Lost Precious of Mine (Black...

By Bakamono_dearu

Ciel Phantomhive had already faced hell at a young age. His parent died. His sister disappeared. His mansion... More

Announcement
Prologue
✡ Chapter 1 What Are The Odds? ✡
✡ Chapter 2 Two Ends Meeting Calls For Fate's Intervention ✡
Chapter 3 A New Beginning
Chapter 4 A Normal Day At The Manor
Chapter 5 Time With My Brother
Chapter 6 Back To The Place Where Thoughts Can Bloom
Chapter 7 A Needle of Truth in A Pile Of Lies
Chapter 8 Lying is The Best Thing You Could Do, Isn't It?
Chapter 9 Irrelevant Conflicting Feelings
Chapter 10 Truths and a Pocket Knife
Chapter 11 Death Gods Don't Use Toilets, Death
Chapter 12 Queen's Watchdog and the Beautiful Street Rat
Chapter 13 The Beautiful Street Rat's Ways
Chapter 14 Queen Watchdog's Ways
Chapter 15 Not What I Anticipated
Chapter 16 A Pint of Liquor for every Drop of Sorrow
Chapter 17 Does Fate Really Exist?
Chapter 18 The Sounds of The Bells of Blessing
Chapter 20 Answer to Every Question
Chapter 21 How Love Can Be Foolish
Chapter 22 Juliana and Julienne
Chapter 23 Victor's Devotion
Chapter 24 On Your Way
Chapter 25 Goodnight, My Lord
Author's Note

Chapter 19 Puzzle Pieces and Fate

852 29 14
By Bakamono_dearu

Sabrina Luthferd

The days passed by with no conversation opened between I and Brother.

The day of the incident, brother's expression remained passive as his eyes gazed through the sceneries unveiled as we rode the carriage home. The sky was painted with the shade of gray and the air felt dense. The silence was deafening but I did not have the courage to break it

Next day came and I was prepared to go to the burial. I wore a black dress that symbolizes mourning for the dead. And by the dead, it means Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Midford. Brother and I's cousin. My brother's fiancée. She died due to excessive bleeding caused by a 'stray' bullet that hit her the day of her wedding.

I admit that I did hope for the wedding to be canceled but not this way. I did not want any death. I did not want the saddened expression of Brother... I just want him to be happy. And I do know that he'll be happy if Elizabeth was alive and well.

Whenever I caught glimpses of Brother during the burial, my heart would tighten as if it was being choked. I am not sure if the reason is because I hate seeing brother sad or it's because I hate seeing brother sad because Elizabeth died.

This is making me stressed.. And it is not really good for my mental health. I have other issues in my mind too.

Specifically, that dream. A dream that keeps repeating itself over and over again. Every night, I would be awaken by a voice calling out "Julienne". It was unnerving. As if it was a forgotten memory that keeps crawling back to my consciousness. I have the feeling that it is something important. I need to know that memory.

"Ms. Meyrin, tell Brother I'm leaving." I told Meyrin as I made my way downstairs.

"B-b-but! M-m-mistress! Master told us not to let you leave the manor, yes indeed!" She exclaimed as she ran at my side, stumbling every now and then.

"It would be only quick. I will just pay a visit to a friend." I answered while I opened the double doors that soon led to the horse I was going to use to reach my destination.

I was wearing a commoner's clothing to avoid unnecessary attention and for the sake of comfortableness since I was going to use horseback as a transportation means.

"Master w-will be angry, yes indeed!" Meyrin kept saying as I rode the horse.

"Calm down, Ms. Meyrin. I will be back before Brother and Sebastian returns." With those words, the horse ran towards the direction to town.

+++++

"Master?" I asked as I made my way to the empty bar.

"Sabrina?" A familiar voice answered.

I turned around to see Allan with a surprised look plastered on his face.

"Allan!" I exclaimed, running to him and engulfing him to a huge embrace.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he embraced me back. "The last time you visited us was a disaster. You almost ran around the place naked."

I frowned and pulled myself away, slapping his arm.

