the heiress || harry potter f...

By GEMOfTheNight

When GEMMALYNN was younger, her grandfather told her everything he knew, but when she got older, he left her... More

⚡️The Sorcerer's Stone⚡️
i. the heiress and the boy who lived
ii. the gryffindor and the house of gryffindor
iii. the seeker and the school of magic
iv. the protector and the mirror of erised
v. the friend and the sorcerer's stone
vi. the witch and the house cup
⚡️The Chamber of Secrets⚡️
vii. the favorite and the weasley family
viii. the sane and the insane professor
ix. the suspect and the quidditch game
x. the parselmouth and the rising problems
xi. the lioness and the doubts
xii. the best friend and the spiders
xiii. the heir and the chamber of secrets
xiv. the true gryffindor and the truth
⚡The Prisoner of Azkaban⚡
xv. the special one and the dangers
xvi. the brave one and the friendship
xvii. the open heart and the break in
xviii. the soft spot and the marauders map
xix. the valentine and the patronus
xx. the godchild and the prisoner of azkaban
xxi. the brilliant one and the time turner
⚡The Goblet of Fire⚡
xxiii. the quiddtich fan and the tournament
xxiv. the champion and the misunderstanding
xxv. the mediator and the first task
xxvi. the date and the yule ball
xxvii. the treasure and the second task
xxviii. the winner and the dark lord
⚡Order of the Phoenix⚡
xxix. the wanderer and the safe place
xxx. the brokenhearted and the twins
xxxi. the defender and the thestrals
xxxii. the founder and the d.a.
xxxiii. the girl and the mistletoe

xxii. the time traveler and the firebolt

718 29 0
By GEMOfTheNight

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione raced through the trees of the Forbidden Forest as Buckbeak loped easily behind them.

"Now, what?" Harry asked and glanced at Gemmalynn.

"Didn't you hear me earlier, Harry? We save Sirius, of course." Gemmalynn told him.

Harry frowned slightly. "I heard, but, we do that how?"

Harry and Hermione looked at Gemmalynn and saw she was pouting in annoyance. Hermione thought that her best friend looked adorable while pouting and glanced at Harry. She stifled her laugh when she saw he was staring at their friend with a blush on his cheeks.

Gemmalynn looked ahead and saw the Whomping Willow thrashing, just as she saw herself and Hermione disappeared down the hole, and Lupin approached the tree.

"Look, it's Professor Lupin!"

The three watched as the Whomping Willow began to thrash, but a calm Lupin took a stick, poked a knot on the trunk, making the violent tree calm down.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen and her mouth gawked open in shock "So, that's how you do it." she said in awe.

Harry turned to her with a grin. "Wait until Fred and George hear about that one." he said as he and Gemmalynn chuckled.

"Here comes, Snape." Hermione told them.

As Lupin disappeared into the gap at the base of the tree, Snape followed after him.

"And now, we wait." Harry said and the girls nodded.

"Now, we wait."

⚡⚡⚡

Bats flew around the darkening sky as Buckbeak easily snagged one to chew on.

Gemmalynn smiled fondly at Buckbeak. "At least someone's enjoying himself." she said and sighed softly.

Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione sat together as they waited for themselves to come out of the Whomping Willow. Harry snapped off a piece of chocolate and handed it to Gemmalynn, who smiled gratefully. He snapped another one and handed it to Hermione, who smiled politely and declined it.

"Hermione."

Hermione looked back at Harry. "Yes?"

"Before. Down by the lake, when Gem and I were with Sirius. I saw someone, that someone made the Dementors go away." Harry said as Gemmalynn quietly nibbled her chocolate.

Hermione nodded. "With a Patronus. I heard Snape telling Dumbledore when we were taken to the hospital. According to him, only a really powerful wizard could have conjured it." she said and looked at a quiet Gemmalynn.

"It was my dad." Harry said and glanced at Gemmalynn, who stopped eating her chocolate. "And, Gem's mum, Hermione. It was my dad and Gem's mum who conjured the two Patronus I saw."

Hermione frowned in confusion. "But, Harry, your dad, and Gem's mum are---"

"Dead, I know. I'm just telling you what I saw." Harry said and glanced at Gemmalynn. "What's on your mind, Gem?"

Hermione looked at Gemmalynn, who slightly flinched at the sudden attention on her, making Harry smile in amusement at her reaction.

