It started With A Phone Call

amysousa által

Sky Evans is a sweet, smart, and very innocent eighteen-year-old, but she isn't popular. In fact, she's far f... Több

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Epilogue
What Happens After the Phone Call
Once Upon A Tear
Apollo's Prophecy

Chapter Eighteen

58.2K 510 32
amysousa által

Hello hello hello! I've noticed a bunch of new followers and readers are here so hi! It's super nice to meet you!  I wanted to dedicate this chapter to a wonderful writer that I just discovered on here (TheRavenWolf)! If you like fantasy at all you'll LOVE her story so please check out her profile and book! (hopefully I can figure out how to dedicate this chapter to her so you can click easily access her profile!) I couldn't find a good picture for this chapter so that's why there isn't one :(

ALSO don't read the existing comments! They're old comments and the chapters are very different considering I compressed this story from 52 chapters to like 30 total chapters so you may see spoilers or just get really confused!

Enjoy!

~~~

Sky

The light streamed into the room through the small cracks in the drapes. "Good afternoon, sleepy head," Dan greeted me. I smiled before greeting him back. "What time is it?" I asked him. He looked down at his watch before answering. "It's 12:30. You should get ready to go spend the day with Trevor," he said Trevor's name with a hint of sarcasm.

I reluctantly got up and made my way to the washroom. After taking a shower I put on a simple white summer dress and white flat sandals. "Do you think you can go down for breakfast with us?" Ave asked as I emerged into the living room. Trevor had texted me that he would wait downstairs in the lobby, which has a clear view of the cafeteria.

"Sorry, Trevor's downstairs right now. Wait for like ten minutes so you guys can be sure that he doesn't see you," I said as I put my sunglasses on. The three of them nodded before I said my goodbyes and gave Dan a short kiss, but didn't want to let go.

"Every thing will be alright, Dan, "I promised him. He let go of me after nodding and went back to the sofa. "I'll see you later," I yelled out as I closed the door and ran towards the elevator with my beach bag in hand. As soon as I got downstairs I said good morning to the desk clerk and walked towards Trevor, who was waiting in the seating area.

"Ready for a day of fun?" he greeted me. I smiled and nodded. "As ready as I'll ever be." "So how are you liking Costa Rica so far?" Trevor asked me after we walked out of the hotel towards the beach. "I'm loving it. It's so beautiful here!" I answered honestly, "What about you?" Trevor gave me a smile before giving me a response.

"Same here. I think Santa Cruz is the best place in Costa Rica so far. It made it even better that you're here," he said before kicking off his flip-flops. Luckily he didn't see the look I had on my face. The worst part of my vacation was running into him. Not that I didn't like him as a person- he seemed nice enough. But I really didn't need the added stress. Instead of saying something back to him I changed the subject.

"How long have you been planning on coming here?" I asked him curiously. He gave me yet another smile. "Since last year my family has been planning it. We bought the tickets a few months ago so we could get a good package deal," he answered. I stopped in my place for a second. He knew he was going to come here for all that time? Dan's words filled my head. "He said he wasn't going to be leaving Canada. He mentioned that he would be going to his cottage up north." Why would Trevor lie about that? Does he know? No... we've been really careful. Maybe he didn't want people budding into his business?

"You coming?" Trevor asked while looking back at me. I shook the thoughts out of my head. "What?" I answered him. He chuckled a bit. "You randomly stopped walking, Sky," he informed me. I looked down and realized that I was standing still. "I wanted to take my flip-flops. I just got distracted by..." I looked around the beach and spotted a guy in a bright red speedo. "I got distracted by the pale old dude wearing the speedo. Gross," I stuck out my tongue for full effect. Trevor laughed again. "I agree... that is gross."

We set up our towels in an isolated spot where people wouldn't bother us before we headed for the water. I don't think I would ever get use to the feeling of unfreezing water. Canada's beaches are way too cold. "Let's jump the waves!" Trevor screamed excitedly. I couldn't help but laugh at how childish and funny he could be. "Ok!" I screamed after him as I jumped over the waves and continued to run until we were in deeper water.

~~~

Trevor and I ended up spending a few hours at the beach. Most of it was in the water, but we also did some tanning. He talked more about how awesome his upcoming party was going to be and how people wanted to see me again. I was actually really surprised at that. Who would have thought that Sky Evans, the girl with only one friend, would want to be seen again at a party? We left the beach at around five o'clock and went to a bar and grill a few kilometers away. It was a cute little place that didn't have very many people. I, of course, ended up getting a plain cheeseburger since I don't really like trying new foods.

"What are you doing when you get back to Toronto?" Trevor asked me before taking a long swig of his beer. "Just relaxing and spending time with my parents. How about you?" I asked him. He smirked at me before answering. "Nothing much. I was actually hoping that you would want to hang out with me again," he said. I gave him an uncomfortable smile. I did not want to be spending time with him when I could be doing that with Dan, Avery, my parents, or even Luke.

"My Dad's actually getting back from South America soon so I won't be able to leave unless it's with him," I said easily. I think I sounded pretty convincing. Trevor frowned a bit. "Oh all right, but are you still going to be able to go to my party after school starts?" he asked me hopefully. I frowned at him. "Maybe. I already told you about work, but I'll try my best," I said with a smile.

