the heiress || harry potter f...

Von GEMOfTheNight

When GEMMALYNN was younger, her grandfather told her everything he knew, but when she got older, he left her... Mehr

⚡️The Sorcerer's Stone⚡️
i. the heiress and the boy who lived
ii. the gryffindor and the house of gryffindor
iii. the seeker and the school of magic
iv. the protector and the mirror of erised
v. the friend and the sorcerer's stone
vi. the witch and the house cup
⚡️The Chamber of Secrets⚡️
vii. the favorite and the weasley family
viii. the sane and the insane professor
ix. the suspect and the quidditch game
x. the parselmouth and the rising problems
xi. the lioness and the doubts
xii. the best friend and the spiders
xiii. the heir and the chamber of secrets
xiv. the true gryffindor and the truth
⚡The Prisoner of Azkaban⚡
xv. the special one and the dangers
xvi. the brave one and the friendship
xvii. the open heart and the break in
xviii. the soft spot and the marauders map
xix. the valentine and the patronus
xx. the godchild and the prisoner of azkaban
xxi. the brilliant one and the time turner
xxii. the time traveler and the firebolt
⚡The Goblet of Fire⚡
xxiii. the quiddtich fan and the tournament
xxiv. the champion and the misunderstanding
xxv. the mediator and the first task
xxvi. the date and the yule ball
xxvii. the treasure and the second task
xxviii. the winner and the dark lord
⚡Order of the Phoenix⚡
xxix. the wanderer and the safe place
xxxi. the defender and the thestrals
xxxii. the founder and the d.a.
xxxiii. the girl and the mistletoe

xxx. the brokenhearted and the twins

746 27 8
Von GEMOfTheNight

⚡⚡⚡

Fred and George quietly walked out of the room with Gemmalynn, Harry, Ron and Hermione following behind them. They all stood by the stairs as Fred slowly dropped the other end of the Extendable Ears while Gemmalynn held the other end to eavesdrop the meeting at the dining room.

"If anyone has a right to know, it's Gem and Harry. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back."

"Their not children anymore, Molly."

"But, they're not adults either. He's not James, and she's not Emma, Sirius."

"Well, they're not your children."

"They're as good as. Who else has they got?"

Gemmalynn turned when she felt a gentle hand on her shoulders and saw Ginny smiling softly at her. "Hey, Ginny." she greeted the youngest Weasley.

Ginny wrapped an arm around her comfortingly. "Hey, Gem. How are you doing?" she asked, worriedly.

"I'll be fine." Gemmalynn assured her.

"They got me."

"How touchingly paternal, Black."

"Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather. Best hope that Gryffindor doesn't end up like you both."

"Now, you stay out of this, Snivellus."

Gemmalynn and Harry exchange confused glances before looking at the others.

"Snape's part of the Order?" Harry asked.

Ron looked at him. "Git."

Gemmalynn felt the string was shaking and looked down to see Crookshanks playing with the other end of the Extendable Ears. Her eyes widen in worry and looked at Hermione.

"It's Crookshanks. Hermione, do something!"

"Get off it. Quick."

"Get it up."

"Crookshanks. Stop it."

"Get off, you bloody cat."

"Crookshanks, leave it alone.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen as Crookshanks grabbed the human looking ear and ran off with it. "Oh no, Crookshanks." she mumbled and glanced at the others, who looked at Hermione.

"Hermione, I hate your cat."

"Bad Crookshanks."

Gemmalynn sighed softly and handed Fred the remaining human looking ear. "I haven't seen anything like this. Did you two made them?" she asked, curiously and looked at the twins, who grinned happily and nodded proudly.

"We're glad you like them. You'll be seeing a lot of these."

"Just you wait. You'll be the first to try our inventions."

Gemmalynn smiled happily. "I'll look forward to it. Good luck to my knights in red." she said and looked at Harry. "Let's go?"

Harry smiled as he nodded. He and Gemmalynn climbed down the stairs as the others followed closely behind them and saw Mrs. Weasley waiting for them at the bottom of the stairs.

"Well, we'll be eating down in the kitchen." Mrs. Weasley said, sweetly to Gemmalynn and Harry as the twins appeared behind her, startling her. "Just because you're allowed to use magic now, does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything!"

Gemmalynn chuckled in amusement as Mrs. Weasley scolded his twin sons as they ran off. She and Harry smiled at each other as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley stood in front of them.

"You hungry, Little Gem, Harry?"

"You sure you're both all right, Little Gem, Harry? Gave us quite a turn."

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other and smiled affectionately.

"Gemmalynn Gryffindor, Harry Potter."