Gemmalynn looked down at her lap as she fidgeted with her fingers. "I saw a man and a woman, and the two Patronus, but I don't think it was them, Harry." she said truthfully and looked at Harry. 'The feeling I felt the moment I conjurned my Patronus, was the same feeling I felt at that moment at the Black Lake and when I saw the man and the women with the two Patronus. And, now, Harry and I travelled in the past. Could it be that we---'

"Here we come."

Gemmalyn's thoughts were interrupted when she saw shadows emerged under a full moon. It was herself, Harry, Black, Pettigrew, Lupin, Hermione, Ron and a sleepwalking Snape.

Gemmalynn and Harry saw theirselves talking to Black, and smiled happily.

"You see Sirius talking to us?" Gemmalynn asked Hermione, who nodded. "He's asking us to come live with him."

Hermione's eyes widen in surprise. "Really?"

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other and nodded happily, before looking at Black.

"When we free him, I'll never have to go back to the Dursley's. I'm going to tell him I'd like to live someplace in the country." Harry said, happily.

Gemmalynn looked at him and smiled warmly. "I think he'd like that, after all those years in Azkaban. And, I'm coming with you."

Harry looked at her, affectionately. "We don't need a big place, and we can help him." he said and Gemmalynn nodded in agreement.

A howl pierced the night and Gemmalynn looked back at themselves.

"It's happened. Professor Lupin transformed."

Harry nodded and glanced at Gemmalynn. "Which means Pettigrew is slipping safely into the night." he said.

Hermione frowned. "While we just stand here."

A fierce growling was heard as twin silhouettes, the dog and the werewolf bound into the tall grass. Harry watched himself and Gemmalynn hurled their sticks as before, and werewolf stalked towards them as Harry covered his body over Gemmalynn's, making Harry proud of himself.

Gemmalynn and Hermione looked at each other and nodded as Hermione cupped her hands around her mouth and howled loudly.

Harry turned Hermione and quickly covered her mouth. "What are you doing?"

"Saving your life."

"And, mine." Gemmalynn added as cupped her hands around her mouth and howled loudly.

Harry smiled gratefully at the two girls. "Thanks a lot."

Hermione smiled back at him as Gemmalynn looked up and her eyes widen with her mouth hanged open.

"But, we have to move."

Harry and Hermione turned to her, confused. "Why?"

Gemmalynn grabbed Harry and Hermione's hands. "Because, that werewolf we just called is running right this way!" she said, panicking. "Run!"

The three burst out running, Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione dashed away from the werewolf for their dear lives, before swinging behind a huge tree to hide. Gemmalynn warily glanced at the werewolf and saw it was slowly approaching the tree they were hiding. She glanced at Harry and Hermione and silently gestured them to follow her. They sidestep in the opposite direction, until the werewolf disappeared.

Hermione frowned and looked at Gemmalynn. "I think we forgot something." she told her.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in horror. "More like a magical creature. Buckbeak! We've got to find him!" she said, worriedly.

The three stepped out from the tree and froze when they saw the werewolf, poising itself and preparing to pounce on them. The trees shook with the fury of a hurricane and Buckbeak charged between the three and the werewolf. Gemmalynn grinned happily at the hippogriff as the werewolf snarled angrily, ready to charge. With lightning-fast reflexes, Buckbeak's claws slashed the air only inches from the werewolf's face. The werewolf stopped, its eyes glittering with rage before howling and turning away into the forest.

Gemmalynn looked sadly. "It must been difficult for Professor Lupin."

"Poor, Professor Lupin is having a really tough night." Hermione added.

Just then, a chill wind rose with leaves of the trees trembling as eerie shadows of Dementors fluttered over the moon, greasy as smoke.

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at each other and nodded. "Let's go!"

With Harry leading, Gemmalynn and Hermione followed him towards the lake. When they arrived, their faces were mixture of shock and terror stricken, seeing across the lake a cyclone of Dementors whirled madly above Gemmalynn, Harry and Black.

Gemmalynn and Harry watched the latter vainly attempted to conjure a Patronus as the cyclone of Dementors only continued to grow.

"This is horrible." Hermione said, horrified.

"Don't worry. My dad and Gem's mum will come. Right there, you'll see. They'll come, any minute. They'll conjure their Patronus." Harry said, his eyes never leaving the spot he thought he saw his father and Gem's mother.

Hermione warily eyed Harry and looked at Gemmalynn, who looked heartbroken. "Gem?"

Gemmalynn glanced at her and smiled sadly. "I know who they are." she mumbled and looked at Harry. "Those familiar figures, those two Patronus."

The lake began to freeze as one after another, Dementors dropped from the sky, vanishing in the cyclone.

