The Storm

After staring at the pouring rain, I decided to break the ice.

"Did you mean it?" Ryan looked confused and surprised at my sudden outburst.

"This morning, when you said... That you...." I sighed. "When you said that..."

"I like you?" he said, looking at me.

"Yeah, that."

"Of course I meant it, I still mean it. The moment I saw you, I knew there was something special, you just looked so beautiful..."

"What even though I was soaked and crying my eyes out?"

"You always look beautiful, no matter what"

I stood up and looked down at him.

"Don't get big headed, but you ain't bad looking yourself."

A familiar smirk plastered his face.

"Come on, the others will be worrying."

----------

"Where on earth did you two go?!"

We just remained silent.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was? Anything could have happened to you two do you realise how serious this is?!"

"Yes Mike but it's fine, nothing happened." I said, fed up with the conversation we were having.

"Well, I wouldn't say nothing." Ryan chimed in, receiving a forceful nudge from me.

"Besides we wouldn't have gone exploring if you had actually made this trip fun!"

"Well, you two missed the water fight."

"Oh no! What a shame" I said sarcastically.

"Now, you're both going to stay at the campsite whilst everyone else comes with me to a nearby village to draw animals from fields. How do you like that as your punishment?"

"Honestly Mike, I couldn't care less."

"Well that's a good thing then Marie isn't it?" He then walked over to the rest of the group who all looked like they were dying of boredom.

"Oh and one more thing, your coming with us to the minibus to wave us off. So go and change into something dry."

Great.

----------

We were all huddled round the doors to the minibus whilst Mike was talking about safety and don't forget to light the fire blah blah. I decided to wear my jeans and purple flannel shirt over a black vest top. Ryan was standing behind me in the huddle.

I felt his warm touch as his hand reached into mine and he wrapped his fingers softly round mine, I instantly did the same. He inched towards me so that nobody could see it.

Once the others were all on the bus, we waved goodbye. In a way I felt kind of sad. I don't know why, something just felt, off.

"So what now?" Ryan asked, turning me to face him as he put his hands round my waste.

"Oh I don't know, maybe we head back to the campsite and sit inside our tent because it's about to start raining" I said, looking up to him as I wrapped my arms round his neck again.

"Sounds good. Where's the map?"

"I didn't bring a map" I said. Immediately after a worried expression formed on the boys face.

"Ryan" I continued "please tell me you brought a map?"

He shook his head.

"So we're lost? In the woods? All alone?!"

"Um...I'm sure we'll be fine. Let's just go back the way we came."

He didn't sound very reassuring but it was obvious he was trying his best.

----------

After walking round for what felt like forever, we decided to give up. Once the others realised we weren't back they will come and find us. In the meantime, we have a storm to deal with.

Every time thunder rang, or there was a flash of lightning I jumped out of my skin.

At first I thought Ryan would laugh at me and mock me, but he didn't. He was actually very comforting.

He eventually lead me to a tree that had quite low, least branches that we could seek shelter from the rain under.

He leant against the tree trunk and pulled me onto him, so that my head was in his chest and he had both arms round me. I put one arm round his torso, the other on his chest.

It was beginning to get dark and my calmness was slipping away from me.

"It's ok. I'm here." He said soothingly as another crash of thunder filled the air.

"But what if we can't get back? If we're out here forever?"

"Not gonna happen."

"Oh and how can you be so sure?"

"Because you mean a lot to me and I care about you and I'm not going to let anything happen."

I huddled in closer to him, and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Thanks for all the votes guys it means so much xx

I'm honestly so tired writing this so I'm going to sleep now.

Ly all xxxxxxxx