Gemmalynn and Harry turned as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley stepped away to reveal their godfather, who has his arms wide open. They exchanged happy smiles and rushed towards him.

"Sirius!"

The three embraced each other tightly and laughed happily. Gemmalynn looked up and saw Lupin leaning by the door with a fond smile on his face.

"Moony!"

Gemmalynn pulled away from her godfather and rushed towards Lupin. She tightly embraced him as Lupin looked down at her, surprised.

"I missed my favourite DADA professor."

Lupin chuckled lightly as he embraced Gemmalynn. "Well, I miss my brilliant student. You had everyone worried, but Dumbledore has so much faith in you." he said, making Gemmalynn forced out a smile. "In time, you'll understand why he chose to keep you in the dark."

⚡⚡⚡

Seated around the dining were Gemmalynn, Harry, Black, Lupin, Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Kingsley, Tonks and Ginny. The only one who was standing was Moody, who was behind Gemmalynn.

"This is very, very peculiar. It seems your hearing in the Ministry is to be before the entire Wizengamot."

Harry glanced at Gemmalynn in confusion. "I don't understand. What has the Ministry of Magic got against me?" he asked, curiously.

Gemmalynn frowned. "Well, I'm surprised they aren't doing anything against me." she said as the Black and Lupin smirked at each other.

"They couldn't. Dumbledore is your grandfather, and they know if they do something to you, they'll never hear the end of it." Black said, smugly.

"You have Dumbledore's protection." Lupin added.

Gemmalynn's frown deepened as she glanced at Harry. "Even if I do, that doesn't mean they aren't doing anything to come after me. Tell us what we don't know."

"Show them. They'll find out soon enough." Moody said as everyone on the table glanced at each other.

Kingsley handed Harry the Daily Prophet as Gemmalynn leaned closer and saw the headline with a moving photograph of her and Harry at the tournament.

"The Boy and Heiress Who Lies? All Is Well?" Gemmalynn said in disbelief and looked at her godfather. "They're joking."

Black shook his head. "He's been attacking your grandfather as well. Fudge is using all his power, including his influence at the Daily Prophet to smear anyone who claims the Dark Lord has returned." he explained.

Gemmalynn and Harry frowned in confusion. "Why?"

Lupin looked at the two. "He thinks Dumbledore's after his job." he explained.

"But, that's insane!" Harry protested.

Gemmalynn nodded in agreement. "No one in their right mind could believe that!" she added.

Lupin nodded. "Exactly the point. Fudge isn't in his right mind. It's been twisted and warped by fear." he said as Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other. "Now, fear makes people do terrible things, Gem, Harry. The last time Voldemort gained power, he almost destroyed everything we hold most dear. Now he's returned, and I'm afraid the minister will do almost anything to avoid facing that terrifying truth."

"We think Voldemort wants to build up his army again." Black said as everyone looked at him. "Fourteen years ago, he had huge numbers at his command. And, not just witches and wizards, but all manner of dark creatures. He's been recruiting heavily, and we've been attempting to do the same. But, gathering followers isn't the only thing he's interested in."

Moody cleared his throat and Gemmalynn glanced at him with suspicious eyes.

"We believe Voldemort may be after something."

"Sirius."

Black glanced at Moody and looked back at Gemmalynn and Harry. "Something he didn't have last time." he said and Gemmalynn noticed how his eyes lingered on her.

"You mean like a weapon?" Harry asked, curiously.

Gemmalynn looked confused. "What is it?"

Black opened his mouth to speak when a loud thud echoed throughout the room. Gemmlynn turned around and saw Mrs. Weasley glaring daggers at Black.

"No. That's enough. They're just children. You say more and you might as well induct them into the Order."

Harry looked at Gemmalynn with determined eyes. "Good. I want to join. If Voldemort's raising an army, then I want to fight." he said.

Gemmalynn nodded and looked at her godfather with determined eyes. "Me too. If they want a fight, let's give them pure hell." she said.

Black slammed his fist on the table and looked proudly at his godchildren as he leaned back in his chair. He winked at them as Gemmalynn and Harry looked at each other and smiled happily.

⚡⚡⚡

'I love you. I know it's too late, but I'm glad you've given me a chance to confess, even for just a moment.'

Gemmalynn woke up with a start and looked around to find Hermione and Ginny sleeping on their beds besides hers. She placed a hand over her heart as she panted for breath, realizing she was sweating. She sat up from her bed and quietly walked out of the room to sit on the stairs.

She sighed heavily and buried her face with her hands. She dreamnt about Cedric again and his last words to her, which she had been dreaming since he died. She always felt the guilt and regret in her heart after her dream. She knew she was a brilliant and powerful witch, yet she couldn't save him, and let him protect her.

