Secret Mind ✓

By sadlyish

"She's right! She's right! I don't cut in the right spot." My hold tightens on my wrist. The red blood oozes... More

o n e
t w o
Diary entry 3 - Losing a loved one.
Diary entry 4 - Maintaining invisibility.
Diary entry 5 - Four years later.
Diary entry 6 - "Language!"
Diary entry 7 - Just an apple for you today young lady.
Diary entry 8 - "Sit down before you make a scene."
Diary entry 9 - "They're called phones!"
Diary entry 11 - compared to my puny little bump people call muscle.
Diary entry 12 - "You look a little...constipated."
Diary entry 13 - "I'm not living on the moon."
Diary entry 14 - "Drake, I will castrate your balls of you don't stop now."
Diary 15 - "The delinquent that scares all our babysitters away."
Diary entry 16 - My Blossom
Diary entry 17 - "You douche! I said to start on the floor."
Diary entry 18 - She's a broken girl.
Diary entry 19 - "I trust you."
Diary entry 20 - "Best sleep of my life."
Diary entry 21 - I don't know what I'll do if she's gone.
Diary entry 22 - "Pwince charming..."
Diary entry 23 - Flatlined.
Diary entry 24 - Crashing walls.
Diary entry 25 - Little things.
Diary entry 26 - My nightmare.
Diary entry 27 - We didn't do anything!
Diary entry 28 - "Do you love him?"
Diary entry 29 - Boys!
Diary entry 30 - Graduation
Diary entry 31 - The proposal.
Diary 32 - Epilogue.

Diary entry 10 - "Is it that time of the month?"

620 31 0
By sadlyish

"Aren't you gonna eat anything?" Drake inquires, taking huge bites of his chicken sandwich that I made him.

I shake my head gracefully, a small smile playing on my lips. "I ate when I got home." I lie.

"Oh. How much did you eat then? It must have been a lot." He comments.

Ouch!

My eyes widen a bit as I mumble "Yeah. I know I'm fat. No need to rub it in." I play with the hem of my cardigan.

"Sorry?" Drake questions, seating his sandwich on the plate.

"Nothing." I shake my head again.

"I mean, you must have had a lot to eat to not be hungry." He shrugs, finishing the food.

"What?" Before Drake can respond, my phone buzzes. On the screen it has a no caller ID on it.

I slide on my phone and open up the new text.

Unknown sender: Hey pig. Hope ur not eating. Ur fat enough as it is. Don't wanna have to go shopping for another pair of skinny jeans, do you? Oh wait! You can't go to the shops. You have no one to take you! Poor little bitch.
-A

I turn my phone off and swiftly place it on the countertop.

"Who was that?" Drake asks, turning the tap on and washing his plate. I close my eyes, stopping the tears that are threatening to fall out of my eyes any minute.

"No one. I'm...I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I say shakily. They say that silence is a girls lushest scream. I take that into account and imagine myself screaming from the rooftops.

Before Drake can question further I race for the stairs, slamming my bathroom door shut as I curl up in a ball and lean on the door.

My tears soak my face, snot oozing out of my nose.

I cry without having control over my body.

Shaking violently.

I wipe the tears off my face and stumble toward the mirror cabinet. I pull out my razor and slide it against my scarred wrist.

One for my being ugly, one for my being fat, one for not being smart, one for begin alone, and one for good measure.

Slash after slash, my scarlet coloured blood slides down my skin and falls on the brown tiles of my bathroom. "Shoot." I mumble shakily.

I wrap my wrists in a bandage and wipe the floor clean with toilet paper.

I wash my face with soap and water and dry it with my badge coloured towel.

I unlock my door and scurry down the stairs, covering my arms with my cardigan.

I crash into something hard and my gaze settle on the electric blue eyes of non other then Drake Major.

"S-sorry." I mange, my voice still weak from crying.

"Hey. Are you alright? You were taking forever and I thought something may have happe-"

"I'm fine! Okay? No need to get all drastic." I roll my eyes in anger. Drakes mouth has turned into a gaping hole.

"Now, if you're finished eating, I would like to get this project finished." I talk bitterly and slide around him.

"Are you really alright? Oh my god! Is it that time of the month?" He gasps loudly covering his mouth with his hands.

