The Twins • Book One • Wattys...

By bossomeCatQueen

"Alright then." I respond. "Let's go." We walk to the edge of the hill, about to run down, and we stop cold... More

Author's Note
Prologue- The Dream
Chapter 1- The Village
Chapter 2- The Attack
Chapter 3- The Hostages
Chapter 4- The Cabin
Chapter 5- The Truth
Chapter 6- The Portal
Chapter 7- The Meeting
Chapter 8- The Connection
Chapter 9- The Others
Chapter 10- The Change
Chapter 11- The Plan
Chapter 12- The Preparation
Chapter 13- The Discussion
Chapter 14- The Shift
Chapter 15- The Pain
Chapter 16- The Start
Chapter 17- The Castle
Chapter 18- The Fight
Chapter 19- The Rage
Chapter 20- The Rest
Chapter 21- The Stitches
Chapter 23- The Mourning
Chapter 24- The Powers
Chapter 25- The Nightmare
Chapter 26- The Cold
Chapter 27- The Newbie
Chapter 28- The Realm
Chapter 29- The Sadness
Chapter 30- The Concern
Chapter 31- The Birthday
Chapter 32- The Finale
Epilogue- The Wolf
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter- The Spring
Bonus Chapter - The Movies
Bonus Chapter- The First
Bonus Chapter- The Vision
Bonus Chapter- The Prayer

Chapter 22- The Shouts

573 59 10
By bossomeCatQueen

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Nia's POV

"Nia, wake up." A soothing voice calls to me. I grunt and ignore it, staying in my blissful sleep.

"Nia! Wake up! We are here, come on!" A voice shrilly squeals in excitement, making my eyes fly open.

"Of course she'd be the one that wakes you up." Saber grumbles. I look up at him from my position in his arms and laugh lightly at the angry look on his face.

"It's only because she squealed so high pitched." I clarify. Saber hoots with laughter, happy that it was simply the pitch of Ivy's voice that woke me. Ever since they rescued me, they have been getting on each other's nerves and fighting over me.

Flashback:

"Ivy, what do you think you are doing?!" I hear Saber exclaim in anger in my sleep, and my eyes fly open. He's standing in front and a bit below me, and I'm in somebody's arms.

"Saber? What's going on? Why am I on the stairs?" I look at who's carrying me and I see Ivy. "Why is Ivy carrying me?"

"That's what I'd like to know." Saber growls menacingly. Ivy growls back

"She needs fresh air, not to be cooped up in that room with you!"

"Have you ever considered the fact that if she wanted fresh air she'd ask to be taken outside, and if she wanted to stay 'cooped up' in her room, she would! Oh wait, that's what she was doing!" Saber yells at Ivy.

"How would you know if she wants fresh air or not?" Ivy replies  with a snotty attitude. Saber groans in irritation. It's coming off of him in waves, Ivy really riles him up.

"We're connection mates, I can tell what she is feeling, and I know her strongest thoughts, like how she's comfortable in her room with me!"

"She's comfortable being there because that's all she knows! Nia needs a change of scenery!" Ivy insists and tries to push Saber out of the way.

"What would that change of scenery be, back on the hard dining room table with no comfort? Or cramped in the guest room with 5 other girls? Or moving back and forth from the two all day!" Saber argues. This is getting so ridiculous. I'm tired of their bickering, it's just making me angry, and I should be in bed, asleep, not dealing with two year olds.

"Both of you, shut up now and let me speak! I am the one that this affects, not either of you!" I whip my head up to look at Ivy.

"First off, you! How dare you take me out of my bed, my comfort zone, when I am sleeping and unaware, and without my permission! I stay in my room because I need to feel comfortable while my body heals, and I need to be in a soft bed with my own space! And before you try and argue, how is sleeping in the same bed as Saber your own space, he only sleeps in the bed with me if I want him to! Most nights he sleeps on the floor next to my bed as a tiger, then wakes up and brings me breakfast and sits next to me on the bed while we talk!"

"And you!" I continue to yell in anger, but directing it at Saber. "Stop being so mean to my sister, she has good intentions and wants me to heal, even if she's going about it the wrong way! Now both of you stop arguing and let me decide what's best for me! I don't know why you guys always fight!"

"Ivy, if you are so annoyed because I spend a lot of time with Saber, well newsflash, it's because I don't want to be alone and bored, I need company! Saber knows this, and does exactly that, keeps me company! He has never hurt me, he always takes great care in avoiding scratches and broken bones. If you want to hang out, then come see me! If you want to see me alone, just ask! Saber can hang out with Wolf or whatever he does while I sleep, it's no big deal! Now one of you take me back to my bed and the other get me a cold glass of water with some pain pills please!"

Ivy turns around and walks back up the stairs while Saber goes back down to the kitchen. Ivy places me gently back on my bed, not uttering a peep, and Saber soon walks in with a glass of water and two pain pills.

"Thank you both. Now, please don't disturb me, I need to get some more sleep." Saber leans down and kisses my cheek, and walks out after Ivy. I sigh, and quickly fall back into my dreamless bliss.

End of Flashback

"Nia, look! We're back at your village! This place looks so cool, I can't wait to explore! Can I go now?" Ivy exclaims, jumping up and down in excitement. Wolf laughs and puts his hands on her shoulders, calming her down enough that she stops bouncing.

