Crush Him || n.h

By dancelikekids

It was just supposed to be a game, nothing serious. Just an innocent little prank. But it turned out to be r... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
THE FANFICTION AWARDS 2017!
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
EPILOGUE - last chapter
I'm sorry.
ALTERNATE ENDING

chapter three

10.4K 275 562
By dancelikekids

"Never heard of it, why?" I said.

Maya looked at her two friends, before turning back to me.

"We've been all screwed over by our Irish fellow, and we'd like him to know what it feels like to be screwed over."

"We totally understand if you say no." Kayla said, walking over to me to force me to sit down on the bed behind me.

"Say no to what?" I frowned.

"In the movie "John Tucker Must Die" there's this girl who pretends to go out with him, and plays really hard to get. And a guy like John... or a guy like Niall loves to chase a girl who's not really interested. So eventually the guy starts to fall for the girl and then bam, we have him right where we want him." Maya said.

"I don't understand. Where do I fit in in all of this?" I asked.

"You're the new girl, so Niall has no idea who you are. You're the perfect girl for this mission. All you gotta do is pretend to like him, go on a few dates... until he starts falling for you. Then we crush him."

I just stared at Maya.

I've been here one day and I'm already missing high school

"You want me to lie?" I questioned.

"Not lie, just fake your feelings towards him." Maya shrugged.

"No. I won't do it."

I stood up and headed towards the door, then turned around towards them.

"Call me in the morning when you're sober." I told Maya before exiting the room.

I walked down the hallway, trying to find my way downstairs again. I pulled out my phone from my pocket to check the time when I suddenly crashed right into someone. My phone almost slipped out of my hands and I wanted to yell at the guy for walking into me.

"I'm sorry! I was just leaving the bathroom, so I didn't know you were out here." The guy told me, with a British accent.

Oh no, another English man

I looked up, staring right into a couple of brown eyes. The guy looked friendly, had brown beard stubble and his brown hair was up in a small quiff.

"It's okay." I muttered before walking past him.

My phone said 1.22am, so I decided that it was time for me to head back to my dorm. Hopefully I won't wake up Alex.

But when I came back downstairs, I found her in the living room. She was currently playing beer pong with a bunch of people and I frowned to myself as I walked over there.

"Hey! I didn't know you were here!" She yelled over the music when she saw me.

"I thought you were asleep!" I yelled back. "Do you know anyone here?"

"Yeah, my brother is the president here!"

Maya told me about the president of Alpha Phi. His name is Ethan and according to my cousin he's a real prick. And now my roommate is related to him. Great.

The opposite "team" cheered as the tiny ball hit one of the cups in front of Alex. I looked across the table and locked eyes with the blonde Irish boy, Niall.

He smirked at me, before whispering something to his friend, who immediately looked at me. Then Niall left.

"You wanna go home?" I yelled to Alex.

"Yeah, give me five minutes!" She smiled back at me.

"Okay, I'll be outside!"

She nodded while getting ready to throw the ball across the table. I squeezed myself through the ocean of people, trying to find the front door. Just when I reached it, two hands were placed over my eyes from behind. The hands smelled like dirt and grass, and I placed my own hands upon the person's and removed them before turning around. Jennifer was standing behind me, smiling.

"You're going home?" She asked me, still trying to catch her breath. I assume she came straight from the soccer game.

I nodded.

"Where are the others?"

"Upstairs, I guess. I don't know where Becca is though."

"She's probably here somewhere." Jennifer said, still smiling. "Should I walk you home?"

"Nah, it's fine. My roommate is here, and she promised we'd leave soon."

"Okay, good. I don't want you to leave by yourself."

I smiled.

"I'll see ya. Go back to the soccer game."

"Bye." She called out as she turned around to run across the house, returning to the backyard.

I shook my head to myself and spun around again towards the front door. But an arm stopped me by blocking my way. My throat crashed right into the arm, almost making me lose my balance.

"You're leaving already?"

It was Niall who had stopped me by placing his hand against the doorframe.

"Yes, so excuse me but you're blocking my way."

"That was my intention." He smirked, still not removing his arm.

I rolled my eyes and tried ducking under it, but he took a step to the side so his body was in front of me.

"Unfortunately I can't let you leave in this condition."

"I'm not drunk." I frowned, folding my arms over my stomach.

"I know. That's the problem." He grinned. "You see... if I let you leave sober, the party would be a failure. And here at Alpha Phi we have a rule against unsuccessful parties. So I'm sorry miss, but you need to come with me to the kitchen."

"And why would I do that?" I questioned.

"So I can get you a drink. You don't want to break the rules, do you?"

"Are you serious?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Of course I'm serious. We can do this the hard way or the easy way. It's up to you."

I snorted. "Are you going to pick me up and force me to drink or what? If this is your way of flirting, then I really don't understand how you can be so popular among girls."