"No one's coming, Harry." Gemmalynn told Harry as she stepped in front of him.

"They will!" Harry shouted angrily, making Gemmalynn and Hermione flinch in surprise. "They will come!"

Gemmalynn looked at to the pitiful sight of herself, Harry and Black at the water's edge, wracked with pain and dying. She narrowed her eyes at Harry as she whipped her wand out and clenched it tightly in her hand.

"It was us!" Gemmalynn yelled angrily at him before rushing through the trees towards the exact same spot she saw the man and woman, her and Harry, and raised her wand towards the Dementors. "Expecto Patronum!"

Gemmalynn noticed Harry beside her with his wand raised and smiled sadly.

"Expecto Patronum!"

A wisp of silver escaped their wands, hovering like a mist, then bloomed magnificently. The trees exploded with light and the lake blazed with reflected fire as a lion and a stag, their bodies luminous slashing through the trees. Dementors wilt in their wake, but more replace them, sweeping down in waves. Still, the lion and the stag charged on. The lights expanded, making the forest blaze with it. The remaining Dementors flee, drifting across the moon like ash as the lights ebbed and the lion's and the stag's luminous bodies flickered. There was a bright flash, and then darkness returned, two threads of light remained, spinning down to the size of a pearl in the palm Gemmalynn and Harry, who stood utterly still with their wands raised as they waited until each and every one of the Dementors were gone before dropping their arms back to their side.

"It was us. You were right, Gem."

Gemmalynn turned to look at Harry and saw his eyes brimmed with tears. She wrapped her arm around his neck and brought him into a gentle and comforting embrace.

"I didn't know how you figured it out, Gem, but you were right. It was us, we saw ourselves." Harry said as he wrapped his arms around Gemmalynn and leaned his head over her shoulder.

Gemmalynn hummed in agreement. "I knew it was us, Harry. When I conjured my Patronus for the first time, even if it wasn't, it felt familiar and I knew I could do it, because I've already done it. Like you have." she explained and glanced at herself across the lake. "We could conjure our Patronus, because we've already done it before we knew we can. We went back in time."

Harry nodded in agreement. "It does make sense."

Gemmalynn pulled away from him and cupped his face with her hands. She smiled warmly as she stared at his face and gazed into his green eyes before gently wiping the dirt on his cheeks.

"Both our parents are dead, but the ones living needs our help, Harry."

Harry nodded as he closed his eyes and placed his forehead against Gemmalynn's.

Gemmalynn chuckled lightly and caressed his cheeks, unaware that were reddening. "Let's save, Sirius."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

Gemmalynn and Harry quickly left the lake and returned to Hermione, who did not ask them questions and remained quiet. They rode on Buckbeak and soared towards the castle to find Black.

Gemmalynn looked down and her eyes widen, seeing Black was indeed in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower, just what her grandfather told them, but also saw Snape and Fudge.

"There's Sirius! We have to hurry!"

Buckbeak landed at the tower, and upon seeing them, Black stopped pacing inside the small cell. He was stunned to see his godchildren and their friend, while Gemmalynn and Harry grinned, happy to see him.

Hermione pushed past Gemmalynn and Harry. "Out of the way!" she said and raised her wand towards the lock of the cell. "Alohomora!"

Gemmalynn watched quietly as Black tested the iron door and noticed it was still locked.

"Didn't really expect that to work." Hermione muttered and as Snape and Fudge came closer and closer towards them. "Dunamis! Liberare! Annihilare! Emancipare! Finite!"

Hermione started to paced around in panic as all the spells that she could think of didn't open the iron door. "No. No. No. No!"

"You might try---"

Hermione glared at Black. "Quiet! I'm trying to think!" she snapped angrily.

Black's eyes widen in shock as Gemmalynn groaned impatiently and pushed past Hermione.

"Oh, bloody hell! Move over, Hermione. Do I have to do everything?!" Gemmalynn complained as she whipped her wand out. "Bombarda!"

The cell door rocketed to the sky as Black grinned at his goddaughter.

"As brilliant as Emma, and as fierce as Leo!"

Gemmalynn looked at Black with confusion. 'Leo? That name was also in the Marauder's Map.'

Hermione frowned childishly. "Why didn't I thought about that?" she asked herself in disbelief.

Gemmalynn embraced her tightly. "You were stressed, it happens."

⚡⚡⚡

Buckbeak flew Gemmalynn, Harry, Hermione and Black off the Dark Tower, and soared high just as Snape and Fudge reached the top.

