the heiress || harry potter f...

By GEMOfTheNight

When GEMMALYNN was younger, her grandfather told her everything he knew, but when she got older, he left her... More

⚡️The Sorcerer's Stone⚡️
i. the heiress and the boy who lived
ii. the gryffindor and the house of gryffindor
iii. the seeker and the school of magic
iv. the protector and the mirror of erised
v. the friend and the sorcerer's stone
vi. the witch and the house cup
⚡️The Chamber of Secrets⚡️
vii. the favorite and the weasley family
viii. the sane and the insane professor
ix. the suspect and the quidditch game
x. the parselmouth and the rising problems
xi. the lioness and the doubts
xii. the best friend and the spiders
xiii. the heir and the chamber of secrets
xiv. the true gryffindor and the truth
⚡The Prisoner of Azkaban⚡
xvi. the brave one and the friendship
xvii. the open heart and the break in
xviii. the soft spot and the marauders map
xix. the valentine and the patronus
xx. the godchild and the prisoner of azkaban
xxi. the brilliant one and the time turner
xxii. the time traveler and the firebolt
⚡The Goblet of Fire⚡
xxiii. the quiddtich fan and the tournament
xxiv. the champion and the misunderstanding
xxv. the mediator and the first task
xxvi. the date and the yule ball
xxvii. the treasure and the second task
xxviii. the winner and the dark lord
⚡Order of the Phoenix⚡
xxix. the wanderer and the safe place
xxx. the brokenhearted and the twins
xxxi. the defender and the thestrals
xxxii. the founder and the d.a.
xxxiii. the girl and the mistletoe

xv. the special one and the dangers

1K 36 4
By GEMOfTheNight

When catching feelings,

The heart yearns.

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn found out the Weasleys won the Daily Prophet Grand Prize Galleon Draw to Egypt, and the Grangers went to France for the summer, and decided to spend her summer with Harry, who was weirdly happy about it.

When the Dursleys found out that she was staying with them for the entire summer, they were fterrified that she would curse them with her magic. Because of her, Harry was never, even once, mistreated by them.

Harry was 'over the moon' happy that Gemmalynn was with him for the summer, even though he couldn't contact Ron and Hermione, because they were currently on vacation with their families. When he admitted to himself that started to have feelings for Gemmalynn, he was more conscious of their closeness when standing together, and became shy when she would smile or laugh at him. In his eyes, she has gotten prettier.

In the middle of the night, as the Privet Drive slumbered, Gemmalynn and Harry were on the latter's bed, under a blanket with their wands in their hand.

"Lumos!"

Harry's wand lit up, illuminating the dark bedroom.

"Again, and make it brighter."

"Lumos Maxima!"

Harry's wand lit up brighter than before. Gemmalynn smiled as she looked down at Violeta Stitch's Extreme Incantations in front of her and tapped her wand over the book.

"This isn't so hard isn't it?"

Harry chuckled lightly and nodded as he looked up at Gemmalynn, who looked at him and smiled happily. He felt millions of butterflies in his stomach as a blush made its way on his cheeks. He faked a cough and looked away before hearing a toilet flushed.

Gemmalynn and Harry's eyes widen as they stiffened.

"Nox!"

Harry's wand dimmed wnd pulled Gemmalynn flat on the bed as the bedroom door opened, revealing Vernon, who peered inside suspiciously. He turned away and closed the door as Gemmalynn and Harry chuckled quietly. They rolled over and faced each other with their wands.

"Lumos Maxima!" Harry said as his wand lit up brightly.

Gemmalynn smiled. "Lumos Maxima!" she said and her wand lit up brightly as well.

The two heard the light of the hallway snapped on, and quickly laid flat on the bed once as the door opened once again, revealing Vernon. He switched on the light and saw the two were sleeping. Slowly, he closed the door and finally walked away.

In the bed, both Gemmalynn and Harry chuckled quietly underneath the covers.

"Come on, let's go to sleep. Another horrible Dursley is coming tomorrow."

Harry sighed heavily. "You're right, but I'm just glad you're here with me." he said, happily.

Gemmalynn nodded. "Of course. I'm here to stay by your side, Harry. Remember that." she said as she leaned towards Harry and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Now, sleep."

As Gemmalynn rolled over and closed her eyes to sleep, she didn't saw the way Harry's eyes widen in shock. He felt his heart raced, and could still feel her soft, warm lips on his blushing cheeks. He wondered if he could sleep tonight after what happened.

