Before I Met You (DESTIEL HIG...

By _Bianca-Tachibana_

Ever since Dean Winchester came out as gay to his friend, Meg, and she told everyone, people have constantly... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Authors Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Authors Note
Authors Note
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's Note
Chapter 45
Authors Note

Chapter 27

3K 134 69
By _Bianca-Tachibana_

Dean's POV

My eyes fluttered open. I was about to groan in frustration, but I remembered it was Saturday, and I didn't need to go to school today. Cas did end up going to school throughout the week. It was hard for him at first, I could tell, but slowly he seems to be getting more comfortable with everyone. Well, not necessarily comfortable, but not on edge every moment. He's so concerned about what people will think of him. I understand 100% why he cares what people think, because I do too, I just wish he didn't because I can see how it affects him.

I reached over to my nightstand to grab my phone. Fortunately, I remembered to turn the brightness down before I fell asleep so I wont blind myself when I wake up. The time read 9:32am. I also noticed I had a text message from Cas, sent at 9.

From Cas: Hey, Blondie. I want you to shower, and then prepare for the day. No questions asked. Do it, and message me when you're done. xoxo p.s. look cute ;)

That was strange. Since I planned on showering anyways, I shrugged, got out of bed, and walked to the bathroom. I was in and out in ten minutes. Look cute. Can't promise anything, Cassie. With a towel wrapped around my waist, I walked back to my room. I dried myself off and threw a pair of boxers on. I grabbed a worn out blue jeans, a plain black t-shirt, and a black and white flannel. I went back to the bathroom, and grabbed my hair gel. I put some in my hand, and ran my fingers through my hair, spiking it at the top. I giggled at the feeling of the hair gel. It was so sticky and but so fun.

I looked at myself in the mirror hanging on the back or the bathroom door. I look decent. Not sure if I'd say cute, but decent.

It was about quarter after 10 now. I grabbed my phone and texted a reply.

To Cas: Okay. Why am I doing this?

From Cas: No questions asked! Are you dressed?

To Cas: Yes, I am. Very cutely.

From Cas: Good. I expect nothing less from you. Now, I'm going to send you on a journey. A tough, yet fun-filled expedition. Your first instruction is : go to Sam and tell him our ship name. He will give you your next clue. As I said before, do not ask questions. I'll see you later, Blondie. xoxo

What the hell? This is so weird. Our ship name... I remember this was last weekend, but I don't remember what it was. Dammit. Uhm... Cean? No. I remember that was vetoed because it sounded crappy. Das? Nope. That just sounds dumb. Maybe it used Castiel instead of Cas. Hmm... Destiel!! That's right. It was Destiel.

I ran down to the living room to look for Sam. There he was, with Gabe of course. I walked up, and sighed. "Destiel." I said simply.

He and Gabe looked at each other and burst into laughter simultaneously. After a moment of regaining the ability to breathe, Sam pulled an envelope out of his pocket and handed it to me. "Good luck, Jerk."

"Bitch," I replied. I went into the kitchen to read the note. The envelope was so cute. It sort of resembled Cas' personality. Intricate, yet beautiful. The note was a simple white sheet of paper. It read, 'Congrats. You completed the first of many tasks. Here is the second one. Go to the place we first formally spoke. There, you will find a your next clue.'

Place we first formally spoke? I suppose that would be the gazebo. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Alright, Sammy. I'm going out. I'll be back later." I was out the door before I could hear a reply.

~~~~~

I parked close to the park. I could see the gazebo from here. I got out of the car and walked over to it. God, the sense of déjà vu is real. I found the second envelope. It was the same as before. I tore it open, and read the note. 'Yaay!! You found the second one. Good job. Now, drive to my house and say corn flakes to the person who answers the door. You'll need to search for the clue here. But its in my room. See you later.'

Cas was so complicated. What could possibly be worth so much effort? Still, I got back in my car, and drove to Cas' house. Thankfully, the entire street was empty, so I parked right in front of his house. I walked to the door and knocked. Quickly, the door opened and I saw Michael. He smiled at me, because he knew that I had to say. I sighed, rolled my eyes and muttered, "Corn flakes."

"What was that? Sorry I can't hear you."

"I said corn flakes."

"Dean, you're gonna need to speak-."

"I said corn flakes God dammit!" I shouted. I smirked and rolled my eyes at myself, whereas Michael was buckling over with laughter. I'm not sure why corn flakes are so funny, but whatever, I guess. Michael motioned me in, so I went up to Cas' room.

Clue, clue, clue, where are you? It wasn't anywhere clear to the eye, so I started to move things to look for it. It wasn't on the bed anywhere, it wasn't on the bookshelf, wasn't on either the walls or the ceiling. I walked over to his desk, and found the clue on the chair. I laughed. I should've known. This was where I sat when I came here for the first time.

I opened the envelope and read the clue. 'Good job. Now, go to the place where I found your unconscious body after you got the crap beaten out of you. You'll need to dig, so ask him for the trowel.'

Digging?! This better end up being worth it. I sighed and walked downstairs. Michael was leaning against the wall smirking at me, with his arms crossed. "I need a trowel. I'll bring it back."

He nodded, disappeared into the backyard, and came back with a metal trowel.

I left quickly, and drove back to the park. The difficult part here is going to be remembering where it was exactly where he found me. Surely Cas wont expect me to find it all on my own. God, that will be difficult to say the least.

Fortunately, after searching for 10 minutes, I found a marker. It must symbolize the clue. I got down on my knees, and started digging up the dirt. Quickly, the metal of the small shovel hit a hard surface. It was a box that contained the next clue. 'Now, go to the medical center, and dig around in some bushes. You'll find the clue there.'

I instantly felt sad. This was like a trip down memory lane. Well, I suppose I'd have to. I got in my car and began the 20 minute drive to the Truman Medical Center.

