The Secret Word Game

My mothers voice still rang in my head.

'HELP IT BURNS!'

I knew the voice and it brought my comfort, even though the situation was awful, and I knew it wasn't real.

"Marie wake up!"

I opened my eyes to see Ryan glaring at my from the seat beside me.

"We're home."

----------

It was evening now and everybody was either crowded round the tv, playing some computer game or playing pool.

I walked in and the only acknowledgement I received was Floss waving at me from her spot on the floor. I decided to sit in the kitchen, you know, on an actual chair, not the dusty floors.

"Hey Marie." Mai Lee said as I entered. She was in the process of pouring milk into about 8 plastic cups of multiple colours.

"Hiya. What is everyone so bothered about watching in skied, gesturing towards the tv room.

"It's the quarter final of buy me a star" she said with a nod, picking up the tray of milk.

"You coming?"

"I think I'll pass!" I said rolling my eyes.

"Alright, you know where I am in case you need me or Mike is upstairs unclogging the boys toilet."

"Nice" I said, grimacing.

I got my phone out of my pocket and saw I had a new message. Ryan showed me how to block people so it can't have been from Emily.

I opened up the message which made a smile appear on my face.

'Meet me at the bottom of the garden on the bench in the bushes. I've got a surprise for you
Ryan xx'

I instantly got up and ran into the garden to meet Ryan. Much to my disappointment, her wasn't even there. There was however, a small white envelope with my name and a little red love heart written on it.

Aww.

I opened it to see another note.

'I tried to write a riddle for you here, but I'm no good at it so I'll just have to send you on a hunt, to find your surprise! I'll tell you now, you're going to love it!
I've told everybody in the house a secret word. Ask the right person at the right time and you'll be taken to the next clue! The first person you have to ask likes to play pranks and trick people! Good luck xxx'

Tyler! I thought. I ran back into the tv room to see Tyler playing pool with Jody and Bailey.

"Tyler!" I shouted across the room.

"What? It's my shot!" He said.

I got closer to him so that we could speak. "Tyler I need to know your secret word!"

"Fine." He sighed. "My secret word is popcorn!"

Popcorn? Popcorn! In the kitchen cupboard! "Thanks Tyler!" I said running out of the room, towards the kitchen.

I swung open the cupboard door where the popcorn in kept and sure enough, there was another note there.

'So, I put the note in the popcorn because I know it's your favourite snack on movie night! The next person you need to ask is Floss. Your getting closer xxx'

I speedily ran up the stairs and barged into Floss's room to see her in a white tutu dancing like a total idiot.

"Are you here to watch me dancing?"

"No Floss I need your secret word?"

"Is that the word that Ryan told me to tell you?

"Yes it is so what is it?!"

"The word Ryan told me was Jeff"

"What? Whose Jeff?"

"Harry's giraffe"

"Oh right, thanks Floss!"

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So I'm going to try and squeeze in a few storylines from the show as well as my own ideas. Let me know what you're think of them.

ILY 💚💚💚