We continued talking about random things. Trevor mentioned the huge cafeteria scene between Brittany and I. He agreed with everything that I said and congratulated me on slapping her. After we finished our meal we headed towards the bar section. "I'm just going to go the restroom really quickly," Trevor said. I nodded at him and sat in one of the stools. Not even a minute later a cute guy that looked around my age showed up beside me.

"Hey gorgeous, I'm Alex. Is it your first time in Santa Cruz?" he introduced himself. I shook his hand and answered. "I'm Sky. And yes, is it that obvious? It's the awkward tan, isn't it?" I joked which made him chuckle. Alex looked like a typical player. The swoopy blonde hair, the bright white teeth, and the huge, most likely new hickey he failed at hiding on his neck. "Let me buy you a drink," he said before shooting me a smile that would have made me weak in the knees before I met Dan. I shook my head at him. "No thank you," I said. Alex smirked at my and grabbed my hand before pulling me up from my chair.

"Come on, it's just a drink," Alex said as he tried to drag me by my arm towards the bartender. Before I could decline again I felt someone pulling me back. "Get your hands off of my girlfriend," a deep voice said from behind me. It would have been great having Dan come to my rescue, but sadly it was just Trevor back from the washroom. Wait... girlfriend? "I'm sorry dude, I didn't know," Alex apologized and held his hands up. I ripped my hands from Trevor's arms and gave him a "what the hell" look.

"Good. I don't want to catch you talking to her again," Trevor said angrily as if he owned me. What the hell? Trevor doesn't even know I have a boyfriend. Why is he doing this? "I honestly didn't know. She declined so don't worry," Alex said before sending me a little wave and leaving. I turned towards Trevor with a death glare. "What is your problem?" I said angrily. I didn't need to be screaming inside of a restaurant although, I really wanted to.

"That guy's a douche. I saw him flirting with two girls last night and one this morning when I had breakfast. He's a major player," Trevor answered. "Why did you say that I'm your girlfriend then?" I questioned him, still angry. "I was just trying to help. If I didn't that guy was bound to start an argument. The only thing I could think of was saying that you were my girlfriend," Trevor explained. I nodded.

"Well thanks I guess. I should get headed back to my hotel. Ave is probably waiting to watch a movie with me," I said. I really did not want to be with Trevor any longer than necessary. "Oh, alright. I'll walk you there to make sure you make it back safe," he said before we began walking down the road that would take us back to my hotel. The walk there was really awkward. I avoided speaking and eye contact as much as possible. I couldn't stop thinking about the way he said that I was his girlfriend. It just sounded so possessive.

"Alright, we're here. I had a lot of fun today, Sky," Trevor said with a huge smile. I mirrored him except for the fact that mine was a fake smile. "I had fun too. Especially when you acted all psycho," I actually didn't say the last part out loud, but I was still scared if he could somehow hear it. "I'll text you. Have fun," he said before giving me a tight and very long hug. I hugged back awkwardly. "You too," I said before waving at him and walking into the hotel as quickly as possible. I quickly greeted the hotel manager before dashing towards the elevator so I could get back to my hotel room and see Dan again.

~~~

"He said that? No way!" Avery shrieked. I nodded at her. "Yes he did." "That's really creepy, Sky. I don't like him. He gives out this vibe that make me feel uncomfortable," she said while shaking her head. I nodded in agreement while Dan held me tighter. "It's really bothering me that he lied so easily about where he was going for vacation," Dan murmured as he sunk his head into the crook of my neck. "Me too," I told him. "Let's just hope that he didn't see Dan or myself. At least he won't be here after tomorrow morning. We can just go back to having a normal vacation," Luke cut in. I frowned. "I guess you're right. It just really freaked me out," I said again. "Let's all watch a funny movie or something," Avery suggested. Everyone seemed to be in agreement with her idea so she called the lobby to set up the movie services.

"I'm just going to go check my emails," I told Dan before I headed towards my room. I pulled out my laptop and turned it on. I went through many emails from the stores I like to shop at before I landed on one from my mother.

Hey Sky, How's the vacation going? I hope you guys are all having a ton of fun! You're father will be arriving next Monday and wants to have a big dinner with you and Dan. He also wants to invite Avery and her parents, but that's up to you. Send me back a message and a few pictures so I know that you guys are all fine. Say hi to everyone to me.

I love you. Talk to you soon!

I laughed at the email. It was funny seeing my mother sending me one. Just a few years ago she couldn't type if her life depended on it. She actually only used her two index fingers for it. Then again, I haven't seen her actually typing. Maybe she made someone do it for her. I sent a quick reply stating that I just wanted a normal family dinner with Dan, but we would have one with Avery and her parents later on also. I included a few pictures of us at the beach having fun and a funny picture of Luke and Dan sleeping that they didn't know I took. After sending my mother an email back I let out a big breath. This dinner would be the best dinner to explain what's really going on with Dan. We couldn't keep it a secret forever so hopefully they'd be alright with us staying together.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

33K 832 35
Katherine Kingston is a High school senior. Her life is perfect. She has everything that every girl can dream of; a straight A student, a handsome bo...
1.4M 60.6K 50
The last two years of Alex's life have been emotionally challenging to say the least. Yet, this is a new year and all her unpleasant memories are beh...
823K 16.2K 52
Sky has been in love with Drew for as long as she can remember. Only problem is he's her older brother's best friend and sees her as a little kid. He...
14.3K 421 48
Coach Bucky Barnes has always been the type that didn't like to play by the rules. And that costed him everything in college, and made him have to gi...