the list { jace norman }

By natalienbaker

[completed] "๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐›๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž ... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
Chapter 37: I know
Chapter 38: On its way
Chapter 39: Maisy Rose Normanใ€€ใ€€ใ€€
Chapter 41: Tonight
Chapter 42: Another Restless Night
Chapter 43: Jealousy
Chapter 44: Cody
Chapter 45: Breaking and Entering
Chapter 46: Squirm
Chapter 47: The Ending
Epiloge
Bad News...

Chapter 40: Sleepless Nights

1.2K 36 4
By natalienbaker

Loud cries filled our room. Rubbing my eyes, I got up and walked over to the crib. Silently picking her up, I walked out of the room, Into the kitchen and rocked her. But her cries only grew

"Shhh it's okay" I whispered. Not that I'd help anyway.

It's been four days since Maisy was born. Jace took off a week of work so that he could help out until I got the gist of things.

Leaning against the counter, I continued to rock her. I felt dead. The total of hours of sleep that I've gotten In the past four days was probably a little over two hours.

"Em" I watched through the microwave lighted kitchen as Jace tiredly walked in. "Go back to bed, I'll take her"

She still hadn't stopped crying.

"No it's okay I'm fine"

"You need more sleep"

"I'm fine"

He sighed "It's only 4? She just woke up like an hour ago"

"Not even" I looked down at her "I know"

He put his hands out to hold her. Sighing, I complied and handed the crying baby to him. I knew what he was doing. This was his way of getting me back to bed.

He held her for a matter of five seconds before she stopped crying.

"I don't understand" I put my hands over my face and rubbed my eyes.

He shrugged and looked down at her, brushing his thumb across her small cheek.

"She must like you better" I tiredly grinned and leaned myself against the counter.

"let's go back to bed" he whispered

I looked over at Maisy, her gentle brown eyes were lingering back to sleep.

"Alright"

Walking back into the room, Jace put her down in her crib that we had moved into our room, for now.

I didn't have any problems going to bed .

Waking up at 10, I looked over to find Jace, and Maisy gone.

Walking into the living room, the house was silent. I sat on the couch and texted Jace.

'Where are you?'

Turning on the tv, I wrapped myself in a blanket and focused my attention on my phone. I hadn't been on social media in months.

I clicked on Instagram, my notifications were through the roof, and I hadn't posted in almost three months.

I took a quick picture of the tv screen and my legs wrapped in the blanket and wrote the complex caption of

'I'm not dead lol'

Posting it, then scrolling through my feed for a while, I realized it had been ten minutes, but still no text from Jace. He normally responded right away.

Brushing it off, I put my phone down and went into the kitchen. I hadn't eaten since Maisy was born. But I always had my hands full, so I was barely ever hungry.

Grabbing a glass and filling it up with water, I took a drink, sat back down on the couch, and set my glass on the coffee table ahead of me.

Flipping through the channels for about two minutes, I heard the lock on our door turning from the outside.

Looking over at the door, I watched as Jace walked through, his hands full.

"Hey " he called out from the kitchen. Setting stuff down on the counter.

"Hi"

"I brought food"

"I don't need food"

"It's Starbucks food"

"Just kidding" I turned off the tv and walked over into the kitchen.

He chuckled and set Maisy's carrier on the counter. "I figured that'd work"

"Thank you" I hugged him

"No problem baby girl" he kissed the top of my head, then let me go.

I walked over to the carrier to see her

"Hi baby" I smiled and took her out.

Holding her, I went back in front of Jace

"I texted you"

"You did? sorry, my phones been in my pocket, taking a kid with you makes everything complicated" He sighed

"It's fine" I laughed

"You can't even imagine how many looks I got" he handed me my coffee.

"Oh please" I set it down "a hot guy with a baby. I'm sure girls were all over that"

"Well" he shrugged "None of them compare to you so"

I rolled my eyes and smiled "Whatever Norman"

I walked into the living room and laid down a blanket over the carpet, laying Maisy down on it and grabbing my stuff from the kitchen.

I picked up a bagel from the bag and my coffee from the table. Carrying it over to the floor next to Maisy.

Jace walked over and sat down next to us.

Looking at the tv, my bagel was soon gone.

