Love You Goodbye (h.s. au)

By kelseyrae21

After being in a long term relationship the past two years, and now newly single, Avriella is lost. She's use... More

AN
-
01
02
03
04
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Trailer
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

05

11.1K 344 41
By kelseyrae21

Never have I ever been rendered speechless.

And it isn't even in a good way.

I've gone completely mute after seeing Harry sitting right next to me and after he so annoyingly spoke to me. I couldn't say a damn thing as I stared at him, the shock and irritation coursing through me all at once. Great just great. The one class I looked forward to taking the most, the one place I thought I was going to get my serenity, was now corrupted simply by the presence of Harry. Wasn't he two years older than me? Why the hell was he in this class? Art, of all places?

I finally am torn out of my momentary shock when he scoots his chair closer to me, the legs of the chair dragging loudly. I grit my teeth, my face flaring with embarrassment when the students in front of us keep looking back at us with clear annoyance. "What the hell are you doing here?" I hiss out in a whisper, my gaze darting to the front when I hear the door open. An older woman maybe in her early sixties with light blonde hair that was pinned up walked in. She's carrying a large bag, glasses sliding down her nose and when I see the canvas she holds in another hand I just know she's the professor.

"I'm taking this class." Harry responds, giving me a 'duh' look. His gaze moves to the front and his eyes slide over the board, seeming to read what the teacher had written. He glances at the calligraphic ball pen sitting on the small holder of my easel before snatching it up and putting it in his.

"Hey!" I reach over him, trying to grab it again when he holds his arm out to stop me. He splays his hand out against my forehead and pushes me back with very little effort and I almost fall off my stool but catch myself in time.

"Stealing is rude, go get your own." He says and I scoff, standing from my chair and purposely knock into his shoulder harshly as I pass. He slips off his own stool and I smile to myself, walking back to the desk that held all the different options. I quickly grab another calligraphic pen and walk back to my stool just as the professor begins to quiet the class down. I sit down on my stool slowly to avoid making so much noise, placing the pen down. Harry snickers beside me and I grit my teeth, doing my absolute best to ignore him.

"Hello class!" The professor started and she grinned widely, clapping her hands in excitement. She immediately reminded me of the grandmother from the Disney movie Halloweentown that I knew already I was going to like her. "I'm professor Stone and this is Art 202, in case you're in the wrong class." I pointedly looked to Harry and he arched an eyebrow at me, crossing his arms to show he wasn't going to leave. Unfortunately.

"Now I know most of your professors today didn't give you much work except read the syllabus over with you, but we won't be doing that here. I don't believe in planning out every single one of our class meetings because, you can't rush art." She winked and the class lightly laughed as she walked around to pick up the canvas she had brought in. She waved a boy near the front to drag an easel over to her before she stood the canvas up on top of it. When she did there was a painted picture of a woman, one that looked a lot like our professor.

She waved a hand over the picture, pushing her glasses up her nose before putting her hands to her hips. "Can someone tell me what this is?"

"A painting of a woman." Someone near the front called out and Mrs. Stone nodded, pacing slowly across the front of the room.

"Yes it is, and your name is...?"

"Ashley."

"Ashley. It is a woman, but do you notice anything else?"

"It's you." I look beside me to the source of the voice, the rest of the class turning to look at Harry as well. He makes it seem as if all the eyes on him don't bother him at all and I hate him even more for it.

"Yes! It is." Mrs. Stone smiles and pauses to look at Harry, grinning proudly. "What is your name?"

"Harry."

"Harry," she repeated and clasped her hands in front of her. "Do you notice anything else about the painting?"

I watched silently as Harry pursed his lips, eyes narrowing at the picture and I sort of hoped he couldn't come up with an answer. But then, his eyes seemed to have lightened and he chewed on his lip before responding. "Uh one eye is bigger than the other. And the nose is a little crooked."

"Correct!" She smiled and tilted her head. "Now tell me, is this painting an exact replica of me?"

Harry seemed to be stumbling over his words, mouth opening and closing unsurely before he laughed. "Is this a trick question?"

The rest of the class laughed along with the professor and she shook her head. "No Harry. I want honesty. Does it look exactly like me?"

"Well then, no. The eye and nose are off."

"Ah so you think so." She said then turned to the rest of the class. "I painted this picture of myself. Looking in the mirror this was what I saw." She started, walking to the canvas pointing to the nose and eye. "I only saw my flaws, so I painted them. Harry believes it's all wrong because his perception of me is different than my perception of myself." She turned back to us, a grin on her face. "This is what your first project will be. I want every single one of you to draw or paint what you see when you look in the mirror."