"Can't sleep?"

Gemmalynn flinched in surprise and turned to see Harry standing behind her. "Harry."

Harry sat beside Gemmalynn on the stairs and wrapped his arms comfortingly around her. "Did you have a bad dream?" he asked, worriedly.

Gemmalynn smiled in relief as she leaned towards Harry's chest and felt safe in his arms. "It's nothing."

Harry frowned slightly. "I don't believe you."

Gemmalynn chuckled lightly. "I know you won't." she mumbled and sighed heavily. "I dreamnt about Cedric again. His last words and---"

"Again?" Harry asked, confused.

Gemmalynn pulled away from Harry and looked at him with teary eyes. "Since he died, I kept dreaming about him, Harry. The guilt of knowing he died for me, and regret that I let it happen." she said and angrily clenched her fists on her lap. "I don't want to think that I used him and his feelings for me to survive. I'm scared."

Harry looked sadly at her. "Gem."

"I'm scared that maybe it's because of my curse. Maybe, he died because of it. Because of me." Gemmalynn said as her eyes widen in panic and her body trembled. "You need to leave me. I'm cursed. You and everyone need to protect yourselves from me. I might kill---"

Harry wrapped his arms tightly around her, embracing her. "Don't! Don't you dare think like that. I won't let you distance yourself from us, from me." he protested and buried his face on her shoulder. "You told me that we have each other. So, stay with me, please. I've come so far because you're with me. I need you."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen as a blush crept on her cheeks and her heart raced inside her chest. She looked down and buried her reddening face on Harry's shoulder. She didn't know why she was so flustered and feeling odd when she was with Harry.

"Thank you, Harry, and I'm sorry. I'll stay, I did promise you, didn't I? And, Harry?"

Harry gulped nervously. "Yeah?"

"Good luck tomorrow, and I'm sure grandpa will be there to help you, and so will I."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

"Another witness to the stand, Gemmalynn Vell Peer Dumbledore-Gryffindor!"

Gemmalynn stood outside the Courtroom Ten, one of the British Ministry of Magic courtrooms on Level Ten, one floor below the Department of Mysteries. It was used by the Council of Magical Law and the Wizengamot, and the room where Harry's hearing was currently held.

She and Mrs. Figg were witnesses to Harry's hearing. She was able to be a witness, because her grandfather proved that she has forgotten her wand at Hogwarts and insisted that she was with Harry at the time of the incident.

She walked inside the courtroom and saw that one side of the room was an elevated ziggurat-shaped series of seats carved from black stones. The whole room was dark, save a light shining through from the ceiling down on the center of the room, where a single wooden chair sits, covered in chains.

She noticed Harry sitting alone at the elevated bench behind her and smiled warmly at him. Harry's face brightened as he grinned at her. She turned around and was faced with Fudge, the Council of Magical Law and the Wizengamot. She didn't feel threatened with the higher ups, knowing she and Harry were in the right and the Ministry was trying to restrict them from telling the truth of Voldemort's return to everyone.

She turned and saw her grandfather nearby on the chair in the middle of the room. She noticed he was refraining from looking at her and continued staring at Fudge. She sighed softly and sat on the chair as she looked at Fudge.

"Miss Gryffindor, your side, if you please."

Gemmalynn nodded. "I was in my room at Hogwarts. I was practicing Apparition, and accidentally apparted at Little Whinging, where I met Harry in the playground with his cousin, the muggle. It was a hot summer, but the sky suddenly turned dark and I knew something was wrong. I felt dread. So, I told Harry and his cousin to run as rain started to pour heavily and we took refuge at a tunnel under the bridge. There, it suddenly became cold. I was thrown harshly to the ground with Harry's cousin as Harry was grabbed by the neck by a Dementor. He told the both us to run, which I did and took his cousin with me, but he tripped and brought me along with him." she explained as the higher ups listened carefully.

"And, your wand, Miss Gryffindor?"

"I forgot it in my room, which my grandfather have already informed you, prior to this hearing. As I said, I was practicing Apparition." Gemmalynn said and saw Fudge's eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"Wandless? At the age of 16?"

Gemmalynn frowned slightly. "I'm still 15, and I was practicing. Anyways, another Dementor drifted into the tunnel and hovered over us for the Kiss of Death. I screamed Harry's name and he cast an incorporeal Patronus to defend himself and to protect us." she explained and stood up to glare at Fudge. "It was clearly an emergency, and you have no right to expel Harry for the sole purpose of protecting oneself and another."

Gemmalynn smiled, seeing most of the council were convinced with her story. She glanced at Harry, and saw he was already looking at her. They share a smile before looking at Fudge.

