Secret Mind ✓

By sadlyish

"She's right! She's right! I don't cut in the right spot." My hold tightens on my wrist. The red blood oozes... More

o n e
t w o
Diary entry 3 - Losing a loved one.
Diary entry 4 - Maintaining invisibility.
Diary entry 5 - Four years later.
Diary entry 6 - "Language!"
Diary entry 7 - Just an apple for you today young lady.
Diary entry 8 - "Sit down before you make a scene."
Diary entry 9 - "They're called phones!"
Diary entry 10 - "Is it that time of the month?"
Diary entry 11 - compared to my puny little bump people call muscle.
Diary entry 12 - "You look a little...constipated."
Diary entry 13 - "I'm not living on the moon."
Diary entry 14 - "Drake, I will castrate your balls of you don't stop now."
Diary 15 - "The delinquent that scares all our babysitters away."
Diary entry 16 - My Blossom
Diary entry 17 - "You douche! I said to start on the floor."
Diary entry 18 - She's a broken girl.
Diary entry 19 - "I trust you."
Diary entry 20 - "Best sleep of my life."
Diary entry 21 - I don't know what I'll do if she's gone.
Diary entry 22 - "Pwince charming..."
Diary entry 23 - Flatlined.
Diary entry 24 - Crashing walls.
Diary entry 26 - My nightmare.
Diary entry 27 - We didn't do anything!
Diary entry 28 - "Do you love him?"
Diary entry 29 - Boys!
Diary entry 30 - Graduation
Diary entry 31 - The proposal.
Diary 32 - Epilogue.

Diary entry 25 - Little things.

464 22 3
By sadlyish

'I love your perfect imperfections.' ~Drake Major.

Listen to 'Little things' by one direction for this chapter.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

It's three days till the senior dance. Nobody's asked me yet and I'm not surprised, nor do I really care.

Brian asked Cassy and she said yes and I am really happy for them. I totally shipped them two together since day one. You can tell the way Brian looks at her is completely different from the way he looks at me. When he looks at me, he has a friendly twinkle in his eyes but when he looks at Cassy, you can tell he wants to be more then just friends.

Today after school, Cassy and I are going dress shopping. I told her over the phone that I haven't got a date and that I really just need jeans and a top for performing, but she insisted and that girl is extremely hard to persuade.

The bell rings for free period which I'm gonna spend by doing all the work I missed out on.

I walk to my locker and am greeted by Alison. I haven't heard from her since the message.

"Hey." She smiles sadly at me. I look around her to see if she has her friends with her but she stands alone. That's the first.

"H-hi." I say fearfully. I hold my books tightly to my chest, moral support.

She surprises me by pulling me into a tender hug. My eyes widen in shock and when I don't hug her back she pulls away.

"H-how are you?" She stutters.

I nod my head, unable to let any words slide of my tongue. The message was one thing but now a hug is just mind blowing.

She smiles. "Are you coming to the dance?"

I nod again.

"You're singing, right?"

I stare at her this time, I feel like every bone in my body has rusted and can't move.

She takes a deep breath and waves at me. "Bye." She walks away and looks down. Clearly she was either expecting me to yell at her and confront her or she expected me to down right ignore her.

I stand near my locker starstruck.

Hands wrap around my waist and I yelp. "Boo!"

My head whips around, my ponytail flicking whoever it is behind me in the process. Blue eyes lock with my brown ones and I scrunch my nose up and smile. "Hey!" I try to frown but it comes out more of a grimace. "You scared me half to death!"

"You look very much alive to me." He smirks and kisses my cheek. "C'mon. I'm taking you somewhere." He pulls and my free hand that hangs down near my hip.

"Where?" I raise an eyebrow in question.

"Somewhere. Put your books away and meet me outside near the school gates. I'll be there." He smiles then walks away, disappearing into the sea of people.

I open my locker and neatly put my books in my bag, making sure that my homework is inside the binder pocket. I pull out an apple and a ham and tomato sandwich. I'm eating more then I normally do and my weight is going up slowly. The medicine isn't exactly working but I take it anyway.

I eat my food on the way to the school gates and throw the plastic bag that contained my sandwich in a near bin.

As promised, Drake stands near the school gates, his hands in his pockets and his hair messy yet sexy at the same time.

I smile and jog towards him. "Hey Blossom." He grabs my hand and intertwines our finger together.

He pulls me towards an unfamiliar area.

"Are you gonna kill me?" I ask worriedly.

"Again, if I wanted to, would've done it ages ago." He smirks and pulls me along the yellow path.

