Skate Night

"Harry, just tell me where Jeff is!" I said looking up in frustration.

"Why do you need him?!"

"I just do so tell me!!!!"

"Well Ryan put him in Mischiefs bed"

"Thank you!" I said throwing my hands up and running downstairs.

I got to the corner where the dog bed was in and saw Jeff, he had an envelope tied round his neck.

'This is the last clue. As you can guess, I didn't want to tie it to mischief but the next person you must ask is Tee. Good luck. xxx'

----------

It took me ages to find Tee. She was in the garden with Carmen who was stressing about something or another.

"Tee? What's your secret word?"

"Mine was Sasha"

"Great, where is she?"

"In her room why?"

"Doesn't matter!"

I ran into the house and upstairs into Sasha's room and barged into her room.

"Sasha what's your secret word?!"

"Calm down" she said. She was on her phone and looked extremely fed up.

"Please Sasha?"

"My word was attic."

"Thank you so much Sasha!"

"What's the secret word thing anyway?"

"Doesn't matter. Bye Sash!"

I legged it down the hall into the attic. It was dark and dusty with the only light coming in was from the small window.

I had no idea what I was meant to be looking for so I just began searching for anything.
I looked in a pile of boxes by the door and I looked on the shelves at the back. Nothing.

After looking around for ages, I plonked myself down on a beanbag and stared up at the ceiling which is where I saw it. Another white envelope was hanging off the ceiling.

I grabbed a cardboard box and stood up onto it but I still couldn't reach. I jumped up and grabbed the envelope but I fell off the box and ended up falling to the ground. It didn't make much noise though so I don't think I disturbed anyone.

I slowly opened up the envelope expecting another long note. All that was there was a tiny little note and two slips of brightly coloured paper! Tickets to skate night! Tomorrow night! I can't wait!

I took out the tiny note.

'I hope your as excited as I am for skate night this Saturday!'

Honestly, I couldn't wait! I've never been skating before so I don't know if I can do it but I'll be with Ryan which will be nice.

----------

I walked into the dining room holding the tickets in my hand.

"You found them then" Ryan said from his place at the table.

"Yeah" I nodded as I sat beside him.

"What do you think?"

"I'm really excited! Can't wait!"

"Brilliant! Hide them though cuz I don't want Tee and Sasha to find out!"

"Ok" I said pulling them onto my lap as everyone slowly came in for dinner.

We had been eating our stew for a while when Jody whispered something in my ear.

"He really likes you, you know. He never does anything nice to anyone! He's rarely even civil towards any of us! Then when you came, he got distracted."

"What are you two whispering about?" Tee asked.

"Football" I lied.

"What about it?" Bailey asked.

I hesitated. Trying to think fast.

"Um..."

"Marie was thinking about trying out for the girls league!" Jody blurted out.

"Were you?" Asked Bailey. "Because tryouts for the one I go to are on Wednesday."

"Um...Well?"

"That's sorted. I'll introduce you to the coach and you can try and get onto the team!"
Bailey sounded really excited and enthusiastic, whereas Ryan looked like he was plotting Bailey's murder.

"Yay" I said faking a smile.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

I cannot believe how popular this book is! Thanks for voting and sharing it means so much xxx I don't know if I'll ever be able to tell you how much sharing my story means, how happy I feel.

Love you xx