I freeze and turn to him in disgust. My face scrunches up as I say "Ewww no! Why would you even ask me that?"

His face turns a deep red. "I-I just thought that-"

"You thought that because I'm getting moody, I've got my period!" I grumble loudly. "Ugh! I'll never get boys." I through my hands up in the air and stumble to the living room.

I through myself on the cushiony couch and watch as Drake slowly makes his way to sit next to me, his face covered in utter shock.

"Um, okay. So I want to get videos of you doing your normal daily stuff." He suggests.

"Okay. But it will be pretty boring seeing as I only really read and do homework." I shrug, bringing my legs to my chest.

"Well that is gonna change now that 'da sexy male model' is here." He pumps his chest out and does that super man pose.

I giggle a little. "Sexy male model? Is that what you are?" I question, raising an eyebrow.

"Well of coarse. What else would I be?"

"Your ego stinks really badly." I fan my nose for good measure.

"Oh well. Better get used to it." He shrugs.

I stare into his captivating blue orbs. Seconds later I find myself getting lost in them.

"Maybe I could spice up your life a little." He interrupts with a husky tone on.

I pull my gaze away from his and eye my nails. "Good luck with that."

"On Friday get dressed in something nice. I'm taking you out." He orders.

"Please." I tell him.

He rolls his eyes. "Please come with me on Friday to have fun for once."

I feign hurt. "Ouch. What are you saying Major? I'm not fun?" I point at his chest.

He takes a massive gulp and I laugh. "Ah...er...you-you know."

I pull away, a cheeky smile on my face. When I see he stares at me with a shocked expression on his face, my smile slowly fades. "It's a joke. You know, when people laugh."

He sits in place, his mouth gradually closing. "I mean yeah. A-a...joke." He stutters, his blue eyes staring into my brown eyes.

I stare down at my lap and we sit in an awkward silence.

"It's getting late. You should probably go." I look up and find him already staring at me. I blush and his blank expression turns into a conceited smile.

"Aww. Growing tired of me already?" He questions.

I shove him as he pulls himself off the couch. "Goodbye Drake." I say as I open the front door.

He turns around and gives me a genuine smile; one that is way more beautiful then the smirks he always wears.

"Bye Blossom." He turns around and walks to his car, pulling out of the driveway and into the dark road ahead.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

"Wanna come to my house tonight? Me and Brian are gonna watch scream!" Cassy calls out from the other end of the line.

I roll my eyes at her behaviour. "Is Brian gonna hide under the blanket like last time?"

I hear Cassy snicker. "I can't say. That boy is unpredictable."

"Alright. Come pick me up at 6." I comment.

"Girl. You still haven't gotten your licence?"

"I'm taking another test next week." I shrug and flick through my chemistry book.

"Who's car are you using?"

"Mum and dad said they'll buy me one, but, you and I both know they can't keep there end of the deal." I slam the book shut and open my exercise book.

It's true. When I was 15, they promised to get me a paint set. In the end I got fancy clothes that I never wear.

"Yeah. You saving then?" She questions.

"No amount of savings money could buy me a car. It doesn't matter though. Hey. I'm gonna get ready. Talk to you later." I peel my top off my olive skin.

"Yeah. Bye." She sends her farewells and the line clicks dead.

I quickly undress myself and turn on the warm water, my scars in plain sight.

As the water falls on my fresh scars, I grimace in pain and suck up a whole lot of air.

At that moment, Alison's text flutters in my mind.

Ur fat enough as it is. You can't go to the shops. You have no one to take you! Poor little bitch.

I don't even realise that I'm crying until I slide down to the floor in the shower.

I turn the water off and cry my heart out.

My life sucks.

"Ugh! I wanna die. Just kill me now." I cry into my small hands as they run over my oval face.

The door bells rings and I immediately hold my breath.

I slowly get up and wrap the milky white towel around my body.

Pulling on my black jeans, blue and white long sleeved top and tying on my white converse, I scurry down the stairs and pull open the door, revealing my 2 parents.

"Mum, dad!" I run into their arms and pull them into a tight, warm, loving embrace. "How was the trip?" My mood suddenly enlightens.

I love my parents and even though they are never home that doesn't mean I love them any less. Besides I'm not one for holding grudges.

