Secret Mind ✓

By sadlyish

"She's right! She's right! I don't cut in the right spot." My hold tightens on my wrist. The red blood oozes... More

o n e
t w o
Diary entry 3 - Losing a loved one.
Diary entry 4 - Maintaining invisibility.
Diary entry 5 - Four years later.
Diary entry 6 - "Language!"
Diary entry 7 - Just an apple for you today young lady.
Diary entry 8 - "Sit down before you make a scene."
Diary entry 9 - "They're called phones!"
Diary entry 10 - "Is it that time of the month?"
Diary entry 11 - compared to my puny little bump people call muscle.
Diary entry 12 - "You look a little...constipated."
Diary entry 13 - "I'm not living on the moon."
Diary entry 14 - "Drake, I will castrate your balls of you don't stop now."
Diary 15 - "The delinquent that scares all our babysitters away."
Diary entry 16 - My Blossom
Diary entry 17 - "You douche! I said to start on the floor."
Diary entry 18 - She's a broken girl.
Diary entry 19 - "I trust you."
Diary entry 20 - "Best sleep of my life."
Diary entry 21 - I don't know what I'll do if she's gone.
Diary entry 22 - "Pwince charming..."
Diary entry 23 - Flatlined.
Diary entry 24 - Crashing walls.
Diary entry 25 - Little things.
Diary entry 27 - We didn't do anything!
Diary entry 28 - "Do you love him?"
Diary entry 29 - Boys!
Diary entry 30 - Graduation
Diary entry 31 - The proposal.
Diary 32 - Epilogue.

Diary entry 26 - My nightmare.

430 23 3
By sadlyish

"Where in gods name were you?!" Cassy yells, her voice echoing through the shopping centre.

After Drake and I...danced, I told him I needed to meet Cassy at the mall to get things for prom. He knew that we were going to get dresses but he didn't push. He dropped me off and I met up with Cassy at Tiffany and co.

"I was with Drake." I state nervously. Her eyes soften and then she lets out a high pitched squeal.

"Oh my gosh! What happened? Did you kiss? Did he ask you to the dance? Did he-" She fires all these questions at me. I cut her off before she can finish.

"Yes, he asked me to prom." I purposely leave out the 'we shared a heated kiss' statement cause I don't kiss and tell. I know it may seem mean that I don't tell my best friend these sorts of things but I'm still not up for opening up about a few things and I know it's going to be really hard to change that. "So...you and Brian." I quirk an eyebrow and smirk, steering the topic away from me and more to her.

She sighs. "Yes. He asked me to the dance and, yes, I said yes." She smiles dreamily.

"Do you like him?" I smile like an idiot.

"No...yes...I don't know. It's hard to explain." She stutters and plays with her keys.

I always thought she had a thing for Chase but maybe I was wrong. Maybe she has no idea. Or maybe, she does have a thing for Brian but she is in denial and won't admit it to herself.

"Okay. Let's go through my checklist of signs. Do you get all tingly inside when you're near him?" I ask.

"Sort of." She hums. I nod my head and continue.

"When he touches you, does your skin burn with delight?"

"Yeah."

"When he smiles at you, does your stomach explode with butterflies?" I begin to daze off, thinking about all the things I feel when I'm with Drake.

"Yes." She admits and smiles, also in a dreamy state of mind.

I snap out of it and nod vigorously. "Yep! You've got the hots for our best friend. Which means that you need to do something extra special for him. Which means, nice dress. Let's go!"

I pull her into different shops and she tries out numerous different dresses.

In the end she got a sweetheart dress. The top is strapless and is silver and the skirt is a baby blue and at the front it reaches her knees and at the back, it goes a little further down.

"Your turn." Cassy calls, dragging me out of one of the dress shops.

"Really. Is it okay if I wear like jeans?" I protest.

"You're the one who said 'you need to look extra good for him'." She mimics my voice but fails miserably.

I shake my head and let her bring me through different stores.

"How about this one?" She pulls out a mid-thigh length dress. Again, it's another sweetheart strapless but the top is White and pinched in the middle. A black belt could around the waist and then the skirt is loose, layered and yellow. It's beautiful but not me.

