Unknown Colours (Destiel/Sabr...

By Gabriels_Wings

Highschool/Soulmates AU The Novak's and Winchester's live in a world where everything is grey, up until you m... More

1 - How About a Cliché Start?
2 - Dean and Cas are Forgetful Idiots
3 - Charlie Plotting and Rainbow Glitter
4 - The Trickster Gets Pranked
5 - Lying Never Helps
6 - Gabe and Cas Aren't Idiots
7 - Pranks and Totally Not a Date
8 - No Colours and More Colours
9 - From Notes to an Introduction
10 - The Beginning of Relationships
11 - Dean Can't English to Castiel
12 - The Beginning of Feels
13 - Yay for Cliché Carnivals
14 - A Few Feels
15 - Mall of Ships
16 - Pranks and Sabriel
17 - Sam's A Tease...So Is Gabe
18 - I Felt Bad For John
19 - Not Exactly Sleep Walking
20 - Suspicious
21 - Grey?
22 - You Promised You'd Always Be There
23 - Memories
24 - Brothers Will Always Be There
25 - A Single Man Tear
26 - Reenactment
27 - I Miss You
28 - Road to Recovery
29 - Author Feels Awkward
30 - Soulmates
31 - Under the Glow of Fairy Lights
32 - Shipping
33 - School's Out
34 - Snow Day
35 - Goodbye My Innocence
36 - These Unknown Colours
37 - Written in the Stars
38 - Memory Trip
40 - Together
Epilogue
Author's Note

39 - Once Again With The Fairy Lights

10.7K 635 1.5K
By Gabriels_Wings

Half a Year Later

"I feel like we just had one of these," Luci muttered.

"It's been three and a half years," Michael said.

"Yeah, in two chapters."

"That chapter was two weeks ago though."

"I dunno, I feel like there's been a lot of time skips lately."

"Luci you know I love you but if you keep destroying this wall—"

"Oh we both know there's no wall anymore."

Michael just sighed. "Yeah coz you obliterated it when you were trying to fix it."

Luci shrugged. "What can I say? Satan's not supposed to fix things."

"I am just so beyond even questioning the sanity of you two," Gabe said, glancing over at them. He ran a hand through his golden hair. "I look fine, right?"

"You look great bro," Luci said.

"Okay," Gabe said quietly, glancing in the mirror at the suit again.

"You okay there Gabriel?" Michael asked.

"I'm getting married."

"Your point?"

"I'm actually getting married." Gabe smiled slightly.

"Of course you are," Luci said. "Everyone does in this world where soulmates exist."

"Then why aren't we married?" Michael muttered.

"What?" Luci said, not hearing Michael properly.

"Nothing," Michael said, waving it off. Gabe gave Michael a quizzical look but Michael shook his head. "Some other time, you have a wedding to get to."

Cas suddenly ran into the room, a black suit on and cradling a cat in his arms.

"You actually brought Shado," Gabe said, laughing and leaning down to look at the little black cat.

"She was lonely," Cas said.

"How could you know if you weren't there?" Luci asked.

"I could sense it," Cas said, hugging Shado close to his chest.

Gabe just laughed. "We ready to go then?"

"Yep," Michael said, standing from where he was sitting.

Let's cut over to Dean and Sam shall we?

"This is weird," Dean said. "My younger brother is getting married. Dude. You're getting married."

"Dean you expected this from like the first week I met Gabe."

"Yeah but now it's actually happening. That's weird."

"Shut up jerk."

"Bitch."

Sam smiled over at Dean and Dean just rolled his eyes with a smile.

And now, to the actual wedding.

Their chosen venue was some really fancy building. Why did they choose a building? Because Sam and Gabe wanted to have a little fun. What they did, shall be revealed later.

Gabe had wanted to wait at the altar just to watch Sam walk down the aisle, so he walked out and stood there.

Oh by the way, all the readers were invited to the wedding again.

They'd invited the same people who'd been at Dean and Cas's wedding, pretty much just all the characters in this book.

Gabe stood at the end of the isle, and as music started playing and whatnot, Sam walked into the room, walking down the isle with John at his side.

Both Gabe and Sam were wearing black suits, because they look amazing in black suits. Gabe had this little rainbow flower in the pocket of his because he wanted to have rainbows at some point in the wedding.

Gabe smiled brightly as he saw Sam, and Sam caught his eye, returning the smile with an almost shy look.

Eventually Sam reached the altar, and John stopped walking, letting Sam walk up to where Gabe was.

