Chapter 9 Five boys, four friends, three kids, two buddies, one cousin

A/N: Okay, okay, I know I didn't get 25 votes, but how could I not post this bit when my book reads have nearly doubled over night? You guys are awesome! I hope you enjoy this next part. I liked this chapter. Don't forget to comment! :)

**************************

Niall's POV

I knocked on Nikki's door, my chestnut guitar in my hand. She opened it and smiled.

"Hey Niall." Her smile was beautiful. Then her eyes wondered down to my guitar. "Is that your guitar?" Her eyes lit up when she saw it.

"Yeah." I nodded. "May i come in?"

"Of course." She opened the door fully. A radio was playing music softly in the background and there were magazines on her bed. She plopped down on her bed and moved the magazines over so I could sit down.

"Can you play me something?" Nikki asked, her brown eyes sparkling. "I mean, I keep forgetting your a member of One Direction. Heck, i haven't even heard you sing yet."

Then I started strumming and I sang 'Live While We're Young'. The way her eyes sparkled and the way she smiled was priceless. I could see it in her eyes; she was in love with music. Not just my singing, but the guitar to.

"Wow." She nodded at me with a wide grin. "You sound so much better without the song edits."

"Who says I use sound edits?" I teased.

"I went to your Up All Night tour." Nikki laughed. "When you sing normally, you sound rich and pure. With the effects you sound slurry and fake."

"You went to the Up All Night tour?" I asked puzzled. "Why didn't you say hi to Louis?" I could have met her long before this.

Nikki grew uncomfortable and she looked around. "I'm not supposed to tell anyone this, but my mom doesn't like Louis' side of the family."

"Why?" I asked confused.

"My dad is bad man and Louis is his nephew. My mom wants me as far from my dad as possible." Nikki said softly. She sighed. "That's why i was so surprised she let me come here. Wherever she was going must have been pretty important considering she changed her mind quickly."

I nodded in understanding. "Yeah, but anyways..." I held my guitar to her. "This is for you, love."

"Wait, what?" She said confused.

I laughed. "I'm giving you my guitar."

"W--why?" She stuttered.

I laughed harder. "Because I want to! And you haven't got a guitar for the summer. I have two other ones anyways." I placed it in her hands. "take it."

"I promise I'll take care of it, Niall." Nikki smiled. "And I'll give it back to you before I leave!"

"Keep it." I shook my head with a smile. "It's your guitar now." I closed her hands around the fingerboard. "Besides, I owe you for putting up with that lady this morning."

Nikki smiled up at me, her eyes glazed happily. Then she slowly leaned in and gave me a hug. "Thank you Niall."

I grinned. "You are welcome."

************************

Harry's POV

"Nikki doll!" I shouted playfully, skipping up the stairs.

"What are you doing Harry?" Louis gave me a weird look. He was wearing a red striped shirt and skinny jeans and he didn't spike up his hair like usual. He looked like the old Louis from last year. I missed that Louis. He wasn't as playful. Don't get me wrong, he was still crazy, but he wasn't as crazy.