I shake my head and she nods then walks around the store, looking at different dresses.

"Size sixteen, maybe lace, short and simple." I turn around and meet a shop assistant that is accessing me.

"Sorry?" I choke out.

She waves me over. "Come this way."

I follow her and she shows me the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. It's simple yet still eye catching. I gawk at the fabric that is latex out in front of me. It's a strapless lace, sweetheart dress that reaches mid-thigh, similar to the one before. The lace has a flower design on it. It's a creamy colour and I fall in love with it instantly.

"This is the one." I smile and place my hands on my hips.

"Call your friend over." The assistant says.

I nod. "Thank you." I smile at her and she walks away to another costumer. "Cassy! Come here!"

She runs up to me and mirrors my expression that was plastered on my face not to long ago. "It's amazing. You have to get this one!" She turns to look at me.

"On it." I pick up the dress and bring it to the cash register to pay.

"Lovely dress. You'll look beautiful in it." The cashier smiles at me. She looks to be in her early twenties. She has beautiful blonde hair that falls in curls down her back. She has grey eyes with little blue flecks in them.

"Thank you." I blush and look down.

"Senior dance coming up?" She asks, printing the receipt and folding the dress neatly.

"Yeah."

"That assistant over there, Amanda," she points to the lady that helped find the dress for me. "She has been doing this for twenty years. She has great observation skills and can tell what your personality is like just by looking at you, the way you stand, dress and by the way your eyes twinkle." She explains. I take in all the information and marvel.

"That's...amazing." I smile as she puts the dress and the receipt in a bag.

"Yeah. Here you go. Enjoy your day." She smiles and hands me the bag.

"You too."

We walk out of the shop, bags in our hands. "It's getting late. Want to quickly get some coffee?" Cassy asks me.

"Sure."

A few minutes later, we pull up at the local Starbucks. I order a pumpkin spice latte and Cassy orders a red velvet mocha.

I take a sip of the coffee. A fleeting expression on my face showing malcontent, yet soon I found myself smiling broadly once more as if nothing was wrong at all.

I glance down at the cardboard like cup, thick, ceramic, cold to touch, and supposed it was that which had stolen the heat, made it like cold flavoured milk to drink.

The coffee leaving a bitter yet satisfying taste in my mouth. The cool liquid slide down my throat.

"Is yours cold?" Cassy asks.

I nod my head. "It has to be the new cups. It's like they steal the heat from the drink." I explain. "At least it tastes nice, though." I shrug and take another sip of the caffeine.

We pull up at my house and I wave goodbye to Cassy as she pulls out of the driveway.

I pull the my keys out of my pocket and push them in the keyhole in the door. A click sounds and I push the door open. The aroma of roast chicken and potatoes circling around the house. I breathe in the delicious sent and walk to the kitchen.

"Hey mum." I greet my mother that stands in the kitchen, hovering over the stove.

"Hi sweetie. Where have you been?" She gets straight down to the point.

"At the shops with Cass. We went dress shopping for the senior dance." I shrug and pull out the chair from the kitchen island. I didn't tell her the whole story. The bits were me a Drake went to the park together or stayed there a majority of the time.

"I thought you weren't going to the dance. Do you have a date?" She asks sternly.

"Yeah." I nod and play with my fingers nervously. Does she even like Drake? Am I even allowed to go with a date?

"Who with?" She presses the matter further. She bends down to open the hot oven, pulling out the pit with the chicken and vegetables. I smile as my nose takes in the smell of the food. Never did I ever think I'd be excited to actually eat.

"Drake." I say nervously.

"The majors boy? The one that took you out for a project?" She asks. I hear a hint of excitement folded in her voice and my nerves ease, but not that much.

"Yep." I smile, popping the 'p'.

"I like him." She nods her head and walks over to me. Her words surprise me. "I approve of him." Okay. So that's...good? "You know, I went to University with his mum? Very nice lady she is. In fact, we are going to eat at their house in a few days." She takes a seat next to me.

