Faceoff

By cal_fromthehood

"It's my job, I can't just drop everything for you." Jonathan scuffed, throwing clothes in his bag. He glance... More

Chapter 1- Game Day
Chapter 2- I'm Not a Hawks Fan!
Chapter 3- The Game
Chapter 4- The Blues
Chapter 5- I Hate Schwartz
Chapter 6- Showtime
Chapter 7- Playoffs Baby
Chapter- First Date?
Chapter 9 -Wild Game 1
Chapter 10- Double Trouble
Chapter 11-Partayyy
Chapter 12- Life's a Beach
Chapter 13 -Who is that?
Chapter 14- Teenagers
Chapter 15 -Deke
Not an update
Chapter 16 -What Is Love?
Chapter 17- Familia
Chapter 18- California
Chapter 19- War
Chapter 20 -Artists
Chapter 21- Bennie
Chapter 22 -Galaxy
Chapter 23- Go Cubs Go
Chapter 24 -We Are The Champions
Chapter 25 -Wuthering Heights
Chapter 26 -It's Vegas Baby
Chapter 27 -Waking Up In Vegas
Chapter 28 -Wedding Bells
Chapter 29 -Kiddos
Chapter 30 -I Love You
Chapter 31 -Winnipeg
Chapter 32 -Soulmates
Chapter 33 -Mr. And Mrs. Oshie
Chapter 34 -The Goodbye
Chapter 35 -Dallas Baby
Chapter 36 -New Beginnings
Chapter 37 -Welcome Home
Chapter 38 -Bear Down
Chapter 39 -Falling
Chapter 40 -DC
Chapter 41 -The News
Chapter 42- Bootiful
Chapter 43- I Love You
Chapter 45- Epilogue Part 2

Chapter 44 -Epilogue Part 1

416 8 0
By cal_fromthehood

Natalie's P.O.V

"Babes get up, we've got to get going." Lauren whispered, kissing my cheek and throwing a jersey at me. I groaned, glancing at the clock and realizing it was nearly 9:30. I jumped out of bed, changing into the Oshie jersey I'd been sporting almost every day for the past few months. I paired the jersey with leggings and a capitals hat.

My hair was still curled from last night so I just applied a bit of foundation and mascara. Lyla met me in the bathroom and we brushed our teeth singing to an old Taylor Swift song. It was a bit of game day ritual we'd started to carry out. The only difference each time was which Taylor Swift song we chose, but Lyla was obsessed with "You Belong With Me" at the moment so that's what we'd been listening to all week. After we spit out our toothpaste I kissed the young girls forehead and helped her into her little Oshie jersey.

"Lauren dear, me and Lyla-girl are ready to go." Lauren emerged from her master suit, looking beautiful as ever. She picked her daughter up and we made our way down the street towards the game. The stadium was crowed, but we found our seats in no time. Julianne was in her normal seat, but Derek had joined her today.

"Hello Houghs, how is this fine Sunday treating you?" I asked, sitting between the beautiful blondes. Julianne and I had bonded greatly since I'd moved to DC. She was a complete sweetheart and we hung out almost every time the boys were on a road trip.

"So great. Oscars tonight, you ladies still coming over?" Lauren and I nodded. We'd been excited about Jill's Oscar night dinner party for a few weeks now.

"Of course. Derek you're still in right? I need my date there." I pouted, giving the boy a wink. Since Derek and I were the only single ones in our group we always joked about how we were dating too.

"Baby, of course I will." He returned the wink and I chuckled deeply just as the boys took the ice. TJ made a beeline for us, making a goofy face at Lyla who giggled like a maniac. I was focused on Ovi would skated quickly towards the net when the other team stepped onto the ice. My stomach instantly dropped when my eyes landed on their captain.

19 Toews

"I've got to go." I hissed, grabbing my bag to leave the arena. Lauren latched onto my arm, yanking me back into my seat.

"Please stay." She begged. "Juls will be pissed if you don't show up tonight and we were all gonna get drinks before. If you leave I'm gonna kill you."

"Lauren you know I can't be here when he's three feet away." I gestured towards the man in white. She gave me her best pout and I couldn't say no. "Fine, but we're leaving right away."

The game started shortly after and my stomach wouldn't stop twisting and turning. Patrick looked back at me while on the bench giving me the weakest smile I'd ever seen. I felt nauseous seeing one of my best friends so torn up. He was one of the only reasons I still miss Chicago. Of course Jon was the other, but I would never admit to that. As much as I loved the guy, there was no way I could put myself through another relationship right now.

*****

"Come on, I told TJ we could drive him to dinner." Lauren groaned, pulling me towards the locker rooms. I knew I was being annoying by not wanting to go near the players, but Laur had to understand how much it terrified me to be near Jon right now. I couldn't help staring at him throughout the entire game, but the thought of having to be next to him was making me anxious.

"Let me drop off Lyla while you wait for him, please."

"Nat, I know you're scared, but you have to get over your fear of confrontation. Jon is one of TJ's longest friends in this league so he's going to be around whether you like it or not." Lauren hissed. We very rarely argued, so when we did I was always quick to back down. "Now wait out here with Ly."

She made her way into the locker room while I slid down the hallway's wall so I was level with Lyla. The toddler giggled at my frustrated demeanor, knowing she could change it quickly. I sighed, hugging my best friends daughter while my anger towards her mother melted away. I felt calm, that is until the visitors locker room door swung open.

