Letting Go

Ryan and I stayed in the bedroom watching movies all day. We were sat in his bed using the laptop to watch Catching Fire!

I was sat on top of Ryan leaning against his chest. He had his arms brought round my waist to the front of me where I held onto his hands.

I don't know what anybody else was doing today. I hadn't heard anything. I didn't even hear anybody come upstairs. I guess Mike took everybody out to the park or something. It's really sunny but we have the curtains closed to watch the films.

I looked at my phone. 5:48!

"Woah it's getting late when's dinner I'm hungry!"

"Isn't that your lunch over there?"

"Yeah but that is from earlier so I don't really want it now. Do you know what's for dinner?"

"Yeah I do"

"Well can you tell me?"

"No. But I can show you!"

"Alright" I said getting up. We both sorted out our clothes that were all twisted from being in bed all day then Ryan put a scarf over my eyes.

"This is like the scariest trust exercise ever!" I stated as he guided me down the stairs.

"I promise you'll love it!" He said.

It suddenly got slightly colder.

"Are we outside?"

"Yep!" He said simply. He kept me walking for a bit. I'm pretty sure he was guiding me in circles so that I lost my sense or direction.

I began to hear other voices. Floss and the twins!

Eventually we came to a stop and Ryan took the blindfold off my face, revealing everybody stood round a table that had cutlery on it and Mike was by a BBQ that was waiting to be lit.

"Well say something?!" Carmen said as I stood there speechless.

"Thanks guys" I smiled. Everyone smiled back then returned to their conversations.

I went and sat on one of the seats at the table.

"I'm sorry for being so mean for the past couple of days. None of you deserved it"

"Yeah but we should have made more effort to actually ask what was wrong, rather than assume you were just in a bad mood" Tyler said.

"What actually is wrong?" Floss asked.

Everyone turned to look at me. Luckily, Mai Lee called me over with the envelope in her hands. "I'm sorry. Nothing in here is real. I'll find out who did it ok?" I nodded as we both walked over to the table where Mai Lee held it up.

"Does anybody recognise this?"

Everyone just stared at it with blank expressions.

"What is it?" Harry asked after a long pause, receiving a nudge and glare from Ryan.

"It's ok" I said "it's a fake letter, photograph and ring. It said it was from my mum"

"So that's what was wrong!" Tee stated.

"Yeah well done captain obvious!" I said sarcastically.

"So nobody knows anything?" Mike asked as he walked over from the BBQ.

Nobody said anything. "In that case, you're all grounded until somebody owns up"

"That's not fair!" Said Jody above the noise and fuss.

"After what Marie has just been through, I think Mike is letting you,off lightly!" Mai Lee said. Everybody watched as she handed the envelope to me.