Once a dream, then a reality(...

By JRehbein

Katherine William, is a normal 18 years old girl, whose about to get to college when her dream comes true and... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.

13.

58 1 0
By JRehbein

On that weekend I've finally told my parents I got an oportunity to follow a music career and that was all I wanted. They made me think about college and the risks I was taking, because they were happy but also concerned about everything. They knew, and so did I, that I could get an album but don't get much sucsess and then I would have to get back to college or get a job, wich was going to be difficult.

Anyway, after a long talk they supported me, that meant a lot to me. On monday I met Margaret at her office, my parents came with me to understand everything. She told us that I was going to have to months to Dj at a lot of discos and small festivals, not just in Miami. During that time I was supposed to create new musics to my album and in two months I would be releasing it. I was happy and nervous, it was a mix of feelings.
On that week I met my manager and publicist that Margaret got for me, Maria Orsik, she was nice and seemed professional, when we met she started saying that she would make me appear everywhere and make sure my album was bought a lot and make sure I would play in the bigest discos and festivals she could get me in. That sounded nice.

That week past flying, with meetings and me trying to have an idea of what I wanted for my first album, I almost didn't notice that Anton, Dillon and Martin weren't there. Anton and Dillon were in Las Vegas and Martin in Canada, I could only think that in a couple months my life would be similar to theirs and I was happy for that.

Two more days past and I was now meeting them at my place for lunch. My parents were working and my brother was having lunch with Jade to celebrate 2 months aniversary, I coudn't believe it's been so long ans I've only knew since some weeks ago.
I was telling them about my crazy week and they seemed interested on what I was saying.

"I can say you're excited, that's good" Anton said.

"That's fucking cool, you're going to be big Katy" Dillon said and grabbed a slice of pizza.

"Yeah, I can't wait to play in the same festivals with you, we should defenily work on a music together" Martin said excited.

"That sounds cool, I hope you're talking serious"

"Of course I am!" Martin replied.

My phone started ringing on the table we were sitting at, I looked to the screen and it said Maria. I picked that up and she told me she had find a club called Triangle that was oppening in two days and that they would have Martin Garrix on the big oppening, I smiled, he was just in front of me and he looked to me like I was crazy, then she told me the good news, Martin was playing since 12am to 2am, I was playing since 10pm to 12am, that was huge, Martin has a lot of fans, so that's big publicity, I hung up and told them.

"Wow, that's huge and see, we are already playing in the same places, I'm guessing, since our music is similar we'll be playing a lot at the same places" I though about it. Zeed's and Porter's music was a little different but compared to Martin's music it was really different. I was a big fan of Zedd and Porter Robinson, but they were music producers and I was like Martin and Dillon, a Dj. I liked that, because, under my shy-for-the-people-I-don't-know-self, I was really not shy on stage.

After lunch we watched a movie, Dillon fell asleep on my sofa all crooked and drooling, Martin snapped him, he looked hillarious. When the movie was over we talked for a while, it was good spending time with them. Then they left and I got back to the sofa, realizing how in a short period of time they started to mean so much to me and just to be without them for a week like I just had it made me miss them so, so much. 

Then I looked around to search for the control remote but something catched my eye, a brown leather wallet, I grabbed it and didn't even had to look for an ID to know the owner of that, I've seen Anton holding that several times, like when we get frozen yogurt or at the festival in LA when we were eating waffles, he always insisted to pay, so I recognized it and missed those moments with him, wich made me feel a strange feeling on my stomach and also made me realise how much I liked each moment with him, since our talks about music to the talks about random things. 

I took my phone and called him.

Anton: Kat! Missing me already? - kinda, I thought.

Kat: Ahaha, you wish.

Anton: Let's pretend you do. So, what's up?

Kat: You forgot your wallet here.

Anton: I did? Oh my good, I did, I can't find it in my pocket. - I laugh.

Kat: Do you want to come get it? I won't go out more today, so you can come when you want.

Anton: I'm just going with the guys to the hotel and drop them and then I'll go back, ok?

Kat: Ok, see you.

Anton: See you, pretty eyes. - I felt my cheeks getting red.

I hung up, turned on the tv and stayed there watching catfish, I could feel my eyes closing, with all the anxiety lately I've barely sleep, my eyes kept closing and closing until I heard someone knocking my door. My eyes opened fast and I stoop up, when I opened the door Anton was there looking to me with a sweet smile.

"Hey" he said while I was lost in his eyes.

"Hey, come in" I grabbed his wallet and handed him.

He looked to the tv "Catfish, uh? I've seen it sometimes, do you really believe those people are in love or they just think they are?" 

