There Once Was A Derek & Lia...

Galing kay xWorkInProgressx

Kahlia Reinhart and Derek Palmer's friendship was effortless. By the time she was 5 they were inseparable. ... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69

Chapter 49

105 5 3
Galing kay xWorkInProgressx

PLS PUT YOUR PLAYLIST HERE

"Surprise is key in all art." - Oscar Niemeyer

I couldn't believe what I was reading. How could she be so irresponsible?! Regardless of who she was sleeping with before she was arrested on those prostitution charges, she should have been more careful!

I felt so betrayed.

My voice began to quiver. "She's dumb." Tears rolled down my cheek. "She has to be the stupidest person I know."

An innocent baby will be born into a dysfunctional household.

She's selfish!

This baby will not be able to defend itself. He or she will say the word drunk before mom. This baby will not have a mother to rely on or a father to run to.

Nothing will be different.

My mother can promise the world to the baby but at the end of the day she's still sick.

I've tried to help her and that failed.

Rehab tried too and she had to go to jail.

I wiped my tear stained cheeks with the back of my hand then ripped the letter in half. "I'm not raising a baby for her, Marie. This baby deserves better. Please tell me you can do something. Please!"

"I've left a voice mail with her lawyer. We'll have to wait to hear from him."

**

I listened to Marie and Mrs. Palmer talk as I laid on the couch in the living room. Mrs. Palmer wrapped me in a blanket when she thought I had fallen asleep while they discussed the situation.

I wouldn't be able to sleep now even if I wanted to. My life has changed again.

I stayed quiet as I listened to them.

"Mrs Reinhart is a good woman but she's lost, Marie. I don't know how comfortable I feel knowing she may be able to raise this child in her current state."

"I agree, that's why I already tried to reach her lawyer. I'd like to know what her plans are for this baby. She has options she should consider."

"Sounds like she wants to keep it," I thought to myself. "She's already made her choice."

"Mrs. Palmer our jails in British Columbia don't offer programs for mothers to raise their babies behind bars. If Mrs. Reinhart refuses to put up the baby for adoption he or she will be put in government care till her release. She'll have to give up her parental rights until she's served her time."

"Surely my husband and I could petition to take in the baby since Kahlia is staying with us. The courts would try to keep them together correct?"

"The courts try to keep siblings together but it is ultimately their call."

"I'd like to see that Kahlia and her sibling are together."

"I'll try my best, Mrs. Palmer. You must know though that Kahlia's mom could protest against your family taking in the new baby. She may chose to have the baby in foster care till her release."

I feel like that is something she would do out of spite of them.

I hope she makes only the right decisions from this point on. She needs to give the baby a stable home and life. If she can't do that then the baby needs to be placed in the care of people who can.

She needs to get the baby looked at too. She's missed out on prenatals and check-ups. There could be complications.

**

"Lia." Derek whispered, sitting on the edge of the couch. He put his arm around my back and kissed my head. "Hey. Turn 'round."

"Leave me in misery." I mumbled against the couch. "I've got important things I need to deal with."

"Hey, we'll figure it out."

"We can't. Just like we can't change the fact you agreed to this stupid bet."

"Ouch. Listen we just need to get past graduation."

"We're screwed. I'm screwed. And--my baby brother or sister has no chance." I cried then. I was the worst big sister in the world. "I--can't fix this.. I haven't even met the b-baby yet and I'm already letting it down."

"Shhh." Derek climbed in behind me and tugged me backwards so my back pressed against his chest. "Don't hide your tears from me."

I buried my face in my hands continuing to weep.

"Hey, your gonna be a great sister." He kissed my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my chest. "You'll be there."

I removed my hands from my face and sniffling, wiping my tears away. "She can't care for a baby when she can't take care of herself. S--she's got no job with health benefits. I can't even remember the last time she cleaned a house."

"Lia, the courts will take one look at her history and that will be all they need to take the baby away."

"I don't want them to send the baby off to somewhere in the states." I flipped onto my other side so I was face to face with him. "I want to be there for my sibling, Derek. It won't work if he or she is off in Hawaii somewhere."

With a caress of his thumb, Derek eased a lock of hair behind my ear. "Everythin ' works out the way it's suppose to."

"My life has been a series of disappointments. My dad left. My mom turned to alcohol. Now I've got a sister or brother on the way who may end up in the very situation I was in. I wouldn't wish that on anybody, Derek. All I want is for that baby to be happier the I ever was."

"I know."

"As for your little bet I still have to come up with a way to save your ass without ending up in a nude photo shoot myself."

"I said not to worry about that." He interjected.

"Well I am because--" I admit with a small smile, "I want you to be successful in whatever you do. That won't happen if Spellman threatens to blacklist you in the football community."

He said he wanted to be in the NFL more than anything in the world.  I need to ensure his dream happens.

Derek furrowed his brow. "I'm not sleepin' with you, Lia."

"I know, genius. I wouldn't let you." I was a little insulted that he got the impression that I would submit to a ridiculous idea. I wasn't going to sleep with anyone. "We need an idea before this gets any worse."  I pressed my hand flat against his chest. "What if something happens and he forces himself on me.." The last thing I want to think of but he can be a scary guy.

His chest turned rigid underneath my hand. His entire body tensed. "Stay away from him."

"I know that. It's not like I hang out with him after school."  I swallowed. "Do you think he would? You know---do something like that. You've seen him with other girls."

"He knows our history, Lia."

"Then--all we need to do is pretend like we can't stand each other. He was happy when you hated me."  I hit his arm. "Hate me."

Derek clutched my wrist with his hands. "It's too late. He already thinks somethings up."

So we basically have no hope. I don't believe that.

"There's got to be a way to convince him."

"You'd have to go to him."

A/N: What would you to wart off the attention of a highschool playboy? Comment below.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

616 42 10
When your best friend and the guy who you thought would be your "the one" betrays you- you would have no more expectations from life. But a few thin...
449 51 16
People say when you are in love you become blind but in love you don't only become blind you forget to breathe but yet you feel the most alive ; Isab...
4.5K 495 37
[Sequel to "Futile"] He didn't think he would ever want to experience love again after his first heartbreak. He was far too sure he wasn't ready for...
24 1 1
Cyrielle Guzana came with her mother to her mother's friend's party. There she met a boy close to her age and became friends. Just as she woke up in...