Trees surround us and I realise the area as a field. Small daisy flowers cover the grass like a blanket of nature. The area looks healthy and...stunning.

I gasp, my mouth hanging open. My eyes flicker to Drake. "This is breath taking." I remember saying similar words not to long ago when he showed me his backyard. "Where do you find these places?" I marvel.

He shrugs and pulls me along. We sit under a large tree and Drake pulls me onto his lap, his chin resting on my shoulder.

I take in the view. The winter solstice causing the sun to set at an earlier time then normal.

The sky turns a pinky red, making it look like a fire filled sky.

It was sunset. I watched with an unwavering gaze, as a fiery red orb of light slowly sank beneath the horizon, and threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the rolling clouds, dyeing the heavens first orange, then red, then dark blue, until all that was left of the sunset was a chalky mauve, and then that melted away in turn as stygian darkness took over the sky.

Sequin-silver stars like the glowing embers of a dying fire winked down at me, illuminating the atramentous curtain of sky, and then suddenly the clouds parted, and I found myself looking at a lustrous, argent disc casting brilliant rays of moonlight onto the now dark green grounds.

Drake and I gaze in peaceful and relaxed silence, neither one of us daring to talk.

The moment is still and calm.

I smile a small smile as I stare into the distance. Drakes warmth enveloping me and keeping me safe and happy.

Drake begins playing with my fingers in his hands, gently tracing the outsides of them, then moving from my nail to my knuckles. He brings my hand to his lips and plants a sweet and meaningful kiss upon it. My breath hitches in my throat and I relax further into his chest.

"Evangeline?" He asks, my names rolling off his tongue and the way he says it comforts me, makes me feel like he will always be there for me and he won't let me go. He tells me so all the time and I know he will stay true to his word.

"Mmmm?" I hum.

"Do you...ah...do want to go to the dance with me?" He asks nervously and I know by the way he asks, he is scared of rejection, he's scared of me saying no.

"Yes, Drake. I will go to the dance with you." I smile and turn my head to look at him. His eyes already glued to my face. I smile a kiss a soft kiss on his lips.

I feel him smiling and he turns my body, both my legs on on side of his body. My arm hooks around his neck and and his hold one of my hands and the other, coiled around my waist.

We both pull away and breathe in for air. He rests forehead on mine for a moment and then pulls me up.

He pulls his phone out of his pocket and I stare at him with a questioning gaze. He smiles then pulls out his earphones and presses play on a song.

"Here." He gives me one of the ear pieces and I push it in my ear, as he does with the other one.

I recognise the guitar tune and match the song of 'little things' by 1D.

He wraps his arms around my waist and I hold his shoulders in a dancing position. We turn elegantly, our body's in tune with the slow music.

The warmth between us grows more powerful by the second. My heartbeat growing steadily along with it.

Our dance is perfect; everything from our breathing to how our feet moved stayed in sync.

If, by the end of this dance my breath is taken away, I would know the exact reason why.

He begins to sing the lyrics.

"I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile,
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs,
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine,
But I'll love them endlessly."

My eyes that are trained on our feet rise to meet Drakes beautiful ocean blue orbs. They hold so much emotion. Love. Admiration. Caring. Protection. And...scared. His scared. But of what? Is he scared that he may lose me? That I will hurt myself? Is he scared I will leave him?

I force all the feelings I have for him in my eyes and when his lips curve at the ends, I know that he sees how much he means to me, and I see how much I mean to him.

I hum the tune.

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth,
But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to,
I'm in love with you and all, these little thing."

I listen to the lyrics of the words carefully and realise how much I think - thought - of myself like that. He's trying to tell me something through song.

My eyes shut in instinct and I breathe in the cool air, Drakes, minty breath fanning my face.

The song starts to fade and I hear Drake sing the last but audibly, and I join in. "I'm in love with you, And all your little things."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 2.1K 50
Sit up straight. Cross your ankles. Cover your freckles. Only have straight A's. Don't speak unless spoken to. No internet. No friends. No fre...
48 6 4
NOTE: This is a preview for my book that is published and sold on Amazon. I will be posting the first four chapters on here and if you'd like to fini...
1.6M 47.4K 50
"Listen Astrid María Johnson, if you really want to get rid of me so bad, go out on a date with me. Just one. And if you didn't like it, then you wil...
530 32 14
Welcome to the life of a teenager - she's loud, rambunctious, and most likely failing her classes. Microphone has always wanted to play in a band, o...