Racing Hearts

By Sarupreethi

Ranked #125(Romance) as on 14/6/2016 Laugh with me Cry with me Fight with me Walk with me But ne... More

Prologue
Champion!!
My life !! My Passion!!
First meet ;-)
Gotta job!!
Meeting again!!
Only Annoyance ;(
Crazy Fights..!!
Where did you go..??
First Ride》》》
Friends???
Misconceptions :(
What's bothering u??
We're not meant to be :/
Damn you,Neha!
Guilty :/
A shoulder to lean on :)
The Surprise :0 :D :)
Say yes!!
Hurtful love :/
You love me ,I know that ;) :p
Unexpected happenings !!
Too much of family dramas ....
On the wheels!! A kiss in the air :^)
A day to remember ○°♡♡
The Aftermath
Love or Race??
Remorse and Regrets :/
With love ,we parted miles apart ..!!
Chasing dreams 》》》♡
Wished for y♡u , and here y♡u are !!
Wedding bells ☆!!
Off to the city of £○♡€ !!
Each day I ♡ U More!!
Tears of joy & Tears of pain..
In the ~waves~ of change...
Epilogue
AN
Surprise...

My heart belongs to a rider :)

6K 321 66
By Sarupreethi

Sorry guys I couldn't update regularly!! Stressed up in work :(

And here is the chapter !! Hope you enjoy reading!!

Arjun's pov:

"You're asking me to watch cartoons, let me handle you after marriage ", with the waggish thought I let out a dreamy sigh. 
Making me sit alone idly , she fastened to her room to get ready. I sat on the couch tracing my fingers over the buttons of the remote switching between all the channels .

It was really boring. If she had gotten ready as I told her , we would have reached the party hall by now, "She and her laziness", I sighed.

Waking her up daily is one hell of a task for me. Many times I wonder how could she sleep for a whole day. If you ask her Sleep or Arjun ? , her answer would be sleep of course. Every night I would start speaking over to her in phone , the next fifteen to twenty minutes there wouldn't be any response from her side. She will sleep making me talk alone.
That's her ! My Sleeping beauty !

Having lost in my day dreaming ,
I heard the cling sound of a latch being pulled . She pushed the door ajar and paced towards me.
I couldn't control myself from staring her. "Beautiful", I mumbled under my breath without taking my eyes off her.

Lovely ,she looked in that red saree.
Seeing me gawking her like that ,she taunted me. But I didn't bother to take it into my ears . I pulled her into a tight hug and confessed how beautiful she was . She blushed and looked into my eyes with so much love. 
I didn't wanna let her go off my arms. I cupped her chin and traced my fingers over the front fringes that were dangling over her forehead. Shoving away those little strands of hair, I kissed her temples.

We stood there gaping each other until she got cautious and shook me saying , "Arjun , we're getting late, the function would've started by now. Come, let's leave! ".

"Good timing", I groaned.

Thank God, she didn't hear me saying that. She was busy searching for the keys.

I found the keys lying on the floor. I kneeled down and fished the keys, "Go ! I'll lock the door ", I said moving towards the door. We stepped outside. I locked the door and pulled out the key from the keyhole. Only then I noticed the keychain hanging on the keys.

Seeing that keychain , my lips twichted into a wide smile. It had a ducati miniature with these lines etched on the round silver bead ,
My heart belongs to a rider.

It was the same keychain which I specially bought to gift her on her birthday.

"Yeah ,the gift I gave her while proposing . But without accepting the gift she walked away that day, then how did this come here?",I wondered.

She stood near my bike adjusting her saree fleets. I went near her and waved the keychain in front of her eyes, raising my eyebrows in a questioning look.

She smiled saying ,"It's mine ! give that back ! "and snatched it away from my hand.

"When did you start stealing my things ? " , I taunted her with a grin.

"Arjun !! I didn't steal .You got it for me only no? . " she pouted.

I chuckled and asked her," But when and how did you take it from my room?".

"Huhhh ..that.. I went to see your mom few days back. She toured me to your room . I spent the whole day ransacking your room , that time I found this. ", she narrated how she stole my possession with a naughty grin on her face .

"Arjun !! Arjun !! ,Give me your bike keys ", she yelled lending out her hand.
I took the key out of my pockets and placed it on her palm .
I keenly observed her actions.
She fished out something from her tote , it was another key chain. she encircled it over my bike keys and gave it back to me.

"It was the exact replica of the one which I gifted to her except for those words on the round silver bead. Here it was etched as, My heart is stolen already! along with the first letters of our names ".

I smiled heartily seeing that , but to tease her I said ," Copycat !!,
The other day you ruined my surprise , now what's the need for this return gift?" .

Those words were enough .Her face went pale all of a sudden. Her lips twitched down and mumbled these words ,"Sorry for that day Arjun ".

"Am sorry da*, I didn't mean to hurt you.
By the way ,whoever seeing my bike keys will have a frown on their face .",I acknowledged and tried to ease out her mood.