⚡⚡⚡

The next morning, the doorbell chimed and Petunia's shrill voice echoed throughout the house.

"Harry! Harry!"

Harry along with Gemmalynn quickly climbed down the stairs and into the front hall, where Harry's aunt, Petunia and his cousin, Dudley stood stiffly. Petunia flicked a bit of fluff from Dudley's sweater before glowering crossly at Harry and jerked her head toward the door, but not before looking at Gemmalynn in fear, who was narrowing her eyes at her.

"Well, go on. Open it." Petunia told Harry.

Harry reached for the knob when suddenly it burst open, revealing a large, waddling woman, Marge Dursley and a large waddling bulldog, Ripper. Vernon lurched forward out of the teeming rain, an enormous suitcase in hand, and dropped it on Harry. Gemmalyn rolled her eyes in annoyance as she helped Harry with the enormous suitcase.

"Marge! Welcome! How was the train?"

"Wretched. Ripper got sick."

"Ah. How, unfortunate."

"I would've left him with the others, but he pines so when I'm away. Don't you, darling?"

Marge puckered her lips at Ripper and led him down the hallway. Gemmalynn didn't say anything and remained silent, but raised an eyebrow in amusement as she and Harry followed Vernon.

Harry took a parchment in his hand. "Uncle Vernon, I need you to sign this form." he said and handed it to his uncle.

Vernon raised an eyebrow at the parchment. "What is it?" he asked in confusion.

"Nothing. Something for school." Harry told him.

Vernon eyed the parchment in Harry's hand suspiciously. Gemmalynn narrowed her eyes at him before clicking her tongue, making him flinch in fear.

Uncertain, Vernon coughed a bit. "Later perhaps. If you behave."

"I will, if she does." Harry said as he and Gemmalynn looked at Marge, who was eyeing them both.

"So. Still here, are you?" Marge asked Harry.

Harry nodded. "Yes"

"Don't say yes in that ungrateful tone. Damn good of my brother to keep you, if you ask me. It'd have been straight to an orphanage if he'd been dumped on my doorstep." Marge complained as the Dursleys glanced, frightened at the fiery redhead witch.

"No one asked you for your opinion." Gemmalynn muttered in annoyance.

Marge glared at her. "And, who are you?"

Vernon and Petunia stiffened when they saw Gemmalynn glared back at Marge, knowing well her wand was inside her pocket.

"I'm Gemmalynn."

Marge raised an eyebrow and glanced at Vernon. "I didn't know you let other people stay in this house." she said, curiously.

Vernon glanced at Gemmalynn, terrified. "She came to visit him. She's a close family friend." he explained, trying not to stutter.

Marge glanced at Gemmalynn up and down, observing her closely before looking at Harry. "So, got yourself a girlfriend?" she mocked.

Harry's eyes widen and blushed madly, while Gemmalynn quirked an eyebrow in amusement.

"I might say, she's got the looks, but you two aren't good for each other." Marge said, smugly and looked away.

Harry frowned deeply, while Gemmalynn crossed her arms and rolled her eyes in annoyance. Just then, Dudley, who was sitting comatose in front of the television, emitted a hollow, brain-dead chuckle, making Marge turn to him.

"Is that my Dudders! Hm? Is that my neffy poo? Come, and say hello to your Auntie Marge." Marge said and flashed a thick fan of pound notes.

Dudley blinked and obediently waddled towards her, with his plump palm open. Gemmalynn and Harry exchange frowns before noticing Ripper snuffling about Harry's ankle.

Gemmalynn sighed softly and shook her head in disbelief. "This is going to be a long day."

⚡⚡⚡

It was already dusk when Gemmalynn helped Harry clear the dishes, while Vernon brought out a bottle of brandy.

"Can I tempt you, Marge?"

"Just a small one."

Gemmalynn glanced at the two as Vernon poured a small amount of brandy to Marge's glass.

"A bit more. A bit more. That's the boy!"

Marge took a sloppy sip as Gemmalynn grimaced in disgust.

"Aah. Excellent nosh, Petunia. It's normally just a fry-up for me, what with twelve dogs."

Marge smacked her lips and lowered her brandy, letting Ripper take a slobbery lap out of the glass then caught Gemmalynn and Harry looking.

