the heiress || harry potter f...

Oleh GEMOfTheNight

When GEMMALYNN was younger, her grandfather told her everything he knew, but when she got older, he left her... Lebih Banyak

⚡️The Sorcerer's Stone⚡️
i. the heiress and the boy who lived
ii. the gryffindor and the house of gryffindor
iii. the seeker and the school of magic
iv. the protector and the mirror of erised
v. the friend and the sorcerer's stone
vi. the witch and the house cup
⚡️The Chamber of Secrets⚡️
vii. the favorite and the weasley family
viii. the sane and the insane professor
ix. the suspect and the quidditch game
x. the parselmouth and the rising problems
xi. the lioness and the doubts
xii. the best friend and the spiders
xiii. the heir and the chamber of secrets
xiv. the true gryffindor and the truth
⚡The Prisoner of Azkaban⚡
xv. the special one and the dangers
xvi. the brave one and the friendship
xviii. the soft spot and the marauders map
xix. the valentine and the patronus
xx. the godchild and the prisoner of azkaban
xxi. the brilliant one and the time turner
xxii. the time traveler and the firebolt
⚡The Goblet of Fire⚡
xxiii. the quiddtich fan and the tournament
xxiv. the champion and the misunderstanding
xxv. the mediator and the first task
xxvi. the date and the yule ball
xxvii. the treasure and the second task
xxviii. the winner and the dark lord
⚡Order of the Phoenix⚡
xxix. the wanderer and the safe place
xxx. the brokenhearted and the twins
xxxi. the defender and the thestrals
xxxii. the founder and the d.a.
xxxiii. the girl and the mistletoe

xvii. the open heart and the break in

948 35 7
Oleh GEMOfTheNight

⚡⚡⚡

That night at the Great Hall, Gemmalynn watched as Lavender and Parvati huddled over a dozen teacups, avidly interpreting patterns in hushed voices. Her green eyes met Harry's as they turned around towards the Slytherin table and saw Draco, arm bound in a sling, talked among a clot of Slytherins with Pansy sitting closely beside him.

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy asked, worriedly.

Draco shrugged. "It comes and goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. According to Madam Pomfrey, another minute or two and I could've lost the arm."

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes in annoyance as she turned her attention away from Draco. "He's lying." she said as Harry, Ron and Hermione looked at her. "Hagrid asked me to stay and look after him earlier. He is perfectly fine."

Ron frowned. "The little git. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?"

"At least Hagrid didn't get sacked." Harry said and Gemmalynn nodded in agreement.

"Yes. But, I hear Draco's father's furious. I don't think we've heard the end of this." Hermione told them.

Gemmalynn sighed heavily. "It wasn't Hagrid's fault. It was entirely his." she said and gestured her head towards Draco. "He didn't listen when Hagrid explained how to approach Buckbeak. He's careless and---"

"He's been sighted!"

The four turned to Seamus, who with the other Gryffindors huddled over a copy of The Daily Prophet.

Gemmalynn looked at them, confused. "Who?"

Her question was answered when she saw the photograph on the Prophet's front page. Her eyes widen in horror when she saw it was Sirius Black.

"Achintee? That's not far from here." Hermione mumbled as she looked at Gemmalynn and Harry worriedly.

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked, worriedly .

"With the Dementors at every entrance?" Lavender said in disbelief.

"Dementors? He's already slipped by them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he can't do it again?" Pavarati said.

Gemmalynn and Harry exchange a fearful glance. "He is going to Hogwarts, he's coming to find us."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

The next day, in Professor Lupin's classroom, a tall wardrobe rattled violently as Gemmalynn, Harry, Hermione, Ron and several of their classmates, both Gryffindor and Slytherin, regarded it warily.

"Intriguing, yes? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what's inside?" Lupin asked his class.

"That's a Boggart, that is." Seamus answered.

Lupin nodded. "Very good, Mr. Finnigan. Can anyone tell us what a Boggart looks like?" he asked his class again.

Gemmalynn and Hermione glanced at each other before looking at him. "No one knows."

Ron flinched in surprise when he heard the two girls beside Harry and glanced at them before leaning close to Harry. "When did they get here?" he whispered.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters." Gemmalynn said and looked at Hermione.

Hermione nodded. "They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes it so---"

"Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands. Repeat after me. Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!"

