Lost Somewhere In Between (A...

By ImagiWorksNation

Nikki Northington is the star goalie on her Championship Soccer Team, a 5SOS fanatic, and the fun, reckless... More

Lost Somewhere In Between
Author's Note
Chapter 1 Who would possibly want to watch me?
Chapter 2 My Aunt Is Very Scary
Chapter 3 The Creepy Guy On The Airplane
Chapter 4 I'm Related to a Superstar
Chapter 5 Cook Me A Meal!!!
Chapter 6 Who calls at 1 in the morning???
Chapter 7 Take Me to the Guitar Store
Chapter 8 She Won't Forget Me Soon...
Chapter 9 Five boys, four friends, three kids, two buddies, one cousin
Chapter 9 He took away my Xbox
Chapter 10 Sing Me A Song
Chapter 11 My Pillow Just Talked???
Chapter 12 We Are Best Friends, Remember?
Chapter 13 Liam's Hair
Chapter 14 Yeah, I Play Football
Chapter 15 Heartbreakers VS Troublemakers
Chapter 16 Only Harry Knows The Truth
Chapter 17 My Best Friend Meets My Cousin
Chapter 18 All Because Of Louis
Chapter 19 Stuck In Her Daydreams
Chapter 20 My Cousin's Girlfriend Is The Best
Chapter 21 I Want To Go To Australia
Chapter 22 Do I sound like I'm from around here?
Chapter 23 The Princess of Polar Bears
Chapter 24 Eleanor Knows Best
Chapter 25 The CD Keeps Me Calm
Chapter 26 Spin The Harry!!!! Literally!
Chapter 27 We Just Got Friend Zoned
Chapter 29 Falling Hard
Chapter 30 Secrets Eventually Catch Up To You
Chapter 31 Something I Had Seen Before
Chapter 32 What If.......
Chapter 33 Fairy Tales Have Happy Endings
Chapter 34 Let's Play Dress Up
Chapter 35 Five Seconds of I may pass out
Chapter 35 Something I Didn't Want
Chapter 36 Can You Give Me A Tip?
Chapter 37 I Can Promise You
Chapter 38 More Than This
Chapter 39 My Dream Boy Is Not Him
Chapter 40 No Need To Fear, Because Frakenstein Is Here
Chapter 42 Recording With Styles
Chapter 43 I Scream for Ice Cream
Chapter 43 They All Lied.....
Chapter 44 Up All Night
Chapter 45 Lost
Chapter 47 Somewhere
Chapter 48 Just Can't Let Her Go
Chapter 49 Gotta Get Out part 1
Chapter 50 Gotta Get Out part 2
Chapter 51 Criminals For Dummies
Chapter 52 Tell Me Why
Chapter 53 Paul To The Rescue
Chapter 54 Who Needs Pockets?
Chapter 55 When There Is A Flame Someone Is Bound To Get Burnt
Chapter 56 Over Again (No More Of Nothing)
Chapter 57 When You're 15
Chapter 58 Something To Fight For Part 1
Chapter 59 Something To Fight For Part 2
Chapter 60 Louis Can't Stop
Chapter 61 See or Sea?
Chapter 62 Teach Me
Chapter 63 Old Seaway Road
Chapter 64 Don't Judge the Sweater
Chapter 65 How To Save A Life Part 1
Chapter 66 How To Save A Life Part 2
Chapter 67 Positive Thoughts
Chapter 68 Let Me Eat My Biscuit
Chapter 69 One Step Closer
Chapter 70 It's Gone For Good
Sequel: Found Somewhere Near The End
1st Anniversary :)

Chapter 41 Wash Away My Worries

6K 132 43
By ImagiWorksNation

A/N: Before I start, may I say something....

Aren't Oreos, just awesome?

If you read this and agree, comment OREOS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!

My favorite part is the chocolate if you were wondering.

If you want to have a debate in my comment sections about which part you like best that's fine too....

Oh another thing....

I was watching a video on One Direction and they were talking about Fan Fictions. And Harry said that in some fan fictions, he finds them offensive.

So, NOT THAT THIS WOULD PROBABLY EVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND, if One Direction is reading this, I am sorry if it's offensive to you in any way, especially Niall and Harry. I know you guys would never fight and some of this stuff you would never do. So sorry if you think it's offensive......