"That's what I need .They must stop shooting lusty glares at you .", she winked.

"No doubt that my stolen heart belongs to you , only you my dear ", those words were more than enough to make her smile .With that we hovered over my bike. I brought the engine to life and the wheels skated on the roads.

Once we reached the venue of the function. She started groaning that we were late.

First one to see us was my mom. She started teasing me ,"Dei* you left from our house even before we got ready , its too early that you reached. Is your roaming sessions done.?".

When I was about to answer her, Neha interrupted ," No aunty. It's because of me. I just overslept , so he had to wait for me . Sorry aunty ",she apologised.

" Dei* now itself  you have her full support...
Look , she is not even letting me scold you .Very lucky Arjun! ", my mom teased me again chuckling heavily .

"Mom please !! Stop teasing .You itself take care of your daughter in law,
I'm leaving" , I said and strode towards Dave and Harry who were checking out the last minute arrangements. Three of us started our chit chats.

Neha's pov:

The ceremony began with prayers and verses in a authentic christian tradition . The baby was christined as Ricardo Huxley.

I had a wonderful time with my family members. Angel and Tina anni* were very friendly with me. Amidst of our girls gala , my eyes didn't fail to stare Arjun every now and then. Arjun along with Dave and Harry anna* were filling the surroundings with their laughter and giggles.

Dave anna's first kid Ria become so much attached to me. She didn't leave my hands even for a tiny second.

In the meantime I saw Arjun holding baby Ric in his arms. He looked so like a father with a baby in his hands. An automatic smiled flashed my eyes on seeing him playing with the tiny fingers of the baby.
He inserted his fore finger into the tiny hold of the baby's fingers. He was really cute while fondling the little one.

While gazing his cute actions with the little one, I heard an alluring voice spelling my name, "NEHA" from behind.
I swiveled around to see who that was.
I was surprised to see Arjun's dad Krishna uncle standing behind me.

I wished him a 'hello' pollitely and waited for his response .

"Hello ma ! How are you ?" , he asked.

"Fine uncle! How about you ?",I asked in return.

"Fine ma . By the way, I called you to discuss something important ",was all he said.

"Uhmm yes uncle,What's the matter?" I asked looking at him with eagerness and curiosity .

"Not now ma . It's not the right place to talk about it . Can you come to my Crompet office on monday morning by 11.00 a.m?" , he asked.

"Okay uncle sure!", I agreed to meet him. But thousands of questions were running inside my tiny brain . A part of me was nudging to know the reason.

Before I hurry myself to ask another question he told , "But don't let Arjun know about this". Now I become really confused and very much tempted to know the reason.

"About what uncle? " I enquired out of curiosity.

He stroked his hair with a serious look , before he came forward to answer my question, Arjun came from nowhere shouting out,
"Neha what are you doing here ?
I am searching for you everywhere around ."

Seeing his dad standing next to me, he got bewildered and asked us,"What's going on? What are you both secretly discussing about?".

His father urged and replied ,"Nothing Arjun . I just enquired about her well being " .
I too faked a smile and agreed to what his dad said.

"Ok dad" , he answered him and turned towards me saying ,"Dave 's mom was searching for you". I walked along with him to the entrance in the thoughts of his dad's weird behaviour.
"What does he hide from Arjun ?", I was very curious to know.

"Ma* why where you searching me??", I asked to Dave's mom.

"Nothing dear .We are planning to leave. Tomorrow is sunday right?  ,Are you coming along with us to stay there?" , She asked.

"Hmmmm. No ma I can't come to stay there this week. I have some work tomorrow.But I promise, I'll come next week ", I assured.

I had a lots of household at home.Nearly a month's dirty clothes were waiting for me to wash them . If I go there this week my house would become a garbage land. So I opted to visit them later.

"Okay then we are leaving ma.Take care. Call me often." , she said placing a kiss on my forehead.

After waving goodbye to everyone,
I left with Arjun .

It was almost two in the afternoon when we started back , just imagine a bike ride in the hot sun . Rides in chennai traffic are really mazy at this hour and being draped in a saree was another burden to me.
To be precise , it was a clumsy ride in that hot sucking weather.

He dropped me at home. Signaling me to leave inside , he accelerated his bike and took a turn . Turning his head slightly , he gazed me.
Some weird feeling crept into me and I had no heart to leave him.

"Arjun " , I screeched when he was about to leave.

Hearing me call out his name ,he stopped the bike with a sudden jolt.I ran to him and hugged him from the side. He looked at me surprised.

Holding his arms I told, "Arjun don't go .Stay for some more time.".

"Pleaseeeeeeee ", I pouted.

"Go inside dear . It's really hot here. I'll call you over phone once I reach home", he assured me and asked me to leave.

But somehow I didn't wanna let Arjun leave so I kept a puppy dog face and started pleading again," Arjun please ,we don't have to stand here. Come we'll sit inside and talk", I winked at him. I am not going to leave him that soon.

He gave me a strange look . I could clearly see a smirk on his face.