My mums expensive perfume scent fills the air, mixed with my dad's Italian cologne.

"I was great." My mum gushes happily, kissing the top of my forehead.

"It was okay." My dad shrugs after kissing my cheek.

He's not really one for showing emotions and I guess I inherited some of his genes. I am very good at concealing my emotions and I'm thankful for that but it doesn't make me any less weak then I already am. 

My parents slowly make there way upstairs after our greetings and I follow behind them.

"I'm going to Cassy's. We're watching a movie. Is that okay?" I inquire.

"Sure but be back for curfew. 10 o'clock, okay?" My mum states sternly.

"Okay. Cas is picking me up in" I look down at my watch and the time reads 5:52. "Eight minutes."

"Alright. Are your sisters at Aunt Lily's?"

"Yeah. She's been taking them to school and all so..." I shrug it off and make my way to my room.

I pick up my book and begin soaking up the words that leak off the page and insert themselves in my mind. My imagination playing up. I get sucked up in the book, somewhat sharing the emotions that the character is feeling. I feel like I am part of the character; I'm in my own world that only I can enter; no matter how hard someone try's to penetrate, they can't break through.

My thoughts are interrupted when my phone buzzes crazily.

I pick my phone up and slide across the answer button.

"Hello?" I quiz.

"Hey Angie. It's Brian."

"Oh. Hey Bry! What's up?" I chirp happily at the sound of my best friends voice.

"So, we aren't watching scream by any chance...are we?" He chokes on his words.

"We may or may not be watching scream." I shrug.

"Well. I vote against watching that movie. Can't we watch something normal like..." He pauses to ponder. "Like Spider-Man."

"Cassy decides in the end so talk to her. Oh speaking of Cassy...is she almost here?"

"She should be pulling into your driveway now. We are getting pizza. You guys are picking it up. Okay?" He endorses.

"Yeah whatever." A car horn blows and I find myself slowly making my way down the stairs. "Bye."

"Bye." The line clicks dead as I open the passenger seat to Cassy's black jeep wagon.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

The rest of the night remains uneventful.

Brian was too scared to watch scream so we settled on watching Captain America.

I would catch him looking at Cassy admiringly and then before she would turn to face him his gaze would settle on the Tv, a pink tinting his cheeks that she had aught him staring.

"So. You've got a thing for Cassy?" I whisper in Brian's ear quietly. I'm no expert in the love category but I know that those states are not one that a friend would give another friend.

He scoffs. "Pft. No! What makes you think that?" He questions, pulling his eyes away from the tv and settling on me.

"Oh gee. I don't know. Maybe the fact that your always staring at her in a loving way." I announce quietly, Cassy oblivious to the fact that Brian and I are talking about her.

"I-I just don't want to ruin our friendship. I like the way it is. And anyway, she likes chase." He spits out Chases name.

I mentally face palm. This is like one of those cliché movie scenes when the guy falls for his best friend and then he disregards his feelings but in the end gets the girl.

Right?

I laugh silently. "You have no idea how cliché you sound right now." I voice my thoughts.

"Hey. Does anyone want this last slice of pizza?" Cassy interrupts our whisper argument.

"Nah." We both say simultaneously.

She hoists the cheesy goodness into her mouth and takes a huge bite of it, her eyes glued to the movie currently playing.

After the movie, Cassy drives me home and I arrive at 9:37. I sneak up to my room, being careful of waking anyone up.

I slide into my sisters bedroom and find the two little girls curled up in their warm cosy beds. I smile at the sight and turn to my room. Slipping on my pyjamas, I slowly make my way to my bed and cocoon myself in the cream coloured blankets.

The darkness of the night silently pulling me into a silent slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 541 59
(FINISHED WRITING, BEING REVISED!) An only child, by the name of Nathaniel, has a very unfortunate life. Unpopular, bullied, and outcasted by everyon...
353K 7.9K 39
Haley Jacobs is not your typical teenager. Her once perfect life, long gone. She has gone through hell and back, and is barely hanging on by a thr...
46 6 4
NOTE: This is a preview for my book that is published and sold on Amazon. I will be posting the first four chapters on here and if you'd like to fini...
464 31 13
Welcome to the life of a teenager - she's loud, rambunctious, and most likely failing her classes. Microphone has always wanted to play in a band, o...