"What are you two smirking at?!" Marge asked, loudly and turned to look at Vernon. "Where is it that you send him, Vernon?"

"St. Brutus. It's a first-rate institution for hopeless cases." Vernon answered quickly.

Hearing this, Harry frowned at Vernon, who glared darkly at him, but it faded quickly when Gemmalynn glared darkly back at him.

"I see. And, do they use the cane at St. Brutus, boy?"

Gemmalynn turned around to roll her eyes in annoyance as Harry patted her hand to comfort her under the sink.

"Oh, yes. I've been beaten loads of times." Harry replied, sarcastically.

"Excellent. I won't have this namby-pamby wishy-washy nonsense about not hitting people who deserve it. Still, mustn't blame yourself for how this one's turned out, Vernon. It all comes down to blood. Bad blood will out. What is it the boy's father did, Petunia?"

Gemmalynn frowned and turned around to glare at Marge. 'She's, yet to, become the worst Dursley!'

Petunia looked agitated. "Nothing, that is. He didn't work. He was unemployed." she said and Gemmalynn stared at her in disbelief. "Of course. And ,a drunk, I expect."

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other with a frown on their face.

"That's a lie."

"Complete rubbish."

Marge paused on her wine and narrowed her eyes at Gemmalynn and Harry. "What did you two say?"

"My dad wasn't a drunk."

Suddenly, the glass in Marge's hand exploded as Gemmalynn looked at Harry in surprise and saw the furious look on his face.

"Oh my goodness! Marge!"

"Not to worry, Petunia. I have a very firm grip."

Harry looked at the shattered glass in surprise and turned to Gemmalynn.

Vernon narrowed his eyes at them. "You two go to bed. Now."

"Quiet, Vernon. It doesn't matter about the father. In the end it comes down to the mother, along with the company they keep."

Gemmalynn looked at Marge suspiciously.

"Vernon, you told me about the friends the mother had. You see it all the time with dogs. If there's something wrong with the bitch and its friends, there'll be something wrong with the pups."

Gemmalynn and Harry glared angrily to Marge.

"Shut up! Shut up!"

"You don't know anything! So, shut your mouth, Dursley!"

Marge opened her mouth to reply, when suddenly a button on her dress sailed into the air as the seams of her dress groaned and the threads snapped. Her eyes widen in horror as her cheeks billowed and her whole body followed, beginning to inflate like a monstrous balloon.

"Marge!"

Gemmalynn's eyes widen and gasped in shock as Harry pushed her behind him. As Marge rose in the air, Vernon leapt for her. Ripper growled and fixed his teeth to his trousers. Frightened by what they've done, Gemmalynn and Harry watched as Marge bounced gently across the ceiling and into the conservatory, while Vernon, Petunia and Dudley raced outside. Marge began to float away and Vernon gripped her hands.

"Don't worry! I've got you."

Slowly to his horror, Vernon began to rise as Marge looked fearfully into his eyes.

"Vernon. Don't you dare."

Contrary to what Marge said, Vernon let go and fell to his knees as he watched Marge float away.

Gemmalynn grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him upstairs to his room. "You and I can't stay here after what happened, Harry. Pack your stuff!" she said, urgently.

Harry nodded frantically as he and Gemmalynn took their trunks and packed everything they needed. Harry placed his heel to a loose floorboard and removed his wand from its hiding place. Turning, he grabbed the photograph of his parents and Gemmalynn. When they were done, they towed the trunk down the stairs and found an angry Vernon waiting for them.

"You two! You two bring her back! You both bring her back and put her right!"

Harry whipped his wand and pointed it to Vernon. "No! She deserved what she got! And you, you keep away from us!" he threatened.

Vernon eyed Harry's wand nervously, then grinned with knowing cruelty. "You're not allowed to do magic out of school. They won't have you now. You've got nowhere to go." he mocked.

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes and whipped her wand out towards him. "He can't, but I know I can!" she threatened as the tip of her wand glowed in a reddish color, making Vernon stare at her in fear.

Harry looked at Gemmalynn as he gently placed a hand over hers and lowered her wand.

Gemmalyn glanced at him, confused. "Harry?"

Harry grabbed Gemmalynn's and glared at Vernon. "I don't care! Anywhere's better than here!" he yelled, angrily and dragged Gemmalynn out of the house.