Draco crossed his arms and leaned by the wall. "This class is ridiculous." he muttered as he looked away, meeting Gemmalynn's narrowed green eyes, and quickly stood straight.

"Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing." Lupin explained and looked at Neville. "Neville, come up here, will you?"

Neville eyed the rattling wardrobe as he stepped forward queasily.

"What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?" Lupin asked.

"Profter Snafpt."

"Didn't catch that, Neville, sorry."

"Professor Snape."

Everyone laughed wholeheartedly as Lupin nodded thoughtfully.

"Hmmm, yes. Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother?"

"Yes, but I don't want the Boggart to turn into her either."

"It won't. But, I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Can you do that?"

Neville closed his eyes. "She carries a red handbag."

"That's fine. We don't need to hear it. If you see it, we will. Now, when I open this wardrobe, Neville, here's what I want you to do."

Gemmalynn saw Lupin leaned closer to Neville to whisper something to him as Neville's eyes widen in shock.

"You can do this, Neville."

Neville nodded nervously and took a deep breath.

"Right then. Wand at the ready. One. Two. Three!"

Sparks jet from Lupin's wand and it hit the doorknob as the wardrobe burst open. Instantly, the Boggart Snape appeared, eyes flashing hideously as he stalked towards Neville, who backed away in fright.

"Think, Neville. Think!"

"Riddikulus!"

Boggart Snape stumbled in a flash of light and reappeared in a long, lace-trimmed dress, towering moth-eaten hat, and crimson handbag. Instantly, the class roared in laughter, except for Draco and the Slytherins. Neville blinked, amazed, then slowly grinned happily. Lupin dropped the needle on an old gramaphone. As a scratchy rhumba fills the room, he pointed to Ron.

"Ron! Forward!"

Boggart Snape dissolved into a mad whirling mass, then mutated into a giant spider. As Ron gasped in horror, Gemmalynn, Harry and Hermione exchanged worried glances. Lupin placed his hands on Ron's shoulders to steady him as Ron raised his wand.

"Riddikulus!"

Roller skates materialized on the spider's hairy feet and it began to shuffle crazily in place. Instantly, Ron relaxed as the class laughed loudly.

"Pavarti!"

As Parvati stepped up, the spider spun faster and faster, a dizzying blur, then reappeared as a vampire, whipping its cloak across its eyes.

"Riddikulus!"

The cloak reopened and the class laughed, seeing that the vampire was now dressed like Carmen Miranda. As it began to shimmy about against its will the class started to clap.

"Mr. Thomas!"

As Dean stepped up, the vampire's undulating body attenuated, its skin darkening with diamond-thatched
scales becoming a giant cobra.

"Riddikulus!"

The cobra's hooded head bobbed back and forth, transforming into a Jack-In-The-Box. Lupin grinned as he turned to his class.

"Next!"

Lupin saw Gemmalynn step forward and concern flickered through his face. The Jack-In-The-Box pivoted on its spring, its face tumbling toward Gemmalynn, becoming more sinister, transforming into a Dementor. Suddenly the music faded as Gemmalynn raised her wand, but when she looked directly at the Dementor's face, she froze, transfixed. The Dementor loomed closer and closer to her before Lupin stepped in front of her and raised his wand.

"Here!"

The Dementor vanished and a roiling mist appeared, which became clouds. Something glowed within the clouds, white, silvery and round. Gemmalynn noticed it was a full moon and stared at it with confusion.

"Riddikulus!"

The moon deflated like a punctured balloon, whizzing crazily about the room before darting back into the wardrobe. The door slammed shut and the class cheered as a worried Harry rushed beside Gemmalynn.

"Gem?"

Gemmalynn took a deep breath and smiled at Harry. "Sorry. I'm alright." she assured him and looked at Lupin, who looked at her with concern. "I'm fine, Professor Lupin."

Lupin nodded at her and turned to his class. "Well done, everyone. I think that's enough excitement for today."

The students walked away, chattering loudly. Hermione and Ron exchanged worried glances before looking at Gemmalynn and Harry, who smiled at them. Gemmalynn sighed heavily as she watched her friends and classmates leave, and met Draco's concerned light gray eyes. They stared at each other for a moment before looking away when Pansy called out to Draco, while Harry to her.

When everyone left, Gemmalynn and Harry, remained behind the classroom and looked at Lupin, who looked back at them with a meaningful look.

