Battlefield of Changes

By QuietStampede

Dumping Ground fanfic. It's just another new girl thrown into the care system, how will she react to new plac... More

Leaving
Arriving
First Impressions
Settling In
How does she know?
The Park
Trust
What Happened?
Planning
Why?
So what if we are?
Outcast
Confession
Waterfall
The Storm
Bramble
Going out???
It would have happened anyway
Nightmare
Home
The Secret Word Game
Skate Night
Date
Torn Apart
Thought id's find you here
Get lost Ryan!
Chloe Reeves
See you soon
Sharing is Caring
My Uncle
It was all fine until...
Disturbing the peas?
Holiday...Again?
The Journey
Battlescars
The lift of doom
An apology from who?
Stuck...Again?
The Accident
Yuck!
Goodbye
Text Messages
Slow Progress
Police
Mrs Reeves
Tension is rising
Makeover?
Mike
Please come out...
"You scared me to death..."
Replacement
Mike and a fight.
Cleaning up the scars
Shopping
"I'm fine"
Confusion
School Uniform
Letting Go
Dog walking
The beginning of the end
Book Two!
Book two is up!

Beep. Beep. Beep.

873 31 1
By QuietStampede

A whole night had passed. They still weren't back and there was practically no food in! Last night I had crisps and stuff but there was none left and there was no proper food or anything! My life is just a series of annoyingly bad timed events.

I was in my room. My head hurts and my stomach keeps rumbling. This would be my chance to leave if it wasn't for the freaking door being locked!

A car pulled up outside. Great, they are back.

Not long after, there was a knock at the door. Jennifer answered it.

----------

Ryan's POV

I got back to the house and this time, a women opened the door. She looked much different to how she did when she took Marie the other day.

"I'm here to see Marie"

"You can't. She isn't here!"

"Where is she then?"

"She is out, please you need to leave"

"When will she be back?"

"I don't know now please let me go, I've got somewhere I need to be"

I thanked her, even though I don't like her, and walked away from the house and back to Ashdene Ridge.

Tee and Carmen approached me as I entered.

"Where is she?" Tee asked.

"Her foster mum said she was out"

"Where?" Carmen asked.

"She didn't say. The house is rubbish though. There was litter and crap all over the garden, I didn't go in but, it looked pretty bare on the inside."

"We need to tell Mike"

"We can't Tee! I've already tried but he won't listen!"

----------

Marie's POV

I watched as Ryan left again. Shortly followed by Jennifer and Stewart. I got the spare key that I had and left the room I was stranded in.

The front door was locked again. Sigh.

I was about to give up, about to say 'you know what, this is your life now' but then I felt a cold shiver run down my spine.

Not the scared kind, the cold kind. The window was open. Wide open in fact.

This is my chance! I'm leaving! I'm actually going home!

Without thinking I climbed onto the window ledge and left the building. I'll come back for my stuff later I just need to leave.

I went down the garden path. It felt weird being outside. I've been trapped for way to long.

I closed the gate behind me and began to walk in the direction I thought Ashdene Ridge was. It was far away, I could get the bus but I haven't any money.

I was at least halfway down the road when the car pulled up next to me.

I ran. I ran faster than I have ever ran before. I have to get away I have to...

A hand grabbed my mouth and another round my waist, lifting me off the ground. I tried to scream but no sound came out! It was Stewart. He had a firm grip on me that I couldn't escape, no matter how much I struggled he wouldn't let go.

He dragged me back up to the house, back up to my room. He threw me down onto the floor at a strong force.

"You little dirty rat bag!" He then noticed my phone, and the key which were both sitting on my bed.

"So this is how you got out?!"

"No.."

"Liar!" He swung for me and caught my side with his fingernails. He picked up the phone and turned on the screen.

"What's this eh? Texts from Ryan? Is he one of your mates from that kids home?"

"Please..."

"Well you can forget about him, and you can forget about everything you thought you knew! Now on, I'm the boss! You do as I say, or face the consequences got it!"

"Yes Stewart." I sobbed.

He then grabbed the phone and threw it onto the floor and stomped on it, shattering the glass all over the carpet. Then he took the key and threw it at the window, barely missing my face!

It smashed a small bit of the window. Now enough to climb out of though!

Then he left. Locked the door.

I banged on the door.

"Help me! Somebody help me please!?!"

Great, we are exactly where we started.

----------

Ryan's POV

"But Mike something is wrong!"