Gemmalynn looked at Harry and saw how angry he looked before glancing down at their hands. She smiled softly and stopped walking, making Harry stop as well and stare at her in confusion.

"Gem?"

Gemmalynn squeezed his hand gently. "You finally stood up against them. I'm so proud of you." she said, happily.

Harry's eyes widen when he felt Gemmalynn's hand gently squeezing his. He had no idea he grabbed Gemmalynn's hand when they left the Dursleys, all he could think about was how he wanted to leave with her. His own actions brought a blush to his cheeks.

Gemmalynn chuckled at Harry's reaction, not knowing the real reason behind it, and dragged him along to continue walking. They walk and walk and walk, then stopped.

"Where are we?" Gemmalynn asked in confusion.

The two glanced around and saw they were in an empty playground. The swings were creaking gently on rusted chains, a tiny carousel kissed gently by the wind making it turn slowly.

Harry dropped his trunk on the pavement as Gemmalynn did the same and looked at each other.

"Are you tired? Why don't we sit down for a moment. I'll think of something. Don't worry." Harry assured her and looked around.

Gemmalynn stared at him with a soft smile on her face, not noticing the beating of her heart. She sat down on the pavement as she played with her mother's time turner necklace underneath her clothes.

"I know it's going to be alright, Harry. I believe you. Every single thing the Dursleys are lies." Gemmalynn said and grabbed Harry's hand before pulling him to sit beside her on the pavement.

Harry's eyes widen in surprise and looked at Gemmalynn before laughing in amusement. Gemmalynn grinned and joined him. Their laughter died down when they heard an alarm shrieked before returning to silence. Gemmalynn and Harry sat still like statues as they glanced around, listening. They studied the swaying swings and the carousel, but stiffened when they turned around, sensing something in the shadows across the street.

Gemmalynn and Harry quickly stood up as they drew their wands. Harry protectively stood in front of Gemmalynn as he pushed her back behind him.

Gemmalynn gasped quietly when she saw lurking in the shadows. "Harry, there's something, or someone there. I can't see clearly." she whispered.

Harry squinted and saw it as well. Something big with wide gleaming eyes, darker than the shadows which concealed it. Gemmalynn grabbed the back of Harry's shirt and pulled him back.

"What is that?"

Gemmalynn and Harry slowly backed away, when suddenly Harry tripped and dragged Gemmalynn along with him. They tumbled over the forgotten trunks. The tip of Harry's wand blazed as twin beams of blinding light speared through the night. Instantly, Gemmalynn and Harry screamed in fear.

Harry grabbed Gemmalynn and rolled clear just as a preposterously purple, triple decker bus screeched to a halt. Gemmalynn looked up and stared at in wonderment.

"The Knight Bus?"

The doors hissed open to reveal, Stan Shunpike, an 18 year old boy in a wrinkled conductor's uniform with a pasty face and raccoon eyes. He looked like he hasn't seen the sun in years.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus. Emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor this evening." Stan said and peered confusingly down at Gemmalynn and Harry. "What are you two doing down there?"

"We fell over." Gemmalynn told him.

Stan looked even more confused. "Wha' choo fall over for?" he asked again.

"We didn't do it on purpose." Harry said.

Stan eyed Gemmalynn and Harry suspiciously before nodding slowly. "Well, come on then. Let's not wait for the grass to grow." he said as he grabbed Gemmalynn and Harry's trunks.

Gemmalynn followed him inside the bus, while Harry peered into the shadows across the street, now simply shadows.

Stan turned back to Harry. "What are you looking at?"

Harry looked back at him. "Nothing." he said and quickly climbed aboard the bus.

When Harry got inside, he stood beside Gemmalynn and saw there were no seats on the bus, only beds. "Bed? No seats?" he asked as he and Gemmalynn exchange confused looks.

Gemmalynn shrugged and looked around to find the brass frames needed a shine, the lines a wash. She noticed a disheveled wizard in on bed and heard him grunt as he turned over in his sleep. Her eyes widen and turned away towards the person behind the wheels

Ernie, an unshaven wizard in thick glasses, stared straight ahead, armpits stained with sweat. A shrunken head dangled from the rearview mirror, muttering incessantly through the stitches that lace its mouth.

Gemmalynn turned to Harry. "I've heard of the Knight Bus, but I wouldn't expect to be in one." she said, making Harry smile in amusement.

"Take 'er away, Ern."