⚡⚡⚡

Weeks later, at the Clock Tower courtyard, a great buzzing queue of students, third years and older years each clutching a permission form passed by a glowering Filch.

Gemmalynn turned to Harry and frowned. "You know, Harry, you can't go without the permission form you gave to your Uncle Vernon." she said.

Harry shrugged. "Well it's worth a try." he told her.

"Remember! These visits to Hogsmeade Village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again."

Gemmalynn followed Harry as they approached McGonagall, but before Harry could utter a word, the professor looked at him.

"No permission form. No visiting the Village. That's the rule, Potter."

"Yes, professor, but I thought if you said I could go---"

"But, I don't say so. A parent or guardian must sign, and since I am neither, it would be inappropriate. I'm sorry, Potter. But that's my final word." McGonagall told Harry and turned to Gemmalynn. "Let's go, Miss Gryffindor."

Gemmalynn smiled politely and shook her head. "I'll stay with Harry, Professor McGonagall. It's not like it's my first time visiting Hogsmeade. One less visit couldn't hurt." she said as Harry looked at her, surprised.

McGonagall sighed. "Very well. As you wish, Gemmalynn."

Nearby, Ron and Hermione watched Gemmalynn and Harry expectantly. Harry shook his head as Hermione and Ron's faces fell before looking expectantly at Gemmalynn, who smiled apologetically at them. Their faces fell again and sighed in defeat. Gemmalyn and Harry waved their hand in farewell as they watched their friends go.

"So. No, Hogsmeade, eh?"

Gemmalynn and Harry turned to find Lupin smiling sadly at them.

"Professor Lupin."

⚡⚡⚡

Lupin invited Gemmalynn and Harry for a walk along the wooden bridge.

"Well, don't feel too bad, Harry. I was roundly disappointed the first time I went."

Harry looked hopeful. "Really?"

Lupin smiled teasingly. "No. I was just trying to make you feel better." he said and chuckled in amusement.

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes playfully at him. "Professor Lupin!"

Lupin chuckled in amusement. "Honeydukes' sweets are the best in the world. Their Pepper Imps are so strong you smoke at the ears. And, Zonko's Joke Shop may be dangerous, but you can't beat their Stink Pellets." he said and smiled in nostalgia.

Gemmalynn nodded in agreement. "And, the Butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks Inn!"

Harry nodded along, glumly. "Not to mention The Shrieking Shack, which, according to Hermione, is the most severely haunted building in Britain." he added.

"Yes, that too." Lupin said and there was something in his voice that made Gemmalynn turn to him suspiciously.

Harry looked at Gemmalynn and gestured towards Lupin. "Come on, Gem!"

Gemmalynn playfully glared at him. "Alright! Alright!" she muttered as Lupin looked at the two fondly. "Professor, can I ask you something?"

"You'd like to know why I stopped you from facing the Boggart?"

Gemmalynn and Harry exchange surprised looks before looking back at Lupin.

"How?"

"I should think it'd be obvious. I assumed the Boggart would take the shape of Lord Voldemort." Lupin told Gemmalynn, who frowned, and studied her curiously. "But clearly, I was wrong."

"Actually, I did think of Voldemort first, but then, I remembered that night on the train and the Dementors." Gemmalynn explained.

Lupin nodded. "Well, well. I'm impressed. That suggests that what you fear most of all is fear. Very wise."

"Before we fainted, we heard something. Two women, screaming." Harry said and Gemmalynn nodded.

"Dementors force us to relive the worst memories of our lives. Our pain becomes their power." Lupin explained.

Gemmalynn sighed. "Harry and I talked about this for days and we think it was our mothers. The night they were murdered. I was two years old when it happened, and it was a blurry and hazy memory." she said and glanced at Harry before they looked at Lupin, who was studying them.

"The first time I saw you both, Gemmalynn, Harry. I recognized you two immediately."

"Recognized us?"

"You mean by Harry's---"

Lupin shook his head. "Not by Harry's scar, or your red hair, Gemmalynn. You both have your mother's eyes. Emma's and Lily's green eyes."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in shock. "You knew our mothers?" she asked, eagerly.

Lupin smiled and nodded. "Yes. I knew them. They were there for me at a time when no one else was. Both of them. We three used to talk for hours. Lily was not only a singularly gifted witch, and Emma wasn't only a very talented and brilliant witch, but they were uncommonly kind women. Unlike others." he explained.