Everyone began to whisper, ideas about what they were going to portray into their art before Mrs. Stone quickly clapped to get the class's attention. "There's a catch though! You're only allowed to use the utensil you chose for yourself. If you chose a paint brush, you can use different colored paints but nothing besides the brush you chose. Pen's, pencils, or chalk? You are required to only use that color." She smiled once more before clapping again. "Now go! Get started."

The class all scattered while I stayed in my seat, biting down on my bottom lip as I looked at the calligraphic pen. This was going to be tricky. There was no eraser to this and if I messed up I either had to come up with a creative way to cover it, or restart the whole thing. I shook my head, sighing as I reluctantly looked to my side to see Harry staring at the paper in front of him with pursed lips. He must of felt my gaze because he looked to me, eyes furrowing in annoyance.

"Why'd you have to pick a damn pen?"

"Maybe you shouldn't have stolen it in the first place." I tisk, glancing around the room to see there were various lines of students waiting to use the few mirrors that were hanging around the classroom. I would wait a while until it died down.

"Or maybe you should have chosen a pencil or something."

"If you were an actual artist it wouldn't have mattered what I'd chosen," I say pointedly and glance at him with confusion. "Why are you even in this class? You clearly don't belong in here."

"How do you know that? Have you seen me draw?"

"Well no. But I never pegged you for an art major."

"I'm not." He confirmed and looked away for a moment before glancing at me with irritation. "If you must know I'm into photography. But I needed four more units in art and this seemed easy enough."

"How is this easy if you can't draw?" I scowled and he laughed, shaking his head. A smirk was plastered on his face when he looked at me in amusement, dimples splitting his cheeks.

"I never actually said I couldn't draw baby girl." He said and I pressed my lips together, sending a glare his way to which he merely chuckled at. "I can draw. It's not something I want to professionalize in but I do like doing it on the side. I do it for fun, that's it."

I don't respond to him, mostly because I'm annoyed at his presence but also because I was actually really surprised. We had something in common and I didn't want to have anything in common with him. I wanted a reason not to like him but this was something I could see myself talking passionately to him about. Something he would understand, and maybe actually listen to. That is if he weren't such an asshole of course.

I look away, catching sight of an open mirror before I stand up and quickly stride over to it. I look into the small mirror, staring at myself but all I saw where faded green eyes, stringy blonde hair, and lips that had one side thinner than the other. Deciding I'd save the details for another day I focused on staring at the shape of my face and head, turning around once I had stared long enough. My face bumps into a hard chest and I stumble back, looking up to catch Harry's green eyes. He's leaning up against the desk beside us, arms crossed and eyes staring at me amusedly.

"Got all the blemishes embedded into memory?"

I scowl, teeth gritting when he smirks at my facial expression. "You're an asshole."

"Nothing I've never heard before." He says nonchalantly and I roll my eyes, moving to step around him.

"Just stay out of my way, Harry."

"I don't make any promises babe."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A banging on my bedroom door is what wakes me from my three hour nap. I was so disoriented that I didn't know for a moment where I was, and what day and time it was. My eyes darted around the room in alert, gaze falling on my window to see it was now nearly dark. I blinked repeatedly and reached for my phone that was under my pillow, squinting at the screen to see it was almost 7pm. The memory of knocking out after working on the art project for a little while comes to surface and I peek at the end of my bed to see I had managed to roll up the paper before putting it back in my bag.

The banging on my door brings me back to the surface and I stand up on unsteady legs, feet padding against the wood before I throw the door open. Zendaya stood there in a pair of jeans and a cute top, her hair and makeup done to perfection like always. While I still stood in the clothes I wore to school and my hair was in a messy bun. My makeup was probably smeared too.

"Hey!" She said happily when she saw me, eyes taking me in before she frowned. "Were you sleeping?"

"Yeah I was just napping but I'm glad you woke me." I walked back to my bed, plopping at the end of it as she walked inside to look at the mural on my wall. "What's up?"

"Just wanted to know how your first day went?"

"It was okay, I made two friends; Niall and Louis." I shrug, deciding I didn't want to tell her that I also shared a class with Harry because then my distaste for him might show and then I'd have to explain why I disliked him so much. And from what she and him had told me, they were clearly good friends.

"Oooh are they cute?" She wiggles her eyebrows at me and I laughed, moving to pull my hair down from the bun.

"Yeah I guess."

"Interesting." She teased, hand tracing the moon on my wall before she turned around to look at me. "Well are you hungry? The girls wanted to go eat."

"Actually yeah, I am. Where did they want to?"

"A burger joint. You okay with that?"

"Yes." I stood back up, moving around my room to slip my converse on and ruffling my hair in the process. "I'm going to go brush my teeth real quick and fix my face."

"M'kay."

