The Goddess Test ◊ L.H.

By 5sosoup

Every girl who has taken the test has died. Now it's Quinn's turn ◊ Luke Hemmings A.U. ◊ More

The Goddess Test ◊
alpha
beta
gamma
delta
epsilon
stigma
zeta
eta
theta
iota
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
kappa
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
lambda
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
omega || epilogue
SURPRISE SURPRISE
SEQUELLLLLL

twenty-five

735 22 6
By 5sosoup

Mira Ω

Quinn was still unconscious, and Luke was sitting beside her in her room. She was lying on her bed, while Luke was adjacent to her, his elbows on his knees and he was propping his head, attempting to stay awake.

I crossed my arms over my chest as I watched him, his eyes fluttering shut every so often before I walked over to him and scratched his shoulder slightly. His eyes opened wide at the sudden touch, before they relaxed once more.

"She's been unconscious for days, Mira." He murmured, and I nodded as I sat down on the bed beside Quinn, looking between the two. Luke looked like he hasn't slept in days; his beard was unshaven, his hair unruly and the bags under his eyes more pronounced than ever.

"Luke," I said, my voice soft and comforting as I knew that's what he needed right now, "you must rest. You cannot keep yourself here when you are exhausted."

"But Mira,"

"No but's Luke. If Quinn wakes and she needs you, you won't be able to help her. Go rest, I will watch over her." I said, and he gave me a weary look but sighed as he squeezed his hands together and looked at his love one last time.

He stood, kissing her forehead before he gave me a look of thanks and left the room. I sighed as I sat where Luke just was, propping my feet up on the bed and stared at Quinn's unconscious body.

Her skin had now returned to the color it was before thanks to Ashton's healing, but she was still pale and looked sickly.

If any mortal came into contact with a spirit that had already passed over, that person was supposed to die. Many on the council are concerned over how Quinn is holding up, especially as she still had two tests to pass.

"Well Quinn, you could wake any time now. We miss you loads, and it has been too quiet for almost two weeks around this place." I whispered, turning my head at the sound of nails against the floor, smiling as Cerberus returned to his place besides Quinn's legs.

"The tests are temporarily paused while you're under this Quinn. We're all rooting for you, people stop by to see how you're doing every day and they all give their love. Even in different ways."

"Michael misses you the most," I said but Cerberus groaned slightly and I smiled as I leaned forward to scratch his head, "Well besides Cerberus."

"You've done the best out of all of the other girls so far. The others were definitely not as good as you. And you're a favorite of the council. I think you're going to make a fantastic Queen one day Quinn, I really do."

"Queen Quinn Hemmings has a nice ring to it, or even just Queen Quinn. I think I like that better if I"m being honest, but don't tell Luke." I said, laughing to myself but I grabbed a book from her shelf and sat back down, "Don't think you'll mind if I borrow this."

Hours passed by, and people would often come and visit to see how she was doing. It wasn't until Michael walked in and sat on the opposite side of me that I realized how tired I was and how much the day had passed already.

"I'll watch over her." He said as he kept his eyes focused on Quinn, and I nodded as I got up and went into my room, where Ashton was lying on my bed and I leaned against the couch in my room, before Ashton came over and kissed me quickly.

He held me in his arms for a few seconds, his lips peppering my face with kisses and I smiled at the love and affection from him before puling away and giving him a serious look, thinking about Quinn.

"Is she going to pass?" I asked Ashton, who simply sighed as he sat down on the couch, pulling me down with him and he had a solemn expression on his face.

"All I see is Quinn in someplace dark, screaming out while Luke was nearly to the point of exhaustion or death. I don't know what it looks like when a god fades. I'm hoping it's not true Mira, I really am but that is all I'm seeing right now." He mumbled, his gaze focused on my palm as he traced shapes into it.

"Try, Ashton, please. I know you don't like going there but I need to know." I whispered, and he sighed as he sat up slightly, pushing me gently away from him as he leaned forward, and I watched as he gave me a quick kiss before standing up.

As gods and goddesses, we have the option to assume different options or body types. When we're on Earth and around mortals, we take a similar structure to them but we still have the same powers.

In order to use some of our harder powers, we have to go into our full powered self, which is intimidating to see. I shielded my eyes as Ashton grew to his true power, the light blinding and I frowned as I watched the green smoke swirl around him, before his eyes glowed green and he was looking up.

This always scared me, because there used to be an Oracle until mortals became too sensitive to our culture, so Ashton assumed the role. There were times when it would take either all of his power to change back and he would be exhausted for days, or there was always the chance he couldn't change back.

He fell to the ground, the green disappearing and I quickly knelt beside him as I helped him sit up, wiping the sweat from his forehead before holding him in my arms, allowing him to rest as we stayed there on the ground together.

"All I see is the same thing Mira." He murmured, and I sighed as I ran my hand through his hair, noticing how long it has gotten and I nodded as I remained silent.

"How are you?" I asked, and he shrugged his shoulders as he remained quiet, and I held him tightly as I kissed his temple, rubbing his shoulders in an attempt to help him calm his breathing down.

"Exhausted. Healing Quinn and then doing that just now drained me," He murmured, and I frowned as I had forgotten.