"Yeah, take it away!"

Ernie rocketed away and the beds as one slid six inches to the rear. Gemmalynn gasped in surprise as she and Harry dropped onto the bed nearest to them. Harry quickly wrapped his arms around Gemmalynn's shoulders to keep her balanced. The two peered up at the chandelier swaying directly above their heads. Beyond the wide window, oncoming traffic whipped past in a blur.

Stan glanced at Gemmalynn and Harry. "What were your names was again?" he asked.

Harry shook his head. "We didn't."

Stan, huddled in an armchair, peeked over The Daily Prophet, eyeing Gemmalynn and Harry coolly, before disappearing into the newspaper. Harry brushed the fringe of his hair over his scar, while Gemmalynn fixed her clothes neatly and placed her long red hair on one side. They watched quietly as an ambulance, siren wailing past by.

Stan looked at them again and raised an eyebrow at their current position. "Where you two headin'?" he asked, curiously.

Harry hesitated as he hadn't thought about it.

Gemmalynn glanced at him, and thinking quickly, smiled at Stan. "The Leaky Cauldron." she said.

Harry looked at her and nodded. "That's in London." he added.

"Is it now? Get that, Ern? The Leaky Cauldron. That's in London." Stan said and grinned with sinister delight, showing his bad teeth.

"Leaky Cauldron! Stay away from the pea soup!"

As the Shrunken Head cackled with delight, Gemmalynn and Harry peered out the window, watching London careering by.

"Isn't this a bit dangerous?" Harry asked in concern.

Gemmalynn nodded in agreement. "Aren't you worried something bad might happen on the road?" she asked, worriedly.

"Nah. Haven't had an accident in What?A week is it, Ern?"

"Heads up! Little old lady at twelve o'clock!"

Sure enough, directly ahead, a little old lady was crossing the street. Ernie hit the brakes hard as Gemmalynn quickly held onto a pole tightly just beside the bed she was sitting on. Her eyes widen and gasped in horror as Harry flew forward, palms to the window. The brakes pinched down and the bus stopped inches from the old lady as Harry flew back onto the bed, where Gemmalynn was.

Gemmalynn looked worriedly at him. "Are you okay?"

Harry looked a bit dazed, but nodded. "Yeah. I think so." he assured her.

The bus rocketed forward once more, but Gemmalynn luckily grabbed Harry's hand just before he flew off again. As Gemmalynn helped Harry right himself, they noticed the headline of Stan's Daily Prophet: ESCAPE FROM AZKABAN! Below, a sunken-faced man with long, matted hair glowered from a moving photograph.

Gemmalynn looked at the moving photograph of the man with a frown. "Who is he? That man." she asked, curiously.

"Who is he? That's Sirius Black, that is. Don't tell me you two never heard of Sirius Black?"

Gemmalynn and Harry shook their head, still staring at the man's face. Since she was little, Gemmalynn only focused on being trained by her grandfather, she would only hear news about the magical community if her grandfather would talked about it with her. She wasn't too interested at what was happening outside Hogwarts. However, now, it seemed she must.

"A murderer, he is. Got himself locked up in Azkaban for it."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in horror. "Azkaban?"

"How'd he escape?" Harry asked in confusion.

"That's the question, isn't it? He's the first that's done it. Gives me the collywobbles thinking he's out there, though, I'll tell you that. Big supporter of You-Know-Who, Black was. Reckon you both heard of him."

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other and nodded before looking back at Stan. As they do, Black's eyes met Gemmalynn and Harry's, who both flinched in surprise.

"Yeah. Him. We've heard of."

Just then, a pair of double-decker buses swept directly toward the Knight Bus. Before Gemmalynn and Harry could scream, the entire bus squeezed down and shot the gap between the two on rushing buses as the Shrunken Head winced in pain.

"Hate that!"

Gemmalynn became dizzy and almost fell forward, but Harry quickly grabbed her shoulders to balance her and looked at Stan.

"This bus. Don't the Muggles ever---"

"Them! Don't listen properly, do they? Don't look properly either. Never notice nuffink, they don't."

Gemmalynn looked ahead and her eyes widen in horror seeing a couple walking with their dog. "Look out!" she cried out loudly in panic.

Up ahead, indeed, a couple were walking a dog. They were engulfed by a rush of wind as the Knight Bus whooshed past them. The couple glanced about in bewilderment as the dog yapped madly.

