Settling In

"This is your new room. You can decorate it how you like, but for now, just clean yourself up and try and get some rest yeah? I'll leave you too it."

With that, Mike walked out the room. The walls were a dark brown and the carpet was white. There was a wardrobe and a bed, a set of drawers and a desk and a small bedside table.

I walked towards the bed and set my suitcase on the floor beside it before changing into my pyjamas. I took my teddy out of my bag and gave him a tight squeeze before getting out my diary and sitting cross legged on my bed.

I felt so much anger and confusion that I had to get it down on paper. It was past midnight when I finally laid down in bed and closed my eyes.

(The next morning)

I opened my eyes and began to hear whispering coming from outside my door.

"You knock Tyler, it was you who broke it!" Said the northern boy.

"I'm too nervous!" Another boy who I now know is Tyler retaliated.

"Look" said the football girl, "you didn't even ask her name, or even say hello before you soaked her with a water bomb and destroyed her photo! Knock on the door and apologise!"

This continued for quite some time. Whilst it did I got out of bed and threw on the same clothes from yesterday before walking towards the door.

"Tyler your gonna have to do it sooner or later!" I heard the northern boy speak again.

I swung the door open only to receive a shocked look in return.

"I came to say sorry." Tyler said. "I didn't mean to break it or drop the water balloon on you. I didn't even know you had arrived!" He held out my photo to me which he had taped back together.

"I'm sorry too." Said the football girl. "You know, for being up in your face."

"And I'm sorry basically for all the events that happened last night." Said the northern boy. "Even though none of them were my fault!"

"Don't worry about it" I said looking down at the ground.
"Are you sure?" Tyler asked.
"Please, I just want to be alone for a bit"
"Ok" the northern boy said "but Mikes making breakfast so you're gonna have to come down sooner or later.
"I'll be down soon" I sighed.

I stepped into my room and slammed the door. I walked over to my dressing table I placed the photo down even though it wasn't in a frame. Then I started to cry. I cried for at least 10 minutes before Mike came in.

He sat down on my bed beside me and said "It gets better you know. I've seen many kids come and go. Many were like you actually. But the pain will ease and you'll find yourself starting to fit in. Trust me."

"Is that like your catchphrase round here? Trust me? Because this place seems to be running on trust and quite frankly so far nobody has earned any from me."

"Just be patient. I spoke to Tyler and he is going into town after breakfast to buy you a new frame.."

"He can hardly replace the photo though can he? It was the only one I had, Mike, and now it's ruined." Tears began to pour down my face again. There was a moment or awkward silence before I spoke up again.

"Last night" I began " did anyone notice...this?" I gestured towards the top of my chest on the left hand side where my skin was deformed because of a burn.

"I doubt it." The man replied. "They were all tired and it wasn't very bright and I think your hoodie covered it up. I think you should join us for breakfast though. I don't want you moping around on an empty stomach."

"Ok" I said wiping my eyes before following the man out the room and down the stairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I've just come up with the first storyline that majorly involves Ryan! I'll be posting it either today or tomorrow but I plan to post a part to this story every day so that I don't leave you all waiting!

Love you all xx