Gold Petals || Dave East (Boo...

By GenHope

⚠️Book 1: Black Rose⚠️ Dave and Bernice are back, but this time as Mr. & Mrs. Brewster. How long will that la... More

Chapter 1: Honeymoon Phase
Chapter 2: Life & Death
Chapter 3: Old Friend
Chapter 4: Beautiful Chaos
Chapter 5: Ghostly Memories
Chapter 6: Double Trouble
Chapter 7: Heal Old Wounds
Chapter 8: Love Moments
Chapter 9: Home is People
Chapter 10: Sorry, Not Sorry
Chapter 11: Truth Hurts
Chapter 13: Bury Me Now
Chapter 14: Build and Destroy
Chapter 15: She Loves
Chapter 16: Strip the Mask
Chapter 17: Best of Both World's
Chapter 18: The Chaos in Me
Chapter 19: The Bad Influence
Chapter 20: Accidents Happen
Chapter 21: Inner Truth
Chapter 22: Under the Influence
Chapter 23: It Does Not Feel the Same
Chapter 24: The Last Request - Closure
Chapter 25: I Know No End
Chapter 26: Things Change
Chapter 27: Horrors of the Heart
Chapter 28: Pull Up, skrr!
Chapter 29: Shower on Our Parade
Chapter 30: Labor Pains
Chapter 31: Drowning Out the Noise
Chapter 32: Healing Drugs
Chapter 33: Cleaning Out the Closet
Chapter 34: When Words Fail
Chapter 35: It Never Ends
Chapter 36: Crash & Burn
Chapter 37: It is Not the End
Chapter 38: Moved On
Chapter 39: On Air
Chapter 40: The Things I Can Lose
Chapter 41: Love Meant
Chapter 42: Rebirth Our Love
Chapter 43: Kiss & Kill
Chapter 44: Changing Tides
Chapter 45: A Dangerous Shore
Chapter 46: The Waves Know
Chapter 47: Hello Again
Chapter 48: Things Do Come Back
Chapter 49: Curious Feel
Chapter 50: Where We Belong
Chapter 51: Tonight It Is Us
Chapter 52: Too Much
Chapter 53: Relatable Chaos
Chapter 54: Rioting Bloom
Chapter 55: I Did Not Know
Chapter 56: Dark Seconds
Chapter 57: Differences
Chapter 58: What Happens in Vegas...
Chapter 59: 50/50
Chapter 60: Love Will Get You Through
Chapter 61: Violent Storms
Chapter 62: Do Not Wait
Chapter 63: Endless War
Chapter 64: Calm Your Storms
Chapter 65: Please Stay
Chapter 66: I'm Sorry I Had To Go
Chapter 67: Hold It Down
Chapter 68: I Never Left You
Chapter 69: Unlocked Cages
Chapter 70: Flower in my Heart, Bloom Again

Chapter 12: Forgiveness is Love

30.3K 1.4K 359
By GenHope

Bernice
The Next Morning

After taking a shower I looked in the mirror at my now growing belly. I sighed putting cocoa butter on it. No stretch marks over here. I threw on a tank top, sweat suit, sneakers, and a hat. I really just didn't care right now. First I'm going to the gym to workout with my trainer and then to Toya's because she lives over there. Dave still didn't come home last night, which pissed me off to the highest degree. Getting slapped in your shit didn't teach you a lesson?

After the gym I was tired, but not too tired. At least it wasn't like the first trimester where I didn't even make it to the gym. All I did was sleep all day and feel sick. I drove over to Toya's place in Tribeca. I went up to her floor then the door knocking. She answered still in her pajamas, which was a silk top and bottoms. She looked surprised to see me probably because I didn't call first. I knew I forgot to do something. "It's almost noon. Why are you still in your pj's?" I asked just walking in.

"Today's my lazy off day," she said yawning. I sat on the couch and she went to the kitchen. "What brings you to my side of town? Coffee?"

"I went to the gym. No, thank you." I looked at her hair. One thing I noticed about Toya is she doesn't keep a hairstyle or hair color for long. "Bitch, you are slaying my life with this hair!" I said snapping dramatically. She flipped her hair over her shoulder smiling.

