The Twins • Book One • Wattys...

By bossomeCatQueen

"Alright then." I respond. "Let's go." We walk to the edge of the hill, about to run down, and we stop cold... More

Author's Note
Prologue- The Dream
Chapter 1- The Village
Chapter 2- The Attack
Chapter 3- The Hostages
Chapter 4- The Cabin
Chapter 5- The Truth
Chapter 6- The Portal
Chapter 7- The Meeting
Chapter 8- The Connection
Chapter 10- The Change
Chapter 11- The Plan
Chapter 12- The Preparation
Chapter 13- The Discussion
Chapter 14- The Shift
Chapter 15- The Pain
Chapter 16- The Start
Chapter 17- The Castle
Chapter 18- The Fight
Chapter 19- The Rage
Chapter 20- The Rest
Chapter 21- The Stitches
Chapter 22- The Shouts
Chapter 23- The Mourning
Chapter 24- The Powers
Chapter 25- The Nightmare
Chapter 26- The Cold
Chapter 27- The Newbie
Chapter 28- The Realm
Chapter 29- The Sadness
Chapter 30- The Concern
Chapter 31- The Birthday
Chapter 32- The Finale
Epilogue- The Wolf
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter- The Spring
Bonus Chapter - The Movies
Bonus Chapter- The First
Bonus Chapter- The Vision
Bonus Chapter- The Prayer

Chapter 9- The Others

1K 101 10
By bossomeCatQueen

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Saber's POV

I run outside to follow Nia, not sure what's wrong. Her emotions are everywhere. I see her standing on the edge of the forest with her back turned to me. As quietly as I can, I creep up behind Nia, turn her around and bring her into a hug. I don't know what's wrong, but I do know she just needs support right now, and I can support her through anything.

"Nia, what's wrong? What happened in there to make you run out like that?" I quietly ask while rubbing my hand up and down her lower back. Nia exits the hug and walks a distance away. I don't say anything or move, letting her control the pace.

I hear her sigh, then she speedily turns, strides over to me and kisses me. I freeze up at first, shocked, but then I kiss her back. As quickly as the kiss started, Nia pulls away. She turns around, walks away and keeps her back to me, shoulders hunched. Through the connection her shock, regret and shame are pounding.

"Nia." I say. She shakes her head slightly. "Nia, turn around." Stubbornly, she shakes her head no again. I sigh and walk up to her and turn her around. Seeing her tears, I decide to hold her in place and look into her eyes, then speak to her through the connection.

"Nia, I love you, okay? Nothing will change that. I don't know what the kiss meant to you, but I know it meant something to me. Please don't ignore this."

"Saber, I think I love you too. The only thing is... I don't know what my heart is telling me. It's all too confusing, and these certain feelings have only recently been popping up... I just don't know, and I don't want to hurt you." I pull her into another kiss, this one longer, slower, sweeter. Still feeling her sadness, I hug her again and let her just stay there in my arms while she thinks.

Nia's POV

Damn you Saber for being so confusing. One minute you are so sweet, the next minute joking, and the next playful and kind of a jerk. I guess this was his tactic for hiding his love for me. I can tell he's loved me for a long time. I think I love him back, but how can you be sure? I've heard plenty of beautiful love stories, but I've also heard depressing ones. How do you truly know when you can trust someone with your heart?

My heart jumps whenever he comes near, speeds up whenever he touches me. I feel comforted by simply his presence. Even when I'm in the worst mood, he can make me laugh. He might act like an arrogant jerk sometimes, but he's also one of the sweetest and kindest people I know. All of his aspects make him, and all of his aspects are perfect the way they are. Yeah, pretty sure I'm in love.

Saber and I walk back inside once I break the hug, knowing he would have stood there holding me all day if I really wanted him to. Once we start walking, he grasps my hand in his. I look over to him, raising my eyebrow in my typical 'What the hell' face. Saber just grins back. I roll my eyes. When we walk back into the house, there are 9 people in the living room, a vast difference from the two people that were in there when we left.

"Um... hi?" I say, not really sure what to do. Saber squeezes my hand and the fear that was starting to escalate calms down.

"Hi Nia! This is everyone else that lives here." Ivy exclaims, running forward to hug me. Saber let's go of my hand so I can embrace my sister, but I grasp his hand once Ivy sits back down. After all of the craziness of the afternoon, I just need comfort.

"So you've already met Jake, Amy and Molly. This is Sophia, Molly's sister." Ivy says, motioning to a girl just a bit taller than Molly who has curly ginger hair and emerald green eyes. I can definitely see a resemblance in Molly and Sophia.

Continuing, Ivy introduces a girl with short platinum blonde hair that practically looks white and brown eyes so dark they could be black, and probably are. "This is Star, and this is Lightning." Ivy moves onto the boy sitting next to Star.

