It started With A Phone Call

By amysousa

Sky Evans is a sweet, smart, and very innocent eighteen-year-old, but she isn't popular. In fact, she's far f... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue
What Happens After the Phone Call
Once Upon A Tear
Apollo's Prophecy

Chapter Twenty-Two

55.8K 417 29
By amysousa

I forgot to upload this yesterday as I thought I would :( I'm actually writing this from the past (last night) because I just realized I didn't upload. I'll upload during the day so you can get your notifications at a normal hour. Let's now see how Dan's family is going to react >:) Pic of Evie.

~~~

Sky

"He's your what?" Maria screamed as she quickly stood up. Bill tried to calm her down, but it wasn't doing anything. "Mom! Let us explain before you jump to any conclusions," Dan tried, but Maria wasn't having any of it. "You little whore! You're only dating him for marks and his money," Maria was pointing at me. "What's next? Are you going to get pregnant so you can trap him or did you already do that?" she continued to scream. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing could come out. Dan's mother just accused me of something so wrong and it hurt. Tears started streaming down my face before Evie grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the room. The last thing I heard before she brought me up the stairs was, "You need to end things with her now, Daniel!"

Once the door to the washroom closed behind me I fell to the floor sobbing. How meeting his parents completely change from amazing to horrifying in the span of a few minutes? "Shh Sky, it's going to be ok. I believe that you love my brother. I can see it in your eyes that you love him," Evie said as she rubbed my back soothingly. I cried for a few more minutes before I started to calm down.

"Thanks Evie," I croaked, "but your mother obviously doesn't see it," I said sadly as I stood up to just sit on the toilet again. If I weren't feeling like crap I would probably be in awe from how beautiful the washroom was. "Of course she doesn't see it. My parents have never been in love with each other. They just get along with each other well and decided to get married. I don't think either of them has ever been in love," Evie explained. I looked up at her in bewilderment.

"Really?" Maria and Bill look so happy together. Now that I think of it... that was it. There's nothing special about the way that they look at each other. They just love each other in a way that you would love your parents or a sibling. Evie nodded and went into one of the drawers. She took out makeup remover wipes and helped me wash off the mascara that smudged underneath my eyes.

"Hopefully Danny explains things well to mother. She's really overprotective of him," Evie said across from me, while sitting on the bathtubs ledge. I cocked an eyebrow at her. "I take it you're daddy's little girl and Dan is a momma's boy?" I asked and laughed when Evie nodded proudly. "That's awesome. I'm an only child so it's always been pretty even for me. I'm guessing that you're the only one that calls him Danny?" Evie tied her hair up and confirmed. "I've been calling him that since we were kids. He usually calls me "Eves" or "Eve," but sometimes he just calls me Evie. I only get called Evelyn when I'm in trouble," she said while sniggering. She reminds me of Avery a lot.

Evie was doing a great job at distracting me for a while before I heard a door nearby slam. It was probably Maria.

"Do you think she convinced Dan to break up with me?" I asked cautiously. I really didn't want Dan to end things because of this. Evie shook her head and gave me encouraging smile. "The Danny I know grew up talking about marrying the girl he falls in love with. That's why he never really dated except for his one ex girlfriend, but that wasn't serious and it was in high school. Too many girls wanted him for his looks and money, but he was always set on finding that one girl. The fact that you're even with Danny must mean that he plans on keeping you around for as long as he can," Evie said completely seriously while holding my shoulders. When she mentioned marriage I felt butterflies flying around inside of my stomach. Will we ever get married? Will Dan find someone better than me and marry her? Hopefully not. I decided to change the subject until I was calmed down confront the situation.

"Is this the master bathroom?" I asked Evie. Judging by the size of it I guessed that it was. I was completely shocked, however, when Evie shook her head and led me out of it. "This is the ensuite to Dan's first bedroom, which is currently a guest bedroom since he doesn't live here anymore. "Dan had another bedroom here?" Evie brought me out into the hallway before stopping in front of a door with a "Keep Out" sign on it. "This was my first bedroom and Dan's last bedroom in this house before he moved out," Evie announced before opening the double doors. The walls were painted a light bluish grey colour and the bedspread was white on the king-sized bed. I gawked at everything. This room is bigger than my kitchen, dining room and living room all combined. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" Evie said. I could only manage to nod.