"Arjun pleaseeeeeeeeee",I squealed again curling down my lips. And that was enough for him to get down from his bike.
I smiled heartily showing all my thirty two tooth.
He looked at me with a grin and groaned ,"Using your puppy pout you make me agree to whatever you ask for."
I smiled winking my eyes. Interwinging  my arms over his ,we strode towards the door.

The minute we entered the living room of my house, Arjun flumped on to the couch .
I grabbed my pyjamas and tshirt from the cupboard and went to get changed .Splashing some water over my face ,I refreshed myself and got changed.
I flumped next to him and snuggled resting my head to the crook of his neck ,wrapped my arms around his chest. He cuddled me in his soothing embrace.

We spent time watching tv holding onto each other. After a while we got bored and he starting yawning.
Seeing that I hitted him with the cushion and snarled, "Arjun don't sleep".

"And now who is saying that , my sleeping beauty?? " ,he teased me.

"Wait Arjun I'll show you something ", I said and came back with a few albums.

We started flipping through the pages of my childhood albums. He said I looked cute and bubbly when I was a kid. He taunted seeing few pictures in which I looked very funny.

"Hey I love this picture", he said taking that picture out of the album. He kept that picture into his wallet.
That picture was the one in which I sat over my appa's bullet, imitating as if riding the bullet with my little hands .

" Crazy for bikes!!! In that hundred pictures we came across ,this is the one you like ", I sighed faking my anger.

Without minding what I said he enquired, "Whose Royal Enfield is that?".

"I guessed your next question  would be this ", I mumbled and answered, "Dad's bike it is !!. He loves to ride bikes like you.
Long bike rides with dad during weekends are so much fun you know! Those days are good to reminisce now. "

"Uhmmm", he listened to me with all ears.

"Seriously the first time when you took me for a ride, I felt a extremely happy and it reminded my dad ", I uttered seeing his eyes with lot of love and compassion.

"But where is that bullet now?", He asked.

"I had to sell it to my pay my last year college fees", I replied in a withered tone cuddling him.

"Am sorry !! "he uttered holding me in his warm embrace.

"Arjun you know I had a wish .
I wanted to ride a superbike once in my lifetime . It's my big time wish .Whenever I ask my dad to teach me to ride the bullet , he wouldn't , saying that I can't balance , it's not safe blah blahh.", I told him my crazy wish.

"Hahaaaa your dad is right!", he chuckled.

"Shhh don't support him", I nudged him.

He giggled.

"Arjun !!! Why don't you teach me to ride ? " , I said with a lot of excitement in my eyes.
He mustn't have expected me to ask this. He gave me a why-dear kind of look.

"Only once Arjun !  Pleaseeeeeeee...
It's my life time wish Arjun" ,I begged.

I thought he would'nt agree .But he nodded his head acknowledging that he would teach me to ride.

"Really ?? Or just for name sake you are assuring it? ", I asked him without belief.

"Don't you believe me?? Is there anything that I haven't fulfilled? " ,he asked in a promising tone.

"Thanks Arjun !!", I muttered and rushed to his face to peck his cheeks.

Pecking his cheeks , I screamed in joy," Yayyy I am going to ride your ducati ".

He smiled and fondled my hair placing a soft peck on my cheeks.

I rested my head on his lap and settled on the couch encircling my hands over his torso ,while he sat upright and laced his fingers through my hair . I felt warm and contented in his magic touches , I didn't have a clue when I dozed off. 

I was awaken by Arjun with a cup of coffee in his hands , I got up bringing the cushion to my chest.

"When I am here ,you don't dare to hug the cushion ", he smirked.

"Who asked you to get up ?.Now you lost your chance , I'll hug only this ", I said hugging it more close.To irritate him was fun.

With a annoyed look he said, "Drink this !", and handed over the coffee cup to me.

An appealing smile rushed on my lips.

"There are posibilities the coffee may suck, since this is my first trial.
I just experimented the YouTube videos I gone through . ", he winked .

I sipped the coffee and saw him  waiting for my reaction. I giggled and replied," Coffee tastes good Arjun ".

"Is it!!  Give, let me taste ", he said in excitement,  snatched the coffee cup from me and took a sip in.

How was the chap?? I know it's just a filler chap ! Did you like Arjun - Neha moments?
Sorry if I bored you!

Da, Dei ,Ma -Endearing words in Tamil
Anna - Brother in Tamil
Appa-Dad in Tamil

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 126K 80
The worst mistake that Sneha could do was to save a girl from getting assaulted. That is because the girl whom she saved was none other than the sist...
93.9K 11.8K 44
Have you ever thought ..."what if" two crazy, mad, workaholic, self obsessed people get married without knowing their profession and only on the si...
3.7K 326 17
This is the same story in which there are so many twists and turns, there is a game of revenge, there is a drama of love, there are races of cars or...
19.3K 1.4K 60
Just a regular love story with a hint of royalty. Vikram Pratap Singh is the king of Udaigarh. Charming, intelligent and good with the ladies. All in...