His hair is kind of long, reaching his jawline, and goes from white to a light, fluorescent shade of purple. No way is that natural. His light blue and purple eyes flicker with suspicion as he looks at me and Saber, and I glare back before Ivy calls my attention to the last person in the room that Saber and I haven't met. "Last but not least, the dark looking boy sulking in the corner is Wolf." She says with a grin. I hear a mumbled reply

"I'm not sulking." I feel Saber tense as he studies Wolf. He does seem the strongest out of all of he people here, with a lot of bulk. Even slightly slouching against the wall, you can tell he is tall, easily as tall as Saber, maybe even taller. His dark grey hair is cut in a style with long bangs draping over one of his eyes, but as he whirls his head to look at me and Saber, I see that his eyes are a mix of gold and brown.

"Who are you?" Wolf growls at us.

"I am Ivy's sister and this is my connection mate Saber." I snarl back, quickly shooting daggers at all of the girls in the room. Saber laughs through the bond, and I look at him to see him smirking. I huff and walk off to stand next to where Ivy is sitting.

"Okay, now that those introductions are done, we need to do the power introductions." Molly states.

"Wait, everyone here has a power?" I ask.

"What?!" Ivy exclaims next to me. "I didn't know any of you had powers, what's going on?!" Sighing, Molly explains

"Ivy, please, calm down. We didn't want to tell you until we were sure that you had a power." Ivy nods slowly, and Molly continues. "My power is the manipulation of sound. I can hear things from up to half a mile away from me and I can make people hear a song that lets me control them for a short period of time. This allows me to do things such as make them fall asleep, or feel a certain emotion, so when the song wears off, the feeling of that emotion will stay with them for a while. It's useful for if someone is angry or scared, something like that."

"I am a shapeshifter, but only of mythical creatures, such as a dragon or unicorn." Sophia says.

"I am a Night Guardian, which means I am strongest at night, I have wings during night time, and I can control the elements of night to do whatever I want with them, like make a sword, or turn me into anything I wish, such as a raven. I can also walk into the dream realm and visit other people's dreams." Star explains her powers, quickly followed by Amy, the girl Jake introduced to us earlier.

"I am the opposite of Star, I am a Day Guardian. I'm strongest when it's day time, and my wings come out during the day, but I can choose if they are to be seen or not. I can manipulate the elements of day time to do anything for me." Their powers sound so cool, I'm just a boring shapeshifter.

"I have mental abilities, like premonitions, telekinesis, and slight mind control. I'm not very strong at it yet, but I can plant ideas and emotions into people's heads to make them think it's their own thoughts and emotions." I nod. I feel Saber tense up next to me, scared for my safety. I send him a quick message through our connection

"Don't worry, we're safe here." I then focus back on the others. Lightning explains his powers next.

"I control the weather through my emotions, like when I'm angry, a thunderstorm appears in the area that I'm in." Finally, again last it's the mysterious Wolf.

"I shapeshift into a wolf, but really it can be any dog. I just prefer wolves." He then randomly walks off. Wow, he's not very welcoming.

"Well that's everyone. So, what are your powers?" Molly asks me, Ivy and Saber.

Ivy's POV

Me?! Powers?! No way. It can't be true, right?

"Saber and I are cat shapeshifters, meaning we can turn into any type of cat. I'm guessing Ivy would be the same since we are twins and our parents are both from the realm of the Cat Kingdom." Nia replies.

"So what you're saying is that I should have the power to turn into any type of cat that I wish, even a tiger or something." I state, not really believing that the people I've started to consider as my friends, my sister and her connection mate have powers. There's no way that this can be possible.

"Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Wait, Ivy, Saber and I can help you turn! This is going to be so fun, running through the forest with my sister! I can't wait!" Nia exclaims, then looks out the window to check the time. "It'll have to be tomorrow though, it's too late now." Nia stifles a yawn. "Wow, I'm exhausted." Saber looks at Nia with a slightly concerned look. They are so adorable. But, tomorrow they are teaching me to turn into a cat. A freaking cat. I am going to become a cat.

Unable to deal with the strangeness of the situation, my brain shuts off and I pass out, welcoming the calm darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 402 36
I made my way to the kitchen as usual and opened the fridge and grabbed a drink. My mom was usually in here,preparing a snack for my brother and I bu...
10.3K 847 17
[Warning; This book has plenty of foul language that sometimes borders on obscene, a couple of drool-worthy males, a smoking hot MC, and a storyline...
55.3K 4.2K 47
Finding out that your parents, the people that raised you your whole life, weren't your actual parents was hard. Being told at the ripe ol' age of e...
9.6K 943 44
I highly suggest you read The Twins- Book One before you read this, so then it'll make more sense. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ An...