"Now, look here. Dementors don't just wander into a Muggle suburb and happen across a wizard. The odds are astronomical." Fudge said, trying to convince the others from joining the other side.

"I don't think anyone would believe the Dementors were there by coincidence, minister." Dumbledore said as he stood in front of his granddaughter.

Someone cleared their throat and Gemmalynn saw it was from a short squat woman resembling a large pale toad. She had a broad, flabby face, a wide, slack mouth, and little neck. Her eyes were bulging and pouchy, and in her mousy brown hair was covered with a black ministry hat. She almost mistaken her as an animagus, if she weren't part of the hearing.

"I'm sure I must have misunderstood you, professor. Dementors are, after all, under the control of the Ministry of Magic. And, it's so silly of me, but it sounded for a moment as though you were suggesting that the Ministry had ordered the attack on this boy and your granddaughter."

"That would be disturbing indeed, Madam Undersecretary which is why I'm sure the Ministry will be mounting a full-scale inquiry into why the two Dementors were so very far from Azkaban and why they mounted an attack without authorization. Of course, there is someone who might be behind the attack."

Gemmalynn stood beside her grandfather and glared at Fudge's Undersecretary. "If the Dementors are taking their orders from the Ministry exclusively, then I'm very certain that someone here in the Ministry ordered the attack on Harry and I." she said and crossed her arms and smirked smugly. "If the Dementors were there, then Harry was caring in self-defense, which is perfectly and undeniably allowable under Clause Seven of the Decree of Reasonable Restriction of Underaged Wizardry."

Gemmalynn heard murmurs of agreement at what she said as Dumbledore glanced fondly at her. Harry's eyes widen in awe, seeing Gemmalynn facing the Minister and the higher ups as if she was one of them.

"Well, are we all in agreement with this?" Gemmalynn asked, loudly.

Gemmalynn noticed her grandfather approaching Fudge and whispered to each other before he walked back beside her.

"As what my granddaughter said. In the matter of Harry Potter, the law clearly states that magic may be used before Muggles in life-threatening situations."

"Laws can be changed if necessary, Dumbledore."

"Clearly. Has it become practice to hold a full criminal trial to deal with a simple matter of underage magic?"

"Those in favor of conviction?"

Fudge and few others raised their hands as Gemmalynn refraining from smiling in triumph, knowing Harry won.

"Those in favor of clearing the accused of all charges?"

Gemmalynn looked around as most raised their hands in favor of Harry's side. She smiled happily, but it disappeared when she turned to Fudge's Undersecretary with a glare.

"Cleared of all charges." Fudge said, loudly and slammed his gavel with a look of frustration.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in shock as she turned to Harry, who was shock as she was. She rushed towards him and engulfed him in a tight embrace.

"Harry!"

Harry grinned happily as he slightly pulled away. "You did it, Gem! Thank you!" he said, gratefully.

Gemmalynn shook her head. "I just told the truth. And, grandpa helped." she said and frowned as she glanced at her grandfather, who was already out of the room. "He's definitely keeping us in the dark, but when we need help, he's there. He's definitely doing this on purpose."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Gemmalynn stood alone in a dark hallway as she looked around, recognizing she was in the hallways of the Ministry of Magic. She frowned in confusion and slowly walked down the dark hallway with locked doors lining the walls as far dow as she could see.

Gemmalynn flinched in surprise when she heard a slithering sound nearby. She glanced around and saw no one was with her. She heard her name being whispered near her ears and she walked quickly, but when the slithering sound and the whisper in her name becoming louder, she ran as fas as she could.

Suddenly, an invisible force grabbed her and pulled her along, faster and faster. She saw the end, a blinding light, which she blasted into with a smack as the light faded. She catch a glimpse of a further room, beyond the light, for only an instant before it was gone as a loud screamed echoed, recognizing it to be Cedric's.

In the middle of the night, Gemmalynn woke up with a start as she panted heavily. She felt beads of sweat on her forehead and glanced around to see Hermione and Ginny sleeping peacefully on their beds. She quietly grabbed her wand underneath her pillow as she sat up and went to her cabinet beside her bed to change before walking out of the room.

"Cedric." she mumbled sadly.

Gemmalynn smiled painfully as she thought of him. She has been planning to visit his grave at Ottery St. Catchpole in Devon, but her guilt was stopping her, so she hasn't visited him since he was buried. The last time she saw him was when she took his body back from the graveyard. Since then, she tried to run from her guilt, but she knew she couldn't anymore.