"What Ryan? What exactly is wrong?"

"I don't know. The house, the room, her foster mum..."

"So you came to tell me to take her away from her foster family, on a HUNCH?!" He raised his voice at me but I'm not giving up.

"Listen. Her mum said she was out but never said where, she wouldn't even let me look inside the house, Marie hasn't replied to any of our text messages..."

"She hasn't been replying?"

"Yeah why?"

"I got an email saying her credit was empty!"

"Her foster parents stole her credit and locked he in her room, please Mike at least check?"

"Ryan, it's almost midnight..."

"And she could be in danger. Please..."

----------

It hurt. It hurt so much. The bruises and scars on my face, the scratches on my wrist, my guitar, my phone the glass on the floor. This is the kind of messed up life I have to lead.

The door unlocked revealing a very angry looking Stewart with a very angry looking Jennifer.

"Take this!" He said, throwing me a massive box. It felt heavy and I was weak as I haven't eaten since before I tried to escape so I dropped the box and heard a smashing sound.

"Don't make me even angrier!" He cried. Jennifer grabbed the box and threw a few broken pieces of something at me. One hit my shoulder and one hit just below my eye.

I shrieked in pain as I fell to the ground. They both stood over me and began punching and kicking. They showed no mercy whatsoever. It felt like forever before they eventually left me on the floor, surrounded by broken glass, alone.

----------

I heard them leave again. It was past midnight now. I was still on the floor but it was dark and they had left, so it must be past midnight.

I heard a car pull up outside. I didn't hear the usual sound of their arguing and shouting, instead I heard Mike.

Tears formed in my eyes. He knocked on the door a few times.

"Please Mike..." I heard Ryan say. Ryan is here, he didn't give up on me!

I heard a few loud banging noises before a massive thud, which I'm guessing was the door being broken down.

"Marie?...Marie?" They both shouted running round downstairs.

I heard footsteps approaching my room.

"I'm here...." I said cried between tears, my voice was faulty from the pain.

"Marie are you in there?" Mike asked from the other side of the door.

The key turned in the lock and Mike swung the door open, Ryan by his side.

They both ran to me and picked me up off the floor.

"She needs an ambulance" Mike stated before picking up his phone and dialling 999.

"It's going to be ok" Ryan whispered, hugging me. "I'm here, I'm here..."

----------

Beep. Beep. Beep. The machines in hospital were driving me crazy.

I woke up with a drip in my arm and lots of bandages on my body. There were those plasters on my face too. Soon enough, a doctor came in.

"Miss Riley, you have minor injuries all over your body but we have re-balanced your sugar levels so we think you will be able to go back home with your family!"

"My family?" I asked. Curious as to who he was on about, last thing I remember was getting a cuddle from Ryan.

"Yes your family are waiting for you outside, shall I call them through to see you?" He was clearly oblivious to the whole situation.

I nodded and he scurried out of the room. It was only a few seconds later that he returned, followed by Mike and Ryan. They both instantly ran up to me and hugged me and I hugged them back.

"I'm not going back am I Mike?"

"Definitely not but you will need to talk to the police about everything Stewart and Jennifer did..."

"Ok..." Mike then gave Ryan a nod and walked out with the doctor, leaving just me and Ryan.

I sat up in bed and he sat down on the end, looking at me the whole time. I looked at him and he gazed back at me.

"I missed you so much!" I said, breaking the silence.

"I missed you more" he said, hugging me really tightly. He pulled back before speaking again.

"What have they done to you?" His voice cracked, like he was about to cry.

I sighed. "I know, I look awful but I'm safe now that you're here."

"Never say that!" He snapped.

"What?"

"That you look awful" he took my hands into his. Tears were falling down my cheeks, and his as well. "You will always look amazing and beautiful no matter what, nobody can change that. Not in my eyes."

I looked down, feeling kind of guilty.

"Marie you are my one and only and I love you"

He leant in, so did I. Our lips collided and it felt amazing. We have never had a kiss so passionate, so meaningful.

I could feel Ryan smirking in the kiss as I kissed him back.

We pulled apart, slightly breathless. "I love you too"

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Thank you for all the lovely and until comments! This is the last update today because it is almost midnight!!! I'm actually quite proud of how this chapter turned out and I hope you enjoy it lots.

Love you all xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
34.7K 561 20
The younger sister to the famous bisexual rugby player, truhams finest, Nicholas Nelson. Living in shadow of your older brother can bring a load of p...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...