Filling in the Pieces // Luke...

By kaboott

Kaitlyn Rivers lives on Sunset Farms in the small town of Hudson. Kait tells a story of her teenage years and... More

Chapter 1 - Sunset Farms
Chapter 2 - Twins
Chapter 3 - Unexpected Guest
Chapter 4 - What is This?
Chapter 5 - Almost a Perfect Day
Chapter 6 - Jealousy
Chapter 7 - Embarrassment
Chapter 8 - Hunters
Chapter 9 - Training Day
Chapter 10 - Victory
Chapter 11 - Date Night
Chapter 12 - Puppies
Chapter 13 - Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Chapter 14 - Runway
Chapter 15 - Jai's First Ride
Chapter 16 - Friendly Date
Chapter 17 - Movie Night
Chapter 18 - Race Ya?
Chapter 19 - Will You Be My Girlfiend?
Chapter 20 - Awkward Endings
Chapter 21 - Sweet Sweet Victory
Chapter 22 - Taken and Alone
Chapter 23 - Finally Home
Chapter 24 - Nice Choice
Chapter 25 - Sight Seeing
Chapter 26 - The Perfect Present
Chapter 27 - Can't Keep Secrets
Chapter 28 - DareSundays
Chapter 29 - Prince
Chapter 30 - Sneaky
Chapter 31 - Confessions
Chapter 32 - Where am I?
Chapter 33 - Swimming
Chapter 34 - Remember Me
Chapter 35 - Introductions
Chapter 36 - Picking Up the Pieces
Chapter 37 - Getting Back to Normal
Chapter 38 - Long Time No See
Chapter 39 - Perfect
Chapter 40 - Old and New Faces
Chapter 41 - Questions & Answers
Chapter 42 - Luke Not Aaron
Chapter 43 - Drunk Words, Sober Thoughts
Chapter 44 - Talk to Me
Chapter 46 - Road Trip
Chapter 47 - Should Have Been Me
Chapter 48 - It's for the Better
Chapter 49 - It's You
Chapter 50 - I Promise
Chapter 51 - Saying Goodbye
Epilogue
Update - Please Read
Trailer
Important
I'm Back!

Chapter 45 - Forget Everything

591 22 3
By kaboott

The next morning I woke up to my face hitting the floor. I grunted due to the pain that was exploding in my head from the contact it had just previously made to the ground and all the drinks I had last night wasn't helping either. I rubbed my head and sat up to see why I fell. I chuckled as I saw Beau snuggled next to Luke. He must have gotten into our bed at some point last night, and due to the fact that the bed is only a single explains why I am now on the floor. I decided to just leave them and wait and see Luke's reaction when he wakes up. He fell asleep with me, but will wake up with Beau. I giggled to myself again just imagining the scenario play out. After laughing to myself like a loser I finally pulled myself off the floor and went to get ready.

I put my clothes back on from yesterday and thankfully the dress had dried but unfrtunately there was a giant beer stain across the front. Not wanting to smell of beer and look like a complete mess I would rather have stayed in Luke's clothes but I couldn't walk in the house wearing boys clothing when I was supposed to be with Theresa. After slipping the dirty dress back on I realized I didn't have my heels and just as I was walking out of the bathroom to find them I heard a small shout. I shot my head up, taking a startled breath, to see Luke sitting up with an angry facial expression and Beau still lying down in a very confused state.

"Dude what the fuck?" Luke yelled and I was literally on the floor, clutching my stomach laughing.

"What?" Beau questioned completely fazed by the fact that he was in Luke's bed.

"I thought you were Kait. I almost kissed you!" Luke shouted and I started laughing harder. Beau just sat there. Both their faces were absolutely priceless.

"Can you get out of my bed now?" Luke asked getting even more annoyed as the seconds ticked by.

"Your bed? You're in my bed!" Beau finally fought back.

We all just sat there for a good 5 seconds as Beau looked around the room and eventually realized that he was wrong.

"Okay now that you two are done fighting can you get ready?" I asked, braking up the fight, still giggling a little.

"Ugh what's with all the yelling?" Jai whined now starting to wake up.

"Luke almost kissed Beau," I stated as I continued to look around the floor for my shoes.

"Hot," was all that Jai could muster out before turning over and falling back asleep.

"Alright then... meet me in the house when you're ready and I'll have coffee and Advil waiting for you," I said just as I spoted my heels and slipped them on.

Multiple 'thank yous' and 'I love yous' were muttered out just before I left the room and contiued until I was out of hearing range.

-------

"Luke! You ready to go?" I shouted from the drivers seat of his truck. We were just about to leave and head over to Briar Creek for the race.

"Yeah yeah I'm ready!" He yelled back as he jogged out of the barn with his camera bag thrown over his shoulder. He brings that thing everywhere. 

"Hey, how come you're driving? It's my car," he questioned as he sat down in the passenger seat and did his seatbelt up.

"If you got out here sooner then maybe you would be driving," I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

"I had to get my camera bag," he fought back.

"I swear you better not take any pictures of me or-"

"Or what?" He cut me off and I turned my head to look at him quickly to be met with a smirk on his face.

"You don't want to know..." This was all I could think of as my response and I mentally cursed at myself.

"Oh great come back, very intimidating," he lughed and shook his head at my fail.

"Shut up," I mumbled out before we pulled up the Briar Creek driveway. Luke's face had pretty much mirrored the expression that I had the first time I got here.

"This place is amazing," Luke gazed out the window in awe as I parked the truck.

"I know."

"And if you win today... this can become a full time job?" He asked as we got out of the car and walked around to the back of the trailer.

"Yup. It's cool isn't it?" I said as I opened up the trailer doors and lead Jewels out.