Gemmalyn quietly rush down the stairs as she looked back if anyone was up. Unbeknownst to her, two identical redheads were standing at the bottom of the stairs with their arms crossed. She turned around and stopped abruptly in front of Fred and George. Her eyes widen in shock, seeing the two.

"Fred, George!" Gemmalynn greeted the twins and smiled, feigning innocence. "Nice evening, isn't it?"

Gemmalyn slowly walked down the stairs as Fred and George raised an eyebrow at her in amusement. She was nervous, seeing the twins weren't usually this serious. She was used to them always smiling and laughing. They could even brighten up a dark room.

"Where."

"Do."

"You."

"Think."

"You."

"Are."

Fred and George leaned closer to Gemmalynn and eyed her suspiciously. "Going?"

Gemmalynn looked away from the their suspicious gaze. "Ah, well I was planning on taking a stroll outside. You know to get some fresh air." she lied and pretended to fan herself with her hand. "It's hot in here, isn't it?"

Unbeknownst to Gemmalynn, mischief flickered in the twins' brown eyes.

"You'd really think we believe that lame excuse, Gem?"

"Yeah. Strolling outside for some fresh air? In the middle of the night? You're smart, but that excuse is just pathetic."

Gemmalynn looked at the twins and saw the mischief in their eyes. At that moment, she knew they were messing with her.

"Stop that, you two. It's not funny!" Gemmalynn scolded as Fred and George grinned in amusement and slung an arm around her shoulders. "You troublemakers tried to prank me!"

Fred chuckled lightly. "We thought we had you. You are smart, aren't you?"

George nodded in agreement. "We thought we could get away, but it seems you outsmarted us."

Gemmalynn frowned at the two. "I can tell by your eyes, you geniuses." she said, sarcastically. "I could tell both of you apart, don't forget."

Fred shrugged. "Anyways, we're not gonna tell mum or dad, or your godfather, especially Harry, about you trying to sneak out." he said and looked at George.

George hummed in agreement. "Especially, that you and Harry are endanger at the moment, but tell us the truth. Where are you going, Gem?" he asked, confused.

Gemmalyn sighed softly. "Fine. I want to go to Ottery St. Catchpole." she said, truthfully.

Fred and George frowned in confusion and glanced at each other. "Home?"

Gemmalynn nodded, while Fred and George looked confused for a moment before realizing why she wanted to go there.

"To visit, Pretty Boy Diggory."

"You wanted to visit his grave, don't you?"

Gemmalynn looked down as she fidgeted with her hands. "The truth is I haven't visited him." she said, sadly and the twins looked sympathetically at her. "I felt really guilty after what happened. I always felt it was my fault he died. He protected me, and told me his feelings, but it was too late. Besides Harry, I haven't told Hermione or Ron about this."

Fred and George looked at each other and felt warm and giddy inside, knowing Gemmalynn trusted them enough to open up her feelings. They knew they weren't Harry, who she trusted the most, but they were glad that they were important too. They glanced at each other and nodded before gently pushing her towards the door.

"Well, come on."

"We need to get going before anyone finds out we're gone."

"I'm apparating towards there." Gemmalynn said and frowned when she realized what they just said. "Hold on. We?"

Gemmalynn turned to look at the twins and saw they were grinning happily, making her doubt their intentions.

"Yes, we. We're coming with you, obviously."

"You wouldn't expect us to let you go all alone now, did you?"

Gemmalynn felt happy and touched, how the twins were looking after her. "Truth is, I did want to go alone and I just didn't expect you two were awake at this time." she told them and wrapped her arms tightly around them, embracing them. "Thank you, you two are indeed my knights in red."

Fred and George's eyes widen in shock as they felt their hearts race inside their chest. They blinked, flustered and looked at each other, seeing the blush on each other's faces. They weren't sure exactly when they liked Gemmalynn, but they knew the moment Dumbledore visited them at The Burrow and introduced her, they thought she was the cutest girl they've ever seen. When she started being a part of their family, they got to spend a lot of time with her, until they quickly got attached to her by the hip, and now, they had feelings for the redhead heiress.

Gemmalynn and the twins stood in the middle of the room as they glanced at each other with their wand in their hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm just learning Apparition. I'm pretty sure you'll vomit." Gemmalynn warned the twins, who smiled affectionately at her. "You two have so much faith in me."

Fred and George's smile turned to a grin. "We're talking about you, Gem. Of course, we do."

Gemmalynn smiled happily as she looked away from them and closed her eyes. The three vanished from the headquarters and reappeared outside Ottery St Catchpole cemetery. Instantly, Fred and George moved away from Gemmalynn and vomitted at the bushes nearby.

