Stuck In The Moment

By but_whylove

For a single moment I want to feel like the universe isn't about to crush me and my heart isn't about to expl... More

Introduction
DANIELLE CAMPBELL A/N
The Drama Queen's Dilema
The Problem With Our Afternoon
Mum
Just Having Fun
Daddy and the Tramp
I Choose Not
Tears Fall
Why Are You Here?
"Pick On The New Girl"
Living in the Moment
The Side Affects of a Hang Over
Peanut Butter Jar
You're Beautiful
Acquaintances
Meet Luke
Kiss Me Kiss Me
Liz Hemmings is a True Hero
Perfection That I Need to Forget
Family
Relationship Goals
I'm Your Cure, Heartbreak Girl
Cobain Shirt
Id10t
A Weekend In May
"Just F.r.i.e.n.d.s"
Don't Freak Out.
Keep Holding On
Are You Okay?
Please
Just Go Ask Luke
Target
Fruit Loops
She's Mine Tonight
l0sers
He Remembered
Hello There
If I Do Dare
At Least...
"You're In Ruins"
The Interview
I'm Home
We're Stuck Inside This Scene
Sorry Isn't Gunna Cut It
Loving Him More
STAAHHHPP
Tonight We Are Young
Please Let It Be Michael
Should I...
Man Up
Shawty
Half Past Five
He's Kinda Hot Though
Smash and Dash
We're Dropping It Now
Luva You a Lotta
Mikey's On His "Monthly"
Care to Share?
Auntie Baylee
I NEED ANOTHER DRUMROLL
More Tacos = Less Stress
I Had A Dream About Her
Someone's a Little...Jealous?
3...2...
You May Kiss the Bride
Epilogue

Buzz Cut or Ponytail?

36 4 0
By but_whylove

Tell me if you like the new book cover!!

Chapter 60:

-drew boo-

"Liz come check this dress out!" I shout, signaling for her to come over here for about the thousandth time. It's currently Sunday morning. I spend every other Sunday down here with Liz considering my college is only a few hours away.

I haven't heard from Kiara lately but I know she's way over there in LA California. And the college Jasmyn finally decided to go to is in London.

I spent the whole morning planning for the wedding. I call Ashton to get his opinion but he agrees with everything I like so I need advice from someone else...that being Liz.

"I'm coming love!" Liz responds, rushing over from the kitchen to my side. "Mmmm.." She starts, examining the dress. "I think the dress has to much ruffle on the top sleeve. Have you looked at any of the sweetheart neckline mermaid dresses?"

"Yeah but the ones I've seen so far go either way to low down or are too skinny around the lower calf and I won't be able to walk in them." 

Woah, I've been planning this for a few months now but it feels like forever. I'm loving so many of the dresses I see and I don't know which one is the perfect one for me.

My phone rings and I figure it's Ash because he always makes time to call me. Especially recently.

"Hey babe what's up," I answer, not bothering to check the caller ID

"Hey sweetheart." He says, chuckling afterwards and I recognize right away that it's not Ashton.

It's the giraffe.

"Lucas" I snarl, laughing afterwards.

"I'm gunna go make pancakes..." Liz mutters, walking back to the kitchen.

"Hey...babe." He chuckles again and I roll my eyes. 

"What do you want child?"

"I'm going to ignore the fact that you called me a kid when I am 18 now...and also, do you know what's up with Kiara? She's not answering my calls."

Kiara? I haven't talked to Kiara in like two months. Are her and Luke even together anymore after all he's done?

"I didn't even know you both still talked to be honest. You kinda fucked up Luke. A lot." I say bluntly, not even trying to sugar coat it for him.

"I know I know but-"

"But nothing. You're an ass hole you know that? You're full of shit and you act like she's a toy that you can drop and expect to be in great condition. It doesn't work like that Luke and I think you need to fix that. Now." Damn, I'm great at confronting. Why the fuck am I not a cop or something?

"Drew you don't think I know that?"

"I know you know that! But you're not being anything but selfish and it's time you stop!"

"Hear me out for two minutes!" He shouts and I realized I cut him off a lot.

"Proceed." I say, letting go of a heated breath.

"I know I've been shit to her so many times but I've changed. This is different than my typical sorry's. Im actually doing something to fix myself this time and I'm fixing myself for her. I've been working on this change for three and a half months now! I need to talk to her because I'm ready to explain and prove to her I'm better. Please let me talk to her drew."

He sounds so sincere and I'm taken back by that. I honestly don't know what to tell him. Do I lie and say she's just been busy and hasn't made time to even check her phone? I can't tell him she's in California. Do I jut tell him I haven't talked to her lately?

Well she is like 8 and a half months pregnant at this point... Maybe she is overwhelmed.

"I don't think now is a good time Luke." I start. Shit what am I doing? "She just has a lot going on right now. Try calling her later but don't over do it okay? I'm sure you'll be able to talk to her soon and I think that you shouldn't just tell her you've changed but show her."

"Yeah you're right. can I tell you something? I know it might sound crazy..." He starts, his voice drifting off.

"Of course. Anything."

"I was preforming last night here in Los Angeles and I swear I thought I saw Kiara. I couldn't see the girls face or any features but it just seemed like her by the way she moved. Doesn't that sound crazy?"

Shit.

"Yeah. Crazy. Absolutely bewildering." What the fuck do I say?!? "Umm, hey so where is Ash? It feels like forever since I've talked to him!" I say, changing the subject quickly.

"You jut talked to him last night!"