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at each other and smiled happily as Lupin stared fondly at them.

"The two were like twins. They were best of friends. They had a way of seeing the beauty in whoever they met, even and perhaps most especially when that person couldn't see it in themselves."

Lupin looked away from Gemmalynn and Harry and looked up, his eyes glaze in memory, and blinked the tears forming under his eyes.

"Which perhaps explains Emma's affection for Griffin, and Lily's affection for James. Griffin and James have, shall we say, a certain talent for trouble. A gift, rumor has it, they passed on to you two."

Lupin turned around and looked down at Gemmalynn and Harry affectionately.

"I could tell you both stories and there are many about both of your parents Gemmalynn, Harry, but know this. They lived. Every moment of every day. You two should know that. That's how they'd want to be remembered."

Gemmalynn and Harry took a deep breath as they tried not to tear up. Lupin looked at Gemmalynn and smiled warmly at her.

"Oh, and Gemmalynn, I know what day is today, but I understand if you're not ready."

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn and Harry walked inside the Great Hall and saw only a few first years and second years were inside. Gemmalynn greeted the young Gryffindors before sitting at the Gryffindor table with Harry beside her.

"I know why you haven't celebrated your birthday since last year."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in shock as she turned to Harry and opened her mouth to speak, but Harry shook his head, stopping her.

"Just listen, Gem."

Gemmalynn shut her mouth and quietly nodded as she looked down sadly.

Harry placed a gentle hand over hers on the table, showing their Gryffindor bracelets, and smiled softly. "I understand why you didn't want to celebrate it, and I understand if you're not planning on changing it in the future." he said and Gemmalynn looked at him in surprise. "I just wanted to tell you that if ever you're going through something, always remember that I'm here for you, just as you're here for me. I want to be there for you through your good and bad days."

Gemmalynn's green eyes were glossy with unshed tears, refraining herself from crying.

"Gem, I want to listen to your problems and worries, and help you lessen them. If I could solve it, I will. You don't have to be afraid of opening up. Trust me. I won't greet you on your day, unless you're ready, ready to tell me that you are."

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn and Harry spent the whole day at the Great Hall, talking about the redhead's experience when she went to Hogsmeade. The two were closer as ever after Harry comforted Gemmalynn about the day of her birth. Gemmalynn felt a burden has been lifted off her shoulders and was glad she has Harry.

The hall was filled with students when the third years and older years returned from their trip at Hogsmeade. The ball buzzed with tales of Hogsmeade, as students swapped stories, sample sweets and send soap bubbles of all shapes, sizes and colors into the air.

A marionette of a Harlequin cavorted atop the Gryffindor table, moving its limbs in response to the strands of light that extend from Neville's fingertips, and Seamus passed his hand through the light beams and the Harlequin collapsed.

Gemmalynn smiled as she and Harry listened to Ron and Hermione's stories of their first trip at Hogsmeade.

"And the post office! It's about 150--"

"200, Hermione." Gemmalynn corrected and chuckled.

Hermione grinned and nodded. "Right. 200 owls, all sitting on color-coded shelves, depending on how fast you want your letter to go!" she exclaimed, excitedly.

Ron nodded in agreement. "And Honeyduke's is brilliant! Sugar Quills, Flaming Whizbees and blood-flavored lollipops for Halloween!" he said happily and brought out a paper bag before handing it to Gemmalynn. "We got something for you, for your---"

Ron hesitated as he and Hermione glanced at Harry, who looked at them and raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"I know what day is today." Harry told them and smiled at Gemmalynn.

Ron and Hermione's eyes widen in shock as they turned to Gemmalynn, who chuckled at their reactions.

"He figured it out on his own."

Ron and Hermione sighed in relief. Ron handed Gemmalynn the paper bag he and Hermione brought from Honeydukes'.

Gemmalynn smiled gratefully at them and opened the paper as her eyes widen in delight. "Pumpkin pasty!" she exclaimed, excitedly.

Gemmalynn did a little happy dance as she took the sweet and bit into it. Harry, Ron and Hermione looked at her affectionately with completely different reasons.

Harry looked at the table, picking quietly through the spray of brilliantly colored sweets. Gemmalynn noticed a quiet Harry and looked sadly at him, knowing well that he really wanted to go to Hogsmeade. She turned to Hermione, who caught her eye, and gestured her head towards a quiet Harry.

