can , I poured out water in my hands and splashed  it over my face . After the small so called refreshment , I started my ride back to Chennai.

_______________________________________

I had to make it up a little early to office the next day. It was a real head ache checking on to those documents and doing all the necessary changes on it for the sake of the meeting which will probably start in a while.

When the clocked striked half past nine , she entered into her cubicle , looking sizzilingly beautiful in those white palazzo skirt and blue tunics outlined with a white shrug. A cheerful smile walked into my lips as I saw this beautiful lady of mine after two whole days. That's when , I regretted my mistake of avoiding her for these two days .

My bad temper is what I could'nt change at all, I was seriously thinking about my furious behaviour, while watching my love from distance. She didn't even notice my presence .She was lost in her own world .

Only after a few minutes , she turned her gaze towards my room. Atlast she saw that I was there. All I could see was her eyelashes fluttering in excitement.

Conversing with a client over the phone , I could see her dark orbs moving towards my direction now and then . A cheeky grin masked my face , seeing her cute innocent actions.

After nearly thirty minutes of restlesness in her seat, finally she found her way to my cabin.

There she was , standing before me with a ready to kill me anytime look.

I gestured her to sit.

As I was having my rich aromatic cup of coffee which she loves to have , I moved the coffee cup to her side , to ease out everything and lighten our moods .

As she tasted the coffee from my cup , I watched her silently forgetting everything that happened over the few days. But like a circle ,again our talk ended at the same old topic. And it all started again from the begining . So I had to let out my decision of quiting the championship .

I don't even remember what happened after that , I become much furious , so many unexpected things slipped out of my tounge furiously. When I realised that everything is moving out of track , I urged to put an end to my bad temper. But it was too late , she burst into tears and left my cabin taking longer strides .

Shhhhhh.....I wanted to end this damn fight ,but now I am all screwed up and everything is back to square one.

"Okieeee !! Alright ! Cool down Arjun , Go talk to her " ,that was a positive spark from my mind.

While I was about to run towards her, I heard the beep sound of the intercom.

In a urge I picked it up , it was Dad . As the clients have arrived, he asked me to join him in the conference room .

"Now it's time to hasten for the meeting , Okay I'll talk to her after that ",I pacified myself and walked towards the conference hall .

All of us got settled down in our respective seats . My eyes automatically travelled towards the mighty lady, my love ,seated two seats next to mine . She was keenly observing the presenter's speach without talking off her eyes.

A tall framed man in his forties  suddenly stood up and announced that they have a small request to the Ace groups .

He paused for a minute and stated , "Not exactly request ,but we are in need of your support ".

As we all looked at him puzzled ,he uttered ," Actually ..We are in need of your help right away. The thing is we need some one to look after our partnership firm in Mumbai for the next three months.
Also it would be a pleasure if that some one is Neha ,since we're pretty impressed by the way she has been handling this project till now.
One more thing ,We are requesting this out of a emergency situation and we have just a week's time left to sort out everything."

What's that, what did he just say ,
Before I could chew up what he said , She got up from her seat and promised ,"It will be our company's  pleasure to help you in this situation sir, I will start to Mumbai."

I was sitting there with a what's happening around me kind of look.

Neha's pov:

As a sign of sustaining the decorum, nobody raised any views or stopped me from rendering those assuring words.

Only after the clients proceeded to take a leave , Krishna uncle stopped me, "Neha ,What's all this ??, you have your engagement in a week's time and you have agreed to leave for Mumbai ",his brows furrowed in a line between his wrinkles.

Apologizng for my self decision, "I am sorry that I agreed to them without discussing with you ,but we have invested a huge amount in this Mumbai firm . As I am already cognizant about all the happenings in the project , It would be fine with me uncle , Moreover we have nearly five months left for our wedding , So delaying our engagement wouldn't be a problem uncle ", I reassured him for my impetuous decision.

Like a blessing , at the right time I have been showered with this chance to help Arjun ,I'm not leaving it at any cost.

Somehow I was able to convince his dad and eventually he agreed to persuade a talk with my grandpa regarding the change in our engagement ,also he proffered to make the necessary arrangements for my boarding and stay at Mumbai.

After all the heated arguments and satisfying decisions ,I finally heaved a sigh of relief and stomped out of the room.

"Neha stop !! You  are not going anywhere...",I heard Arjun's sharp voice holding me back from taking the next stride.

"You don't have to do this for me", he grabbed my hand from the back,  pulling me forward , I had to twirl around amazed at the sight of his sparkling eyes gazing me."

"Just for my sake Arjun!! ", I screeched and tried to pull away from his hold.

"I did'nt ask your views . You are not going anywhere.  That's it !! ",he muttered still holding my hand in his fist .

"Listen Arjun !! If you really care to fulfill my wishes , then go win the race and come back to me ,that would be the best gift for me",I uttered softly.

"Okay I shall go ,but not at the cost of sending you to Mumbai for three whole months ,we shall find some other way" ,he was not ready to send me off to achieve his goal. I could see his face embedded in distress.

"Nothing is gonna stop me from leaving to Mumbai. I personally have a bonding with that project and I wish to take care of it myself. So not only for you, there is a little selfishness in my decision , Arjun.  If racing is your career ,this is mine .I have to prove myself at this stand point. That's why I agreed to go. Hope you'll understand Arjun", I told him what I purely felt.

Seeing my obstinate determination he agreed to let me go ," Hmmmm, when you are stubborn,what else would I tell you ?? Go for it darling !!",he uttered with a euphoric smile.