Gemmalynn worriedly rushed towards them and soothingly rubbed their backs. "I told you both you'd vomit. I'm sorry!" she said, apologetically as Fred and George groaned in response and gave her a thumbs up before vomitting again. "I'm really sorry, you two."

Gemmalynn continued to soothingly rubbed the twins' backs until they recovered. The three stood in front of the entrance of Ottery St Catchpole cemetery.

Fred glanced at his twin. "Well, here we are." he said and walked inside first.

George nodded and followed behind his twin. "Let's visit Pretty Boy Diggory!"

Fred and George walked inside the cemetery, while Gemmalynn stayed behind the entrance. She felt guilty at what happened, so she wasn't in his funeral and when he was buried. Every time she remembered Cedric, all she could think about how he stood in front of her and protected her so selflessly. It was her decision to visit, yet she was frozen in place.

Fred and George glanced back and saw Gemmalynn wasn't following behind them.

"Everything alright, Gryffindor Heiress?"

"Gem, you coming?"

The twins rushed back to Gemmalynn and each grabbed her hand as they gently dragged her inside the cemetery towards Cedric's grave.

Gemmalynn stood frozen as she stared at the tombstone of the boy who has feelings for her and the one who protected her without hesitation.

CEDRIC DIGGORY

Born: October 1, 1977
Died: June 24, 1995
A boy who was good and kind, brave and selfless, and true to the very end.

"Hey, Cedric. We did promise that we'll see each other after the tournament, even though it's a bit late."

Gemmalynn smiled painfully at Cedric's tombstone, while Fred and George stood a good distance behind her, giving her privacy, but still could hear her talking.

"I'm sorry if I hadn't visited. I wanted to come to your funeral, but my guilt that time was overwhelming. Every night, after you died, I would cry myself to sleep. I would bury myself with books and training to get my mind off you. I distanced myself from everyone, not wanting to burden them with my feelings, with my guilt."

Fred and George shared a painful look and looked sadly at Gemmalynn.

"But, someone helped me get through it and I finally took up the courage to visit you, despite the guilt in my heart. I wanted to visit you one last time before school starts. I wanted to finally talk to you, face you."

Gemmalynn's eyes brimmed with tears, but refrained from letting it fall. She took a deep breath and sighed heavily before smiling sadly.

"Knowing you, I know you don't want me to be like this and you don't want me to suffer, but I'm sorry. The thought of me currently standing here, because you're buried there, pains me. I'm alive, because of you. Thank you, Cedric. I owe my life to you, for what you bravely did and for your selfless love. You'll always be remembered in my heart."

With that, Gemmalynn's tears fell. She slowly slumped on her knees to the ground and cried her feelings out. All at once, the guilt, regret, pain and sadness came pouring out from her heart.

"I'm sorry, Cedric. I'm really sorry."

Instantly, Fred and George rushed to Gemmalynn's side and knelt down beside her before wrapping a comforting arm around her. Gemmalynn was thankful that the twins were there for her, someone she could rely on. However, the one she wanted to be with wasn't there. He wasn't there to comfort her with his warm embrace, where she felt the most safe.

Fred and George glanced at each other and looked at Cedric's tombstone. They were forever grateful for what Cedric has done for Gemmalynn. She was alive, because he protected her. They knew he did what he did, because he loved her.

"You should rest in peace, Pretty Boy Diggory."

"Yeah, mate, because from now on we are going to take great care of our Gryffindor Heiress for you."

Gemmalynn looked at the twins in surprise as Fred and George looked down at her and smiled affectionately.

"Yeah, so wherever you are right now, just watch over her."

"As we help her get through this with her family.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Gemmalynn looked awkwardly at Moody walking in front of her and Harry inside the train station, with Tonks walking beside her, while the others were walking behind them, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and Fred and George, who offered to push Gemmalynn's trolley for her.

Gemmalynn and Harry were being escorted by the two of the Advance Guard towards Platform 9 3/4. Tonks told the redhead heiress they couldn't take the risk leaving her and Harry alone.

"Just relax, Little Heiress."

Gemmalynn glanced at Tonks, who grinned at her. "It's not easy at it looks." she complained.

Tonks chuckled in amusement. "Just bear with it. Here." she said and handed her a piece of parchment. "It's a little gift."

Gemmalynn looked at her in confusion and looked at the writing in the parchment. "A transfiguration spell that could be used to transform the colour and style of one's hair." she said and her eyes widen in shock. "But, it's a spell learned for sixth years."

Tonks rolled her eyes playfully. "As if that's stopping a brilliant witch such as yourself." she said, sarcastically and gently nudged Gemmalynn's side with her elbow. "Come on, I heard from your godfather that you always wanted to see what you would look like with dark hair, like your mum. You already have beautiful fiery red hair, it's totally fine to be adventurous. You're the Gryffindor Heiress, after all."