Understanding the situation, Hermione faked a cough. "Oh, but, I mean, after awhile, it got a bit boring. Don't you think, Ron?" she asked and nudged Ron by his side.

Ron looked up and saw Gemmalynn glared meaningfully at him. "Oh. Yeah. Dead depressing." he said.

Gemmalynn smiled gratefully at them before looking at Harry and placed a comforting hand on Harry's shoulder. "It's not the end of the world if you hadn't gone to Hogsmeade. There's always next time, and I'll come with you." she assured, bringing a smile on Harry's face.

Hermione smiled knowingly at the two, while Ron grabbed something from his pockets.

"Hang on. I almost forgot. I got you two something wicked at Dervish and Banges."

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at Ron, who placed two small glass spinning top on the table.

"Pocket Sneakoscope." Gemmalynn said and smiled gratefully at Ron. "I know this. If there's someone untrustworthy around, it's meant to light up and spin."

Ron nodded. "Yeah, and mind you, Fred and George say it's rubbish, sold for wizard tourists, but I thought, you know, it can't hurt, given that---"

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other. "Sirius Black's trying to kill us."

Gemmalynn smiled at Ron and Hermione. "We're glad you two had a good time." she said, happily.

Harry nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Really. And, thanks for these." he said gratefully as he and Gemmalynn grabbed their pocket sneakoscopes from the table.

"Thanks, Ron. And, rubbish or not, you're right, it can't hurt to use it." Gemmalynn said and turned to Harry. "Right, Harry?"

Harry smiled and nodded before popping a pepper imp into his mouth. Gemmalyn's eyes widen in horror, seeing what he just did.

"Harry, they'll make---"

On cue, smoke curled from Harry's ears and nose. Gemmalynn, Ron and Hermione looked at each other and laughed in amusement.

"Never mind, then." Gemmalynn said and shrugged as she happily took a bite of her pumpkin pasty.

Harry, who was slowly recovering from the epper imp, looked at Gemmalynn and smiled affectionately at her. Seeing this, Hermione looked knowingly at him.

"Hey, Gem, you stayed behind because of Harry, right?" Hermione asked her best friend, who was about to bite into her pumpkin pasty again.

Gemmalynn looked at Hermione and nodded. "Yeah. I've been to Hogsmeade a couple of times before with grandpa. It's fine that I didn't get to go this time." she explained.

Ron nodded along. "Right, even without a permission slip, you got a privilege pass from Dumbledore as his granddaughter." he teased and stuck her tongue out at Gemmalynn. "How lucky!"

Gemmalynn stuck her tongue out as well before laughing with Ron, while Harry chuckled at their childish banter. Hermione gently kicked Harry under the table, getting his attention.

Harry winched in pain and looked up to find Hermione looking at her with a knowing look on her face. He frowned at her and confusion as Hermione gestured her head towards Gemmalynn. Harry looked even more confused at what she did.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "So, Harry, aren't you happy, you get to spend time with Gemmalynn? Alone? Together?" she asked, her tone teasing and emphasizing each word.

Gemmalynn and Ron glanced at each other, blinking in confusion, while Hermione gave Harry a meaningful look again as Harry's eyes widen, only just realizing what Hermione was talking about.

"Yeah, we talked. A lot of topics." Harry stuttered as Hermione smiled triumphantly, while Gemmalynn and Ron glanced at each other and shrugged. "It was great."

⚡⚡⚡

That night, Gemmalynn, Harry, Hermione and Ron were walking in a corridor towards the Gryffindor Tower, when Hermione suddenly grabbed Harry's arm and dragged him away with her. Gemmalynn and Ron stopped walking and watched their retreating figures. Confused at what just happened, they looked at each other.

"Why was Hermione running off with Harry?" Ron asked, curiously.

Gemmalynn shrugged. "You mean Hermione dragging Harry with her? I don't know."

Meanwhile, Hermione stopped running, knowing she and Harry were far away from Gemmalynn and Ron's hearing range.

"Okay. You've got just a few minutes to talk before both Gem and Ron comes. Now spill." Hermione said, sternly.

Harry frowned in confusion. "Spill what?"