"Don't be silly. I would never do that." He looked behind me for a split second. "But my friends would."

I quickly turned around, but there was no one there. Niall started laughing as I looked back at him.

"I can't believe you fell for that." He laughed.

"And I can't believe how big of an idiot you are."

"Would you please let me get you a drink? Better?"

"Yes better, no to that drink. I'm leaving."

I tried once again sneaking past him, but he just wouldn't let me.

"What was your name again?" He asked me.

"If I tell you, will you let me pass?"

He nodded, but something told me he wouldn't move anyway.

"Amy." I said, and he shook his head.

"You're lying. You don't look like a Amy to me."

"And you don't look like a nice guy to me." I fought back, crossing my arms.

"Is it because of my tattoos? Girls normally like them." He smirked.

Then I felt someone placing their hand on my shoulder and I looked behind me, just to see Alex standing there with a smile on her lips.

"Ready to go?"

"Yes, but this asshole here refuses to let me through." I told her, glaring at Niall.

"So I see you've met Niall." Alex said and took a step forward towards him.

"You two know each other?" He asked, looking down at Alex, who now stood right next to him.

"We're roommates."

He grinned, looking back at me before casually placing his arm around Alex's shoulders, but she just shook it off.

"Ethan will kick your ass if he saw you doing that." She told him.

"Right, protective brother. But I wouldn't mind fooling around with his baby sister... or her roommate."

He looked at me and I felt like throwing up.

If every guy in college is like this jerk, then I don't want to leave my dorm ever again

"We're leaving." Alex said with a small giggle.

She reached out to grab my arm and Niall actually stepped aside. When I walked past him I could feel him staring at me, which made me feel a bit self-conscious. Alex dragged me out on the street before finally letting go of my wrist. I watched her walk in front of me, literally bouncing on her feet as she headed back to our dorm building. I wasn't sure if she was drunk or just happy. But either way it was nice to see someone acting so carefree. Maybe I was wrong about this girl. Maybe she wasn't that bad after all. Maybe she was just enjoying life to the fullest.

Gee, I could use some of her personality

---

Maya dropped me off by my first class on Monday morning. Since the building was pretty big, I needed some help finding the right place. I also asked Alex to meet me by the entrance later today, because apparently we had math class together and going there alone wasn't something I felt like doing.

I took a seat on the second row, pulling out everything I needed for my first official class in college. More students entered the room but everyone was really quiet. They seemed to be just as nervous as me. But then a guy stepped in. He started greeting everyone on the first row. I carefully watched him as he walked by.

He was politely shaking everyone's hands, ignoring the looks he got from doing that. He had a firm grip around the strap of his bag and his feet moved against the floor without making any sound. I could slightly hear him introducing himself as 'Harry' and giving everyone a bright smile. He reminded me of Alex, a person who's really outgoing and doesn't care what other people think. His voice was soft and gentle, just as his movements. His brown curls kept bouncing on top of his head as he started walking up the stairs to the second row. I could tell everyone in the room was taking in his appearance, because he was literally the only one speaking and smiling brightly. Everyone else just sat in their chairs, staring down at their cell phones or drawing on a piece of paper, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

Then the guy took the seat next to me.

"Good morning. I'm Harry."

Oh come on, he's British

I quickly made eye contact with him, forced a smile and said "Sam" before looking back at the white board.

"Are you excited to be here? I've waited all year for this."

"You mean dying while writing essays and assignments?" I questioned.

He really does remind me so much of Alex.

"Yeah." He smiled. "That's just a part of college. There's so much else to look forward to."

"Like what?" I chuckled.

"The adventures, of course. This is a new chapter in our lives and I'm so happy I get to share it with all of you!" He smiled, looking around us. A few people groaned, but that didn't bring him down.

"I guess you're friends with that Louis guy?" I asked, kind of disappointed.

"No, who's Louis?"

"You don't know him? I thought you British guys went here together."

Harry shook his head, slightly laughing.

"I went here with a childhood friend of mine. My sister moved to America a few years ago, just so she could go to college here. Now it's my turn."

"Okay, so a little advice for you then. Stay away from the other British guys."

"Why, if I may ask?" He asked with a small grin.

"I personally don't know them, my cousin gave me the advice, so I just thought I'd pass it on."

"Got it." He nodded, before frowning a bit. "What did you say your name was again?"

"Samantha Jenkins, but you can call me Sam." I said and held out my hand to him.

"Nice to meet you, Samantha. My name is Harry. Harry Styles."

"Styles?" I questioned.

"Yeah. It's a bit odd, I know." He laughed. "But once you're pass the stage of making puns about my name, I think we'll get on real well."