~~~~~

It took me 20 minutes to drive here, and 20 minutes to find the God damn clue. They are getting increasingly harder to find. People were looking at me like I was absolutely insane. I looked down at the envelope, and realized that it looked different from the others. This one looked... sadder. Haunted. The shade of the envelope went from a light blue, to to a dull gray. Did this mean something, or was it simply because he ran out of the other envelopes? Regardless, I tore it open. 'Okay. You're nearing the end. Call this number, and tell him Luci is a girls name. It is my brother, for the record. He'll understand. Drive your car to my house, and then Luci will drive you to the final destination. I'll see you soon, Blondie xoxo'

Finally. An end to this random adventure. I called the number on the page and said, "Luci is a girls name."

The reply came as, "What? Who the hell- Oh shit. Yeah, drive here and then I'll take you to Cas."

The line went dead and I knew Lucifer had hung up. I found it to be quite funny. Obviously, all of this was planned, but he must've forgotten the script.

I sighed as I walked back to my car. I pressed play on the radio, and Europe started blasting through the speakers. I recited the lyrics as I drove. Ugh, I loved doing this. It was great. Driving and listening to music. It would be a lot more calming, however, if I wasn't so anxious about what Cas was planning. He was unpredictable, so anything could happen. Hell, he could be planning to murder me for all I know.

After what seemed like the shortest time space ever, I arrived at Castiel's house again. Lucifer waited outside in his car.

"Just leave the Impala here. Yes, it will be fine. No, no one will touch it."

I laughed, because I was going to ask questions in which he would answer with those. The silence was awkward and I didn't like it, but not long after I thought that, Lucifer spoke. "My brother really likes you, and if you hurt him, you'll be sorry."

Jesus, can you be more straight forward? I understood why, though. That's what I said to Gabe. "I know. I would never hurt him intentionally."

In reply, Lucifer grunted, as if to say, "Yeah, I know."

After 15 more minutes of driving in awkward silence, I was pleased to ser we came to a stop. "Well, here it is. Cas has his car here. He'll drive you back."

I thanked him and got out of the car. He was a very standoffish man. He didn't want to speak to me, I could tell that much. I searched around the building, and there were no possible murder weapons, so I cautiously walked inside.

As soon as I stepped in, I could tell Cas was in here because I could smell his cologne. The hallway came to an end, so I turned left, and continued walked. Finally, I spotted Cas.

He ran up and wrapped his arms around my neck. "Took you long enough."

"Oh shut up," I said, laughing. I took a step back, but he grabbed my hand. "C'mon," He said. "My truck is out back."

"Truck? When did you get a truck?"

"Well, it isn't really mine. I borrowed it." He gave me a mysterious smile. God, how I loved that smile.

We came into view of his truck. While inspecting the premises, I'd seen the front of it, but mot the back. The back of the pickup trick was filled with pillows and blankets. Oh, my God it was so cute. Cas climbed in, dragging me with him. He plopped down on a mountain of blankets and sighed. "This is amazing."

I did the same as him, and man was he right.

"Gosh, it sure is cold," Cas said with an amusing tone.

I rolled my eyes. "If you wanted me to cuddle with you, you could have just asked." I winked at him, and pulled him closer to me. I kissed the top of his head, as he laid in my arms.

I positioned myself sitting upwards, with Cas sitting between my legs. My arms were wrapped around his torso, and our fingers were intertwined. I could live like this forever. Together, we watched the sun set. It sounds so cliché, but wow, this was absolutely adorable. Totally worth the frustration of the clues.

The only things that were audible were the slow breathing of Cas and I, birds in the distance and the wind. That was, until Cas broke the silence between us. "Hey Dean?"

(A/N OMFG WHAT'S HE GONNA SAY?! COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK P.S. Sorry if this chapter sucked. I wrote it while I was extremely sleep deprived but HERE YA GO ANYWAYS😜💗 I had the idea to do like, a "follow-the-clues" thingy, but it didn't come out nearly as well as I planned or hoped for. Anyways, probably another chapter up by the end of the week.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.1K 4K 11
Something about that cocky grin and mischievous smirk made Cas glare in fury. Dean had no sense of respect whatsoever, he tries to flirt himself out...
100K 4K 38
Will use (M/n) for make name instead of (y/n) ((Your name)) for those that are girls so they can use male names, and for my male peeps reading this ^...
119K 5.4K 118
A college Destiel AU fic. Castiel Novak is 20 years old, and on the verge of a mental break down just about every damn day of his life. He went to c...
3.3K 127 19
Cover art by me IG: @dancing.with.the.devil.2023 Teacher!Dean Student!Cas highschool au Dean Winchester always wanted to teach high school english. E...