The lift of doom

Tee pressed the button for the lift and the silver doors slowly parted.

The lift was small and had a control panel to the left of the door.

We pressed the button for the first floor where everybody would have been waiting for this point.

"So, you and Ryan eh?" Tee teased.

"Don't even start!" I sighed.

"What? You kissed him in front of all of us! Don't think none of us noticed!"

"Well...." I was interrupted by a clanking sound as the lift ground to a sudden halt. But the scary part was, the door didn't open.

"What's going on?" Tee asked.

"What floor are we on?" I said, ignoring the question. We both looked up the the dial that indicated what floor we were on, it was halfway between 3 and 4.

Tee began frantically pressing buttons on the control panel but nothing see,ed to be happening.

"Ok Marie, don't panic" Tee started "but I think the lift has broken down!"

"What!" I yelled, panicking. "I can't be stuck I can't!"
I began to frantically bang on the metal doors even though I knew they wouldn't open.

"Marie calm down..."

"Calm down! Tee we are trapped inside a bloody lift! For all we know the others might never get us out and we could starve to death is that what you want?"

Tears were rolling down my cheeks at this point. I don't like the feeling of small spaces, especially being trapped inside them.

----------

Ryan's POV

"Mike can we start yet?" Floss asked.

"Not until Tee and Marie are down Floss" Mike stated, fed up that we had all been waiting so long.

"They should be back by now! Where are they?" Not going to lie, I was getting worried. Not for Tee, I couldn't care less for Tee, but Marie. I hadn't seen or heard from her in a couple of hours.

"I'm gonna go to their room to get them!" I said. I approached the lift and pressed the button but it didn't light up.

I was too stressed to wait so I just took the stairs. I know, it was a long way. I don't care.

I finally got outside their bedroom door.

I knocked a few times, "Marie? Tee? Hurry up!" There was no reply so I opened the door but neither of them were there!

I ran back into the lounge area. Almost tripping down the stairs as I did so.

"Mike they aren't in the bedroom!"

"What?!"

"I've just been up there, neither of them are inside."

Everybody started talking about how worried they were.

"I'll call Tee" Carmem announced. We all stood silently for a few moments. "She's not answering."

"I'll call Marie then!" I confirmed.

Luckily, she picked up.

R: Marie where are you?

M: Ryan help!

She was breathing really heavily and I could hear Tee trying to comfort her.

R: What's happening where are you!?

T: The lift! It's broken and we're trapped!

R: Don't worry I'm coming. Look after her Tee!

With that I hung up. "Mike their trapped in the lift! What do we do?"