Alex was kicking on a rock as we walked down the street. I was on my way over to Maya's sorority and Alex was going to her brother's fraternity, so we decided to walk together. She was talking about her first day and how many new people she had met. She still seemed to be rather excited about being in college, even though we've been here for a couple of days now. I'm actually starting to like her more, even though she still gets on my nerves from time to time. But since we're going to live together for a long time from now on, I might as well get used to her enthusiasm.

"Should we meet here in, let's say, two hours?" She suggested once we were standing in the middle of the street, where the four houses were surrounding us.

"Sounds great." I said, before she headed over to Alpha Phi.

I was just about to start walking towards Alpha Delta Pi when someone suddenly called my name. I frowned to myself as I turned around, thinking that nobody around here knows me except Maya.

I laid my eyes on the guy from the party. I had a hard time remembering his name, and felt bad about it since he clearly remembered mine.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked as he approached me. He seemed to come straight from the other fraternity.

"Just going to visit my cousin, gossip about everyone I met today." I said, pointing at the sorority.

"Oh right, how was your first day?" He asked and gave me that cute smile he showed me on the party.

I shrugged. "Alright I guess. I'll get used to it."

I can't remember his name

"Did you get home safe last Friday by the way? I kind of lost you at the party when Kayla dragged you inside."

"Oh, yeah sorry about that. I found my roommate so we went back to our dorm together."

"No need to apologise." He smiled. "Hopefully I'll get another chance of getting to know you."

Is he flirting with me?

He totally is

"Okay, I was just heading out. But I'll see you around?" He said and started walking backwards, still smiling at me.

"Yeah, sure." I smiled back at him.

He raised his hand and gave me a small wave before turning his back towards me. I couldn't help but smile to myself at how cute he was, even though I really couldn't remember his name. I mean I wasn't drunk at the party. I just suck at names.

"That was terrible to watch."

I was startled by the sudden voice behind me.

"The guy takes drama lessons but cannot flirt with girls for shit."

I turned around, and my eyes fell on a smirking Niall. He had a backpack hanging on his shoulder, a steady grip around its strap, the other hand in his pocket and once again hiding his eyes behind a pair of sunglasses. If I should judge him by his appearance, it looked like he just came back from class.

"You know him?"

"Jesse? We live on the same street so of course I know him."

JESSE

Keep that in mind

"He lives in the wrong frat though." Niall said. "If he lived at Alpha Phi you would be in his bed by the end of the day."

"What?" I frowned.

"All I'm saying is that if he lived with us, we would have taught him how to flirt."

"I thought he did great."

"Of course you did." He said with a chuckle. "You're only saying that because of pity."

"You're such an asshole."

I started to walk towards Maya's sorority, and I wasn't even surprised that he jogged up to me. He placed his hand on my shoulder to stop me.

"Hey, I forgot to ask you something."

I sighed and turned to face him.

"Did you get home safe last Friday? I lost you at the party." He grinned.

"Are you going to make fun of him now?"

"No, I'm seriously asking you. I was worried about you after Alex dragged you out to the street in the middle of the night. You can't trust the Clark siblings."

I snorted and crossed my arms.

This guy is just too much

"Next time, will you please let me walk you home? Alex is too weak to protect you from bad guys. I promise to keep you safe."

"What are you talking about?" I asked frowning.

"You don't want your roommate to be your bodyguard, right? I play football three times a week and could easily beat someone up for touching you."

He took a step forward, and pulled off his sunglasses to look me straight in the eye.

"Every girl deserves her own hero. I can be yours, Samantha."

"So you do know my name." I stated.

He smirked. "I heard Jesse call it a few minutes ago. And this is the kind of stuff he would tell you if he was staying at my frat. You were starting to cave, because you're just as fragile as every other girl."

"What?" I frowned.

He placed his sunglasses over his eyes again.

"That is how you flirt at Alpha Phi."

"You really are an asshole." I told him before rushing up the stairs outside Maya's sorority. I knocked on the door a few times before letting myself in. I saw Kayla and Jennifer in the lounge room and headed their way.

"Oh hi Sam!" Kayla called out, waving at me.

I tossed my bag on the floor, slumped down in the couch and kicked up my feet on the table.

"What's wrong?" Jennifer asked. "Rough first day?"

I looked straight at Kayla.

"I'm in."

"What?" She asked, slightly frowning.

"Let's crush Niall." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 431 33
Niall is the new kid in town and he's attending his 2nd year of high school in Redditch, London. He was kicked out of his previous school due to um...
906K 30.7K 27
Renee Delilah Parker has never been too popular at school. She gets average grades, has two best friends and all she wants to do is get through her l...
35.2K 2.1K 70
One Night. One Guy. One Mystery. What she thought was going to be an ordinary night out at work ended up being the complete opposite. What he thought...
20.6K 644 40
~~~~Sequel to Make You Believe~~~~ Skye O'Sullivan has had a hard life and decided to run away to Washington to attend college and get away from her...