Gemmalynn smiled happily. "Thanks, Tonks!"

Tonks winked at her and rushed towards the front beside Moody as a black dog appeared beside Gemmalynn, who she easily recognized. She and Harry exchanged happy grins as the black dog barked.

Moody turned and saw the black dog. "Padfoot. Are you barking mad? You'll blow the entire operation." he whispered angrily.

Gemmalynn grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him to follow the black dog inside the waiting room of the train station, leaving the others running after them with worry.

"Sirius!" Gemmalynn exclaimed, happily as she tightly embraced her godfather.

Black chuckled lightly as he tightly embraced her back. "Little Gem!"

Harry looked worried. "Sirius, what are you doing here? If somebody sees you---"

"I had to see you both off, didn't I? What's life without a little risk?" Black said with a happy grin on his face.

"No, you're just being reckless, Sirius. That's not good, that's dangerous!" Gemmalynn scolded.

Harry glanced at her and nodded in agreement. "We don't wanna see you get chucked back in Azkaban." he added as he and Gemmalynn sat beside their godfather.

Black glanced at the two in amusement. "Don't worry about me." he assured them as he took something out of his pocket and handed it to Gemmalynn. "Anyway, I have something for both of you. I wanted you to have this."

Gemmalynn glanced at Harry and looked down as her eyes widen in shock. "You guys look so young!" she said, happily and handed Harry an old moving photograph.

"Original Order of the Phoenix." Black said and pointed at the woman in the photograph. "Marlene McKinnon. She was killed two weeks after this was taken. Voldemort wiped out her entire family."

Gemmalynn noticed Frank and Alice Longbottom smiling at each other. "Neville's parents." she said, sadly.

Black nodded. "Frank and Alice Longbottom. They suffered a fate worse than death, you ask me." he said as he continued pointing each and every one of the people in the old moving photograph. "There's Mad-Eye and Dumbledore."

Gemmalynn frowned slightly. "Grandpa."

"Right next to him is Dedalus Diggle. Of course, Remus. Then, Edgar Bones, the only ever bits of him; Caradoc Dearborn, he vanished six months later. Then, here's Hagrid."

Gemmalynn chuckled lightly. "You can never miss Hagrid." she said, making Black and Harrh smile.

"Gideon and Fabian Prewett."

Gemmalynn smiled at the identical twins, who looked exactly like Fred and George. "Mrs. Weasley's older brothers. They look just like Fred and George." she said and glanced at Harry. "With their big noses and all. It runs in the family, doesn't it?"

Harry and Black smiled in amusement as they stared at Gideon and Fabian in the photograph.

Black looked at Gemmalynn and smiled. "Fabian and Gideon. I never told you that they had a soft spot for Emma back in the day. It took five Death Eaters to finish those two off. Then, there's me, of course." he said and looked fondly at the four familiar faces of his dear friends standing next to him in the old moving photograph. "And, there they are!"

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other with smiles on their faces before looking at their parents beaming happily at them from the photograph.

"Emma, Lily, Griffin and James." Black said and looked at Gemmalynn and Harry. "I miss them so much. It's not fair that I got to spend so much time with them and you two didn't."

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at each other and smiled sadly.

"I know, I'm not Griffin or James, your fathers, Little Gem, Harry, but I'll always be there for both of you, if I can help it." Black said and comfortingly wrapped his arms around his godchildren. "I promise you both."

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other and smiled affectionately as they pulled away from their godfather.

"Do you really think there's going to be a war, Sirius?" Harry asked.

Black nodded. "It feels like it did before." he said and glanced between him and Gemmalynn. "I suppose, you're the young ones now."

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn walked out of the Hogwarts Express and felt eyes on her. She looked around and noticed the pity looks she was getting from her schoolmates. She frowned slightly, knowing she already expected it. She and Cedric were mistaken as a couple after they went to the Yule Ball together last year, and were seen together multiple times after that. For them, she was the most affected with his death for a completely different reason than her own.

'We weren't even dating.'

Gemmalynn felt a little better after visiting Cedric's grave with Fred and George. She felt the guilt in her heart slowly ceased. She sighed softly and turned around to meet with a pair of worried light gray eyes belonging to Draco, who was standing not far from where she was. She smiled slightly when she saw he was wearing a black suit and thought he looked good in it.

She felt a gentle hand on her back and turned around to see Harry. They smiled affectionately at each other and walked towards the carriages with Ron and Hermione.

Seeing their smiles to each other, Draco felt his jealousy rising as he glared at Harry. He walked over to him with Crabbe and Goyle.