"Heya Samsqatch," Gabe said quietly.

"Hey Gabe," Sam said, linking hands with Gabriel.

"Alright I feel like I just did this," Chuck said. He was officiating the wedding again, because why not?

"Hey that's my job!" Luci yelled. Everyone just laughed, completely shaking off the shattering of the non-existent wall.

"Well anyway," Chuck said with a smile. "Let's start this."

The author still doesn't really know how weddings work, except for the vows part, so let's skip to that.

"Vows," Chuck said. "Go."

"You didn't even ask if we wrote some," Gabe said.

"Of course you did," Chuck replied. "Now read them out."

Gabe chuckled, and looked up at Sam. "Sammy, you first."

"Okay," Sam said, smiling. "A vow is a promise, and I made a promise all those years ago Gabe. I'll always be there for you. It may not always seem like it but I fought through amnesia to be with you, and you'll never lose me again."

"I'm going to hold you to that," Gabe said with a smirk.

"I'm going to hold you to you holding me to that," Sam said.

"Yeah well I'll ho—"

"Don't even start," Chuck said. "Gabe say your vows."

"Well Sammy," Gabe said. "You started this with a prank war and I have never been so happy that someone decided to trick the Trickster. You're stuck with me forever now, that I promise you. And I'll always be there to prank you, I'll always be there to love you. I'll be there even when you think you don't need me, or even just for no reason at all. And I will never, ever let go of these colours."

"Holding you to that," Sam said softly with a smile.

"Holding you to y—"

"Don't you even dare," Chuck said with a sigh. "Okay, rightio, continuing. Gabriel, do you take the moose to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," Gabe said, laughing.

"Sam, do you take the short Trickster to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Chuck asked.

"I do," Sam said. "What, did you get sick of the normal words?"

"Why not change things up a bit?" Chuck said with a shrug. "Now, Sam stop being tall and kiss your damn short husband."

"Dude you're shorter than me," Gabe said to Chuck, and was cut off but Sam leaning down and pressing his lips to Gabe's. Gabe instantly wrapped his arms around Sam's neck, stepping on his tip toes to reach better.

Cheers erupted from their friends and family, and the fandom. Hah you guys have to cheer, it's written in the book.

"Did we ever decide who got who's name?" Gabe asked when they pulled away.

"Nope," Sam said. "We didn't do much planning."

"Yeah, all we planned was the song."

Sam laughed softly, and leaned down to kiss Gabe softly again. Gabe tried to deepen the kiss, but Sam pulled away.

"We've got an audience," Sam said, glancing over at everyone.

"Screw them," Gabe said.

"Or you could screw me," Sam said with a smirk.

"I am perfectly fine with that idea," Gabe said. Sam laughed. They turned to everyone and walked down to them, hand in hand. Congratulations when around, but Sam and Gabe only had eyes for each other, not at any point leaving the others side of letting go of the others hand.

And guess what? They set up pranks at their own wedding.

About time we got a return of the glitter covered Satan.

"DAMMIT GABRIEL!"

Sam and Gabe started laughing from the other side of the room, looking over to where Luci was standing, a bucket of glitter having just been tipped over his head from some impressive rigging of things in the ceiling from Gabe.

"I didn't do anything!" Gabe called with a wide smile. "I'm all the way over here!"

Luci just glared, the glitter on his face ruining any effect it would've had. Sam and Gabe just laughed harder.

"Just wipe it off," Michael said. "You don't have to walk around with it for hours like you did last time."

Luci just grumbled to himself. But didn't wipe the glitter off.

Everyone was cautious from then on, watching out for pranks. Eventually, Sam and Gabe left the building. Well, they did it dramatically.

Sam got a smoke bomb and set it off, the two of them running out of the building laughing like teenagers as the smoke cleared. They locked the door behind them and listened as commotion broke out.

As they were standing there laughing, Sam looked down at Gabe who had that sparkling light in his eyes. He stepped over to Gabe, putting his hands on Gabe's hips.

"I love you," he said quietly. Gabe's laughing stopped, and he smiled up at Sam.

"I love you too Samsquatch," he said.

"Are those nicknames ever going to wear off?"

"Never Samantha."

Sam laughed and leaned down to kiss Gabe on the nose. Gabe smiled up at him.

So later on, they had the reception for the wedding.

And of course, you can't have a Sabriel event without the Sabriel lights.

The room that the reception was in had fairy lights spread throughout the room, hung from the ceiling and dangling from places. They were spread around the edges of tables, being the only light source in the room.