"Why would you guys move out of this place?" I asked her bemused. She laughed and brought me over to the walk out balcony. Evie pointed in the distance where long fields of grass started after their enormous backyard and swimming pool ended. "We're at the edge of Toronto. There's barely any noise or fun stuff to do around here. Sure, the drive isn't too long to get downtown, but Dan and I wanted to have our own places in the city so we could enjoy. Do you really think my parents would appreciate it if I got home really late or got a pet?"

"They wouldn't let you get a pet?" Evie shook her head. "Dad's allergic to animals. When I moved out I got a cat, but Dan never came around to getting a dog even though he was dying for one. Thanks for getting one for him by the way! He called me and gushed about little Jack all night and said that he's just like an 'evil genius,'" Evie said, which made me laugh. "That he is. You should really meet him soon. Better yet, you should come to my apartment soon and meet my best friend Avery. I'll make sure that Jack's there too," I said, which made Evie jump up and down in excitement. "I would love to! We can have a girl's night in and exchange funny stories about our boyfriends. Can I tell you a secret?" Evie asked me. I nodded before she told me that she has been dating a guy for the past two months, but was scared to tell her parents and Dan.

"You haven't even told your mom?" I asked her. She shook her head no. "My mom would end up accidentally telling my father. He wouldn't tell, but I'm daddy's little princess so he would probably interrogate Dylan out of the country," she exaggerated. I laughed and gave her a friendly hug. "I won't tell a soul," I promised and took my cellphone out of my purse. "Here, add your number in," I said after handing it to her. Evie agreed and texted herself from my phone. After she added mine the mood changed.

"I think it's time that we go see what happened," she said quietly. I swallowed and nodded my head. We made our way downstairs. Bill was sitting at his spot finishing up his plate. Dan and Maria were nowhere to be seen. "Daddy?" Bill looked up and sent Evie and I a smalls smile. "What happened?" she asked him before sitting down next to him. "Your mother is just being irrational again. Dan told us everything that happened and it makes perfect sense. You two are in love and are being really careful about the school situation," Bill said and looked up at me. "She wouldn't even listen to when Dan told us your math mark. She accused him of lying and stormed off," Bill said sadly.

Wait... he told them my math grade? "Oh my God... he told you my grade. I'm not that bad in all of my classes, I swear! Numbers just really confuse me," I explained quickly, which made Bill chuckle. "Don't worry, Sky, he also told us about how smart you are and how you work hard. I know you're with him for the same reasons that he's with you. I know that you have a job and didn't know about our wealth," he said before standing up and walking over to me.

"Maria is just a bit crazy over everything that Dan does. I'm surprised she didn't try to ship you away as soon as she shook your hand. It'll just take her a while to get use to everything," he said while enveloping me into a hug. "Thank you," I whispered gratefully before I heard a door opening. "Dan, I'm sorry! Please come back!" Maria shouted from what sounded like downstairs. "No, I'm tired of this Mom. You never want me to do anything and now you call the girl I love and myself liars. Just forget it," Dan yelled before another door to my left opened and he walked in.

"I'm glad someone understands us," he said as he sent a thankful look to Evie and Bill. "I'll talk to her when she cools down, Dan. Take Sky home so she can relax. She's had a tough morning and should probably enjoy the rest of her afternoon," he said before giving Dan a typical man hug.

"Do you want to come with?" I asked Evie. What better time for her to meet Ave then the present? Evie nodded her head before running upstairs to grab her purse. "Thanks for everything, Bill. I'm sorry about how everything turned out," I said embarrassed. "No problem kid. And don't apologize for something that isn't your fault. Just be careful with each other and treat my boy well. And Dan, treat this beautiful young lady right," he said with a wink before walking upstairs and almost being knocked down by Evie. "Let's get this show on the road!" Evie said enthusiastically before dragging Dan and I out of the beautiful house towards his Cadillac. Evie had left her car back at her own apartment so she rode in the backseat of Dan's car