I moved down the hall to the bathroom and opened the door, quickly brushing my teeth. My gaze settled on my reflection afterwards, fingers going to the underside of my eyes when I saw my eyeliner had smeared a little. Once I had fixed it I walked back out, finding all the girls standing in the living room. They looked refreshed and dressed like they were ready to be photographed while I looked sleepy and worn out in comparison. Yet I didn't have it in me to really care enough to go change.

"Ready?" Zen asked when I had came back from getting my purse and phone from my bedroom. I nodded and the four of us walked out of the apartment, conversation falling between us. We headed down to the lobby before slipping into Zen's car, me rushing to beat Jess and Sam for shotgun. They playfully groaned when I slammed the door and I cackled, strapping my seat belt on as they hopped into the backseat. Zen put the car in drive, speeding down the street as she turned the radio up. We were singing to a new Ed Sheeran song when we were parking in front of the burger place minutes later, the glass windows showing that it was a little busy.

Hopping out of the car I turned to follow behind the girls, crossing my arms when a cold breeze blew past us. They led the way into the small diner, the door ringing when we walked in. My gaze drifted around the place, seeing there were mostly college students in here and maybe some parents. I followed when Zen moved to step up to where the hostess was, the woman behind the counter looking up with a bored expression.

"Hi, our friends are here and I was wondering if you could tell me where-,"

"Zendaya!"

We all turned towards the source of the voice, a head poking up over a booth near the back. I recognized him as Zen's friend Liam and he was waving us over, smiling from ear to ear when Zen perked up at seeing him. We didn't give the woman behind the counter another glance before we were walking to where Liam sat, pausing when we reached the end of the table. Immediately my eyes fell on Liam, but then my gaze darted to the other side of the table to see Zayn, and to my dismay, Harry.

My breath hitched at the back of my throat when I saw him, teeth gritting tightly together. Both in anger that Zendaya hadn't mentioned we were meeting up with him, and anger that he was even here. His gaze met mine and my annoyance towards him grew when he had the audacity to smile at me like we were friends. I quickly looked away from him, tightening my crossed arms.

"Hey!" Zen said, bending down to give Liam a hug. She slid into the booth beside him and I followed her in, sitting at the end. Harry stood up from the other side to let Jess and Sam in before plopping back down. He would sit across from me. As if knowing what I was thinking he looked across the table at me and sent a smirk, eyes dancing in mischief. My head shook just barely but enough for him to see before I turned back to the rest of the table, deciding I'd pretend he wasn't there for the rest of the time being.

"Hey Avriella." Liam poked his head around Zendaya, grinning at me. I gave him a small wave, returning the smile.

"Hey Liam."

"Hey," I heard from across the table to meet Zayn's eyes. He was smiling at me and I hesitantly returned it just as Zendaya turned to look at me in confusion, perfectly shaped eyebrows drawing together.

"Wait you two know each other?"

Shit. "Uh,"

"Yeah we met on Friday at the bar." Zayn answered before I could and I shot him a look from across the table but he hadn't even noticed.

"The bar?" Zendaya asked, gaze sliding between the two of us. She opened her mouth to say something else when a waitress came by the table, putting a halt to our conversation. I sighed in relief as we began to give her our drinks and food orders. I chose the first thing on the menu I saw before she stacked the menus and took them away when she left.

"So how was everyone's first day of classes?" Liam asked and I was unbelievably thankful he had directed the topic of conversation somewhere else. I slumped against the booth, fiddling with my fingers underneath the table and fighting to keep my eyes from wandering to Harry who I could feel staring at me.

"It was good. My professors kind of suck but I like the people in my class," Zen answered and Jess nodded.

"Same, I have a few people I took classes with last year so I at least know some people in them to keep me entertained."

"I've got one class with Zayn." Harry spoke and involuntary my gaze fell on him just when he smiled and slowly turned to look at me. "And one with Avriella too."

I felt my heart plummet into my stomach just as Zen's head snapped in my direction, her eyes narrowing in on me. "Av, how come you didn't mention that when I asked you?"

"Oh." I blinked, slowly sitting up straight in my spot and shifting uncomfortably when everyone's eyes were on me. Zayn and Liam's holding interest, Jess and Sam's confusion, Zendaya's filled with suspicion, and Harry's swimming with pure amusement. Asshole. "Uh, I must not have noticed him."

"We were sitting right next to each other." Harry blurted and Zendaya crossed her arms beside me, tilting her head while I sent a quick glare towards Harry.

"I didn't notice." I lied, shrugging and nervously pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. I tore my eyes away from her, looking towards Sam instead. "What about you Sam? How were your classes?"

She shrugged just as the waitress came by to set our drinks down, Sam reaching for hers to take a sip. "They were good, my professors aren't so terrible, the classes seem easy to pass and I've got a friend I went to high school with in one of my classes." She nodded in approval to herself then winced. "But walking back and forth across campus was torture, my feet still hurt from the heels I wore Friday."