Hermione rolled her eyes sarcastically. "Boys will be boys." she muttered and frowned at him. "What's going on with you around Gem? And, no excuses, I happen to notice certain things."

Harry's eyes widen as he blushed, feeling his heart raced. "Hermione---"

"Come on, Harry. Let's admit, since you, Ron and I first met Gem, she has changed, not her personality, but her looks. She's gotten prettier." Hermione said and Harry nodded in agreement. "And, we're not the only ones to notice. Remember first day? Cedric Diggory? He was making a move on her in front of everyone!"

Harry looked away and frowned, while Hermione smiled softly.

"I'm your friend, Harry. You can tell me. You know, I'll be happy for you."

Harry sighed heavily and nodded. "You're right, whatever you're thinking about right now involving me." he admitted and Hermione's eyes widen in shock. "I like Gemmalynn."

"I knew it!" Hermione exclaimed, happily.

Just then, Gemmalynn and Ron appeared around the corner, walking towards them.

"Knew what?" Gemmalynn asked as she glanced between Harry and Hermione.

Harry and Hermione gasped in shock and turned to find Gemmalynn and Ron looking at them, confused.

"Gem!"

"Ron!"

"Are you two okay?" Ron asked in concern.

Hermione nodded and rushed towards Gemmalynn. "Yeah, perfect! Let's head back to our common room." she said and hooked her arm in Gemmalyn's before walking off, followed by a smiling Harry and a confused Ron.

Gemmalynn looked at Hermione suspiciously. "You're acting weird." she said.

Hermione chuckled and shook her head. "No, I'm not. I'm just happy, that's all." she assured and looked ahead.

Gemmalynn shrugged as she, Harry, Ron, and Hermione climbed the stairs and found a crowd gathering on the seventh floor landing.

"Hey, what's happening here?" Gemmalynn asked, confused.

"What's the hold-up? Only Neville ever forgets the password." Ron said.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen as she elbowed him. "Ron!"

Percy pushed past the other Gryffindors. "Let me through, please. Excuse me, thank you. I'm Head Boy." he said and stopped dead in his tracks. "Back! All of you! No one is to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched!"

Gemmalynn, Harry, Ron, and Hermione exchanged confused glances as Ginny emerged from the crowd, her face ashen and stood in front of Gemmalynn.

"Ginny, what's going on?" Gemmalynn asked, worriedly.

"Gem, the Fat Lady. She's gone." Ginny told her.

Gemmalynn gasped in shock. "What? The Fat Lady's gone? But, that's impossible. She's never gone." she said.

Ron nodded in agreement. "Probably stuffing her face with the apples in that still life on the second floor again."

Ginny looked at her older brother in frustration. "No. You don't understand---"

Gemmalynn turned to look at the portrait gasped in horror when she saw the Fat Lady's portrait has been slashed viciously, great strips of canvas hanging from the frame. She grabbed Hermione and Harry's arm to get their attention. They looked ahead and their eyes widen at what they saw.

"Oh no! How did this happen? Who would do this?" Gemmalynn asked, worriedly as she stepped back and clamped a hand over her mouth.

Just then, Dumbledore appeared with Filch.

"Mr. Filch. Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady."

Just then, they all heard a scream. The students dashed to the landing, where all the paintings whispered fearfully. Filch's rheumy eyes peered up, searching the upper shadows before narrowing at a certain portrait.

"There'll be no need for ghosts, Professor."

Filch extended a crooked finger high up, near the ceiling. The Fat Lady cowered in a portrait not her own, trembling in fear.

Gemmalyn looked at her worriedly. "Poor, Fat Lady." she mumbled.

"Dear lady. Who did this to you?"

The Fat Lady looked like she was in a trance. "Eyes like the devil he's got. And a soul as dark as his name. It was him, Headmaster. The one they talk about. He's here. Somewhere in the castle. Sirius Black." she said as the students gasped in shock.

Gemmalynn gasped in horror as she and Harry looked at each other, fear evident in their eyes.

"Secure the castle, Mr. Filch." Dumbledore said and noticed Gemmalynn and Harry nearby. "The rest of you to the Great Hall."

⚡⚡⚡

That night, through the silent Great Hall, over an ocean of sleeping bags. Gemmalynn and Harry were lying awake, staring at the net of stars glimmering beyond the highest window.

Gemmalynn glanced at Harry. "Are you awake, Harry?" she asked, worriedly.