"Nat?" I heard a soft whisper. My eyes shot up towards the voice and they instantly filled with tears. I rushed towards the man who stood with his arms wide open to me. Andrew's face was instantly wet with tears and I know I look exactly the same.

"Hey Mutt, how are you?" I chucked, wiping the moisture off my cheeks. He gave me a happy smile as if seeing me was the best thing to ever happen to him.

"We all miss you, you know?" I just nod, not being able to find the words I want to say. "Please come home."

"I'm beginning to think DC is my home, Andrew. My best friend is here and I want to be there to see his kids grow up."

"But your family is back in Chicago. Mark says you've never visited him since he moved in with Barb. Plus we're all there. Don't you care about us?" He whispered, a sad expression filling his face.

"Of course I miss you guys and Mark, but it's too hard to be there right now. DC is a fresh start that I really need right now."

"It's been almost 5 months now, Natalie. You can't just pick up your life and leave a whole group of people that love you unconditionally just because of your parents dying. We wanted to be there for you, but you deserted us. You deserted Jon."

"Don't you dare say his name right now. You know he's the reason I had to leave Chicago."

"Why though? Because he came home drunk one night? That's the stupidest excuse of a life change I've ever heard."

"You know what, I'm not taking this right now." I scooped up Lyla and began walking down the empty tunnel. There were loud footstep running towards me so I sped up, expecting it was Andrew to apologize. What I got was so much worse.

"Can we please talk?" Jon begged, cupping my sobbing face. I pushed him off of me, but he held a tight grip. "I'm begging you, baby. Please, I need to talk to you."

"I have plans tonight. I'm sorry." I stated, hoping it would get him off of my case. I wasn't completely lying, but I'm sure I could've squeezed in a quick chat before dinner.

"Cancel them. I'm begging you Natalie." I sighed, kissing Lyla's head and shooing her towards the dressing room. The jersey I was wearing felt wrinkled, so I quickly smoothed it out. "You know I think you look better in my jersey."

"You know blue looks good on me though." I joked, smiling at the boy I was terrified of just minutes ago. He chuckled deeply as we walked away for the arena.

"Look, we're kind of ignoring the giant elephant in the room."

"Look Jon, I'm sorry for just running away, but I was so pissed at you. Why the fuck would you drive home drunk when you know that's how my parents died?" I felt the tears brimming my eyes. I hadn't cried over my parents since the month of their death, but sometimes I would randomly think of them and my heart would tighten and break all over again.

"I messed up. I'm a terrible person, I know that. But I'm so undeniably in love with you and honestly, I don't think I will ever love anyone other than you."

"Jon-"

"No Natalie. I'm completely serious. You're the love of my life." He cried out, cupping my cheeks. I was crying by now, but I craved Jon's touch. He seemed to sense it as he softly placed his lips against mine. There was loud cheers from down the hallway and we instantly broke away to be faced with our dorky friends. Osh made his way towards us, slapping Jon's back as they bro hugged.

"He's the best boyfriend you've had. Don't let him go, Bubs." TJ whispered, kissing my head while pulling Lauren into his side.

"I dated you, Chubs." I chuckled, leaning into Jonny's side. He placed his hand tightly around my waist and pulled me closer.

"And I was a terrible boyfriend." He chuckled. "We've got to get going to Jul's party. You guys in?"

Jon nodded, grasping my hand and pulling me out of the stadium for a night filled with drinking, laughing and a whole lot of love.

*****

"Sweetcheeks, Julianne is literally going to kill you if you don't hurry up." Jon shouted impatiently. I adjusted my dress for the last time and rushed out of the hotel room we were staying at. Jon greeted me with a kiss, telling me how beautiful I looked. Of course, he looked 100 times better than I ever could.

"I can't believe she's getting married today. I've been a fan of her since I was younger and now I'm watching her get married." I sighed, realizing how amazing my life was at this exact moment. My friends would drop anything for me, I loved my new job with the Hawks, and I had the most amazing fiance in the entire world. Literally nothing could make my life any better.

Jon and I found our seats next to TJ, Lauren, Lyla, their baby girl who was now nearly one, and Derek. Derek kissed my cheek and Laur gave me a tight hug. We sat down and waited until the music played. In walked Julianne, looking outrageously gorgeous. She was one of the most beautiful humans I'd ever met, inside and out. The crying couple exchanged their vows and the entire church was smiling ear to ear.

"I can't wait until that's us." Jon whispered, leaning close to my ear. I turned towards him and grinned.

"Soon baby, soon."

Okay only one more chapter :( I tried to make this super long, but it ended up only being like 150 more words than usual so I apologize. Hope you all like this part :)

Q: What book are you currently reading?

A: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Almost done and not sure if I like it or not yet.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.2K 1.6K 49
Jonathan Toews is looking for another cup. There is nothing that will break his focus from raising the thirty five pound hunk of metal over his head...
31K 559 21
Love that we can not have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest, and feels the strongest -Unknown Jonathan Toews was never the one to...
4.1K 86 15
Jamie and Jonathan are back, after a painful breakup the two of them cross paths once again. during the World Cup of Hockey Jonathan and Jamie bond...
8.5K 198 20
At the age of six my life changed Most parts of it rearranged Red hair and hazel eyes I found myself raised by two guys That acted like I was their...