"I am not that idiotic, Allan."

He laughed boisterously as a response. I soon joined in, releasing a small giggle.

I admit that I indeed got too drunk. But I do blame Brother and I believe that it's not entirely my fault.

"Do you know where master is?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Oh. He's upstairs." He answered. "He's not that busy so I think he won't mind a chatter with you."

I smiled. "Marvelous."

"Why so sudden, if I may ask?"

"...I need to ask him about all the details regarding my origin."

He paused. "Oh.." He gave me that sympathetic look that I never appreciated.

"Don't give me that look or else I will rip you face to shreds." I threatened with a playful smile.

"Sheesh, Sabrina. You are getting too brute. Your brother seems to be a bad influence." He said and started to lead me to Master's room.

"That may be the case."

"Poor man, though." I raised an eyebrow, unsure of what he's talking about. "..His fiancée's death is the talk of the town. Some lads are ecstatic with the news since their daughters would have a chance with him. Some felt pity since it must have been a great loss to both Phantomhives and Midfords."

"Oh." I answered.

"But in my case, I do not really care. Not like their marriage will benefit us commoners." He opened a door, revealing Master who was writing furiously.

"I will leave you two then." He winked, closing the door behind him.

I took a deep breath.

This is one step towards the truth.

Ciel Phantomhive

Thoughts keep raising in my head, giving my body sleepless nights and my soul shattered peace.

What Elizabeth had conveyed to me is like another ambiguous key to a puzzle I have been solving for long.

"Elizabeth!? Elizabeth!?" I cried out as I shook her body that was getting colder in each second that ticks.

"Ciel." She smiled. "It does not hurt."

"Save your strength, Elizabeth. Help is coming soon." I assured her.

"I...have always loved you, Ciel. Since we were children and up until we have turned to adults." She continued, tears forming in her eyes. "But.. I know that you do not feel the same. I keep pushing myself to believe that you are to feel the same way soon.... but it never did come true."

"I... I.." I searched for words to counter what she was saying but I knew deep inside of me that what she is telling is true.

"It's alright, Ciel. I understand." She closed her eyes as she continued smiling, drops of tears falling to the ground. "...During that night.. That night where you announced the return of your sister... I knew back then that you have fallen for her."

...How..? How did she..?..

"Ciel, you looked at her in a way I wish you would look at me. It was full of affection. And the way you always talk about her with a smile plastered on your face is a certain fact that you truly adore her."

"Elizabeth, I.."

"Please.. Let me continue." She whispered as I felt her body growing heavy. I nodded my head.

"I was planning to revert that affection towards me once we get married... I believed that I can do it... But it seems like fate says otherwise..." The volume of her voice was decreasing. She reached out her hand and I took it to mine, placing it on my cheek. "But you know what? It's alright. I feel happy. Happy that I know that you will be happier if she is the one you will be with."

"...Hey, do you remember?" She suddenly asked. "When we were young, there is me, you, Juliana, and this girl who you have always looked at with such affection the same as she looked at you. I was envious back then...." She coughed.

"That is enough, Elizabeth." I told her.

"I know it was wrong of me but I was happy when I heard the news that she died... But.." Her eyes are drooping. "..Did she really... Die?"

And her hands went limp and her breathing stopped.

"Elizabeth!? Elizabeth!?"

"ELIZABETH!"

....I just need to find the other pieces to complete the whole puzzle.

Sabrina Luthferd

I soon reached my destination in town. I tied my horse to a nearby post and proceeded to enter the building.

"Undertaker?" I asked through the pitch black darkness that surrounds the room.

"Khukhukhukhu!~" a laugh erupted from nowhere, bouncing off the walls. "What brings you here, Sabry?"

A coffin suddenly opened, revealing Undertaker with a jar in his hands.

"Ah, I know! You are here for my bone cookies, aren't you?" He asked and cackled.

I sat on a coffin and crossed my legs and arms.

"That is true." I answered.

"Of course I was just kiddi-" he stopped. "What? Seriously? You just want to have tea?"