Black's hair blew in the wind as he laughed happily. "You are both truly your parents' son and daughter, Harry, Gemmalynn!" he said, proudly as Gemmalynn and Harry grinned at each other.

At the clock tower courtyard, Buckbeak flew down and Black dismounted first and helped the three, one by one. Gemmalynn was the last to dismount as Black placed his hands securely around her waist and swung her off Buckbeak and onto the ground next to Harry.

"I'll be forever grateful for this. To the three of you." Black said and gazed fondly at Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione.

Hermione smiled happily, while Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other before looking back at Black.

"We want to go with you, Sirius!"

Black chuckled lightly. "One day perhaps. For some time life will be too unpredictable. Besides, you both are meant to be here." he said and clamped each hand on their shoulders, glancing between their similar green eyes. "It's cruel that I got to spend so much time with Emma, Griffin, James and Lily, and you both so little. But, know this, the ones that love us never really leave us."

Hermione smiled affectionately at the three and noticed Gemmalynn looking at Harry.

"And, you can always find them in here." Black said and placed a hand on Harry's heart as he glanced between him and Gemmalynn.

Realizing she, Harry and Black won't be seeing each other for a while, knowing the fact that her and Harry's godfather would be laying low for a while, Gemmalynn's eyes brimmed with tears and smiled sadly as she rushed to embrace Black, who looked down at her in surprise before embracing her back.

"Be safe, Padfoot."

As Gemmalynn pulled away, Black stared at her in astonishment.

"Padfoot? And, how---"

Gemmalynn chuckled in amusement. "Well, earlier, when you got out of your cell, you yelled mum's name, then another one, Leo. I figured who else would you yell with mum's name, but my dad's? Then, I remembered the map Professor Lupin confiscated with the names: Prongs, Padfoot, Wormtail, Moony and Leo. I figured Leo was dad." she explained as Black gazed fondly at her. "With Professor Snape's assignment I knew Professor Lupin was a werewolf, I saw Peter Pettigrew transformed into a rat, and you as a dog, which were closely related to the names, Moony, Wormtail and Padfoot, respectively. So, Prongs must be Harry's dad. You five are the Marauders."

Black chuckled as tears brimmed his eyes. "You're just like Emma. Clever and brilliant." he said and tightly embraced Gemmalynn before looking at Harry. "Take care, you two."

Gemmalynn glanced at Harry and grabbed his arm to pull him towards her and Black for a group hug. The three chuckled lightly before letting go.

Black climbed on Buckbeak as a shooting star passed through the starry night sky. "A shooting star. Make a wish." he said and gave Buckbeak a slap before they soared into the glittering sky.

Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione stood watching Black and Buckbeak, just as the Clock Tower chimed.

Gemmalynn looked at Harry and Hermione. "We have to go." she said and the two nodded in response.

The three Gryffindors raced up the tower stairway, passed through the mechanism and through to the end of the corridor as the Clock Tower bell continued to chime. They noticed the door open and saw Dumbledore.

"By the way, when in doubt, I always find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck."

As Dumbledore began to close the door, Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione stumbled frantically forward. The door was about to hit the jamb, when suddenly Dumbledore stopped and looked up.

"Well?"

"He's free. Sirius. We did it." Harry told him.

Dumbledore glanced between him, Gemmalynn and Hermione. "Did what?"

Gemmalynn looked at her grandfather and saw the knowing look on his face before he swung the door open for them. The three entered and caught the faintest glimpse of themselves across the room just as they evaporated.

Ron blinked as he looked at them and frowned. "How'd you three get over there? I was just talking to you over here." he said, confused as he glanced at the other side of the room and his frown deepened.

Gemmalynn and Hermione smiled mischievously at each other before looking at Harry.

"What do you think, Hermione, Harry?" Gemmalynn asked as she looked back at Ron.

Hermione shrugged. "Too much for him, everything that's happened tonight." she answered.

Harry nodded in agreement. "Afraid so. Always been a bit of the nervous type, Ron has."

Ron stared at them, confounded, while Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione looked at each other before bursting out laughing.

⚡⚡⚡

The next morning, the Whomping Willow swayed in a light breeze, while the Black Lake shimmered with clouds drifting in its glassy mirror.

Gemmalynn and Harry walked towards Lupin's classroom, and saw the door was open. They glanced at each other and peered inside to find Lupin standing over a battered suitcase, filling it with the last of his books.

"Hello, Gem, Harry." Lupin greeted the two without looking at Gemmalynn and Harry, who flinched in surprise. "Saw you two coming."