Just saying. Again, not like One Direction would probably ever read this, but just in case.... I'm sorry.

So, now back to my story!

Nikki's POV

"I'm next." I muttered to myself, putting my chin under the warm water of my bathtub, repeating the words I had read on the rock last night.

According to my amazing, talented, all knowing cousin, I wasn't aloud to take a shower because of the stitches. This resulted in me submerging my body into almost boiling water in my bathtub, which hurt but felt too good to resist at the same time.

"Ow!" I cried as it burnt my skin.

"Never thought it hurt so bad!" A voice answered my cry of displeasure.

I froze.

There were five people that it could possibly be considering it was a young male's voice and it was a One Direction song he was singing.

"Harry Edward Styles! Get OUT of my room!" I shouted at him angrily. Thank god the bathtub was behind the door of the bathroom, so nobody could see you if they walked in. "I'm taking a bath! And how the heck did you get in here, my door was locked!"

"Oh god!" He exclaimed, his voice getting more distant. I couldn't see him, but I could imagine he was backing away from the bathroom. "I'm sorry, I didn't know, I just wanted to talk..."

"Harry get OUT!" I demanded and I heard the door quickly open and slam shut.

Good.

He was gone.

That idiot.

What is with British people like him?

Did he not understand that some people needed privacy?

And I locked my door! He never said how he got in here.

As I did the usual bath procedures, I found it very hard to not get my forehead wet while washing my hair.

I could NOT get the stitches wet or, according to Louis, Paul would get very angry with me.

"Well what if i rains?" I had asked him.

"Don't give me that sass." He had replied in a sassy tone with a wink. "Who do you think you are?"

"Your cousin." I had pointed out.

Well, that was our usual conversations.

We always teased each other about being related to the other and then sassing each other.

I had always wanted to have a Sass Battle with Louis.

I wasn't sure exactly who would win, but Zayn had told me that he would've put money on me.

I scrambled out of the bed and put on some jeans, some Vans, a T-shirt, and a warm hoodie that had randomly appeared in my room yesterday.

Then I put my hair up in a wet messy ponytail before walking stiffly down the stairs.

"Good morning Nikki!" Liam greeted as he spotted me.

"Hey Liam." I strode over to him. He was the only one in the kitchen (Which was a shock!) "Where is everyone else?"

"Niall's in the bathroom, Louis went into the garage to get some syrup we store in there, Harry is taking a shower, and Zayn is still asleep." Liam said really fast in that thick british accent of his.

"Thanks." I gave him a thumbs up. "Thanks for that lovely summary."

"Your welcome." He smiled up at me.

Awww, cheeky Liam.

"I'm going to go for a walk around the house." An idea filtered into my mind.

I just had to know....

"A walk around the house?' Liam repeated hesitantly. "Is it safe?"

"I'll be right outside." I gave him a smile for caring about me.

Well I was hit in the head with a rock yesterday by whom I believed to be my dad.

"If something happens, I'll scream and shout and let it all out okay?" I smiled at him.

"Alright." He sighed.

As I walked towards the front door, I heard him humming that song I had just referred to.

With a giggle, I ventured into the yard and wondered around the bend of the house.

It was chilly in London today, the sky a dark gray color.

Something told me it was going to pour.

Ugh!

I found where my window was and peered up at where it was two stories above me.

A shiver went down my spine when I realized from where I had been sitting last night when I had gotten hit was not visible from this angle. I tried rotating around it, but there still would have been no way my Dad could have seen me.

So that means he had wanted to hit.... Niall?

So he's after Me, Louis, and Niall now? The possibility of Harry was on the line too since my dad saw him with me at the studio.

With a nervous sigh, I started walking back towards the front of the house.

"Good morning." Harry's voice greeted me, and I saw him leaning against the tree in the front yard.

"Good morning." I said in a confused voice and gave him a weird look. "So can you like... I don't know, learn to knock. Please?"

"I'm sorry about that." Harry gave me an apologetic grin. "I'll try my best to knock next time. I just wanted to talk to you...."

"Well what if I hadn't wanted to talk to you?" I said smugly.

"Why wouldn't you want to talk to me?" Harry blinked in puzzlement.