Jess groaned, nodding her head in agreement. "Me too, I chose the wrong heels for that night and now I'm paying for it."

"Speaking of heels," Harry mused and my heart stilled when I realized where he was taking this. Slowly I turned to look at him with wide eyes, his lips pulling into a smirk when he saw the look on my face. "Avriella I found your he-,"

Before he could even finish the sentence my foot shoots out to kick his shin hard, his body jolting in his seat in response. He gasps, clamping his mouth shut immediately after as his jaw tightens in obvious discomfort. His glare is deadly but I was sure mine was way more threatening then his, considering for a moment he looked down at the table like a child who just got scolded. His eyes narrow at it for a moment before he's looking back at me again and I try my best to relay the message with my eyes as I stand from the table. I briefly look away from him to look at the others with a small grin on my face. "I need to use the restroom. Where is it?"

Zen looks so confused about what just happened and the others do as well but they don't say anything. Liam merely shrugs and turns to talk to Zayn while Jess and Sam fall into conversation with each other. But Zendaya looks downright suspicious. "It's in the back," she pointed and I looked away to look where she was directing me too. "There's a hall, just walk down it and the restroom is the last door past the men's."

"Okay, thanks." I nod before glancing at Harry again to make sure he understood me. When he nodded just slightly with his lips pressed together in annoyance, I turned on my heel to walk in the direction Zendaya pointed. I sauntered down the hallway once I reached it, pausing to lean against the wall next to the women's restroom. Crossing my arms across my chest and jaw clenching in anger I was waiting maybe a little over a minute when a tall figure emerged from the other side of the hallway. When I noticed it was Harry, I pushed myself away from the wall and stood straight with my eyes raging as he neared me.

"What the hell was that?" I hissed when he stopped in front of me. He rolled his eyes and I couldn't stop myself from shoving his shoulder. He didn't even budge. "You almost let everyone know what happened Friday!"

"So what?" He asked in irritation and scowled at me. "Did you not tell me to give your heels to Zendaya when I found them? What does it matter if she knows?"

"It matters because I lied to her." I said through clenched teeth and shook my head. "And I said that because I wasn't thinking of the consequences. I realize now that Zen might be mad over what happened since you two are close and all. So I rather not tell her. Not ever."

Harry's annoyed expression quickly turned into an amused grin, eyebrow quirking as he leant up against the wall. "You want me to keep this a secret?"

"Yes."

"Hm," he hummed and tilted his head. "What's in it for me?"

"You get to keep your balls and penis intact." I smiled up at him sweetly and he flinched, wincing at the idea of not having them. I tried my best to keep from laughing and once again, his smile dropped and he was glaring at me.

"Fine. Whatever. Like I give a shit anyway," he snapped. "So when the fuck do you want your heels then? I don't like them lying around my apartment, so if you're not going to come get them I'll toss them in the trash."

"Those heels cost me three hundred bucks, you will do no such thing." I demanded and he rolled his eyes.

"You mistake me for someone who gives an actual fuck." He says, pushing himself away from the wall to take a slow step towards me. I immediately took one back only to bump into the wall behind me, my heart racing in my chest when he gazed at me with a mixture of anger and something else I couldn't put my finger on. I had to crane my neck to look up at him when he brought both palms to splay out on the wall on either side of my head, caging me in. "Come pick up your heels tonight or I'm burning them baby girl."

I swallowed the ball in my throat, my tough demeanor slipping the longer he held my gaze. His eyes were so pretty, and I felt myself being drawn in. Luring me and tricking me as if he weren't the true asshole he is. I bit my lip hard, shifting on one foot to the other when his eyes fell to my mouth just as I was licking the spot I had just bit. "Fine." I whispered, almost inaudibly and his eyes flickered back up to mine. I cleared my throat, forcing my eyes away from his. "Fine." I repeated, much stronger and tougher. "I'll come get them after we leave here."

He was quiet for a moment before he nodded. "Good." He said curtly, pushing himself away from me as he lifted his hand to run his fingers through his hair. The red and black plaid shirt he was wearing lifting just slightly and exposing his sculpted hip. He took one last glance at me, his face changing from the look he had previously held to the one I despised; the cocky asshole smirk. "I'll see you later babe."

And then he left me there, leant up against the wall with my heart nearly sprinting out of my chest and my emotions going haywire. Anger, irritation, along with lust, and something I couldn't even bother to describe pumping through my veins. Whatever it was, I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all.

* * * * * *

I was definitely watching halloweentown while writing this. Lol

Sorry if there are mistakes I'm too tired to go back and edit. Leave your feedback, comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote :) will update again soon<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 10.1K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
822K 38K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
534K 11.5K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...