Loving My Best Friend

Від a_bose04

Two best friends... Aiden and Enid. Aiden was the star football player and co-captain of the team and Enid wa... Більше

Chapter: 1
Chapter: 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 6

5.2K 182 12
Від a_bose04

Enid's POV

I wasn't even adjusted with the brightness of the surroundings when Dustnot brought me food in my room. He was about to leave the room when he stopped and looke at me, smiling.

"Get ready. You have school." He said, "Ethan has already left."

"And mom and dad?" I asked.

"They are in their rooms." With that he left.

I got out of the bed and got to the bathroom to get ready. The cool water was smoothing my body that it had to tolerate for yesterday's torture. I couldn't bring myself to know what I did to deserve it. It really was torture. Maybe my body would cope with it later, but now it was killing me. I only played because it made me feel good and I felt closer to Aiden more. And now after watching yesterday's events, I wasn't so sure at all.

Maybe it was a all very big mistake. Maybe we won't come closer, maybe we would drift apart. Though I'm no one to compare to Aiden,  but competition may ruin our friendship. Shit! Why didn't I thought that through? Or maybe I thought it. I couldn't remember and what was done was done. No turning back.

By the time I left my house, I saw Aiden waiting for me in the driveway with a frown on his face. That meant he was thinking something hard. I opened the car door and entered without a word.

"'M sorry." That was the first words of the day from his mouth. I didn't know if I should be happy or worried. "I shouldn't have left you there with him alone." He said clenching his stirring wheel harder.

I had never seen him so tensed before. So, I put my hand on his.

"It's okay. I wasn't alone with him there. Why are you behaving like this? Don't you trust me?" I asked, worried.

"Of course, I trust you. It's just him. You don't know him. He's very clever and he put you on the team means he has something on his mind."

"Maybe, maybe not. Who cares? He can't hurt me if that's what you are fussing about."

"I'm not..." He calmed himself down. "Anyway, I hope he's not gonna take advantage of you, still I want you to be safe."

"I know." I couldn't stop myself from smiling. "Come on, we need to get to the school." I said messing his hair up. He smiled back.

"Sure." And we were off to the school.

Never realized when we reached this mutual understanding, but we knew each other too well to forget about each other for even one nano-second. Everyone was in the parking lot. They all very well knew that we were late always. So they swallowed the information bitterly and kept waiting for us.

Aiden firstly said sorry for his behaviour and everything seemed to be the same again. Had the boring classes with everyone and the time for the practice came. That had been my routine for one week already. I had been practicing like maniacs. How did everyone manage with it?

"Enid! Focus!" Rick shouted. I quickly turned and the pain was there again. This thing is like a leech, didn't give me a good night's sleep for a week now. The pain shot through my neck and straight to my back. I winced, rubbing my neck.

"Damn it." I didn't know I made any kind of sound until I realised Rick had dropped the ball and came running to me. He placed a hand on my neck and started rubbing.

"Are you alright?" He sounded worried. I looked at Aiden who was running to get to me. He placed a hand on my cheek to get me to look at him.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I answered Aiden's pleading eyes. He smiled sadly.

"What is it?" Coach asked as serious as ever.

"Nothing. It's just I..." I was cut off quickly.

"Aiden, help him." He ordered before he left. I looked at Aiden and we walked to the locker room without a word, but it was neither uncomfortable nor pleasant. In real world we never really needed to say so many words around each other.

He opened the medicine cabinet in the locker room, got the spray out and he gave it a good shake looking at me. I sat there on the bench in front of him, my legs either side of the bench. He went behind me and opened he cap with a pop. The sound echoed throughout the locker room. He caught my shirt on the hem and started to pull it out slowly. I didn't protest. Though it was no first time that I would be shirtless in front of him, I felt self conscious, his hands leaving a burning sensation wherever they touched. The cool spray against my burning skin was soothing. I cracked my neck a few moments later and it felt good as new.

"Are you fine now?" Aiden asked me from behind making me shiver, handing me the shirt back.