Gemmalyn and Harry noticed the Marauder's Map lying open on the desk. They looked at Lupin, who was now staring at them, and were unable to disguise their shock at his appearance.

"I've looked worse, believe me." Lupin told them.

Harry eyed the open desk drawers and bare bookshelves. "You've been sacked." he said.

Lupin smiled lightly. "Resigned, actually."

Harry frowned. "Resigned! But why!?" he asked in confusion.

Gemmalynn raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Resigned? Or was forced to?" she asked with a knowing look on her face.

"It seems that someone has let slip the nature of my condition."

"Snape."

"Obviously."

"Whoever. It was bound to get out. This time tomorrow, the owls will start arriving. Parents will not want a someone like me teaching their children."

Gemmalynn frowned. "But, grandpa---"

"Has already risked enough on my behalf. Besides, people like me, well, let's just say I'm used to this by now." Lupin assured Gemmalynn and Harry.

Gemmalynn's frown deepened. "But, you've become one of my favorite teachers, Professor Lupin." she said, sadly.

Lupin turned at her and smiled fondly as he gently patted her head. "Just like Emma." he mumbled and stepped back to look at Gemmalynn and Harry. "But, before I go, tell me about your Patronus, Harry."

Gemmalynn looked at Harry and smiled excitedly. "Tell him, Harry!"

Harry nodded. "Well, at first I thought it was a horse, or perhaps a unicorn, but I think it was---"

"A stag. Yes, your father used to transform into a stag." Lupin told him and looked at Gemmalynn. "Your father, your title and the House you're in should be a dead giveaway what your Patronus is."

"The lion represents Gryffindor." Gemmalynn said happily as Lupin smiled fondly at her. "Grandpa once told me that dad's Patronus was a lion, and mum's Patronus was a phoenix."

Lupin nodded. "You're right, Gem. Griffin and James used their Patronus and were able to keep me company when I became sick. They were great friends, Griffin and James." he said and smiled wanly as he lifted his battered suitcase. "Gem, come here for a second."

Gemmalynn walked over to him. "What is it, Professor?"

Lupin leaned closer to Gemmalynn's ear. "Your grandfather hadn't mentioned that Emma's Patronus changed when she fell in love with Griffin?" he whispered and Gemmalynn's eyes widen in surprise. "Her Patronus changed from a phoenix to a lioness."

Gemmalynn gasped in shock. "Grandpa hasn't told me about that." she said and Lupin smiled fondly at her.

Lupin looked at Harry and beckoned him over as Gemmalynn stepped away and watched them curiously. "Remember this, Harry. Patronus forms are subject to change if the caster goes through an emotional upheaval of some sort, including falling in eternal, unchanging love." he whispered.

Harry blinked as he looked at Lupin confused. "What?"

Lupin glanced at Gemmalynn. "A Patronus might change its form after one falls in love and the memories used to conjure the Patronus largely revolve around the person the caster is in love with." he whispered.

Realization dawned on Harry and it brought a blush on his face as he looked at Gemmalynn, who had no idea what they were talking about but smiled warmly at him.

Lupin gently pushed a blushing Harry towards Gemmalynn as he smiled fondly at them. "You know, there are stories about both your parents. Some are even true, but I think it's safe to say, in the end, you both know them best by getting to know yourselves." he said and winked at them as he raised his wand. "Mischief managed."

Gemmalynn and Harry looked down at the Marauder's Map and saw it was blank. They looked back and their eyes widen in shock seeing Lupin was gone.

"He's gone." Harry said and looked at Gemmalynn in surprise.

Gemmalynn turned to Harry and smiled warmly. "Don't worry, we'll see him again."

⚡⚡⚡

"Stand back, I said! I'll take it upstairs if you don't settle!"

At the Great Hall, Ron with Fred and George stood around the Gryffindor table amid a circle of excited Gryffindors as Gemmalynn and Harry entered.

The two glanced at each other, confused, before looking at Hermione, who cleared her throat loudly. As one, Ron, Fred, George and the other Gryffindors turned, and immediately saw Gemmalynn and Harry.

"Gem! Wherever did you get it?"

"It's cool, Gemmalynn!"

Gemmalynn took a step back as everyone flocked around her and Harry.

"Can I have a go, Gem? After you, of course."

"Me, too, Gem!"

"Quiet!" Ron shouted, angrily as Fred and George pushed past their fellow Gryffindors towards Gemmalynn and Harry.