"Turn! Turn!"

Ernie fanned the wheel, sending the Knight Bus into a dizzying 360-degree turn. Headlights pinwheel past the
windows as the bus rode up on two wheels and this time both Gemmalynn and Harry were sent flying. Grabbing fast to the center pole, they pirouetted through the air when Ernie slammed on the brakes. The Knight Bus fishtails appeared and squealed to a stop, centimeters from a parked car. The bus settled and tapped the bumper. Instantly, the car's alarm wailed.

Gemmalynn felt her head spinning as she held onto Harry. "I'm never going to do this again. I swear." she complained as Harry steadied her.

The chandelier swayed drunkenly as the bus door opened. Gemmalynn and Harry looked up when they heard heavy steps climbing the bus and saw Tom, Innkeeper of the Leaky Cauldron Pub.

"Ms. Gryffindor, Mr. Potter. At last."

Gemmalynn and Harry followed Tom out of the Knight Bus. As soon as they did, the bus rocketed off, leaving Gemmalynn and Harry to stand in front of The Leaky Cauldron with Tom.

Tom dragged Gemmalynn and Harry's trunks inside the pub. He stopped as he whipped his wand out and with a flick, silenced the car alarm. He put his wand back in his pocket and turned to Gemmalynn and Harry.

"Well come on."

Gemmalynn and Harry trailed behind Tom through the quiet pub. The bartender glanced up, his gaze lingering perhaps a bit too long. A solitary wizard was reading a book while, at his elbow, his coffee cup stirred itself.

Tom led Gemmalynn and Harry upstairs towards a room. As they followed Tom inside, they found two snow white owls perched atop a chair. They exchanged happy smiles before looking at their pet howls.

"Nyra!"

"Hedwig!"

"Right, smart birds you two got there Miss Gryffindor, Mister Potter. Arrived only minutes before you did."

Gemmalynn and Harry turned around and saw Cornelius Fudge staring at them, while Tom leaned against the wall and fished a pair of walnuts from his pocket before crushing the shells between his palms.

"I should tell you, Miss Gryffindor, Mr. Potter that earlier this evening, the latter's uncle's sister was located just south of Sheffield, circling a chimney stack. The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched and she's been properly punctured and her memory modified. She has no recollection of the incident whatsoever. So that's that, and no harm done." Fudge explained and smiled at them as he offered them a bowl of green soup. "Pea soup?"

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced warily at the soup before looking at Fudge.

"No, thank you, sir, but we don't understand. We broke the law." Harry said.

Gemmalynn nodded in agreement. "Underage wizards aren't allowed to use magic outside of school unless it was an emergency." she added.

Fudge stared at the two in amusement. "Oh, come now, Gemmalynn, Harry. The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up their friend's aunt! As you said, Gemmalynn, unless it was an emergency, let's all just say that." Fudge said and smiled knowingly. "On the other hand, running away like that given the state of things. Very, very irresponsible."

"The state of things, sir?" Harry asked in confusion.

"We have a killer on the loose." Fudge said, gravely.

Harry frowned. "Sirius Black, you mean."

"But, what's that got to do with Harry and I?" Gemmalynn asked, curiously.

Fudge smiled nervously. "Hm? Oh, nothing. You both are safe, that's what matters." he assured the two, however, Gemmalynn felt he was hiding something from them. "Tomorrow, you two will be on your way to Hogwarts. These are your new schoolbooks. I took the liberty of having them brought here for the both of you."

Fudge gestured his head towards two stacks of books, bound by ropes nearby as Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at it.

"Thank you so much, sir." Gemmalynn said gratefully as she and Harry looked at each other. "I told you, you don't have to worry."

Harry chuckled in amusement and nodded in agreement. "You're right."

"By the way Gemmalynn, Harry. Whilst you two are here it would be best if you both didn't wander." Fudge warned them and left the room with Tom.

Gemmalynn narrowed her eyes suspiciously at their retreating figures.

⚡⚡⚡

That night, Gemmalynn was sitting on the bed watching out of the window, looking deep in thought as Harry entered the room and sat beside her.

"Hey, what's wrong? Is something bothering you?" Harry asked in concern.

Gemmalynn sighed softly, but didn't look at him. "What was that last night, the thing we saw before the Knight bus arrived? It keeps bothering me." she said.