"Thought you didn't need food" he laughed

"I haven't eaten in four days, leave me alone"

He smiled and looked down at Maisy as she wrapped her small hand around his thumb.

"I'm gonna go down to the gym. You cool watching her for a while?"  I got up and threw my stuff away.

"Why you going to the gym?"

"Because I can't weigh this much the rest of my life" I laughed and grabbed a water from the fridge.

"Yeah that's fine" he sighed

"I can stay if you need me to-"

"Emily, go."

"Alright alight"

Walking into the bedroom, I changed into shorts and a t shirt.

Slipping on mismatched socks, nikes, and putting my hair up, I walked out about five minutes later .

Making my way downstairs I stopped at the bottom of the stairs. Not really sure where I was going, I turned left down a long hallway. Good god this place was bigger than I thought.

I roamed the halls. It'd been at least ten minutes of constant walking around. And nobody was at the front desk.

I walked back down the hall again in case I had missed it. But I hadn't.

Leaning against the wall, sighing, I got on my phone, calling Jace.

It rang once before a guy walked past me. Hanging up, I quickly spoke to the man.

"Hey, do you know where the gym is"

He stopped to turn and look at me. His smile was framed by the scruff on his face. But had a young shape to it. A year younger than me maybe.

"Yeah I was actually heading there myself"

"Okay cool" I walked next to him "I've been looking for hours"

"You new here?"

"Yeah, sorta"

He nodded

"How long have you lived here?"

"Long time" he sighed

"You live with your parents then?"

"Oh god no" he laughed "I moved out at 18"

I screwed up my face "how old are you"

"Twenty four"

"You look so young" I laughed

"Yeah, I get that a lot" he laughed "I didn't catch your name?.."

"Oh, sorry it's um, It's Emily"

He nodded "Cody"

I pushed the power button on my phone, I felt constantly paranoid that Jace was gonna text me.

"You have a boyfriend?"

"What?" I looked up at him

He pointed at my screen, the picture of Jace and I "You have a boyfriend?"

"Oh" I shook my head "Yeah"

"How long have you guys been together?"

"Since we were fourteen." I looked down, fourteen years old.

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen, almost"

"Jeez"

"Yeah" I laughed "what about you?"

"Married" he raised his hand "not even a year but, it's an iffy relationship"

"Do you have kids?"

"Yeah I have two" he smiled and opened the gym doors "I never thought I liked kids but, my kids are my whole world"

"Yeah they seem to do that to you don't they" I laughed and set my stuff down.

"You have kids?"

"Just one, four days old actually"

He smiled "Well congratulations"

Working out for almost an hour, I pulled my sweaty hair back again and grabbed my stuff

"I'm leaving Cody" I yelled over the loud music "Thanks for the help"

He smiled and waved as he continued on the treadmill.

Walked up the stairwell I scrolled though my phone until I heard a scream.

Looking up I watched the middle aged girl run down the stairwell

"You're Emily Rose, you played Katie!"

I smiled "That's me"

"Can I get a picture with you?"

"Yeah sure"

I went with her quick selfie, looking like shit but not caring she left and I went on my way back home.

Walking through the door, I dropped my stuff and walked into the living room.

Jace and Maisy were fast asleep on the floor next to each other, his arms around her small body.

Smiling I sat down on my couch. I figured now would be a good time to catch up on sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59K 1.6K 58
Was passiert wenn ein Mรคdchen wie Emma Jace's Kopf verdreht? "J-Jace...?" "J-ja" sie sah verรคngstigt aus.. โ€ž........" - | Alle meine Bilder sind vo...
84K 3.2K 40
Airi {japan. 'Liebe'} als Neugeborenes gefunden,wird Airi im Wasserstamm des Sรผdens aufgenommen und wรคchst ein relativ normales Leben in einer Zeit...
5.4K 175 21
Du bist ein deutsches Mรคdchen und ziehst mit deiner besten Freundin nach Korea. Ihr habt euch als Kpopidols bei YG-Entertainment beworben und wartet...
9.4K 529 58
"Kannst du nicht fรผr einen kleinen Moment dein Riesen-Ego abschalten und mir einfach mal zuhรถren?" - "Kรถnnte ich schon, aber wo wรคre denn der SpaรŸ da...