"Thank ya, baby. Oh my god! I saw all the drama in the groupchat. I can't believe Dave would do that. I still love him, he gets me paid, but I thought more highly of him. He's on dirt, for real! I'm disappointed and next time I see him I'm going to give him a good Bay Area ass whooping," I laughed. "Was she at least a dime? Like hella bad, not a 6 at best."

"Definitely bad, I'll give her that. I pointed her out one night at a club because the ass was serious. We introduced ourselves, come to find out Dave knew her back in the day."

"Who was the beezy?" I chuckled. Her proper, kind of annoying voice sounds weird with her slang.

"Her name's Cyn. I think it's short for Cynthia."

"Spanish, big boobs, and a big booty?" I nodded my head up and down. "Oh, I know who she is. You know I started working with more rappers. She's like a bottle girl. Nothing wrong with that, but she's a boppa! Always trying to get with a rapper or be seen next to one."

"I'm just over it," I said sighing. "Where's Tasia?"

"She went back to Cali. She's moving out here, but she has to get everything packed up first."

"Yay!" I said clapping, "One more addition to the crew. I like her, she's cool. It's like you times two!"

"Ew, I'm nothing like that little bitch!"

I died laughing, "You guys are exactly alike actually. You guys both love trap music, calling people bitches, and randomly singing."

She laughed. I heard a door shut then Buddha come down her winding staircase. He froze when he saw me.

I looked between the two of them. "Isn't this something! Hello, Buddha."

"Hey, B!" he said getting his shoes then sitting on the couch to put them on.

"Do you know where Dave stayed last night?"

"My place."

"Tell him I said hello."

"That's it?" He asked looking over at me as he tied his shoes.

"Yup, he knows what it is."

"That doesn't sound too good, but I'll tell him." He chuckled going over to Toya. He said something I couldn't hear, kissed her cheek then left.

As soon as that door shut and she locked it I asked, "What was that about?"

"Nothing," she said blowing on her coffee then taking a sip.

"Y'all messing around?"

"Maybe," she said shrugging.

"Quit one word answering me! I need the tea, bitch!"

"I finally gave him a chance, that's it. We're just chilling right now."

"Mhm, nigga spending the night and shit. You fucked him, huh?"

"Does fucking his face count?"

I bust out laughing. "You're a savage, Toya. I like this side of you. I knew you were a freak from the night you gave him that lap dance. You might as well give him the punani and quit playing!"

"He has waited this long he can wait a little longer."

"You're going to give that man blue balls."

"I'm pretty sure he has been getting sex from other women."

"Hm, I doubt it. The sex between you guys would be so intense. Imagine you guys staring into each other's eyes. The shit would burn like laser vision with both you guys' light eyes."

She laughed, "What are you even talking about?"

"Nothing, I say stupid stuff when I'm sleepy." I yawned, "But I think I'm gonna go back home. I need a nap."

"You can nap here with me!" She said coming over wrapping her arms around my shoulder.

I chuckled, "Ok. Let's have nap time."

Dave

I was in the kitchen looking for something to eat, but this man's fridge is empty. All he had was beer and juice. I shook my head closing it going to the Papa John's app to order pizza. I leaned on the kitchen counter when the front door opened with Buddha coming in. "Where'd you go, bro?"

"Antoinette's."

I raised my brow, "What were you doing over there?"

"Chillin'," Buddha said casually going to the fridge grabbing the juice drinking straight from it. It's his house, but note to self...don't drink from his shit.

"You have a bet with Zeek, remember? Sooo...did you get her yet or not?"

"We've been chilling for like a month now or so. We're not official if that's what you're asking."

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

He shrugged, "I didn't think it was that serious."

"I tell you everything even though I know you can't hold water, but you don't tell me stuff. Fuck kinda friend are you?"

"I just didn't want to speak too prematurely on it, aiight?" I nodded because I can respect that. "Wifey was over there. She said hello."

"That's it?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"I said the same thing. That and he knows what it is. I guess she knows what she did was wrong on her end. You were wrong too."

"That was a threat, Buddha. I know what she means." I sighed, "I didn't even do shit. It just LOOKED bad."