Harry shook his head, not knowing the answer. "I don't know either. It bothered me too." he told her.

Gemmalynn turned to Harry and smiled. "I don't understand, Harry, but I feel something's not right." she said, troubled.

"Why don't you rest, Gem? You must be tired." Harry said, worriedly

"I'm not the only one. You should rest too, Harry." Gemmalynn said and stood up from the bed, but turned back to look at Harry with a warm smile. "Oh, Happy Birthday, Harry."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

The next morning, Gemmalynn was putting Nyra and Hedwig in their cages, while Harry eyed his schoolbooks and studied the Growling Tome, The Monster Book of Monsters.

"Now, you two are ready." Gemmalynn said happily and glanced at Harry and her eyes eyes widen in horror when she saw Harry tugging the rope of the book. "Harry, don't! That's not---"

Instantly, the book leapt to the floor, pages flying, bookcovers snapping. Harry and the book chased each other, but then the book turned, began nipping viciously at his shoes. Harry grabbed Gemmalynn's hand and jumped onto the bed as they watched the book disappear underneath.

Gemmalynn turned Harry and frowned. "Next time, wait for me. Stop doing everything by yourself." she scolded.

Harry smiled apologetically and grabbed a pillow, just as the book scuttled into view and Harry pounced the pillow on the book. The book roared angrily, muffled beneath the pillow.

"Gem! The rope!"

Gemmalyn quickly took the rope and quickly bound the book. She grabbed the book and calmly dragged her finger vertically on the cover as the book finally calmed down. She tossed the book on the bed and glared at Harry.

"Next time, listen to me, Harry Potter ."

Harry scratched the nape of his neck and smiled apologetically at her. Gemmalynn rolled her eyes as she and Harry left their room.

As they walked down the corridor, something small and fast dashed by their feet. They looked down and saw a ragged-looking rat, pursued by an ugly orange cat.

Gemmalynn furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Hey, Harry wasn't that Ron's pet rat, Scabbers?" she asked.

Harry's eyes widen and grinned happily. "It was!"

Gemmalynn smiled. "They're here!" she exclaimed, excitedly.

Gemmalynn grabbed Harry's hand and rushed down the stairs as they heard two familiar voices, arguing.

"I'm warning you, Hermione! Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy."

"He's a cat, Ronald! What do you expect? It's in his nature!"

When Gemmalynn and Harry reached downstairs, they saw Ron protectively cradling Scabbers, while Hermione tried her best to restrain her hissing cat.

Gemmalynn shook her head in disbelief, but there was a happy smile on her face. "These two never changed." she mumbled.

"A cat! Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me!"

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush. It's all right, Crookshanks. You just ignore the mean little boy."

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at each other and smiled happily. Sensing another presence in the room, Ron and Hermione turned around. Their eyes widen in surprise before grinning happily when they saw Gemmalynn and Harry.

"Gem! Harry!"

Gemmalynn and Harry rushed down the stairs towards Hermione and Ron

"Hermione!"

"Gem!"

The two girls tightly embraced each other, squeezing a poor Crookshanks between them.

"I missed you!"

"I missed you more!"

The two girls pulled away and grinned happily before embracing each other again.

"I missed you the most!"

The girls giggled as they pulled away. Gemmalynn turned to Ron and grinned happily.

"Ronald!"

Ron grinned back as he and Gemmalynn embraced each other.

"Gem!"

"I also missed you, Ron!"

Hermione and Ron turned to Harry and grinned happily. "Harry!"

The three embraced and Gemmalynn smiled fondly as she joined in.

⚡⚡⚡

Ron smoothed the dog-eared clipping onto the table from a Daily Prophet headline that the Weasleys won a trip to Egypt. In the accompanying photo, the entire Weasley family stood before the Great Pyramids, waving. In the middle was Ron, his pet Scabbers perched on his shoulder. Harry studied the news as Gemmalynn and Hermione ignored them while they stroked and gushed over Crookshanks.

"Hello there, Crookshanks!" Gemmalynn greeted the orange cat and gently brushed his fur.

Hermione grinned happily when her cat purred in delight. "Crookshanks likes you!"

"Egypt! What's it like?" Harry asked, eagerly.

"Brilliant. It's got loads of old stuff. Mummies. Death masks. Tombs." Ron answered.