"True but-"

"Are you trying to get rid of me Drew!"

"Yeah kinda..." I laugh jokingly. He chuckles and I can hear him calling for Ashton. There's a long moment of silence before Luke comes back to the phone.

"Uhh..Ash is busy right now but he'll call you when he can."

"Busy? With what?"

"Bye Drew!"

"Lucas Hemmings! Don't Hang U-"

He hung up. That hoe.

I release a long exasperated sigh and toss my phone on the counter that is next to me.

"You ready to eat?" Liz calls from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'll be right over."

-

I've spent the whole day preparing for this wedding. We're planning for it to happen soon, which at first shocked me when Ashton suggested it because of his career taking off but I was also happy that I wasn't the one to pressure him on when the big day was. We've come to the conclusion that when school is done for me this year, he will still be off of tour and that's when we'll have our wedding.

That's in roughly 6 months.

Six. Months.

It all seems so slow even though it's not that far away.

This whole tour has come out better than expected. I was expecting never to talk to Ash again but that isn't the case. He's always making time for me. I was fearing for him to meet a fan and find her beauty so new and overwhelming that he would want us to take a break. I was scared for all the worse things to happen but they're not. Even though he's far away, I'm comforted by him and I get this tingling feeling as if he were next to me.

I can remember his words to me before I fell asleep last night...

"Okay so should I grow my hair out long enough for a ponytail, or shave my head to a buzz cut?"

"Ashton. Don't"

"What? Why not!"

"Stick to the bandanas. Please honey, I'm begging."

"No but seriously! Buzz cut or ponytail!"

"Ashton no! I'm going to sleep." I laugh, ready to hang up.

"Goodnight beautiful. Sweet dreams."

"I love you."

"I love you too and I'll be home soon."

Now I'm wondering when soon will arrive. I just have to keep reminding myself in two more months he'll be done. These two months can't seem to go by fast enough though. I've been counting every passing second it feels like but it seems that no progress has been made. I still have to wait and I still have no patients.

"Have you talked to Jasmyn at all?" Liz asks as she drives us home. We just left another Bridal Store in search of the perfect wedding dress but as always, no luck.

"Not recently but I think I should give her a call soon. And I'm definitely going to call Kiara and check up on her. Do you remember when the doctor said she's due?"

"December 3rd" Liz says with excitement. Woah, that's a little over a month away.

"And the boys will be back December 30th!" I beam. "Do you know if she's told Luke about the baby?" I say with caution and it feels like there's a block in my throat.

"No. She hasn't. I don't think she will."

"He's going to find out eventually..."

"I guess she'll deal with it then."

The room becomes quiet and the air feels like its thinning. None of us had told him all this time because it isn't our place to. But I'm just so curious as to what his reaction would be.

I definitely need to call Kiara up.

-Kiara-

I can't seem to get over the wave of emotions that hit me at the concert last night. Luke's changed so much. He's starting to let his hair grow out a bit but he still looks like a baby to me. His voice is so overwhelming and hold so much power as he sings, it sends chills down my spine just thinking about it. I'm always so hypnotized by his voice when he sings and I can't help but sway to the music every time. But most importantly, I sensed a change in him. There was something different and I can't put my finger on it. It sound crazy, I know, but I know he's changed and I'm desperately wanting to figure it out.

When I woke up this next morning, Baylee was already out the door. Normally she sleeps in more than I do but today she had something "super urgent to take care of" (her words, not mine). As I poor myself a glass of orange juice, I get a phone call. I moan as I reach to pick it up and answer.

"Hello?" I say into the phone. It's too early to be social.

"Kiara? Is that you?"

"Drew?"

"It is you! How are you girly?"

"Oh my gosh I can't believe you called! It's been so long." My mouth is dropped in shock. I miss her so so much and I can't believe I never made time to call her. I can't believe she's calling.

"I know! How've you been?"

"Pregnant and hungry." I chuckle. "Oh! Don't forget tired and sleep deprived." Who knew it was so hard to sleep with a belly that's due in a month.

"Aw poor baby, is there anything I can do to help?" She offers sincerely. I can picture the pout on her face.

"No no no! I'm just fine, but thanks. So what's going on?" I don't want to sound rude but it's just been months since I've heard the sound of her voice. This is so random.

"I've just been thinking about you a lot recently. And I'm super concerned on how you're doing. I mean, you're 8 months pregnant while trying to manage college, and the boys will be home soon, an-"

"Yeah it's a lot." I sigh, cutting her off. I don't know how I could explain everything to her. Everything I've been feeling and thinking. I think we should save all that for another day. "Thank you for calling love, it really means a lot."

"Did you get the wedding invite? I sent them out last week."

"Yeah. I did. I'll be sure to save the date!" I smile, I have it hanging up on the fridge.

"Thanks cutie. Call me okay? I'm always here for you, any time of day. Except finals week." She chuckles at her last remark and I completely understand what she means. I'm not looking forward to finals. "And what do we do when Luke comes home and you're not here?"

I've thought long and hard about this question, it's just never been asked until now. I know exactly what to tell her. I inhale a deep breath before explaining.

"Just tell him..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370K 20.3K 35
Sometimes it’s better that you don’t really have to feel anything. { copyright @stellatbhh (originally @whoanohemmo), 2014 }
16.6K 124 103
5.9K 201 17
Even though I never gave them a reason to hate me they did and of all the things that have happened to me, they can't treat me that way, not anymore...
2.7K 52 15
Imagines about 5sos and all that stuff Requests are open!