"Uh, I don't know." I shrugged sarcastically. "Last time I wasn't on laughing gas, we were in a fight about you kissing me."

"Hey, hey, hey." He said annoyed, crossing his arms. "Remember, you kissed me back too. And we aren't in a fight."

"So stomping up the stairs and going to hide in your room wasn't you being mad at me in any way or fashion?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Look," Harry sighed. "I was just stunned okay. Can we like forget any of this ever happened?"

"Even the kiss." I said bitterly. "No offense Harry, but you kind of ruined it for me. I can't just forget a moment like that."

"So you didn't like my kiss." Harry snickered.

"It was okay, but it doesn't really mean anything to me." I shook my head.

"So you didn't feel anything?" Harry asked, stiffening a little.

"Nope." I blinked.

"Hmmmm..." Harry said as it started to lightly rain.

I looked up at the sky as the rain drops splattered on my cheeks.

"Dry lightning cracks across the skies...." I sang softly. "Those storm clouds gather in a rise..."

"What song is that?" Harry asked, blinking at me in awe.

"Blown Away by Carrie Underwood." i replied, returning his gaze.

He smiled and shielded his eyes from the rain. "You wanna go somewhere?"

"Where?" I let out a laugh. "It's raining!"

"It's a surprise." Harry grinned mysteriously. "But you have to be willing to go."

"Alright." I smiled.

I never turn down surprises.

"Will Louis let me go?" I followed him as we walked back to the front door. "Considering the events of last night?"

That reminded me that I had stitches in my head and they were probably getting wet.

Oh well.

Screw it!

"We will have to take a body guard." Harry nodded as he opened the door. "But I will make him wait outside."

I nodded and we walked into the kitchen.

"Please don't be so loud!" Zayn growled as we walked in. "I just woke up people!"

"I am not loud!" Louis practically shouted.

"Yeah you are." I laughed and they all looked over at us.

"Why are both of you soaking wet?" Liam laughed.

"It started raining." Harry simply said and all the others started laughing.

"Your stitches!" Louis seemed to be the only one that wasn't laughing.

"It water Lou." I retorted. "I'm sure they will be fine."

"Fine." Louis grumbled. "Don't come complaining to me when it doesn't heal right."

"Um, Louis can I take Nikki somewhere?" Harry asked slowly.

Louis blinked at him and then exchanged a glance with me. I shrugged.

"Where?" Louis raised his eyebrows.

Harry rolled his eyes and then walked over to Louis' side to whisper in his ear.

Louis let out a laugh. "Why would you take her to..."

"Shhh!" Harry cut him off. "It's a surprise!"

"Whatever you say." Louis laughed and gave me a weird look. "Just please take a body guard with you."

"Sure," Harry shrugged. "I'll call Paul."

Harry dialed a number in his phone, probably Paul's, and walked into the other room to talk.

"So where's he taking me because I have no idea." I said blankly.

"It's a surprise apparently." Louis chuckled. "I can't tell you."

"I'm sure I'll figure it out before I get there anyways." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Like you do everything else?" Louis teased and I huffed a breath of air.

"What are you talking about?" Niall was clearly confused.

"Nikki finds out about everything." Louis let out a moan. "It's like she's psychic or something."

"Or maybe it's because I'm so smart!" I chirped. "And a good listener."

"Yeah, yeah." Louis rolled his eyes. "We all know you got the good traits in the family."

"Not all of them." I commented. "You got the singing and acting trait. The creative arts."

"You play a musical instrumental." Louis retorted.

"Yeah, but I can't sing." I pointed out.

Irony is gonna get me back in 3....2...1...

"Correction." Louis said back at me in a flash. "You can sing, you just don't sing. Everyone can sing."

"Not everyone." I argued.

"Everyone may not sing well, but they have the ability to sing." Liam joined in.

"Thank you Liam, for helping me prove my point." Louis smirked at me. "Plus, i haven't even heard you sing so I don't know what you sound like..."

"And you never will." I lied. "Because I sing very badly."

"Okay!" Harry came back into the room.

He was probably eavesdropping.

"Paul is on his way here." Harry said as someone knocked on the door. "Or... he is already here."

"Bye my cousin!" Louis called as Harry ushered me out the door and into Paul's protective view. "Be safe!"

"Okay!" I called back and then muttered. "No promises."