~~~

"Finally!" Ave yelled from the other side of the apartment as soon as I opened the front door. I heard her opening the door and running out before a loud bang. "I'm ok, everything is perfectly fine," Ave said with he hands up as she emerged from the hallway with messy hair. "Did you just fall?" I asked while laughing. Ave stuck her tongue out before noticing Evie. "Are you two related?" she asked and pointed from Evie to Dan. "Yup," they both said in sync. "Oh, cool. I'm Avery and anything these two have said about me that doesn't sound normal is a lie," Ave said with wide eyes. Everyone laughed, including Avery, before we headed towards the sofa.

"Dan, can you go pick Jack up?" I asked him with the puppy dog eyes that always worked on him. "Those won't work anymore, Sky," he chuckled. I looked at him confused. "Jack uses those on me all of the time and he's much better at it seeing as he's a dog and all." I pouted and crossed my arms. "Please? I'll do my homework instead of playing with him," I bargained. Dan raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Sure that you can resist the cute puppy?" "Yes," I answered confidently. Dan chuckled and nodded his head. "Alright, I'll park in the park so he can do his business." "Yay!" Evie and Ave shrieked at the same time, which made me laugh loudly. I have a feeling these two will get along just fine.

While Dan was away all three of us decided to prank him. "Ok, Dan just texted me that he's almost here," I notified the girls who nodded. Evie was holding a water gun while Ave was holding two cups of flour. I had a video camera set up on a tripod that would capture the moment when Dan walked in. "Did you tell him to let Jack off the leash at the elevator?" Ave asked. I nodded. Since Dan got Jack we've been training him to recognize our scents and find his way home. All three of us had our heads poked out around the door when we heard the elevator open. We saw Jack run out towards us before we went to our positions. As soon as Jack ran in I grabbed him and took cover behind the sofa and soon after Dan walked in.

Evie and Ave, who were wearing rain ponchos, sprayed him and threw flour on him. "Oh my God!" he screamed as he tried to take cover from the other cup Ave had. I told Jack to stay before diving for the camera and chasing Dan around the living room with it. "No fair! Three on one is definitely not fair!" He whined before Ave threw the other cup of flour at him. "I think everyone but you agrees on that," I said. He glared playfully at me before calling Jack over. As soon as Jack saw him he yelped and ran straight into Evie's arms.

"Aww you're so adorable!" She squealed while holding him up high. Jack wagged his tail quickly and let out a happy bark as Dan scowled at him. "I officially look like a monster." I laughed at him. "Don't worry, Dan. I still love you," I said honestly, but sarcastically. "If you love me you need to give me a hug," he said with his arms outstretched. Without thinking I walked towards him, but when I realized that I would get all wet and floury it was too late.

"Ew let go of me!" I cried as Dan rubbed his face on mine. "No way, you brought this on yourself," he chucked as I jabbed his side with my finger, which made him tense up and flex his stomach. Both Evie and Ave fake gagged at us. I glared at everyone before calling Jack over to me. "He's just going to ignore you since you- hey! Why did he get scared of me?" Dan whined when Jack came running over to me and licked flour off of my face. It was a lot easier now that he was getting bigger. "Because he loves me," I said and stuck my tongue out. Dan pouted before sulking over towards my room. I laughed and ran behind him before shouting out to the girls to order pizza and find a good movie for us to watch.

~~~

"It was really nice meeting you both today. Let's hang out soon so we can talk bad about our boys," Evie said after hugging both Ave and I. "Hey!" Dan said before hugging me and giving me a long kiss. "Break it up you two, I need to get home to Mr. Whiskers," Evie complained. Dan gave me one more kiss before he waved to Ave and I before closing the door behind him. I was walking over to the couch to watch some television when Avery interrupted me.

"You promised Mr. Phillips that you would finish your math homework," she reminded me. I groaned at her. "Do you really have to call him that?" I asked her with my arms crossed. Ave laughed at my expression. "When it has to do with school, yes," she said before walking off towards her room. After another antagonizing hour of homework I was finally finished. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was already eleven o'clock. I got changed into my Pyjamas and lay down before my phone beeped. "Ah! Seriously?" I yelled. I took it from the charging station and looked at the bright screen that was burning my eyes.

~Trevor: Hey Babe, Tomorrow's the day that we're going to let everyone know about our relationship. I love you. Goodnight <3~

"What relationship? Just freaking great!" I yelled at my phone before plopping back down on my pillow. "Sky, what's wrong?" Avery said from the door with a worried expression on her face. "I motioned for her to come towards me. I passed her my phone and let her read the text over. "Crap, this is really bad. You need to set him straight tomorrow," she said while hugging me. "Can I strangle him?" I asked hopefully. Ave chuckled and shook her head.

"Usually I would say yes, but this is your last year of high school and I highly doubt you want to ruin your perfect permanent record," she said. I sighed in defeat. Not so perfect anymore, I thought to myself. "Fine, but it's not going to be easy when he's acting like a psychotic stalker," I said. "I'll have my phone on me so call me if anything happens," she said seriously. I nodded even though I was freaking out on the inside.

When Avery went back to sleep I wasn't tired anymore. I took my cellphone out and started playing games on it. By the time I started to get sleepy again it was three thirty. "It's going to be a long day," I muttered as I finally drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

829K 16.3K 52
Sky has been in love with Drew for as long as she can remember. Only problem is he's her older brother's best friend and sees her as a little kid. He...
9.9K 267 54
Eli is like everybody, a normal senior high school student who wanted to make her last year in high school memorable. She's dealing with some emotion...
12.3M 64K 10
Love comes in all shapes and forms, but Kelly Young had no idea it'd come in the form of her most hated teacher, Mr. Todd. •A Student x Teacher Roman...
278K 8K 34
*Completed* From the time they were young, Alice Owens and Sam Canter have been attached at the hip. As they grow up and mature, they develop feeling...