"I'm glad Dean and Cas chose to use fairy lights when they first set this up all that time ago," Sam said to Gabe as they were sitting hand in hand in the reception room.

"Shh they're not fairy lights, they're Sabriel lights," Gabe said.

"Sabriel?"

"According to Charlie, that's our ship name."

"You sure as hell bet it is!"

The two of them laughed at Charlie who managed to hear them from where she was.

"Okay," John said suddenly, calling for everyones attention. "I just did a damn speech, I don't know what to say."

"That was three and a half years ago," Dean said.

"Not for the readers," John said.

"Goddammit John!" Michael yelled while Luci just laughed.

"Well Gabriel," John said. "Look after my tall child. And thank you for teaching him how to be fun."

"I was already fun!" Sam protested. "You just never caught me pranking people."

"Sure sure," John said. "Seriously though, Gabe if you hurt him I'll get Lucifer to stab you."

"Don't make me do that!" Luci said.

"No one makes us do anything," Gabe said.

"That suddenly got deep," Sam said.

"Yeah, continuing on," Gabe said.

"Yeah so good luck in not going to jail for your pranks," John said. "And here's to you too, Sam and Gabriel...what's your last name?"

"I'd happily take Winchester," Gabe said, looking up at Sam who looked down at him with loving eyes.

"I won't object to that," Sam said.

"Okay then," John said. "Sam and Gabriel Winchester." Everyone cheered and Gabe just kissed Sam softly.

"I have no speech but here's a lollipop," Charlie said, walking up to Gabe and giving him a lollipop. Sam laughed as Gabe took it enthusiastically.

"Guess we may as well say something," Dean said, Cas beside him. "Little brothers, you're married now and that's still weird."

"Yeah well think of this," Sam said. "You've been married for three years. And you have a cat. Don't call me weird."

Dean looked down at the cat still in Cas's arms. "Yeah, Shado's our kid." Cas just smiled at the cat, patting her softly.

"Gabe," Cas said. "I'm proud of you brother. And I'm happy for you."

"Thanks Cassie," Gabe said with a smile.

"Well I don't know what to say, this still seems weird," Dean said. "Gabe look after him."

"Why is no one telling Sam to look after me?" Gabe asked.

"Because that is an impossible act," Sam said. "You get in way too much trouble for that."

"I do not," Gabe said. "I never get caught."

"Do you need me to list every time you have?"

"Nope don't you dare, my record is perfect."

"Except it's really not."

"Shut up Samantha."

"Make me Gabey."

They half stared half glared at each other.

"Okay let's break this up before you start making out right here in front of us," Dean said. "You guys go dance or something."

Sam looked away from Gabe, laughing. Gabe smiled and stood up, holding his hand out to Sam.

"Shall we?" he said, and Sam took his hand, letting Gabe lead them out into the centre of the room.

They'd chosen a simple song, just a piano song with no other instruments, simply for the fact that it was a really pretty song. It could be sad if you were thinking of sad things, but this was a happy occasion. The song was Kiss the Rain by Yiruma.

(Tis the song with the chapter :P )

The song started playing and Gabe put a hand on Sam's shoulder, Sam's hand on his waist, their other hands linked. They swayed slowly together to the soft piano music.

"Sammy," Gabe said quietly. "I love you. Even if we weren't soulmates, if there was no such thing, I would still love you."

"I love you too Gabe," Sam said. "No matter the circumstances, no matter the world, the universe, I will always love you."

Gabe smiled up at him, leaning forward so that his head was on Sam's chest as they swayed to the music. Sam moved one of his hands to thread through Gabe's hair, leaning down to rest his head on Gabe's.

And that was how they spent the rest of the song, and the night, dancing together under the glow of the fairy lights.

~~

The inevitable ending is soon...but anyway :) The piano song for their dance, that is one of my all time favourite piano songs...fun fact, I used to use it to make myself sleep, so now I get sleepy whenever I hear it. Like now :P

I've had a lazy week watching Supernatural and Disney movies :P It's been great. Also only two days left of school until holidays :D

Oh it's after midnight. Huh. Oops? Meh. *Gives everyone apple pie flavoured ice cream because THAT IS ACTUALLY A THING*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 6.2K 18
in which scorpius malfoy discovered his father's journal over the summer, expressing old feelings for a certain golden boy, and found himself conflic...
674K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
5.4K 374 7
Jimin and Jungkook are in an arranged marriage, and now they are parents of babyboy. But what will be Jimin's reaction when he finds out it's not an...
864K 40.1K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...