I rest my head against his, just feeling his body rise and fall as he caught his breath, "I'm sorry Ash," I whispered, and he shrugged his shoulders as he just looked up at me.

"Mira," He started, frowning slightly as he quieted but I waited for him to continue, "What will happen if Quinn doesn't pass?"

I sighed as I entangled my hand with his own, while we just continued laying there on the ground, "If Quinn fails, Luke will cease to exist which you knew already. Someone else will take Luke's place, and Arnold told me that it would be Calum who takes over as King of the Underworld."

"What would happen to Luke though?"

"He will cease to exist. There would be no afterlife for him the way there are for mortals. He would just, disappear. It's happened before Arnold said, one goddess faded to the point of complete and utter exhaustion before she was just...gone."

"And the rest of us? The council is not complete without twelve, and Luke is one of the more important ones."

"Calum would take over, but Arnold said he would have plans to find another. Or make another knowing him." I mumbled, and Ashton cracked a smile at my words but remained serious. Footsteps echoed in the hall when Luke suddenly appeared, out of breath but he looked between the two of us and nodded.

"Quinn is awake," Luke breathed out as he stood in the doorway, before running down the hall and I helped Ashton stand as we went and followed where Luke had run off too, smiling slightly as Quinn now had her eyes open and was watching us.

Luke was knelt beside her, his one hand holding hers while grazing the skin on her hand gently, the other pushing strands of hair away from her forehead while he whispered words between the two of them.

The love that he had for her and vice versa was so powerful and awe inspiring. I was somewhat jealous of the love that they shared, but I knew that Ashton and I had our own type of love, just as every person does.

"Quinn," Ashton said as he knelt down on the opposite side of Quinn, and she turned her head slightly to look at him, "Are you in pain?"

She nodded, but only by a bit and he frowned as he stood back up and came over to me. "I need you to go and get Calum, I need him to grab things for me." He whispered, kissing my forehead and I nodded.

I left the room, squeezing Quinn's hand before I wandered through the manor, basically running at this point to find Calum when he was on the basketball courts and I frowned but motioned for him to stop and to come with me.

We returned to Quinn's room, and Calum and Ashton spoke before Calum suddenly disappeared, and I sat back and away from them as they talked with Quinn and tried to figure out how to help her.

She said she didn't remember much, just that a soul had grazed her arm and she then ran to find Luke, and that was it. I frowned as she spoke of the blackness that consumed her while she was unconscious, and the visions that she had.

"Everything was dark and it was like I was in a cage. There was a man, but he didn't look like a man. He was just shadows, and he could talk. It was the same person from before, I think it was Kronos."

"He said that he was going to find me and that I was going to be his. He wants to make me his wife instead of yours Luke. He said he was going to destroy all of you and he was going to make me watch." She cried, tears now streaming down her face and Luke held her close as he shared an uneasy look with Ashton.

"Were they like dreams?" He asked, and she continued to cry as she shook her head.

"No Luke they felt so real, I thought that they were.  I could feel his breath on me when he was too close, I could smell him even. It was terrifying Luke," She said, and I frowned as I got closer and sat at the end of her bed.

"It's okay because I am here now. Everything is going to be fine Quinn," He murmured, but I could hear the uncertainty in his voice. Kronos was rising to power, and there was nothing we could do to stop it.

"Can I just talk to Mira?" She whispered, looking up to Luke for permission, and he nodded as he gently kissed her forehead, and ushered the rest of the guys out while she just watched Luke leave before turning her gaze to me.

"What were you doing down there, really?" I asked, and she sighed as she motioned to the door, and the shadows of the guys behind it on the floor. I nodded as I grabbed her a notebook and pen, and she immediately started scribbling on the paper.

Went to visit Persephone to get answers about everything. I remember she said she visited the other girls to hear their stories, and it was all the same. One person is helping Kronos from the council. They have been against Luke marrying from the start and want to see the council fall.

When I was under, Kronos kept saying that he was going to make sure that Luke would lose and he would rise. He hates the entire council for what happened and he wants to make me his wife just to spite the council. He said I would rule the world if I agreed but I obviously didn't. I love Luke and I can't stand to see him in pain, let alone see him die.

"Holy shit," I whispered, and she nodded as she looked at me, tears in her eyes once again and I held her tightly as she started crying again.

"It felt all too real too. I thought that I had failed the tests and that was my punishment." She cried and I frowned as she held tightly on to me, before the door opened and Arnold walked in. He grimaced as he saw she was crying, but pulled a chair up and sat next to us.

"Quinn, I know right now is not a good time but Ashton told me about what happened. I need you to tell me everything," He said, and Quinn glanced at me as if she was silently asking if she should tell him, which I nodded.

I left the two and went out into the hall, leaning against the door while the others continued to wait outside.

"We have a major situation," Michael mumbled while the rest of us nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, and we need to fix it. Now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645 64 16
𝘚𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘔𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘓𝘶𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘦 �...
108K 3.5K 15
When a girl who doesn't believe in love and a boy who wants to fall in love, meet.
139K 1.8K 70
Title explains it all....
60.4K 953 71
Just 5SOS Preferences NOT OWNED BY ME ALL FROM TUMBLR ALL RIGHTS TO THEM! But they are awesome!!! Read