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free."

Gemmalynn and Harry frowned as they turned around and saw Draco walking beside them. Gemmalynn glanced at Harry and saw the anger in his eyes.

"Better enjoy it while you can." Draco mocked.

Gemmalynn shook her head. "Stop it, Draco."

Draco ignored her and smirked smugly at Harry. "I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." he sneered.

Harry threateningly approached Draco, but Ron quickly held him back and Gemmalynn stood between them as she looked at Draco.

"I said, stop, Draco!" Gemmalynn said, sternly.

Draco frowned at her and glanced at Crabbe and Goyle. "What'd I tell you? Complete nutter." he said and walked away.

"Just stay away from me!" Harry yelled angrily at him.

Gemmalynn looked back at Harry as she gently cupped his face with her hands and caressed his cheeks. "Harry calm down." she said, softly as Harry looked at her and nodded quietly. "Good. That's better, isn't it?"

Hermione and Ron exchanged knowing smiles and looked at the intimate two.

⚡⚡⚡

"Gemmalynn Gryffindor, thank goodness!"

As soon as Gemmalynn, Harry, Ron and Hermione arrived at the carriages that will bring them to Hogwarts, they met Neville and the redhead heiress was engulfed in a tight embrace by Cho.

"Cho." Gemmalynn greeted as she embraced her back.

"I couldn't reach you. I thought something might have happened to you. I can't lose you too." Cho said, worriedly.

Gemmalynn pulled away and smiled sadly. "About---"

Cho shook her head. "No, it wasn't your fault, and I believe you. About what you and Harry saw and You-Know-Who, I mean."

Gemmalynn nodded happily. "Thank you, Cho." she said, gratefully.

Cho smiled sadly. "How are you doing? Did he tell you about his---"

Gemmalynn's eyes brimmed with tears and looked up, not letting the tears fall. "He told me he loved me." she said and sighed heavily. "I know, I'll be fine."

Cho nodded slowly and gently grabbed her hands. "You know, he told me that if he won the tournament, he was planning to ask you on a date to Hogsmeade and confess his feelings." she said and Gemmalynn's eyes widen in shock. "He liked you, Gem. He really loved you."

"Actually, that was the last thing he said." Gemmalynn said as she looked down sadly.

Cho smiled sadly at Gemmalynn and noticed Harry looking at the redhead heiress, a look she was all too familiar with. The same look Cedric has when looking at Gemmalynn. Her eyes widen in realization that he liked her.

"I don't know if you ever had feelings for Cedric, or not, but I know he was important to you." Cho said and walked towards the nearby carriage with her fellow Ravenclaws.

Gemmalynn blinked her unshed tears away and turned around as her eyes widen in shock seeing large reptilian, horse like creature with a skeletal body and wide, leathery wings, harnessed at the front of the carriage.

She now understood her grandfather's words when she was younger. Before, she saw large yet blurry looking creatures in front of the carriages, because she saw the death of her parents when she was two and she was too young to understand at that time. She finally saw them clearly because she saw Cedric's death and slowly reconciled with it.

She noticed someone already on the carriage reading a Quibbler and smiled when she recognized who it was. Luna Lovegood, the most creative and artistic Ravenclaw she met with waist-length, straggly, dirty blonde hair, protuberant silvery eyes and faint eyebrows. She was referred to being weird and odd to many, but she was pretty in her eyes.

Gemmalynn took a step back and accidentally hitting Harry's chest.

"Gem?"

Harry glanced at Gemmalynn worriedly and saw she was staring at something behind him. He turned around and his eyes widen in shock as he grabbed Gemmalynn's hand and pulled her protectively behind him.

"What is it?"

Gemmalynn glanced at Harry and smiled softly. "You see it too?" she asked and Harry nodded.

Hermione, Ron and Neville, who just approached them, turned and looked around in confusion.

"What's what?"

"See what?"

"That. Pulling the carriage." Harry said and glanced at the others.

"Nothing's pulling the carriage, Gem, Harry. It's pulling itself, like always."

Gemmalynn smiled, knowing Hermione, Ron and Neville couldn't see the magical creature she and Harry were seeing. They haven't seen death like they did, and she wished they wouldn't have to, because it was a painful and traumatic experience.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.4K 92 29
What if Tom Riddle had a heir that was taken? What if she is the daughter of the vampire queen? What if she was put with the Potter's? What happens w...
305K 8.7K 35
~ Year one ~ Warning: this is a journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, over and done with, I don't believe this is fo...
110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
115K 4K 41
❝You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?❞ ❝You should know the answer to that by now, Harry.❞ ⁂ Life has always been a bit disorganized f...