Harry nodded, still looking at the stars. "Yeah. I am."

Gemmalynn looked back at the stars. "We're safe, right? For now, that is." she said.

Harry turned to her. "Of course, we're safe. Why would you say that?" he asked in concern.

Gemmalynn sighed softly. "I can't help it. I'm just not sure if we really are safe at Hogwarts. I mean, Black's already here, more importantly inside Hogwarts, Harry." she said, worriedly.

Harry smiled comfortingly. "We're safe. I'm sure Dumbledore even the professors won't let anything happen to any of us here, or even to the other students." he assured her.

Gemmalynn nodded as she looked up. "I can't sleep, knowing someone who's trying to kill both of us is now inside the school." she said and traced a star glimmering brightly than the others.

Harry frowned and looked back at the stars. "You too, huh?"

Gemmalynn nodded. "Can't we attend Hogwarts without Voldemort interfering? Is this really becoming yearly?" she asked in disbelief.

Harry smiled sadly. "It won't hurt with just one school year. I wish we could." he said, hopefully.

"Ever since first year, He has been after us. First, the Sorcerer's Stone. Second, the Chamber of Secrets, and now this, the Prisoner of Azkaban, His loyal follower is on a mission to kill us for revenge. Every year is unique, I'll give Him that." Gemmalynn complained and sighed softly as she glared at nothing. "He better not ruin valentine's day, like Lockhart already did once."

Just then, Gemmalynn and Harry heard a gentle creak and turned their head to find Snape pasts through the great doors, converge with Dumbledore.

"I've done the dungeons, Headmaster. No sign of Black. Nor anywhere else in the castle."

"I didn't really expect him to linger."

"Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter Hogwarts castle on one's own, completely undetected. You may recall, prior to the start of term, I did express my concerns when you appointed Professor---"

"I do not believe a single professor inside this castle would have helped Sirius Black enter it, Severus. No, I feel quite confident the castle is safe. And I'm more than willing to let the students return to their Houses tomorrow. For now, let them sleep."

As Dumbledore's gaze met Gemmalynn's and Harry's, they quickly shut their eyes, feigning asleep.

"It's astonishing what the body can endure when the mind allows itself to rest."

⚡⚡⚡

The next day, at the Gryffindor Tower, the Fat Lady has been replaced by a painting of a tiny, somewhat mental, knight, Sir Cadogan. Stalking a bare stretch of grass as his pony grazes nearby, he brandished his sword wildly as a group of Gryffindors regard him warily, including Gemmalynn, who stood between Neville and Dean.

Gemmalynn leaned closer to Neville. "He's completely crazy." she whispered.

Neville nodded in agreement. "He certainly is."

"What villains are these that trespass upon my private lands. Who dares challenge Sir Cadogan. Back, you scurvy braggarts! You rogues!"

"He's barking mad!" Seamus complained as Gemmalynn nodded in agreement.

"What d'you expect? After what happened to the Fat Lady, none of the other pictures would take the job." Dean said.

Neville frowned. "But, he keeps changing the password. Twice, just this morning! I've taken to keeping a list." he said and held up a wrinkled piece of parchment.

Gemmalynn looked at it, warily. "You shouldn't do that, Neville. That's dangerous, if you would lose it." she warned as Harry, Ron and Hermione walked out of the common room.

"Come on, Gem." Hermione said as she hooked her arm in Gemmalynn's and walked away with Harry and Ron.

"Farewell, comrades! If ever you have need of noble heart and steely sinew, call upon Sir Cadogan!"

Gemmalynn shook her head slightly. "Absolutely not." she muttered.

"Yeah, we'll call you, if we ever
need someone mental." Ron said as he turned to Gemmalynn and they burst out laughing.

⚡⚡⚡

In Professor Lupin's classroom, Snape pulled down a screen over the blackboard and turned to the students.

"Turn to page 394."

As the students eyed Snape with guarded curiosity, Draco was drawing something on a bit of parchment. When he was done, he balled it up in his hands. As he opened his hands, a moth fluttered from his palms.

"Excuse me, sir, but where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked, confused.

Snape looked at him and frowned. "That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say, your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time." he said and narrowed his eyes. "Page 394."

Snape waved the moth away and blew out a candle as a slide show began. An ancient woodcut of a horrific beast flickered at the front of the room as Gemmalynn looked at in surprise, while Ron frowned down at his textbook.