His gleefully lit up face was all I wanted see and a darling in his voice enlightened me ," after three whole days I am hearing it from you", I gasped pinching the tip of his nose.

"Ouchhh...",he winced in pain .

When he paced forward to hold be back from running away, I pushed him away and ran towards my desk .

Stuffing my things in my tote , I snapped back to him who was standing right there ,"Bye Arjun , I'm leaving , have to start my packing", I said with a naughty grin and strolled towards the exit.

"Wait I'm coming ,let me drop you... ",he squealed.

"You better stay here and finish the works ,See you later", I bawled . He gave a slight nod and waved me goodbye.
_____________________________________

Next morning , I woke up to the disarrayed chaotic state of my home .My house has been littered everywhere in the name of packing.

Finishing of my morning duties ,I was standing before my clumsy bed frame. As I stood there pensive on what to proceed with ,the doorbell dinned in a irritating way.

Swaying the door aside ,I let Arjun strode inside. He handed over the flight ticket to me.

Seeing the ransacked condition of my home he chortled heavily saying, "What's this pretty princess ?, Are you aware of you are doing", He winked at me.

"Pretty princess ?? ,Me.. ?? ,In this messy bun and dirty pyjamas, "I frowned at him showing of a piggy pout.

"I swear , I mean what I said..
You look beautiful than a princess ", he assured which made me blush.

Sheepishly , I buried my face in the crook of Arjun's arm. His long fingers were now holding my chin .
Locking a strand of hair behind my ears , he bent forward to kiss my forehead.

Asking him to settle down on the couch, I went to make coffee for him. When I came back , I could'nt stop chuckling as I saw him cleaning the mess I've done.

"Arjun ,what are you doing??", I yelled.

"Can't you see my dear, I'm cleaning up the mess , also I'm going to do your packing.
And my highness !! You will sit and watch", he bowed his head like a king.

His playfulness made me giggle ," Arjun stop it ,packing is absolutely a girls job and I can manage ",I said stubbornly.

"Hahaaa ,Sit quietly and watch me darling" ,he snapped back.

I quietly sat back watching my love doing my packing . He was too amazing .Only a few minutes, all my packing have been done and my house was back to the neat and tidy state.

I watched him amused with my gone wide eyes.

"Stop drooling over me and check everything has been packed right  ",he said with a cheeky grin.

"You are the best Arjun!! ", I said giving a soft peck on his cheeks.

As tears were already making its way down my cheeks , "Sorry Arjun for that day", I apologised.

"It's okay darling ",he assured ruffling my hair affectionately , "Even I shouldn't have spoken like that yesterday , I'm sorry too",he muttered those soothing words.

While I urged to speak he shut my lips with his fingers and assured, "Leave that darling".

That didn't stop me from assuring a vow , "I promise Arjun , I will always be a support to you in following your dreams .
Whatever happens ,I'll be your strength ", I promised him will all my heart .

"Love you", he uttered kissing my fingers .

"Darling ??", he whispered.

"Hmmm", I hummed.

" Should you really wanna go ?," he asked pouting his face .

"Yes Arjun !! , I really wish to go ..
Please Arjun , Don't talk about this again..
And you are going to Austria right , then what's the problem that I'm leaving to Mumbai?? ", I muttered with a sigh.

"I'm leaving just for a week but you're going for months ",he frowned.

"Time will fly Arjun ",I uttered.

"Hmmm",he wheezed and then muttered ," Okay then ,I'll come along with you to Mumbai . After assuring that you are safe , I'll come back and leave to Austria. Agree??",he asked me ,which mused me.

"Arjun ...I'm not a kid ,I can go on my own .If you pamper me like this, then how will I explore my capabilities??", I  quizzed him furrowing my brows.

"You better concentrate on your race ,Clear Mr.Arjun ?? ", I smirked at him shooting glares with my hands on hips .

Seeing my audacity he raised his brows quizzically and queried," Neha , from where did this courage come from ,Is that really you?".

"Hahaa ",I chuckled and effused ,"I am soon to be Mrs.Arjun, atleast I should have little of your might and  stubbornness right?", I simpered.

"Well , Stated right Mrs.Arjun!! ", he winked at me moving his shimmering eyes.

_______________________________________

It was time for me to depart. With no desire to let me go ,he was holding my hands. He was keen on giving me series of instructions one after the other, till we heard the pre boarding announcement of my flight.

Atlast it was time for me to leave. The very thought of leaving Arjun made me shiver , I gulped of the lump down my throat .
Hiding the tears that was about to fall anytime , I opened my arms widely ,stomped  forward giving   him a tight hug, burying  my head on his chest.
He embraced me stroking the back of my head running his fingers through it .

To lighten our moods and not to make the moment too emotional I kissed him and uttered ,"Rock the race my champion !!"

He gave a assuring peck on my forehead and wiped away my tears.

Exchanging our good byes with happy as well sad tears ,I walked forward to board the flight , turning back now and then to see my love standing there with a heavy heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.4K 51
Trueloves & Friendships🍃 MY BEST PARTNER When Jahnvi Mittal was struggling with her career and life to become something on her own. To achieve her d...
307K 21.4K 83
Abhisekh Rao, a gynecologist, he worked constantly with women yet never found the one who made his heart flutter and run a marathon the way his two b...
51.7K 1.6K 38
In the enchanting backdrop of India's rich cultural tapestry, where tradition and heritage intermingle with the modern world, unfolds captivating ro...
1.1M 24.4K 29
{Previous title: Unexpected CRASH Of My Life} 'A Dark Tale As Old as Romance' BEAUTY and The BEAST [Dark Romance 18+] "You are an ANIMAL", These wor...