Why?

I pressed the home button on my phone and the screen lit up, causing me to squint my eyes.

2:24 am. Great. At least there's 100% charge though.

I decided to go downstairs to entertain myself or at least distract myself from all the worried thoughts that we're going through my mind about the camping trip.

Surprisingly, I made it into the kitchen without making a sound. I got a glass of water and then sat down at the table.

I inspected all the pictures that were on the wall. Photos of everybody that lived here. They almost made out that it was all just one, big, happy, normal family. Yeah right.

We're in care. How can we be normal?

"Can't sleep?"

"Seriously can you stop stalking me weirdo!" I grunted as Ryan sat next to me.

"What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing. Just alone with my thoughts until YOU rudely interrupted.

"Well sorry, but I was actually here first."

"Sure you were Ryan, sure you were."

"Why does Bailey think you have a thing for him?"

"Wait a second? Bailey thinks I fancy him?"

"Yup."

"Well I don't! Where did he get that idea from? And didn't he get the message when I pulled my hand out of his earlier?"

"I think he assumed you've forgotten after your panic thing."

"Wow, thanks for bringing that up again."

"Look" he said shuffling closer to me. "Why don't you want to go camping? I mean it's a holiday isn't it? So it's going to be fun right?"

"Oh I don't know Ryan. Maybe it's the fact I've never been before. Maybe it's the fact that I'm  going with a bunch of strangers I only met yesterday, or MAYBE it's the fact that..."

"You're scared." Ryan said cutting me off. I sighed and looked him in the eye.

"How did you know?"

"Everyone knows." I looked at him, questioningly. "Look, when you were asleep Mike told us that you might be a bit nervous about it. He said that was one of the main reasons he chose camping, so that you're learn that you can trust us."

A heavy silence burdened the room as Ryan stared at me.
"What part of camping are you actually afraid of?"

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"Promise."

"Ok, well, I've never been before so this whole thing is new to me, I'm scared of being alone in a forest, I'm scared of being lost, I'm scared of dark and I'm scared of thunderstorms..."

"So camping is like a nightmare?"

"Pretty much."

"Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I had a look at the list earlier and Mai Lee told me who you were sharing with."

"Oh no, just tell me, who is it?"

"Carmen, Tee and Jody."

"I don't mind Tee"

"Really, I can't stand her!"

"I'm just not happy about the other two. You know what I'm off to bed. I'll see you in the morning though yeah?"

"Definitely. I have just had a great idea." His face lit up as he said this, almost like it was Christmas.

"Yeah, meet me in the attic at 8 so we can talk." He continued.

"About what?"

"Don't worry, you'll love it."

"Ok?" I said before going back up the stairs and into bed.

I lay there in silence, my curtains slightly open to let it some light. Why does Ryan want me to meet him? Why is he always watching me and why is he the only person who cares enough to actually talk to me???

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Hey guys thanks for reading!

So a cute little Myan scene for you today. I've got some interesting storylines planned for those two so keep reading and enjoy it!

LYSM💚💚 xx