"Werewolves?" Ron asked in confusion.

Gemmalynn and Hermione glanced at each other in confusion before looking back at Snape.

"Werewolves? But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks"

Hermione nodded in agreement. "That's right, sir. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks---"

"Quiet!"

Gemmalynn and Hermione flinched surprise as Ron stared at the two girls in confusion.

"When did they come in? Did you see them come in?" Ron whispered to Harry, who shrugged.

"Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asked his class, who stared mutely at a slide of an attacking werewolf.

The moth fluttered by Gemmalynn and stared at it confusion. She turned around and saw both Draco and Pansy stifling a laugh, but Draco noticed her looking, so he stopped. Gemmalynn frowned at him as he looked away, while Hermione was waiting desperately for someone to respond to Snape's question.

The moth fluttered by Harry and pinned it to his desk. A tiny cloud of moth dust mushrooms into the air and Harry lifted his palm as Draco's parchment reappeared.

"No one?" Snape asked once again.

Gemmalynn knew the answer, but her focus was on Draco's parchment with Harry.

"How disappointing." Snape muttered.

"Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter. Furthermore, the werewolf actively hunts humans and responds only to the call of its own kind---"

Draco lets out a low howl and laughed.

Snape glared at him. "Quiet, Malfoy!" he scolded and turned his glare towards Hermione. "Though one must admit to feeling your pain. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

Ron leaned towards Harry. "He's got a point, you know." he whispered.

Hearing him, Gemmalynn glared angrily at him before turning to Snape. "Just wait a minute, professor---"

Snape sharply turned to her. "What is it Miss Gryffindor? Defending Miss Granger, again, perhaps? You should know that being the Gryffindor Heiress your place is sitting on your chair when a teacher is speaking or is it, you also take pride in being very brave and courageous to stand up to others?" he mocked.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen and kept her mouth shut as Hermione grabbed her and pulled her back to her seat.

"15 points from Gryffindor!"

Gemmalynn and Hermione's eyes widen as they looked at each other in shock.

"As an antidote to both of your ignorance, I prescribe two rolls of parchment on the werewolf by Monday morning, with particular emphasis placed on recognizing it." Snape said, making Gemmalynn and Hermione frown.

Harry stared at the parchment with a drawing of a crude caricature of Harry in his Quidditch robes being struck by lightning over and over.

Snape noticed him and the parchment before glaring at him. "Passing notes, Potter?" he asked mockingly as he snatched the drawing and eyed it. "Not exactly Picasso, are you? I hope you demonstrate more talent on the Quidditch pitch this weekend then you do as an artist."

Gemmalynn stood up from her seat. "Professor, that's too much!" she protested.

Snape turned to her and narrowed his eyes. "You too, Miss Gryffindor. I hope, you too, will demonstrate more talent on the Quidditch pitch this weekend than casually answering back to your teacher, twice." he said as Gemmalynn clenched her fists in anger.

Hermione glared at Gemmalynn and grabbed her robe before pulling her back down to her seat. "That's enough, Gemmalynn! Sit back down." she scolded.

Snape eyed both Gemmalynn and Harry. "If not, I fear you two will perish, given the weather forecast. Until that time, however, you two forgive me if I don't let the both of you off homework." he said and smirked cruelly. "Should you two die, I assure you, you need not hand it in."

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes in annoyance and waited until class was over to rush towards Harry and grabbed the parchment he got from Draco. Her eyes widen in worry seeing a crude caricature of Harry in his quidditch robes being struck by lightning over and over. She scowled as she turned to Draco, who was already out the door with his friends.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

38.7K 1.5K 49
╔ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╗ ║ Book Two ║ ║ of ║ ║ Four ║ ╚ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Entering darker times with a mass murderer o...
44.3K 952 23
"SLYTHERIN!" Y/n Lily Potter and her older brother ("By five minutes!" -Y/n) have never even heard of Hogwarts until on their eleventh birthday when...
9.9K 369 35
(I'm not great at writting so please don't judge me) On her 11th birthday, tomboy Harriet Potter learns that she's a powerful witch with a place wait...
45.5K 1K 44
"If you think I'm letting you out of my sight again, you're wrong. I lost you once, I won't loose you again Alora. Put on the damn mask." {18+} Matth...