I sat on the sofa looking to him "I don't know, love can be really crazy, I guess we can fall in love in so many ways. And, yeah, if you talk so much with someone and you like that person, you can be in love" he sat next to me.

"Then it is true love, because they are falling for someone by who they are and not just how they look?"

"Probably, but lots of them when find out that the other might be lying about the appearance they just forget them and what they used to feel"

"Then maybe those weren't in love" I said looking to his face "Do you fall in love by appearance or what people truly are?"

"Both, I guess, it's bad to say this, but it's true. I meet someone and their appearance draws my attention, then when we talk I can find out they are amazing or just" he made a puase and smiled "not amazing, and I my attention goes other way" I smile nodding, I guess that's true "Or the other way, like someone that doesn't get my attention imidiatelly turns out to be amazing after we start talking"

"Yeah, that makes sense"

"Althought I'm never sure if I'm in love or not" he said looking way to the ground "It's always complicated, it's always the same, I think I like someone but then they're not what they look like or they don't feel the same, or they hide something or disapoint me"

"Yeah, and I guess that in your career is even harder, I mean, you never really know why people are talking to you, it can be real but can also be bacause of who you are"

"That's right." he said looking to some photographs in the wall "You're about to experience that"

I crackled a little "My last experience with love was bad, I don't think I would just trust someone that fast"

"You trusted me, Dillon and Martin pretty fast and let me get in your live. I remember our nights in LA. We talked so much, I feel like I know you well"

"Well... You're diferent, you make me feel like I can trust you and make me feel safe"

"Aaaww that's sweet" he played with my hair and I looked way, blushing "But, now serious, in this branch, music and anything connected with fame you have to be careffull, ok? There's a lot of good people but there's a lot of bad people too, that are willing to do anything to get what they want"

"I'll be carefull, don't worry" I remembered that time on the plain with Dillon, he told me somethings about Djs that are not that big and try to be friends with others or just get information to sell and make some money, I guess was that what Anton was talking about.

He came closer to me, like he was about to say something important "I'll always worry about you, when we met I felt like we bounded and now you mean a lot to me"

I smiled feeling butterflies on my stomach "You too" we smiled and our faces were close.

I heard some giggling, that I imidiately recognized, opening the front the door. Jade and my brother get in the house laughing and talking loud, they seemed really happy. We said hello and Anton said it was time for him to go, I didn't want him to go but couldn't do anything. Jade and Tom went to my brother's room and I lead Anton to the door. When I was opening it my mom did the same in the outside.

"Hey honey, you scared me, I tought this was the wrong key and that I've accidentally exchanged it with Rosie again" Rosie was a work collegue of my mom, their scretaries were closed so sometimes they took the other stuff by accident. My mom had always been distracted, but hey, if it wasn't for her distraction I wouldn't had met Dillon and Anton that day. "Oh, hi," my mom said looking to Anton that was behind me "Anton, Anton right? I haven't called you Martin this time"

I rolled my eyes jocking "This time"

"Hi, Mrs. William" Anton said greeting my mom.

"Oh, please, call me Joan"

"As you wish, Joan" he said smiling.

"Oh, Katherine, what a gentleman" she  replied looking to us both "So, are you having dinner with us? You're complitelly invited, I believe Jade is having dinner here too" 

I looked to Anton and he seemed to want me to say something "If you have to get back to the hotel it's ok" I said.

"I was leaving, but yes, I accepted the invitation" he looked shy but so cute.

I got back to the living room and my mom got to the kitchen and me and Anton were on SnapChat playing with the filters and talking about favorite foods and restaurants and sudnely we were talking about music. He asked if I had made more remixes or musics and I felt like I wanted to show him what I was doing for my album. I hadn't show it to anyone yet, so I was nervous and happy that I felt scure with him to show it. I knew that he wouldn't lie to me, so he would help me to improve. We stoop up and went to my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 322 40
it's a girl about 12 years old . it will have many mysterious events and entertainment events. it describe the girl how will be in a mafia family. ho...
125K 3.5K 27
What happens when an overweight young boy falls for the schools "popular" kid? Jeon Jungkook, 17 years old, the schools bullying target/ fat kid. Bul...
134K 6.9K 79
Alexa, a normal human girl who all her life had mocked supernatural stories is unaware of her destiny she's born to fulfill, and now on her 21st birt...
38.5K 993 42
"𝘋𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦, 죽은 채로 피는 꽃처럼" Eunhye was your avaerge undergraduate getting ready to start at her new college. She did fairly well academic...