Trust

After a long silence I took off my hoodie because I had a long sleeved shirt on and it was getting too hot to bare.

"What's that?!" Ryan and shocked. I looked down onto my chest where he was pointing and realised that the mark the burn had left me was clearly showing.

I felt tears begin to come streaming down my face as I ran my fingers over the bumps and marks in my skin.

"I was in a fire, 4 years ago. The fire brigade said I was lucky to come out alive."

"Was it in your house?" I shot a glare at Ryan who didn't sound at all sympathetic.

"Yeah. I was told my Uncle started it. He came into the house full of rage. He gets so angry..."

(Flashback to when Marie was 10 years old.)

"Marie go in the other room" her Dad said whilst closing the door. Marie did as she was told and sat on the couch, listening to the events taking place in the kitchen.

All she could hear was shouting. Her Mum, her Dad, her uncle who was angry and drunk. Suddenly there was a huge bang!

Marie ran back to the kitchen but before she arrived she saw her uncle run to the door and leave in a hurry!

She looked into the kitchen to see her Dad looking over at her Mum who was slowly being surrounded by a fire which spread quickly to the door behind Marie catching her chest before she jumped away from it and began crying.

Her Mum let out a piercing scream and so did Marie as she watched her mum go up in flames.

Marie attempted to run to her mother but her Dad grabbed her under her arms and lifted her into the air and ran through the fire that was blocking the door, bringing Marie safely out the house that was slowly being swallowed by the smoke and flames.

He dropped her on the lawn outside and fell onto the ground. His legs were badly burnt and a wound on his head was bleeding badly. Marie just cried as she stared down at him in shock as he slowly died in front of her.

(End of flashback)

"But what happened to your uncle?"

"As far as we know, he just moved away. I can't remember what he looks like but I will recognise him if I see him" I sniffed. "And I'll kick him and punch him and tear out his hair for what he did to me. To my parents ..." I trailed off at the end and broke down in tears.

Great. Already, I look like a total idiot.

To my surprise, Ryan didn't laugh or tease me, he just put his arm round me comfortingly before all the others rushed over.

"I think we should go home" Ryan said, receiving nods of agreement in return. Mischief came and pit her head in my lap as the others went to pack everything up.

Ryan let go of me and ran to help the others out. Mischief continued to stare back up at me with a sorrow look on her face. I know she's a dog but it still looks like it ok?

"She knows your sad" Bailey said causing me to turn round and notice him, and all the others standing there watching me.

"How long have you all been there?"

"Quite a while" Jody said impatiently.

"Let's just go" I said getting up.

"We have to anyway. Mike told us to be back by 4 for an announcement and it's already quarter to!"

I swear Jody is always in a hurry or complaining about something. I just hope whatever Mike has to say, doesn't affect me in any way. I'm sick of drama and I'm sick of changes.

----------

I entered the lounge to see everybody sitting or standing by the entrance, where Mike was stood. I went and stood between Bailey and Floss. Tyler approached me with a new photo frame, almost identical to the old one.

I smiled and nodded at him as he returned to his seat next to Ryan, who I noticed, was staring at me again. I gave him an evil glare before turning to Mike.

"Marie have you been crying?" Mike asked concerned causing everybody to look at me. I didn't want to tell him anything. I didn't really want Ryan knowing but he does, so I just hope he doesn't tell anyone.

"Umm...?"

"Hay fever!" Ryan butted in, saving me from the situation.

Mike nodded before continuing with the announcement.
"As we missed out holiday to the beach because of some demolition work"
"I said I'm sorry" Sasha pleaded.
"Wait what?" I asked.
"Don't ask!" Floss said.

"As we missed out on our holiday to the beach, Mai Lee and I have been searching for somewhere else to take you."
"Let me guess?" Said Tyler. "A circus and magic camp!"
"No is obviously a football camp!" Jody said.

Everybody started chiming in with where they wanted to go and Mike just stroked his forehead in frustration as he tried to calm the group.

The space began to feel like it was shrinking and I felt stressed and panicked. A thin layer of sweat began forming across my brow and my hands became clammy. I looked over at Ryan who was still looking at me, but now with a worried expression on his face and my breath began to quicken.

He got up and walked towards me through the crowd as my vision began to go blurry and it felt like the room was tipping.

"Mike, Marie!!" I heard him yell, but it sounded distant and echoing. Everything got too much and I fell onto Bailey who luckily caught me before I blacked out.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So what do you think is happening to Marie? Take a guess in the comments and sorry for forgetting the authors note at the bottom of the last part. My bad. I can tell you now that some cute Myan scenes are coming up so keep reading.

LYA xxxxx