if you stay // m. daddario

By tuanskitty

"if you stay, i'll never leave. if you go, i'll go with you." #1 in Fanfiction as of July 31st, 2016 More

Playlist
1. Careful, he's a charmer
2. The Talk
3. "Can I kiss you?"
4. Stuck on Stupid
5. I Love Him
6. Instagram
7. Safe With Me
8. Group Date
9. Secret Talent
10. New York City
11. Home to Mama
12. The (S)Ex
13. Caught
14. Last Minute Camping
15. Toronto
16. Accident
17. Broken Hearted
18. Breaking Point
19. Perfectly Fine
20. Heartbreak Girl
21. Rumors
23. Setting Things Right
24. Proposal? Proposal.
25. Marry Me
26. Randomantic Pt. 1
27. Randomantic Pt.2
28. Randomantic Pt. 3
29. Photoshoots, Plane Rides, Past Relationships, & Rumors
30. Dave Franco
31. Boy Problems
32. Danive Livestream
33. Home Sweet Home
34. Wedding Planning and Babies
35. Bowling Nights and City Lights
36. Sleepover
37. Operation: Wedding Dress
38. Vidcon Day One
39. Vidcon Day Two
40. VidCon Day Three
41. Disney Day
42. Helping Alberto
43. Getting Kat a Boyfriend 101
44. When Past Becomes Present
45. Brother or the Hulk?
46. Secrets
47. Wedding Photoshoot
48. I'm Sorry
49. The Aftermat(t)h
50. Voicemails
51. Hospital Visits
52. Decisions
53. First Step to Moving On
54. Back to the Basics
55. This Is My Version of Heartbreak
56. She Is Back In Town
57. Jealous Danielle
58. Museum Adventures
59. Starting Over
60. It's Not A Date, It's Totally a Date
61. Mattnielle is Back
62. Last First Kiss
63. Greece
64. Boys vs. Girls
65. Baby Mattnielle
66. Big Brothers and Baby Making
67. She's Pregnant
68. Halloween
69. Nursery Shopping
70. The Tonight Show
71. Dani's #1 Fan
72. Finally Here
73. Baby's First Day Home
74. Back To Work
75. Happy New Year
76. Operation: Wedding Is A Go; Phase One
77. Picture Time

22. Apologies

1.3K 40 7
By tuanskitty

//matt's pov//

After the phone call with Dani ended, everything in me shattered. I didn't want her to do this. I know I've been acting like I don't care about what happens between the two of us, but I really do. I care too much to the point where I just go along with everything because if that's what she wants then that's what I'll give her. But now it's different. I don't want to follow her demands. I want to fix this and I want to fix it now because the thought of me losing her is just cruel. No one wants to lose a girl like Dani. She may not be the most perfect girl in the world, but she's all a guy really needs and I need her more than anything.

I remember there was a day when we were walking around the park and we promised each other that we would fight through everything together. We would always fight with each other, side by side. Always. She told me that she knew I was a mess and she liked it. She liked how I was a mess, a mountain of clay that has yet to be sculpted into a beautiful piece of art. That was the moment I realized that she wasn't just a girl who will just come into my life and then go when I least expect it, she was a girl who would stay in my life no matter what happens. That's what I love about her. She always likes a good fight. But like all others, she has to have her breaking point. We all do. Her breaking point was the day she left to go film the Death Cure movie. That was also my breaking point.

But now I'm tired of everything that's happened. I'm tired of going along with everything just to give her peace. I need to fix this. I can't risk losing her. Not this time.

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?" Alberto asked as him, Harry, Em, and Kat were dropping my off at the airport because I was going to chase after Dani.

"Yes. I need to do this for us. You guys know how important she is to me now, I can't lose her." I said as they all smiled sympathetically at me and I flung my bag over my shoulder while grabbing my luggage from Harry's trunk.

"Please don't screw anything up," Em and Kat said as they gave me a hug and the other two boys did the same after.

"I won't. I promise. And I plan on keeping this promise." I said as I headed inside to check my bags in and board the plane.

//london //

I took a deep breath and grabbed a cab to take me to my hotel. And when I got to my hotel, I quickly took a shower and got dressed before walking to the art gallery where Dani's exhibit will be held at. I wanted to surprise her at her art exhibit today. But when I got there, it seemed that I was the one who was surprised.