"I'ma need you to explain what happened exactly."

"I went to stay the night with Cyn. You remember her? We got cool again. I didn't want to come stay with you because she'd know. Me and Cyn start talking, blowing tree, and drinking Henny. I was drunk by one in the afternoon. Shawty start throwing up and a little got on my shirt, so I took my shirt off, threw it in the washer then went to sleep. When I wake up Cyn's yelling my name. I came out the room, guess who's there? B and Britt."

"Yo, how did she know where Cyn lives?"

"I don't know! I have no idea! Like I know B is crazy, but man. She come to Cyn's place all calm and shit. Barely even yelled. Had Cyn on hush by just putting her hand up. I'm thinking anger management and counseling had her calmed down. Wrong! Next thing you know she's slapping the shit out of me!"

Buddha started laughing, "You need to go home before she pop up here."

"I should've went home last night, but I was kinda scared." I admitted scratching my head. "I didn't fuck Cyn. I don't remember, but I know I didn't. She doesn't think that. I'm going to go home today though."

"That's a good idea, my brotha!"

Bernice
Later That Night

I laid on the couch watching one of my favorite movies Fresh. I shifted getting comfortable putting a pillow under my head when the front door opened. I didn't even bother to look up. I knew it was Dave. I could hear his keys fall into the medal bowl we kept our car keys in. "Look who's home..." I said dryly still watching the tv. He flicked the light on making my eyes burn as they tried to get adjusted. I had it completely pitch black, the way I like it. "...And trying to blind me!"

He chuckled, "Sorry." He went straight to the kitchen going to the refrigerator.

"You hungry?"

"No, I'm fine." He came into the living room drinking a Gatorade. He touched my belly asking, "How are the little ones?" Why are we acting normal? Because we know things aren't.

"Fine, I suppose." I sighed, "We need to talk."

"That we do," he sat down on the couch across from me. "Do you want to go first or should I?"

"I'll go first." I don't know why I said that because I have no idea what I want to say. I finally said something after thinking it through. "I apologize for what I did all those years ago. I know it was wrong taking our child away without telling you. I did it with the intent I was doing the right thing for the child, myself and you. I really just want you to consider the position I was put in. It was a decision I had to make by myself. You weren't there and I couldn't get in contact with you."

"And I get that, but what did you want me to do? Did you want me to just not leave and go to school just so you weren't alone? You can't place blame on me for trying to go and get an education to better my life even though it didn't work out. If I would've known you were pregnant you know I would've never left."

"Dave, let's be honest. If I -We, whatever the case, would've had that child our lives would be totally different. I was only 18 and you were 19. We would've never accomplished what we did. I would've never went to college and you would've had to come back from school. I worked at fucking Wal-Mart and you worked at a summer camp. We would've been dead broke and struggling! We always said we didn't want to raise a family like how we were brought up. You wouldn't be rapping and I wouldn't be in marketing. We wouldn't have any of this stuff."

"B, I'm hearing all the stuff you're saying, but I'm not even going to pretend like I actually care. You think I care about stuff? I don't give a fuck about a condo in the sky in Manhattan, cars, and clothes. I would've been just fine dead broke in Spanish Harlem still knowing my a child that loves me was walking on this earth. I would've been just fine with a little family with you in a little ass apartment filled with love. I'm not even mad about the abortion anymore because that can't be changed. At the end of the day I can wonder what if?, but we have two basically three babies coming. What I am mad about is that you sat in my fucking face for two years knowing this and never even tried to attempt to say anything. You had plenty of opportunities and didn't. Who does that, B?"

"I wanted to, Dave. But how do you just tell somebody that? That was just something I pushed to the back of my mind because that shit hurt. I went from being with you and talking to you everyday to hearing nothing from you. That shit hurt! Even at this stage of marriage I still don't think you understand how important to me you are. When I had NOBODY on this fucking earth I always had you. Then it wasn't like that anymore. For once I had to make a decision without you and it so happened to be something that I needed your approval on. Look at how my life went when we weren't friends. I was a stripper dating a drug dealer and user, rapper who beat me. Now look at my life." I grabbed a tissue blowing my nose. For someone who's a hard ass I sure do cry a lot.