"Cool." I nod slightly and then another question pops into my head. "Where's dad?"

She sighs. "At work. He's coming home late today."

"And the girls?"

"Aftercare. I have to pick them up now actually." She gets up and throws her apron on the next before grabbing the keys and speed walking to the door. It slams shut with a loud thud.

I sigh and make my way to my room. For the first time in forever, I open the curtains to my window and the suns bright light illuminates my room. I can see the neighbouring house - Drakes house - and I squint to see a tall figure in the room, opposite mine.

The person turns around and I see Drake looking back at me. He smiles then walks towards his balcony. He opens the doors and walks out.

I step outside as well. The autumn season surrounding me. Red, orange and yellow, in various different shades. All of them floating gracefully on the soft breeze. It was as if a friendly hand was gently lowering them to the ground.

Whispers between these leaves filled the air, whispers and mutters.

The air was cool and crisp, like a refreshing drink of cool water after hours in a desert.

The breeze fluttered around, gently caressing everything it touched with fingers that had been a comfort to so many over their long, lonely years.

"Hey. I've always seen that curtain closed but, now I know what, or rather who is behind it." He smirks, leaning his elbows on the thick brick wall.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny." I answer sarcastically. "What're you doing?"

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Looking for my homework."

I snicker. "You lost...your homework?" I ask in disbelief.

"Maybe...yes." He answers with a sheepish grin on his well moulded face.

I giggle. "You're such a goof, Major." I mirror his position, my elbows resting on the thin metal that frames the glass. My body is hunched over.

"Maybe, but you love it anyway." He winks then cocks an eyebrow in challenge.

"That I do." I nod. I hear the car pull up from the front of the house. "You ready for the dance?" I ask.

He nods. "Yep. You?" I nod.

"Mums here." I turn and make my way for the door before remembering something. I spin on my heel so I'm facing Drake again. "She approves of you." I smirk at his puzzled look before turning back into my room.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"Hey Emmie. How are you?" I ask as I walk towards the living room.

"Fantastic. Really. Couldn't be better." She replies, but with no interest nor enthusiasm.

I frown and plop down next to her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She shakes her head and folds her arms over her developing chest.

"Mmmmhm..." I cock an eyebrow. She isn't fine.

She sighs. "I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact that you tried committing suicide." She blurts out.

How do I explain this to her. I need to fix things with her. I don't want her to go through the same depression state that I went through just because of my stupidity. "I'm sorry." I clasp my hands together and look down. "I did it because I thought I was alone. I got bullied. From year seven all the way through to year twelve. Now." She sits in her seat, not moving and letting everything sink in. "I got physically and verbally bullied and I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to be weak. And I thought that it would make things worse. I was in pain, Emmie. So much pain and it wouldn't stop. I'm sorry about doing that. I don't want you to do anything to yourself because of me. Okay?"

Her mood goes from depressed to chipper. "That's all I wanted to hear. The truth." She smiles and squeezes my hand before pulling herself up to the kitchen.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"You said you wouldn't leave me." I frowned upon Drake. Alison under his arm. I shift my gaze from him to her. "You said you were sorry."

"That was until I realised that you really are the loser I thought you were." She smirks and wraps a hand around Drakes waist.

How could he? He promised me. He said that he wouldn't leave me. Why would he do this to me?

I let my gaze drop back to Drake once more. "Why?" Was all I could muster.

"Because Alison's right, you are a loser. I can't believe I actually liked you." He scoffs, every word bleeding with hate.

Tears well up in my eyes. I hold them back. I can't show them how much they are actually hurting me.

My eyes furrow in sadness and regret. I let him steal my first kiss. I let this cheese ball take my heart, only to have him stomp all over it when he had it.

Inside my chest, is a vacant area, where my heart was. The organ is smashed into a million pieces, all near Drakes foot.

"I-I trusted you." I look down at the ground. "I-I l-loved you." I stammer. I can't believe it.

"That was your fault, not mine." His eyes narrow as I take in every word. "C'mon babe." He says looking down at Alison before stalking off through the hall.