Right as I got there, Dani and Dylan were right there next to each other. They were talking with Dom and their mom. Now although they're in a group, Dylan had his arm around Dani and it seemed like she didn't mind at all.

"Matt," Dani said as she turned her attention to me just as I was about to walk out. I just shook my head and walked away as I saw her run after me. "Matthew!" She yelled as we were now outside the art gallery.

"I came here to surprise you," I yelled as the tears started forming in my eyes, "I thought, why not give her the benefit of the doubt? Everything you read on the internet is fake. Or at least most things are."

"It's not what it looked like. You know that."

"Really? Then why didn't you stop him?"

"He's my friend! He had his arm around my shoulder!"

"So what? We both know and practically almost everyone knows that he has feelings for you. Who wouldn't?"

"Matt..."

"No, no, no. It's fine. Whatever."

"Matt, please."

"Maybe you're right. Maybe this is all just bad timing."

"Matt."

"What? You're going to tell me that this is nothing? That you and Dylan are 'just friends' and nothing more? I know you. I know what you're going to say and I don't think I want to hear it."

"That wasn't what I was going to say."

"Then what? What were you going to say?"

"That I'm sorry," she said as tears started falling down her face, "I'm sorry that this is happening to us. I know how much of a pain I can be sometimes. I'm always trying to be the control freak in the relationship because I always want our relationship to be perfect. Maybe I should've just let our relationship do it's own thing ya know. Just let whatever happens happen. I shouldn't keep trying to make things perfect because that's why there's consequences."

"I...."

"No, it's fine. Whatever, right?"

"Hey, I came here for you. Not for this. I'm just gonna go. I shouldn't have done this. I'm so stupid. I'm sorry." I said as I started walking away and to my surprise, she didn't go after me this time. Whenever things like this happened, she would always go after me. I should've probably thought everything through first but I couldn't wait.

Maybe I shouldn't have snapped at her. Or maybe she's right. Time isn't on our side and there's nothing we could do about it. But then again, maybe there is something that can be done.

For now, I just needed to take a walk to cool myself down. Although the weather is doing that already for me. But it wasn't enough to cool myself down completely, so I took a walk through one of the parks. It wasn't as big as Central Park but this park was pretty big. It was actualy really nice. Many beautiful trees and plants.

So here I was, walking around the park with my hands in the pockets of my jacket, thinking about how I could fix everything because I'm sure that after what I had just done, Dani wouldn't forgive that easily anymore.

//dani's pov//

"Is everything okay?" Dom asked as he held onto my shoulders while I just sobbed on the concrete floor.

"I don't know..." was all I could say.

"Come here," Dom said as he wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his shoulder.

"Why is this so hard?"

"Love is always hard. It's never easy."

"It's not a fairytale," We both said as I sighed and looked down to my shoes.

"Dani, I know you. I know that deep down inside you still love him the same way you've loved him for the past few months. You'll find a way through this." Dom said giving me one last hug before we went inside to finish the art exhibit show up so everyone can go home since it's getting really late.

A/N: I'VE BEEN WATCHING A LOT OF MOVIES WITH DAVE FRANCO IN IT AND I SWEAR THAT BOY IS SEXY. BUT ANWAYS, WOULD ANYONE READ A DAVE FRANCO STORY IF I WROTE ONE??????? PLEASE COMMENT.

Thank you for reading this! It'd mean a lot of you vote, comment, and even share this story! New updates at least 1-3 times every week so add this story to your libraries! x

PLEASE GO CHECK OUT MY NEW ALEC LIGHTWOOD STORY "IMPOSSIBLE" AND MY OTHER MATTHEW DADDARIO STORY "WILD"

Also, please follow me on

Twitter: @alphaxpendery

Instagram: m.janineee & alphaxpendery

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 335 6
H E A V E N L Y (ˈhevənli) ADJECTIVE ↳ resembling or befitting heaven; blissful; beautiful ― ❝They say that things happen for a reason but I don't be...
660 39 8
" Always and Forever they promised each other. But what happens when one of them breaks that promise. " ||Season 1||
2.1K 17 5
An Alexander Gideon Lightwood Fanfiction. A Shadowhunters Alternate Universe. © 2024 by Niña Marabi. All Rights Reserved.
221K 7.1K 25
❝'til morning comes, lets tessellate.❞ [ matthew daddario ! social media fic ] #8 in mattdaddario #42 in instagram