"Yeah. I'm so proud of you Kait," he exclaimed and gave me a qiuck kiss as I walked passed him.

"Thank you," I blushed but then was caught off guard by my named being yelled.

"Kait!" Aaron called as he very quickly walked up to us and wrapped me up in a hug. It was a little awkward with Luke standing right there so I quickly hugged him back and then seperated myself.

"Hi," I smiled and before I knew it Luke began to speak.

"And I'm her boyfriend, Luke." he stated stepping a tiny bit in front of me and I giggled at how protective he got over me.

"Aaron," Aaron replied as he stuck out his had. Luke wasn't going to shake it back until I elbowed him in the side and he slightly winced before placing his hand in Aarons.

"So shall we go get ready?" I asked breaking the silence that had fallen upon us.

"Uhh yeah, follow me," Aaron agreed with me but didn't take his eyes off of Luke, which is true until he put his hand on my back so I would walk with him. I knew what he was doing and it was working as from the corner of my eye I could see Luke's hands begin to ball into fists. Aaron was purposefully trying to get Luke mad and at this rate on top of Luke's short temper, it wouldn't be long until he snapped. Taking this into consideration I stepped away from Aaron and intertwined my hand with Luke's, calming him slightly.

------

Jewels and I sat in the gate next to Briar Creeks best race horse and jockey. Both boys waited at the finish line, the best seats to watch the race. We were racing against a horse named 'Nightmares Dream' and I have to admit they look pretty intimidating. This jet black gelding looked to be twice as tall as Jewels and with the small but burley rider on top seemed to add to its height. 

After what felt like forever the horn finally went off, the gates sprung open, and we were off. Again I don't really know if Jewels understands the concept of racing, but the horn seemed to be loud enough to fuel her engine. The entire run we were neck and neck, this race is much closer than the one we had the other day. I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to beat him, I mean his horse is bred for racing and then trained its entire life for these moments, and here I am on this little mustang that I had saved only a month ago and only began riding a coulpe weeks ago. Yet once again Jewels surprised me with her speed and pulled through. At the last turn Jewels pace sped up and in that moment, I realized that horses have no clue what the hell racing is or what the point of it is, but what they do understand is their riders. They understand our need to win, to want something and they understad how to achieve that for us. In those last few lengths of the race I have never felt so happy or free in my life, knowing that we were going to win this and I believe Jewels felt it too. And just like that, in a blink of an eye, we passed the finish line only milliseconds before our opponents.

We literally just beat the best race horse they have. Do you know what this means. In a state of shock I jumped off of Jewels and handed the reins to one of the stable hands to take her to the barn. I yanked off my hamlet and ran towards Luke who was making his way towards me with a massive grin plastered across his face which most likely matched my own. I was just about to reach Luke and jump in his arms when someone grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face them. It was Aaron.

"Congratulations!" He said in a jumble of words before crashing his lips against mine.

I was in shock, I stood there motionless, my eyes dead locked on his closed ones. Before I could even react to what was happening he was being pulled away from me by Luke. He was pushed to the ground before Luke was on top of him and throwing punches.

"Don't fucking touch my girlfriend!" He screamed as he threw another punch. Luke has finally snapped, which is understandable because if someone had kissed Luke right in front of me I would have acted the same way. Honestly I wanted to give him a good slap as well, but someone had to be the bigger person and get the situation under control.

"Okay, okay Luke he's not worth it! Let's just go!" I raised my voice as I pulled him off of Aaron. He slowly got up still fuming with anger. "He's not worth it," I said again trying to calm him down. He took a breath and nodded his head agreeing with me.

"Not worth my fucking time," Luke mumbled before grabbing my hand and walking me back to the car. I quickly grabbed Jewels from the stables not wanting to stay here any longer than needed, and loaded her back up into the trailer. We had been driving most of the way home in silence when Luke finally spoke up. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lost it like that," he ran his hands through his hair and then hit the steering wheel.

"Don't worry about. If someone kissed you, I would probably have done the same thing," I responded trying to lighten the mood which made him chuckle slightly.

"What are you going to do about the job?" He asked.

"I'm not going to take it," I easily answered.

"Sorry," He apologized again.

"It's not your fault, it's Aaron's. He crossed the line," I said giving him a reassuring smile and placing my hand on his which rested on the gear shift.

When we got back I put Jewels back in the barn and Luke followed.

"So how was-" Beau started to say before Luke cut him off trying to avoid conversation.

"Don't ask," he murmered as he made his way up to the loft.

"God what's stuck up his ass?" Jai scoffed.

"He's pissed because something may have happened after the race," I led Jewles into her stall and closed the door.

"What happened?" Beau questioned further.

"Aaron kissed me..." I said in an almost disgusted tone as I thought of the amount of times I told Aaron I had a boyfriend and that we could only be friends, yet he goes and does this shit.

"I'll beat the shit out of him!" Jai responded angrily.

"Sorry Luke already beat you to it," I informed him and looked at both his and Beau's face, they looked mad as well.

"Well you know what I think you guys need," Beau said and his face softened slightly.

"No. What do we need Beau?" I asked with a little humor in my voice as I waited for him to share his thoughts.

"You need to get out of Hudson. Go have some fun. Forget everything." He suggested and it was actually a pretty good idea.

"You know what... I think you're right."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 4.2K 33
A life of a Janoskian girl is hard. Especially when you're being labeled as more than one of the Janoskians Girlfriend, Which Chelsea is experiencing...
9.5K 86 18
In search of a new life and a sense of self, Valerie Andrews leaves Toronto to spend her summer in Melbourne, Australia, where she meets Jai Brooks...
370 13 16
We're always going to love each other. [Brooks Twins Fan Fiction) Copyright 2018 NirvanaxRose All Rights Reserved