"I'll get you back in one piece." Paul heard my comment and lead me and Harry to his car.

Once we were in and buckled, Paul started driving.

"Does Paul know where we we are going?" I asked in surprise as we pulled out of the neighborhood.

"Yep." Harry smiled. "The beauty of private phone calls, huh?"

I sighed.

"Louis told me you are good at figuring stuff out." Harry laughed at my disappointment. "Trust me, you will never guess where I'm taking you."

"Awww man." I pouted and crossed my arms.

"We'll be there in about 10 minutes." Paul promised.

I laid my forehead across the cold window, the part where there were no stitches feeling better with the soothing touch of glass.

Some Taylor Swift song was playing in the background.

"Can you um... change it." Harry coughed at Paul.

We were both stuck in the backseat with no control over the radio.

"I don't know." Paul grinned. "I like this song."

"Paul!" Harry said in anger and Paul laughed.

"Chill, I will turn it."

He flipped it and a Justin Bieber song came on.

"What's wrong Harry?" I teased. "Can't take a little bit of Taylor?"

"Don't you know?" He grumbled, crossing his arms.

"That you two dated?" I laughed. "How can I not? It was everywhere!"

"Great." Harry sighed and gave me a tired look. "Let me guess. You are a fan of hers."

"Well I was a fan of hers." I stressed the was. "Back when she sang country music. The hip hops a little too much for me."

"You like country music?" He gave me a weird look.

"Dude!" I said in shock. "I'm from the SOUTH. How can I hate country music?"

"When you say South are you talking about states in America near the south eastern coast?" He asked.

I face palmed.

How would I expect a british kid named Harry Styles to understand what it was like to be southern?

"I'm from Florida." I explained. "It's near Georgia, South Carolina, and Alabama. Do you know what I'm talking about?"

"Not really, but if you like country music then I guess you like all the stuff they mention in the songs." Harry shrugged.

"Honey." I put my hand on his shoulder. "When we get back to the house, I will sing you some country music."

"Why wait until we go back home?" He gave me a mysterious grin.

"What?" I said confused.

"OH LOOK WE ARE HERE!" Harry exclaimed and jumped out of the car.

I followed and saw that Paul had pulled up next to a small brick building.

"I'll wait out her." Paul rolled down the window and Harry nodded.

"Harry," I said as I walked up to the building. "Why did you bring me to a little brick house?"

"It's not a brick house." Harry walked passed me and stood in the door way.

He pulled out a key from his pocket and slowly unlocked the door.

"Well go on." He gestured after a moment of hesitation.

I walked in and blinked as darkness engulfed me.

"What do you think?" Harry shut the door behind us, making things pitch black.

"I can't see." I said sarcastically. "There is too much light in here."

"Okay Miss Sassy." Harry laughed and flicked on the lights. "What do you think now?"

I gasped in shock and smiled in delight at the scene in front of me.

"Harry!" I squealed in excitement.

This was going to be great!!!!

****************

A/N: Cliffhanger!

This time it is not a scary one. But where do you think he took her?

And sorry for the short chapter.

I am tired again.

Haha.

Maybe I should write these when I'm more awake. :)

Again, I'm reminding you about the trailer Competition. If you are interested, let me know....

also, if you need help with any of your own books, I will be happy to help give you ideas and stuff. Just ask!!! :D

Now kids, go watch a movie, read another book or fan fic, eat food, or go to sleep....

I'm going to bed....

Talk to you next update!!!!!! :D

Trivia Question:

WHAT WAS THE NAME OF THE GIRL NIKKI GOT IN A FIGHT WITH OVER THE FIRST DRESS?

Answer and comment what I said to in the first author's note! Oreos!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 999 31
"Love is confusing. But, once you know how to control it, it can change a life," I whispered, beaming at my brother that I loved far too much. ...
15.7K 142 22
Charlotte fulfills her dying sister's wish by going into One Direction's audition to join them for their world tour, and she makes it! She is going t...
154 10 12
Life for Kyle Hall couldn't be better. She and her cousins, Malakai and Kiran, form the band The Keys and their recent success at the Annual Red Cros...
48.8K 704 36
Nikki is an orphan and is living with the 5th foster family of her life. Louis Tomlinson then shows up at her doorstep one day, she doesn't believe h...