"Yeah," I responded. "So, how do you know I snapped my neck?"

"What do you mean? Your voice echoed through the field."

"What?!" I said looking at him, he only gave a small smile in response. "Great! Come on. We have to go back to the practice now." I said getting up.

"Oh! Someone's getting interested in practice day by day." His tone was something that I didn't like, it sounded like it was indicating something else entirely. I didn't answer him, but got out of the locker room with Aiden on my toe almost dragging him across the field. Rick, Emmett came near us as Sky approached with water bottle in his hand.

"Are you all right now?" Sky asked.

People worried too much about small things. "Yes, Sky." I said smiling and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Let's get back to where we left off." Emmett said removing my hand and also took the bottle with him. He took water from a thirsty person, he was definately going to burn in hell.

We went back to practices. Sky was sitting on the bench quietly as usual. There was something about this boy. He was like a little brother to me from the day we first met, to Ethan also.

After practice, Ethan came to the field that day too. Rick and I was discussing about my defence. Ethan was coming everyday for a week, either it was for Sally or just watching everyone practice, specially me. After all I'm his twin. Of course I mattered more than anyone.

"What are you doing here?" Rick asked first.

"Baby!" Sally came running to Ethan and hung herself from his neck before Rick could answer him. Woah! Poor Eth! Ethan glanced at Rick past me and he turned his head away as Amy came to him too.

Where were they, not a moment ago? How come they came so fast and most importantly from where?! But, the expression on the two boys' face was priceless. They were embarrassed and at the same time angry with each other or is it jealousy? Definately, somethings going on between them. "Really?!"

"What 'really'?" Aiden asked coming beside me.

"What?" I asked. He frowned. Well, I was also confused what he was talking about or if I could tell him, yet.

"You're really weird, bro." He slapped on my back and I stumbled into Rick's arms. It wasn't as if I was weak, I was just a little drained out after the practice.

"Are you okay?" Rick asked. People asked if I was okay way too many times. It was actually getting irritating.

"Yeah, thanks." I assured him.

"Oh God, Enid! I'm so sorry." Aiden said grabbing me and steadying me up.

I put up a hand to him. "It's okay. Let's go." Then I looking at everyone, bade them goodbye. Everyone said byes to us too. Ethan and Rick also came behind us to drop their respective girlfriends at their homes.

"We went to Aiden's car and got in. He drove off from school parking lot. He was too quiet for his own nature.

"Hey," I said sleepily as my eyes were shutting close slowly. I put my hand on his as he wasn't saying anything. He flinched away. 'What the hell!'

"So sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. Sorry." I repeated in a low voice.

"No, it's okay. I was just thinking." He said calmly.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He said smiling a bit.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Cent percent?" I asked dragging each word.

"Yes."

"Really?" I asked skeptically.
He looked at me, we both smiled. I was satisfied. Now he looked less stressed. "I know you're stressed about the games, about me, but don't put too much pressure on yourself. Rick'll handle most of it." His grip on the wheel tightened.

"Anyway, sorry for pushing you." Aiden said sighing.

"No, you didn't push me. It wasn't your fault. Don't beat yourself up. It was just an accident." My voice was drifting and everything was blacked. I was off to my dream land. I was sure I was gonna dream about Aiden, my best friend from childhood days, as usual. And I couldn't keep him out of my dreams no matter how much I tried.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

24.8K 1.5K 5
A young wizard has been sentenced to prison for a crime he has somewhat, yet unintentionally, commited. He thinks he deserves it.
109K 4.7K 34
Only a few months after his dad's death, Daniel decides to leave his hometown to study in an art school at countryside. New ambience would surely hel...
2.5K 214 53
Harry potter's sister × Draco Malfoy WARNING : THIS BOOK IS WEIRD! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!! Started : 27 August , 2023 Completed:
308K 4.3K 34
These are random scenes my mind creates every night when I'm going to bed, feel free to suggest any imagines. once was... 1# in horcruxes 161# in har...