The Journey

"Are we lost?" Floss asked from her seat in the back. Mai Lee and Mike were looking at a map and we were just in the middle of the road.

"No" Mai Lee stated bluntly.

"How much longer?" I moaned.

"A few more hours yet!"

"I'm too tired!"

"We'll try and have a nap?!"

"Mai Lee there's a car!" Bailey shouted.

Everyone began to shout about the car and Mike just went left, no clue if he was meant to or not.

"Girls can you be quiet?" I snapped at Floss and the twins who were chanting some songs, "I didn't sleep much last night and I'm exhausted!" Just then there was a bump and a bang sound.

"What was that?" Asked Tyler.

Turns out, Mike burst the tire. We are now walking through a field with really long grass.

Jody kept sneezing and wiping her nose on her sleeve.

"Ew Jody! Use these!" I said chucking her the tissues from inside my bag.

"Thanks" she replied.

----------

"Seriously Mike can we stop for a bit? Do you even know where we are?" I asked.

"Marie can you just be quiet?" Mai Lee snapped. She was holding a map and clearly stressed.

"I don't think you get it. My legs feel like jelly and I'm gonna cry I'm so tired!" I whined.

"Come here" Ryan said as he got me onto his back.

"Wow you don't weigh much!" He stated.

"That's because she is so skinny!" Tee said, like it was such a good thing.

"Don't call me skinny!" I defended.

"Why not?"

"Because skinny is just as bad as me saying someone is chubby! It's not a good thing! It's unnatural! I would rather just be average sized."

"If it's such a bad thing then why are all models skinny?"

"I don't know because that's what society says is good, I think they just look a bit like aliens."

"Why don't you just gain weight then?"

"Well obviously I try!" I snapped loudly.

The rest of the walk was quiet. I rested my chin on Ryan's shoulder and whispered "thank you Ryan."

"Don't even mention it" he replied. I placed a kiss on his cheek before resting my head again and closing my eyes.

----------

"Marie I'm putting you down now ok?"

"What?" I asked as Ryan lowered me into a seat on the minibus. I don't remember much. Last thing I knew we were in a field and Ryan was giving me a piggy back.

"You fell asleep on me. We're on the bus again. Floss stole some of the snacks that were in your bag but the tire is working again so we are going back to the beach."

"Ok then" I said closing my eyes and going back to sleep.

"Wait, don't go to sleep" Ryan begged.

"Why not?"

"Because if you sleep, I won't have anyone to talk to for the rest of the journey."

"It's not even that far is it?"

"Mike said it would be a couple of hours. Please Marie? For me?" He pulled a puppy dog begging face.

"Fine" I sighed, rubbing my eyes I'm an attempt to stay awake.

"Is everyone ready?" Mike yelled from in front.

"Yes" we all groaned.

Ten minutes later, I literally wanted to die.

The girls were all singing, Finn was complaining because of it, Carmen and Tee were arguing with Bailey, Mo was banging on about some amazing treasure he found at the beach once, Kazima was angry because she was trying to read, Tyler was planning some practical jokes with Jody and Sasha was angry that she left her sunglasses at home or something.

Ryan was sat sideways talking to Harry and i was just sitting there feeling like death.

My stomach is doing somersaults, my head is killing me and I'm so tired now!

It's only like 15:30 or something but I just want to curl up in bed.

"Is Marie Ok?" Harry asked Ryan. Harry was sat on the seat on the other side of the aisle, whilst I was in the window seat on our side. Ryan turned to face me.

"Are you ok?" He asked. "You look awful"

"I feel sick!" I complained.

"I thought you had sickness bands on?"

"I do. They aren't working."

"Pardon?" Ryan asked coming closer to me.

"I said I am wearing them but they aren't helping!" I said, slightly louder than the first time.

"Guys can you all be quiet for two moment please!" Ryan shouted with a frustrated and angry tone.

"I said," I continued after everyone shut up and turned to face us. "I'm wearing them, but they aren't helping"

"What's the problem?" Mai Lee asked, turning round.

"I don't feel good" I sighed.

"We're almost there, only ten minutes or so from here ok?"

I nodded and smiled briefly before turning my attention back towards Ryan and Harry.

"I'm fine" I said as they both looked worried. "Honestly."

__________________________________________________________________________________