The Goddess Test ◊ L.H.

By 5sosoup

Every girl who has taken the test has died. Now it's Quinn's turn ◊ Luke Hemmings A.U. ◊ More

The Goddess Test ◊
alpha
beta
gamma
delta
epsilon
stigma
zeta
eta
theta
iota
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
kappa
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
lambda
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-six
omega || epilogue
SURPRISE SURPRISE
SEQUELLLLLL

thirty-five

672 29 4
By 5sosoup

Quinn Jackson ◊  

"Ready to play a little game?" Kronos asked, and everyone was silently struggling against the wall. I cried out as Kronos approached Luke, who was still sitting on his throne.

"Oh Luke," He called, circling the chair and I quickly ran over to Luke only to have Kronos push me back onto the ground. I hit the floor hard, my head colliding and I groaned but quickly sat back up.

Lyla was standing off in the corner, and I glared at her as she remained silent.

"Luke, you always were my favorite. I am sorry to do this to you, but the others just weren't in the same position as you are." Kronos said, chuckling darkly and Luke watched him as he stood near me once more.

"You, Kronos, are nothing but a coward. You are not worthy of this position or anything else you think you deserve." Luke spoke, his voice barely a whisper and Kronos laughed as he shook his head.

Not a sane laugh either, a laugh where the man has gone completely insane and has no limits anymore. It was terrifying.

"Kronos, why are you doing this anyways?" Luke muttered, and Kronos glared as he shook his head once more.

"Oh, this is the part where you want the monologue." Kronos said, and I rolled my eyes as I stood once again. I walked over to Luke and knelt beside him, and Kronos glared but did not do anything.

"Get your time in Quinn, because soon you will be my wife. Soon, Luke will cease to exist. Soon, I will take my rightful place as ruler." He growled, and I clenched my fists but Luke glanced at me. I hugged him tightly, whimpering as he could barely hold on.

"I love you," I whispered and he smiled as he gently pressed his lips against my cheek. He pulled back slightly as he looked into my eyes, giving me a knowing look and I frowned as confusion crept through.

"I love you too. Michael finished your dagger, it's beneath the arm rest." He whispered back, his voice barely audible and I tried to keep myself contained as I secretly felt along before feeling the cold metal hit my palm.

I stayed so that it looked as if Luke and I were whispering to each other still, before sliding the dagger up the arm rest and into the sleeve of my shirt, before hugging Luke to secure it in place one last time before Kronos violently pulled me back.

I bit my lip as the dagger hit me gently, the knife cutting my skin but I kept quiet. I kept my arm away from Kronos, keeping his eyes focused on me only.

"Kronos, please. I do not know how much longer I have with Luke and I want to cherish it. And then you will be my husband, my King." I whispered to him, and a smug smile came on his face as he nodded slightly.

"Ten minutes Quinn, that is all you have left. Say your goodbyes." He muttered, taking Lyla by her arm and she glared at me before she was out of the room, and Kronos was shutting the door behind him.

The rest of the council all stared up at me, and I looked around as I tried to figure out what to do.

"I don't know what to do you guys, I'm only mortal. I can't go against a titan, I'm going to fail you all. I am so sorry." I whispered, and Luke shook his head as he motioned for me to come closer to him.

"No, Quinn. Everyone has faith in you. They all love you and I love you. I believe in you."

"Luke, how though? He would see it coming and he has power that I don't have." I mumbled, and he looked at me, his eyes heavy and I knew he didn't have long.

"Everyone has a power Quinn, you just have to discover yours." He said, and I glanced around at all the faces I had come to love and appreciate, tears forming in my eyes at the realization that this could be the last time ever seeing them.

Mira was giving me a soft smile from her spot, her eyes speaking words her mouth couldn't. There were tears in her eyes as she glanced at Ashton, and it nearly broke my heart. Michael was giving me a look of encouragement as well, and he blinked slowly as if to affirm me.

"I love you guys." I said, before my gaze fell upon Luke. Oh Luke, how I love him so. He looked so weak, it hurt that I couldn't do much to help him currently.

"I love you. Thank you for being a positive impact in my life."

"I will see you soon my Queen." He murmured, his hand coming to cup my cheek and I took a shaky breath as I trapped his hand beneath mine before Kronos was throwing open the door once more.

"Times up." He mumbled, and I glared at him as there was no way it was ten minutes but silently obeyed him and stepped away from Luke. He had the same smug grin on his face as he pulled me closer to him, and Luke glared at him as he put his arm around me.

"You could at least get more of an original shape Kronos." Luke muttered, and I hid my smile as Kronos tightened his grip on my shoulder but shifted into another form.

His eyes glowed gold, his hair a dark brown now with a beautiful face. He had a dark orange cloak around his body, a pin with his symbol on his left chest and I rolled my eyes as his body underneath the cloak was exposed.

"Better?" He asked, and Luke rolled his eyes as well and he gave me a small smile but Kronos quickly stood in the middle of us, blocking Luke from my vision.

I looked up, a moment of opportunity now as Kronos faced Luke. I let the dagger fall from it's place in my sleeve and caught it in my hand, making sure to keep it hidden from Lyla's view.

"So Luke, tell me. Why did you not stop them then? You were hated, as was I. We could have been allies." Kronos said, and Luke spit at his feet as he shook his head.

"Because you are dishonorable. You tried to kill all of us because you were a power hungry monster." He muttered, and Kronos raised a hand to hit him and I shut my eyes, but heard the sound and it made me sick.