I could hear Dave laugh, so I looked up at him. "You're so ugly when you cry, yo. And I didn't do anything. Your life was already on track before I came into the picture. You were successful already."

"My life was empty and lonely before you came back into it. A stuffy office job and a condo doesn't equal success. People who love you do." I paused trying to figure out my next question. I don't even know if I want the answer to this question. "Dave, did you...never mind." I said looking away.

"Did I what? Oh, I know. I didn't sleep with her, BB."

I looked up at him to see him staring at me. One thing I can say about Dave is he isn't a liar. There has never been a time when he wasn't honest with me even if it would hurt me. "That's hard to believe. Her whole ass was out in those shorts. Then you came out in your "fuckin" outfit!" I said scoffing.

"What is a fuckin' outfit, B? Please, enlighten me."

"The outfit you wear after you just got done fucking. Everybody got one. Mine is whatever guy it is t-shirt and panties. Yours is no shirt and basketball shorts. And I guess that bitches was a tank top, no bra with the nipples pokin', and hoochie mama shorts!" Dave laughed again, but I didn't find it funny. I was dead serious.

"I feel like you really made this shit up. I had no shirt on because she got throw up on me and that was my last shirt, so I had to throw it in the washer. And let's correct something...Whatever guy? No, you mean me."

"I mean, who knows." I said shrugging looking away.

"Don't play, Bernice. Because we all know who's that is and if you've been giving it away we're going to have way more problems." He said in a serious tone causing me to laugh.

"Stop making me laugh, I'm supposed to be mad."

"I'm supposed to be mad too, shit! We should be up in this bitch furious. Throwing shit, cursing each other out, then having some crazy ass makeup sex." He said biting his lip. "I thought that's how it was going to be. That's why I came home," he said sulking. "Instead we're having a heart to heart."

I chuckled, "That's how grown folks handle things. You want me to be crazy so bad."

"You are! You showed up to an address you've never been to before, slapped me around, then peaced out! You're crazy! And I don't know how many times I have to tell you not to put your hands on me." I laughed because that did sound crazy.

"I had to find my man. I don't give a fuck! You could've been in Antarctica and I still would've pulled up like Hey, what's up, hello! Act like you know!" I said rolling my neck. "But I'm sorry. I was mad and hormonal. I'm an emotional pregnant lady." I said pouting for pity.

"Fucking crazy! Your nuts! I understand, but don't let it happen again." I could tell by his face he was serious.

"Back to the topic. Let's just get this straight don't ever go spend the night with a bitch again. Matter of fact just don't ever see or talk to her again."

"You're going to be like that. Look, I don't want her and she doesn't want me either. She wants you, actually."

"What?"

"She wants you, B. All she talks about is how bad you are. She even asked for one night with you," he said laughing.

"Well, she messed that chance up. I might've considered it before, but now I don't like the bitch!"

"Every chick becomes a bitch all of a sudden if it pertains to me. Why that bitch keep staring at you? Who is this bitch? Why is that bitch smiling at you? You fuck her?" He went into a fit of laughter while I just glared at him. "Lie and say that isn't you all day. But I didn't cheat. I would never, no matter how mad I am. I know what I got. I married you for a reason." I couldn't help a smile from crossing my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled too. I stretched my arms out opening them. He got up not even walking, but scooting on the floor on his knees to me. I chuckled as his head landed on my chest. My big baby. He leaned up kissing me all over my face and lips. In the end it'll always be okay. I can't stay mad at him for too long and the same for him.

When you thought you showed Buddha this whole time, but really y'all have been using your imagination😂

Should they have forgiven each other so easily? Comment / Vote🌹✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 6K 58
"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down beside his. He puts his other hand on my...
11.7K 319 38
They once promised to always have each other's back but destiny does not always go as planned. Now almost four years later, each one living their lif...
556K 18K 72
How would you react when the sunny bright atmosphere turns into dark cloudy and you find yourself getting pushed into dark valley ? How would you re...
12.6K 1K 15
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬 but recently tragedy has struck the lives of both Demetrius and Aaliyah, now the...