"Let's show you where our house is first, then you can explore as much as you want." Uncle Alaric says, chuckling with Aunt Meredith.

"Fine." Ivy sighs, but continues to chatter non-stop as we head to my childhood home. When we get to the end of the road, I look up at Saber.

"Saber, please let me down, I want to try and walk again." My knee has been steadily healing, since all supernaturals heal a bit quicker than humans. I can now kind of walk, even though it's more like a limp.

"Okay, but I'll stay close by in case you fall. You're healing well, I don't want you to fall and set your recovery back further." Saber gently puts me on my own two feet, making sure I'm steadily standing, before removing his hands from my sides. Once he does, I miss his touch, but dismiss the feeling quickly. I know we are connection mates and all, but I don't need him to be touching me constantly. That's ridiculous.

I take hesitant steps forward, and I soon have a normal pace going, only slightly limping.

"Hey Saber, want to visit Mom Kate and Dad Travis?" I ask with a smirk. When we were little, like now, we were inseparable, and would always be sleeping at his house or mine, never in separate houses. So, his house was home to me as much as my actual house was, and it was the same with Saber. So, we decided to call both of our parents Mom and Dad, but add their names at the end.

"Yes, of course!" He smiles back at me, relishing in the sweet memories. We start to walk down the road to his house, and we wave bye behind us and shout at the same time

"Bye Dad Alaric and Mom Meredith!" which then causes us to dissolve into childish giggles, making my still bruised ribs hurt. It's still great to laugh and have little sweet moments to look back on though.

When we get to his house very soon after, we walk in and a horrible metallic scent floods my nostrils.

"No." I murmur, my hand to my chest as we slowly walk into the living room to see the devastation. Blood is spattered everywhere, and there's a lot, like the death was dragged out. Slowly.

The stench of death hangs in the air and I see the mutilated bodies of Travis and Kate. I choke back a sob, hyperventilating and fighting to breathe. Their bodies look like mine did before I healed, absolutely torn into shreds, barely any skin. This must have happened yesterday or the day before. It was... recent.

Saber is silent and simply standing there, looking at the destroyed bodies of his parents. I sink down to the floor, tears streaming down my face. They were like parents to me. I can't believe I will never be teased by Travis again, I'll never hear him and Alaric laugh together, I'll never see Kate and Meredith gossiping and giggling as they watch the younger ones...

Oh no. Not the kids.

I run upstairs to their rooms, and see a similar sight in Tigerlily's room. Clint and Tigerlily are - were - twins, and were very close. Clint probably heard what was going on downstairs and rushed in here to try and protect his sister. They were both 9. Just 9. Leona, being the oldest out of the three at 14, must have tried to save them. But, their little bodies are ripped to shreds. Blood is absolutely everywhere. I can't even smell their scents anymore, not over the stench of fear, blood and death.

This had to have been the Dark Hounds, nothing but claws can make these jagged marks that are even worse than mine.

"No. Not them, no! Not children! Not my little siblings... my parents... no." I hear Saber exclaim in shock behind me, and I turn to look at him. He's kneeling on the floor, tears streaming freely out of his eyes. "She killed them!" He howls, banging his fist against the floor.

"Saber, please calm down, and come with me." I say softly, fighting back the emotional floodgate I really want to let loose. I need to be strong for Saber right now though, so the best I can allow is silent tears racing down my cheeks. Saber looks up at me, looking like he's about to explode. Grabbing his hands, I pull him up so he is standing and we walk out of the house into the forest surrounding the village. I take him to our hill, the one that we were on the morning this all started.

Once we are on top of the hill, I bring Saber into a massive hug and let the emotions flow, sobbing into his shirt. He screams in pain, turning it into a mournful roar. I add my own voice to it. They were all beautiful souls, and didn't deserve to die so horribly like they did. I only hope that wherever they are now, they are happy.

Saber's POV

My family is dead. I saw all of their bodies, yet it's so unbelievable. The thought of anyone being so cruel and heartless honestly scares me. The Queen caused the death of not just my parents, but three children, my younger siblings. I know Nia understands my pain, because they were like her parents and siblings too. I can barely think straight, all I can do is draw comfort from my connection mate as I hold her tightly in my arms, and release my pain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author's Note:

Oh my. I don't know how that affected you guys but it was so hard to write. I'm sorry, but it was planned, I knew it was coming geez... that was hard to write. I honestly started crying, which proves I get very emotionally invested into things I really enjoy, such as reading and writing. I'm sorry if I caused any tears, but gotta do what you gotta do.

Question:
So, who wants to kill the witch with a capital B Cora with me?

I wish I could painfully and slowly tear out her heart and show her how black, rotten and tiny it is before the light leaves her eyes. Yeah whatever, disturbing, I know, don't really care right now, depressed over the deaths that I wrote. I GET TOO EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO EVERYTHING I LIKE GEEZ.

~Cat Queen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 891 32
WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE IS INVITED STRAIGHT INTO THE HEART OF YOUR HOUSE? Seven years ago, Rhysa Jiang ran. She buried her past, cho...
119K 7.4K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...
446K 12.7K 29
Previously, My enemies are my mates. Highest ranking in werewolf: #15 Highest ranking in vampire #74 "Who the fûck touched you!?" Tate's eyes turned...
2K 16 55
Fauna Clarice Rheasydia is one of two of the most feared assassins in all of Ker. The Ebony Nightingale. Trained since four, her identity has been ke...