Yuck!

Hospital food, yuck. For breakfast I had some dry toast and water and for lunch, a plain cheese sandwich. Not exactly a luxury.

Not long after breakfast, some of the others came to visit with a box of my stuff.

Carmen and Ryan came with Mai Lee and gave me a small cardboard box containing:

My phone, my charger, some clothes, the photo of my parents and some headphones.

"Thanks guys"

"No worries" Mai Lee said.

"Do you know when you can come home?" Carmen asked.

"I'm not sure. It won't be long though!"

"Thank goodness" Ryan sighed.

"O yeah" Carmen said, rolling her eyes.

"What?!" I asked.

"He couldn't go to sleep last night because he was up, worrying if you were ok. He wouldn't let any of us sleep either in case you came back in the middle of the night!"

"Aww Ryan. I've got my phone with me now so just text yeah?"

"Yeah, I will" he said, blushing and rubbing the back of his neck.

"And if there is anything else you want us to bring...?" Mai Lee started.

"Some decent food would be good"

"Why what are they giving you here?" Carmen asked inquisitively.

"Toast and sandwiches basically. They don't want to muddle up my sugar levels or anything."

"No treats then?"

"Unfortunately not" I giggled. I actually felt good in this moment. Yeah I was in a bit of pain, but my friends were with me, in fact no. My family were with me.

"Visiting time is over" said a nurse at the door. That completely killed my good mood.

"No!" I kind of yelped.

Everybody hugged me and then left. Leaving me in the dimly lit room, all on my own.

I looked round. There was lots of medical equipment and stuff, some of my clothes on the chair next to me and a tiny tv in the other side of the room.

I decided to just go on my phone. I turned it on to notice I already had a text from Ryan.

R: Missing you already x

M: Miss you too xx

R: Get well soon x I love you xxx

M: I love you too xxxxx

The texts made me feel all warm and fuzzy which was weird considering the room was freezing.

After the nurse brought me dinner, she put the tv on some little kids channel. It was annoying voices singing annoying songs and I couldn't get up to turn it off.

I just plugged my headphones in and drowned it out.

----------

2:20am. Why can't I sleep? It's like my body feels scared of something but my mind doesn't know what. Yes the dark bothers me a lot, so does being alone but, I'm in hospital. One of the safest places in the world.

My phone bleeped again.

R: Are you up babe?

M: Ye can't sleep. U?

R: I still worrying.

M: I'm fine just lonely x

R: You don't know what it feels like to be away from you for this long xx

M: Trust me, I know exactly how it feels. I want to cuddle with you xx

R: Not as much as I want a kiss from you xxx

M: I'm missing you like crazy x

R: I want to be with you right now xx

M: Are you letting the others sleep this time?

R: Only because you told me to, I would do anything for you x

M: Love you Ryry x ❤️❤️❤️

R: Love you more x

M: No I love you more xxx

R: Well I love you most xxx

M: Awww xx Night night xxx

R: Don't go  😔😚 xxxx

M: I have to, the nurse keeps telling me off for being up xxxx

R: Love you gorgeous xxx Night xxx

M: Night night love xxx

The fact that Ryan was up at this time because of me was adorable. I lied about the nurse telling me off, I wanted Ryan to stop texting me for many reasons. 1) I didn't want to start crying I miss him so much
2) I don't want to be grumpy tomorrow having not had any sleep

----------

The next thing I knew, I was asleep.

I don't remember what I dreamt, but I woke up feeling freezing cold. I was shivering in fact. The plastic bed sheets felt like ice under my bare skin and the thin sheets on top of me weren't helping the slightest little bit.

I reached over and grabbed more socks and a jumper. It was impossible to put them on. Like doing yoga plus knitted clothing! I did eventually manage however but by that point I was so warm from moving so much that I didn't really need them! At least I can sleep now!