Everyone quieted down, while Gemmalynn and Harry looked, confused and leaned closer to each other.

"Do you know what's going on?" Gemmalynn whispered.

Harry shook his head "No, but Ron and Hermione know something that we don't." he whispered back.

"Thank you! Now, kindly let the lady through." Fred and George said as they led Gemmalynn and Harry through the bustling Gryffindors.

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at each other as Gemmalynn pointed at herself.

"Me?"

Harry nodded as he, Fred and George gently pushed Gemmalynn towards Ron, while everyone stepped away, clearing her view of the broomstick on the table.

"Woah! A Firebolt!"

"Firebolt? Whose broom is it?" Gemmalynn asked in awe.

Everyone stared at her and laughed in amusement, as if Gemmalynn asked the most funniest question they ever heard.

Gemmalynn frowned in confusion as she glanced at everyone. "What?"

"Whose is it? It's yours, Gem." Ron told her.

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at each other, confused.

"But, how? Who?"

Hermione shrugged. "It's a mystery. Though, this fell out of the wrapping." she said, knowingly.

Gemmalynn looked at Hermione, who held up a feather and handed it to her. She and Harry stared at it curiously.

Harry looked at Gemmalynn. "Gem, that's---"

Gemmalynn grinned and nodded happily. "A Hippogriff feather." she said as realization dawned on her who could have given her Firebolt and looked at Hermione, who raised her eyebrow in amusement.

Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione glanced at each other with knowing looks on their faces.

"He must have found out your broom got destroyed by the Whomping Willow." Harry said as Gemmalynn and Hermione grinned happily.

Gemmalynn looked regretful. "Well, I did blame him."

⚡⚡⚡

Students excitedly filed out towards the courtyard with Gemmalynn, Harry, Hermione and Ron leading. Gemmalynn held Firebolt in her arms as she walked towards the middle of the courtyard. Among the growing crowd, Hagrid, Draco, Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle, Cho and Cedric walked towards the courtyard, curious to see what the commotion was all about and saw Gemmalynn.

Realizing it was the Gryffindor Heiress, Cho turned to Cedric with a teasing smile on her face. "It's, Gem!" she said, happily as Cedric smiled affectionately at the redhead heiress.

Pansy rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Oh, look, it's Gem the Gryffindor attention-seeker." she mocked, making Crabbe and Goyle laugh.

Draco glared at Pansy and looked away from her towards Gemmalynn with an amused smirk on his face. "Shut up, Pansy."

Gemmalynn looked up at the bright sky as expectant hush came from the crowd.

"Go on, Gem!"

"Yeah! Let's see, Gem!"

"Come on, Gem!"

Gemmalynn turned and looked only at Harry, among the excited crowd of students. Harry smiled warmly at her and nodded encouragingly.

"You can do it, Gem." Harry mouthed, making Gemmalynn smile in relief.

Gemmalynn mounted her broom and licked her finger and jabbed it in the air. A few others did the same, as did Crabbe and Goyle, making Pansy angrily slap their hands down, while Draco ignored the three as he stared at Gemmalynn with a ghostly happy smile.

'Friends or not, I still like you.'

As the crowd shout encouraging words to her, Gemmalynn gripped her hand on the handle of the broom. She took a deep breath and frowned.

Fred and George glanced at each other before looking at Gemmalynn worriedly. "What's wrong?" they asked in concern.

Gemmalynn nodded gravely. "I don't think it works. I think it's defective." she said and looked at the disappointed crowd.

Defeated groans and sighs were heard in the crowd. Dejected, many of the students began walking back inside. Gemmalynn chuckled in amusement as she looked at Harry and winked at him.

Harry ignored the blush on his cheeks as he grinned. "Oh, come on now. It's just a broom!" he said, loudly.

Hermione nodded in agreement. "Nothing to be excited about." she added.

Gemmalynn glanced at Harry, Ron and Hermione and winked at them. "The fastest broom in the world!" she yelled, happily.

Everyone turned and saw Gemmalynn was already high up in the air. They came running back to the courtyard and cheered loudly.

"Thanks, Sirius!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
2.4M 49.7K 92
𝙎𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮, 𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙥𝙚 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝. "𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙀𝙣𝙯𝙤, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙘�...
45.7K 1K 44
"If you think I'm letting you out of my sight again, you're wrong. I lost you once, I won't loose you again Alora. Put on the damn mask." {18+} Matth...
2.4K 92 29
What if Tom Riddle had a heir that was taken? What if she is the daughter of the vampire queen? What if she was put with the Potter's? What happens w...