I see them walking into a light. The tears fall freely from my eyes, stinging with regret. Regret of trusting and believing that someone like me could ever have anything with someone like Drake.

I fall to my knees felling weak all over. My eyes shut and I let everything that I ever felt for him fall. Every single tear that leaves my eye is another feeling that I had for him gone.

The light envelopes them and then everything disappears. Vanishing completely. I open my eyes and find myself surrounded by eternal darkness.

"No! No! Please, God no!" I let out a blood curdling scream and pull my hair. "Why did you leave me? Drake? Why!?"

I tightly squeezed the soft pillow as I let the tears roll down my eyes. It was just a dream, nothing but a dream. I had no-one standing by my side.

At that moment my bedroom door swings open, Drake storming through in fear and worry.

He lunges at me and grips me tightly. "What's wrong? Are you okay? Blossom?" He asks franticly.

"I-I'm fine. It was just a dream." I stammer, muttering the last few words.

"That must have been a terrible dream. What happened?" He pulls me at arms length and surveys my face.

"I...um...it...you," I sigh and close my eyes. "It was nothing."

"Blossom." He warns.

"It was stupid." I shake my head and wiggle out of his hold, rubbing the salty tears off my face. One look at him shows me that he thinks whatever I say is anything but stupid. I smile at his persistence. "It was about you...and Alison." I run a hand through my birds nest hair and continue. "We were at school but it was isolated. Only you me and Alison. You were...with her. Like, she was under your arm.  You said, 'You're a loser and I can't believe I actually liked you'." I frown. Even if I know it was all a figment of my imagination, it still felt real to me.

Drake gasps. "No no no! Why would you think that?" I look at him, sending a look that says shut up. He closes his mouth, letting me know I can continue.

"I said that I trusted you," I loved you. "And you said that it was my fault. Then you...left. Everything went black. I was alone. Stuck in a never ending black abyss. I was...lost." Tears begin forming in my eyes again just at the memory. The dream was so vivid. So...real.

He pulls me into another hug and kisses my forehead. "Never. I'd never just pick up and leave. If that ever were to happen, you would be the one leaving me." He lifts me up from my bed and cradles me in his strong arms.

He falls into the bed, me resting on him. My nose is all snotty and my face is no doubt, red and blocky from my recent meltdown.

"Please don't go." I mumble in his chest. The words having so much meaning. I don't want him to ever leave me the way he did in my dream. I don't want him to think so little of me. I want him to care. Call me selfish but it's true. I've been hurt to many times for me to stand another heart break.

"I won't." He kisses my head and pulls the covers over us. I have no idea how he even got here and why my mum didn't come when she heard me in hysterics but I'm not going to ruin the moment.

My eyes grow heavy and then they shut completely. "Sweet dreams Blossom."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

A/N
Hello lovelies. First I would like to say, go follow hharperlee cause she is awesome and my new wattpadian best friend!

These last few chapters are fillers and hopefully by the end of November I will have released the sequel of secret mind called 'secret talent'. It's gonna have Drake, Evangeline, Cassy and Brian in it but the third book that will be released in early February 2017 will have completely different characters. The third book is called 'Secret love'.

At the top are the dresses that Cass and Angie have picked for the senior dance so please check em' out😉

This book is nearing its end sadly. I've grown quite attached to the boom really😂

I've got two more books to finish and I have to start on another book called 'inside the pages' that is coming out next year in 2017, so my schedule is pretty full.

Stay sweet🍭

~Jess🍫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 258 57
"Fuck." He whispers into my neck, sending a thrill of excitement through my body. His lips still smothered kisses over my neck and his hands roamed...
219K 4.9K 58
What would you do if your life turned to complete and utter shit after just one day? Would you breakdown and pray someone held you together? What if...
1.6M 47.4K 50
"Listen Astrid María Johnson, if you really want to get rid of me so bad, go out on a date with me. Just one. And if you didn't like it, then you wil...
12K 1.3K 56
I shut my locker and started making my way towards my next class . I was already late and the hallway was almost empty . I picked up my pace . Sudden...