I nodded my head. "..To relieve some stress, I suppose."

He grinned at me and proceeded to prepare some tea in a beaker.

"So, what is the problem?" He asked.

"Problem? There is none." I said, completely denying the truth.

"That won't work on me, Sabry. I have known you for too long." He handed me a beaker which I took and settled the jar beside me.

"Well, I am starting to have this irrational thoughts that might be rational." I said, looking at my reflection the tea was providing me.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I need to remember everything about me, Undertaker. Every bits of it! I have a feeling that I need to recollect it."

"Why?" He asked, sitting on the coffin in front of me. His voice had gone serious, no sound of mockery present.

He removed his hat and placed it beside him.

I knew that I could trust him. He is the best friend the world could offer for me.

"...I think that I am not Juliana Phantomhive." I answered. "But the question that keeps me in the dark is why is my memory so misleading?

" Recently, I keep dreaming about a distant memory where I am with another girl my age and then it would turn into a disaster and then a pair of crimson eyes before I would scream for dear life. I have never had that dream before. What does this mean? Master cannot provide me any answers. He said that the only thing he knows is that he found me in the back alley of Thornless Rose.

"I'm so confused, Undertaker. I need help." I desperately said, looking at him to found his smile gone.

"...Then help you shall receive." He finally said. "I am going to help you retrieve your memories. Mind you, I am doing a big sacrifice here."

I grinned, putting my beaker down and tackling Undertaker on the ground. "Undertaker! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

He chuckled, wrapping his arms on my waist. "Some things never change."

A knock was then heard.

"Undertaker?"

....It is the voice of Brother!

I quickly hopped up, panicking.

"I need to leave!" I whispered shouted.

"Give me a minute, Earl! I'm removing some organs right now, khukhukhu. But you can enter if you want to see it." Undertaker shouted

"Ugh. No thanks."

"There is an exit on the back." Undertaker said, facing me. "See me in three days and by then, you'll have your answers."

I nodded, raising for the backdoor.. But ended up returning to him.

"Do not tell Brother." I said. "Promise me!" I held out my pinky finger.

He looked at it, mouth gaped open. He then chuckled, intertwining his pinky with mine. "I promise."

I grinned and made a mad dash to the back door, getting out just in time.

"I thought I was dead meat." I mumbled once I have maintained a safe distance from the place.

"Why do you say so?"

I turned around to spot the masked man which I haven't seen for so long.

"Jim!" I said with a smile on my face.

"The one and only." He said, taking my hand and giving it a kiss. "Would you like a cup of tea?"

Well, I still have time to spare so why not?

I nodded and we made our way to his shop.

Time passed by and I did not notice that it was already late. I said my farewell and rode the horse fast as if I was being chased by Grim Reaper himself.

I reached the manor when the sun was already down and the moon and stars are already shining so brightly.

"....Julia?" ...It was brother. He was sitting on the stairs towards the main door.

"Why are you here?" I asked as I went to him, sitting on the space beside him.

"I was waiting for your arrival." He answered as he kept his gaze on the sky.

My heart skipped a beat and I felt my cheeks turning to a shade of red.

"I.."

He took my hand and intertwined our finger. It felt so warm and comforting.

".... I think that it is fate." He started. I tilted my head as a response. "Elizabeth's death. Maybe, fate has more things planned for I. It is peculiar considering that I used to not believe in fate and called it bogus.."

"I started to believe in fate when I met this woman that have made me feel the warm sensation of love."

He stared at my reddened face and smiled sincerely.

"It is you, Sabrina." He said, his own face turning red. "I am madly in love with you."

--------------------------------
(Bakamono: Sorry for the long wait.~

What are your theories regarding Sabrina's true identity? Is she really a different person or is she really Juliana?

Who is the masked man? Who is the man in Sabrina's dream that has crimson eyes? How will Undertaker help Sabrina!????

WHAT WILL SABRINA ANSWER TO CIEL'S CONFESSION!?? AHHHHH

Comment and let's spazz together!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
830K 38.3K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1M 43.2K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
667K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...