I quickly walked behind him, plunging the blade into his back where the back of his neck and spine connect, and he groaned out before I was quickly stepping back. Everyone fell from the wall, but Kronos quickly turned his glare on me.

"Ungrateful." He growled, twisting to remove the dagger that was now in his hand. The end was stained gold with his blood, and he came towards me while the others were still recovering. He slashed, grazing my shoulder and I cried out before kicking his leg and watching him fall to the ground.

I stepped on his hand, and then kicked the blade away, and kicking his wound, watching as he groaned and laid on the ground.

I felt triumphant before I felt someone hit me as well, and turned to see Lyla. She was glaring at me, the two of us facing each other as she clenched her firsts, "Well? Come on then Quinn, show me -"

I didn't let her finish as I wound my fist back and punched her in the jaw, her face surprised as I pulled my fist back and shook it. The pain hurt slightly, but not as much as the satisfaction I had seeing her pissed off.

"You bitch." She snarled, lunging at me and I dodged and turned quickly, grabbing her arm and twisting it behind her.

"I had lessons remember, I'm not a useless child anymore." I growled, and she whimpered before I was throwing her down as well, and I looked up to see Arnold was by Kronos.

It felt as if time slowed down before Kronos had overpowered Arnold, and now had the blade once more in his hands and was going towards Luke.

I screamed out, but nobody seemed to be fast enough and we all watched as the blade sunk into Luke's chest, directly where his heart was, and I fell to my knees as I watched his eyes widen before he was looking at me.

"Quinn," He breathed out, reaching out and I rushed forward to catch him as the rest of the council took care of Lyla and Kronos.

"No, no," I whimpered, brushing his hair out of his face as he gave me a weak smile, his hand coming up to my heart and I held back a sob as he traced a heart over top of it, "Not like this Luke, you can't die."

"I love you so much Quinn Jackson. You are my entire world, and there is no other person I could see myself with these past months." He whispered, his lips coming to mine and I cried as he pulled away.

"Don't talk like that. We still have eternity Luke, we still have forever. You're going to grow annoyed at me but it's okay because you love me and I love you," I whispered, my voice cracking as tears streamed freely down my face.

"It's okay because we have so much to do and so many things to experience. So you can't die, not now. You still have to teach me how to play piano and how to paint and teach me so many things."

"I need you Luke, I can't let you go." I whimpered, my hand cupping his cheek as he gasped slightly, blood flowing from the wound and I held my hand down tightly, wincing as he cried out in pain.

"You and me, Luke, we have forever baby." I cried, and he gave another smile before he looked up at the ceiling.

"I love you Quinn, you are my happiness. Thank you for loving me." He whispered, before he was becoming hard to hold and I cried as Luke was no longer there. He was gone, and I sobbed freely as I pulled my knees up to my chest.

My entire body ached, and I felt so horrible. Luke was gone, and it was my fault.

"Mira, get her out of here. She doesn't need to see this." Arnold commanded, and Mira nodded as she helped me up, the last thing I saw was the council standing around Kronos with weapons in their hands but I couldn't focus. I was crying too hard, and not the romantic kind of cry.

I was ugly sobbing, where it seemed every emotion I have had in the past two weeks had caught up with me, and the fact that Luke was now gone.

"Hey, I know. Let it out." She whispered, hugging me tightly and I cried into her arms as I couldn't even form thoughts. Luke was gone, gone forever. I heard screaming from inside of the library, and I winced as it was Kronos' voice.

"Why? Why did Luke have to die? He was so close but now he's gone." I whimpered, and she nodded as tears formed in her own eyes, but she closed them. My body felt as if it were on fire, every bone in my body hurting.

The council emerged from the library - some covered in gold blood, others a look of exhaustion on their face, and others holding Lyla and I wanted to punch her again as she had tears streaming down her own face.

Arnold emerged, him being the one covered in the most blood and I immediately stood and went over to him.

"Please Arnold, I would do anything for him to be back." I sobbed, and Arnold gave me a sad look as he shook his head, wiping his hands off on his shirt as he licked his lips before answering.

"I am sorry Quinn, but Death has taken his soul. Death cannot leave without anything,"

"Then take me. Have Death take me instead. Don't let Luke fade. I am just another mortal while Luke is the King of the Underworld." I whispered. Arnold was surprised at my words, I was too.

"Quinn," Mira said, a hurt look on her face as she shook her head, but I nodded at Arnold.

"I would. I would trade my soul instantly for Luke, especially if it meant that he could live and be healthy and be immortal. Please, Arnold. I know you favor him anyways." I whispered, and Arnold swallowed as he nodded.

"Okay. Quinn Jackson, are you sure you want to give up your life for Luke to return and take his place as King of the Underworld? Your life would end and you would take Luke's place. Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for Luke?" He asked, a frown etched onto his face.

"Yes,"

authors note -

OH SHIT

you guys are the best - please vote, let me know how you like it, follow me & check out my other stories!!

much love ; becca

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 1.8K 70
Title explains it all....
134K 6.4K 59
DaymMalumAF has added you as a friend! DaymMalumAF How do you feel about 5sos? Me I don't listen to them? DaymMalumAF So do you ship Malum? --- Cov...
16K 803 22
It's as if they were never meant to like each other. But who knows? They're both just falling into the fate that someone created for them. ~250...
645 64 16
𝘚𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘔𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘓𝘶𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘦 �...