Why Me? (Student-Teacher)

By hanbanana15

Leigha Clark is a senior in high school. Luke Smith is about to start his first year of teaching. Leigha's ha... More

Why Me? (Student-Teacher)
Chapter 1-The Past
Chapter 2-First Days Always Suck
Chapter 3-The Plan
Chapter 4- They Win
Chapter 5- The Waiting Game
Chapter 6-Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 7-YOLO Moments
Chapter 8- She's a Badass
Chapter 9-Surprises and Princess Names
Chapter 10- Falling
Chapter 11- Did that just happen?
Chapter 12-Following the Plan
Chapter 13- Forbidden Love?
Chapter 14-Taylor Swift songs
Chapter 15- You don't lie about food
Chapter 16-Just Freaking Peachy
Chapter 17-I'll Always Care
Chapter 18- Date Night Ends At Police Station
Chapter 20- Hangovers and Drama
Chapter 21-Three Paper Bags as Presents
Chapter 22- Time Lapse
Chapter 23- This Love Is Ours
Chapter 24- This is Goodbye. Peace Out!
Chapter 25- Cops, Last Day of School and Marriage
Chapter 26-Happy Ever After
20k reads? What?
Hey Readers!
Thanks! 90.1K!!!!

Chapter 27-The End!

13.4K 343 99
By hanbanana15

Luke’s POV:

It is March. Leigha has survived over half a year of college. I taught two of her five classes. She is on Dean’s List, which is honor roll. We’ve spent the past months in school, at the doctor’s, shopping and getting the baby’s room ready. Leigha and Leidy have gotten really close. Leidy is due a few weeks before Leigha. Jenny and Cody moved to California, but they skype us frequently.

I just got done checking papers in my home office. I walk down stairs and hear Leigha scream. I run to her. She is holding her stomach and then she whispers something. She is obviously in pain. Normally, she's all smiles looking beautiful with her baby bump.

“Lee, what is it babe?”

“Time. Baby. Ugh,” she mumbles.

“Um. Oh my god. Um. I have to grab the bags and call our moms and drive and um help you!” I go into panic mood.Leigha looks scared.

“Our baby’s a month early,” she says quietly.

“You both will be fine!” I call my mom first knowing she’d be with Jan.

My mom: “Luke, what’s up?”

Me: “Mom! It’s time. Or Leigha says it is!”

My mom: “Did her water break? She still has a month.”

Me: “Uh. I don’t know and I know.One sec.”

“Lee, did your water break?” I question as Leigha nods her head.

My mom: “Lucas?”

Me: “It did mom! Um We are in the car! Meet us there and hurry!!”

My mom: “Ok Luke. Drive safely!”

Me: “Yup. Oh mom! Call everyone please!”

Leigha’s POV:

After 10 hours of extreme pain we have two little additions to our family. The room next to mine Leidy was in labor at the same time. It was extremely weird. Our family (Luke’s and my own) were outside the waiting room, even Janey, Ed, Kelly and their new baby Eddy. Leidy gave birth to a beautiful little fella. His name is Jason Lucas Clark, he is 8 lbs exactly and is 20 inches. Her family is flying in from Florida this week to see them. Luke and I have a beautiful little girl. Emma-Leigh Sasha Smith is her name. Luke wanted us to use his mom’s name. Janey is already named after my mom. I thought of Sasha as a mix between Sara and Tasha. Luke wanted her to have a part of me so she was Emma-Leigh. Emmy as she was dubbed by her cousin Kelly. Emmy weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 17 inches. Both babies are perfectly healthy. Leidy and I are also fine. Our babies share March 21st as their birthday.  

The first time I held our little Emmy she smiled at me looking like she was memorizing me with her baby blues. She had more hair than both her cousins, and she was the youngest. My mom almost attacked me because she wanted to hold her first granddaughter. Tasha hugged me almost like she was afraid to hurt me. I roll my eyes and make her sit by me.

“Lee, she’s so beautiful. She has your face, and Luke’s nose. Luke’s eyes and hopefully your attitude,” Tasha says smiling when she finally gets to hold her niece.

“Aunt Lele?” Kelly says quietly from my side of the bed.

“Yeah hun?

“Can Emmy be my best frand? Because you has Uncle Lukey, Tashy and Sary has each other and now Eddy has Jase,” she says explaining. I think everyone in the room smiled.

“She sure can Kelly, but when she get’s a little bit bigger.”

“I can wait,” she says smiling as she gave Emmy a kiss and left my side.

Luke goes home to get stuff ready. Leidy is moved to my room and she is asleep already. I dialed Jenny’s number quickly knowing it is late. I get up and walk to the hallway. Jenny answers first ring.

“Hey little momma!” She says excitedly into the phone. I had sent her a text before we left home and then again when I got a picture of Emmy.

“Hey Cali-girl!”

“How are you?” She says as I could hear the smile in her voice.

“Perfect, but tired. I wish you were here Jen.”

“I wish I was too. I knew you’d call. Cody went out drinking with his friends and I am scheduling my flight in two days.”

“Oh yeah! It’s really snowing here,” I tell her from looking out a window. It’s late, almost 3am.

“Yeah. I tried to get out tonight, but they had already closed all the airports for tomorrow, well today I guess.”

“It’s been like a year Jenny!” I whine into the phone.

“Leigha, it’s only been 2 months. I was there for your birthday!”

“But it seems like ages!”

“Leigha, go to bed little momma. Emmy will need you nice and early tomorrow.”

“I guess. See you soon Jen. Text me tomorrow.”

“Ok. I will. Love you Lee!”

“Love you too Jen! Bye!”

The line goes dead and the happiness falls. I missed my dad here. He’d crack a joke about how the babies both resemble him and his good looks. Or how Jase is going to be a stud because he shares his papa’s name. I return to my room after watching the snowfall for a minute. It is almost like my dad saying he was here today. He loved the snow, ironically.

That night we got the biggest snowfall of the year, which is weird because it’s almost spring. I dress Emmy up in her warmest clothing for our venture home the next day. We are discharged late afternoon. I buckle the car seat in and wave to Benny as they leave too. We hit black ice by our driveway and ended up passing the driveway.. I nearly have a heart attack, but we make it home safely. Emmy slept the whole time.  

Emmy is fed, bathed and tucked into her bassinet in our room.  “She’s a beautiful sleeper, just like her mom,” Luke says as we stand in the doorway.

“That’s an awkward thing to say Luke. Let me watch you sleep!”

“Shut up. I meant to be cute with that!”

“I love you boo!”

“Love you too Lele.”

A few days later, Jenny arrives bearing tons of gifts. “Don’t you fret because Auntie Jenny is here!” She yells entering the house. Luke follows her carrying three suitcases.

“Auntie Jenny! Inside voices! Emmy is napping!” I say rolling my eyes at her.

“Fuck! Sorry Lee!” She says whispering. I hear Emmy crying from her room.Jenny follows me. The nursery is yellow and jungle themed. It is just kinda neutral. I pick Emmy up and Jenny rushes over taking her out of my arms. Emmy stops crying and stared intently at Jenny.

“Lee, she loves me already!”

“I think California made her crazier,” Luke says smiling.

“Probably.” He followed me to the kitchen and pours three glasses of wine. I sit on the counter like I always do. It makes him mad, but we are too cheap to buy bar stools for the island in our kitchen, so he understands. He stands between my legs and kisses me. Jenny walks in clearing her throat.

“Hey Jen!”

“Hey Emmy,” Luke says grabbing Emmy out of Jenny’s arms. He put her in the pillow thing on the floor in the living room. Belle has learned to stay away from the crying smelly thing. We celebrate our friendship and our happy lives.

~Fast forward 5 years and 3 months~

Luke and I live in the same house still across the road from both our moms. Benny and Leidy  bought my mom’s house. My mom and Luke’s live together. Tasha and Sara have just gotten home from their first year in college. They are living in Benny’s guest house. Tasha has a thing for one of her professor’s assistants. I just laugh because she wants to follow in my footsteps. My mom got pissed and tried to make her move schools, but that’s another story for another time. Emmy is a healthy little four year old along with Jase and Eddy. Emmy loves to follow her older cousin Kelly. Kelly finds it a nuisance, but she still loves Emmy. Leidy and Benny have also given birth to twins, they are now two. Benny has two little girls, Alyssa and Allison. Today Jenny, Cody and I are graduating from college. Jenny and Cody moved back two years ago deciding they were too far from me. Just kidding, they wanted to be closer to Cody’s mom. I am graduating with high honors this time. I’m not nervous and I don’t have to make a speech. Most of these kids only know me as Mrs. Professor, but Luke was moving schools this year. I got a job at the elementary school Emmy will be attending in the fall. Luke is going back to the high school, where Ed is still principal and now Leidy works there also.

I stand in line waiting. I curse Luke for have an S last name. I wait forever and finally I get to walk across the stage. As they call my name, Emmy yells “that’s my mommy. Yay Mommy!”

I smile and shake the hands of the administration and then some of the teachers. At the end of the line of the teachers, there is my husband smiling. “Congrats babe,” he says quietly.  I smile at him and make my way to my seat. I trip on the stairs and Jenny laughs.

We meet our families outside. Emmy runs to me. “Mommy, I saw you trip,” she says giggling

“Did you now?”

“Yeah and Uncle Benny booed you!” She says giggling and looking back at Benny, who stands behind her.

“Benny!”

“It was my way of being supportive Lee!”

“Well thanks brat!” Suddenly a pair of hands grabbed my waist.

“Guess who?” The voice whispers.

“Hmm some hot professor?”

“Yup.” Luke says spinning me around as he kisses me infront of everyone. It is like high school graduation all over again.

“Ewwy Daddy! Go get a room!” Emmy yells at him.

“Sorry Miss Em!” He says picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder.

“Shit!  Daddy, my dress flew up!” Emmy says quietly.

“Emma-Leigh Sasha Smith! You don’t talk like that!” I scold her.

“It’s Daddy’s fault, whenever he grabs your sides you say ‘oh shit’.” Emmy explains. I shake my head.

“Don’t repeat bad words Emmy!” Luke says as we made our way to the car.

“Leigha, you’re a terrible mom!” Benny says poking me.

“Go home Benny!”

“Fine sis. I will!” He fakes hurt and runs away.

“Love you!”

“Love you too and Lee, congrats sis!” He yells smiling. I know he is proud.  

~Fast Forward 3 months~

It’s early September, Emmy is getting on the bus to go to her first day of kindergarten today. I’m not her teacher, but I’m right next door. She is determined to ride the bus. Luke wakes up early and makes me get up. We wake up Emmy together and get her ready. My mom came and took family pictures of us. I roll my eyes, but we all were having first days today. Luke leaves me and Emmy to finish up. Emmy unpacks and packs her backpack, twice. She is a perfectionist. She packs her teddy bear from Aunt Jenny and Uncle Cody. “Mommy, is that my bus?” She asks for the millionth time today.

“Yes finally it is Em.” I hurry her out the door. She stands on the bus steps and smiles for a picture. “Bye Emmy have a great day!”

“Deuces Mommy!” She says smiling. I roll my eyes and laugh. She’s spent too much time at Benny’s. As the bus pulled away, one tear slipes down my face. My baby girl is in kindergarten.

I scored my dream job. My husband is back at the job he loves. I guess in life there really is happy endings. For how long they last is unknown because of life's twists and turns, but I guess it’s worth it.

Author’s Note: And that’s the end. I don’t know. I’m gonna edit it. Maybe make a spin off with Tasha. This is my first finished story on wattpad. And my only one right now. The first to get this many reads. Thank you all. I’m sorry it’s not that long. But um yeah. Thanks for reading. Here for the last time in this story is a random dialogue.

Me: It’s the end. Finished. Close the curtains!

Benny: Wait does this mean everyone dies and it’s the end.

Leigha: Yes dumbass!

Benny: Luke control your wife!

Luke: Nah this side of her is cute.

Me: I love you guys!

Benny: Who is this chick?

Luke: The one who killed your dad and made you.

Leigha: That’s what she said.

Jenny: Leigha, what the fuck? That makes no sense.

Leigha: You make no sense.

Benny: Are you on drugs Leigha?

Luke: No she got her happy ending now shut up!

Jenny: What happens to the rest of us?

Luke: Um I don’t know. Weird girl what does happen?

Me: Um you live happy ever after and that’s it.

Jenny: Happy ever after is so cliche .

Leigha: You’re cliche.

Benny: Leigha shush up!

Leigha: Nah.

Me: Ok guys we gotta end this. Any last words?

Benny: Wrap it before you tap it bitches!

Leigha: I love Luke!

Luke: I’m sexy!

Jenny: Only Leigha is truthful and um keep calm and love penguins and chickens

Belle the dog: *barks and wags tail at everyone*  

Yeah so that’s it. Um I hope it was original enough for you. I don’t know. lol It probably sucked. sorry about wasting your time then :)

For the last time of this story.

Adios Bitchachos,

Han <3

 Dedidcated to Tasha. for making sure I didn't drastically kill anyone off and for her constant support. And telling me to update and for commenting on the majority of the chapters. Also for Kait who is just amazing. To Tasha and Kait specifically: I love you pengins. :) 

and edited :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Stuck By platyypus

Short Story

24 0 8
High school is not easy. What with strict teachers, overbearing parents, and judgemental teenagers, it's a wonder Jade's made it this far. It's her s...
18.7K 691 36
Meet Emily Hayes. Pretty, kind of popular - and totally smitten by Jake. Meet Jake Williams. Badass, captain of the football team- and he barely ackn...
255K 4.9K 14
Ella James has a hard time at school. Sure, she has good grades, but her biggest problem is one person. Austin. Austin Turner has bullied Ella since...
77.1K 481 40
Aitana Hurst is the fourth child of the Hurst family. She is the nice, brainy daughter among three older brothers who rule their high school. Her dad...