Hermione glanced at them. "You know, the ancient Egyptians of the Nile River delta worshipped the cat goddess, Bast." she said and Ron glared stonily at her before turning back to Harry.

Gemmalynn chuckled at their banter in disbelief as Ron looked at her.

"I also got a new wand."

Gemmalynn smiled happily at Ron as she stood up beside Hermione and walked over to him. "That's great, Ron! Now, you won't have a problem casting magic!" she said, proudly

Just then, the other Weasleys, Percy, Fred, George, Ginny, Arthur, and Molly arrived with purchases from Diagon Alley.

Gemmalynn smiled happily when she saw the youngest Weasley. "Ginny!"

Ginny looked up and waved happily to her. "Gem!" she greeted back.

Percy walked over to Gemmalynn and smiled. "Hello, Gemmalynn." he greeted, politely.

Gemmalynn smiled back at him. "Hello, Percy!"

Fred and George rushed towards Gemmalynn and engulfed her in a tight embrace. "Gem! We missed you!" they exclaimed, excitedly.

Gemmalynn chuckled in amusement as she wrapped her arms around them. "Fred! George! I missed you both!" she said, happily.

Fred and George each placed a quick kiss on her cheek and grinned happily as they pulled away. Gemmalynn's eyes widen in shock as she blushed in embarrassment as the whole Weasley family chuckled at her reaction. Hermione grinned as she turned to Harry and saw the jealous frown on his face. She blinked, processing what she just saw and her eyes widen shock as she clamped her hands over her mouth when realization hit her.

George turned to Ron. "Not flashing that clipping about again, are you, Ron?" he asked, suspiciously.

Ron frowned. "I haven't shown anyone!" he told his older brother.

Fred and George raised an eyebrow at each other in amusement before looking back at Ron.

"No, not a soul. Unless you count Tom. The day maid. The night maid. The cook. The bloke that came to fix the toilet. That wizard from Belgium."

Mrs. Weasley rushed towards Gemmalynn and gently cupped her face in her hands as she smiled at her and to Harry as if relieved to see them. "It's good to see you both, Little Gem, Harry." she said, fondly.

Gemmalynn and Harry smiled. "Good to see you too, Mrs. Weasley!"

Mr. Weasley approached the two. "Gem, Harry, I wonder if I might have a word." he said.

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other and nodded.

"Of course, Mr. Weasley."

As Mr. Weasley pulled Gemmalynn and Harry away, the others continued to hover over the clipping.

"George's nose looks positively massive in that photograph."

"That's your nose, Fred."

"Bloody hell. This, isn't it? Take after your side of the family, don't I, Mum? Now, Gem will think I'm ugly!"

"That makes the both of us, Fred! Gem would never think of us as ugly!"

"You're both ugly!"

Gemmalynn and Harry noticed Mr. Weasley glanced edgily at the poster of Sirius Black tacked to the wall.

"Gem, Harry. There are some within the Ministry who would strongly discourage me from divulging what I'm about to tell you. But, I think you both need to know the facts. Because you two are in danger. Grave danger."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen, remembering what Fudge told her and Harry, and knew he was hiding something from them. Her and Harry's eyes drifted to Black's poster.

"Mr. Weasley, has this anything to do with Sirius Black?" Gemmalynn asked, curiously as she and Harry looked at the poster.

"What do you know of Sirius Black. Gem, Harry?" Mr. Weasley asked them.

"That he escaped from Azkaban, and that he killed someone." Harry answered.

"Gem, Harry. Thirteen years ago, when you both stopped---" Mr. Weasley hesitated, unable to continue.

"Voldemort?"

Mr. Weasley nodded nervously. "Black lost everything. But, he remains a loyal servant to this day. In his mind, only you two stand in the way of---"

"Voldemort?"

"Gemmalynn, Harry. I hate it when you both say it."

"We know. We're sorry." Harry said, apologetically.

"Ron hates it too." Gemmalynn added.

"In Black's mind, only you both stand in the way of You-Know-Who returning to power. That's why he's broken. That's why he's broken out of Azkaban. To find you two. And---"

Gemmalynn frowned. "Kill us?"

Harry flinched as he glanced worriedly at her, while Mr. Weasley nodded nervously.

"Gemmalynn, Harry. I want you both to swear that whatever you might hear you won't go looking for Black."

"Mr. Weasley, why would we go looking for someone who wants to kill us? That's absurd." Harry told Mr. Weasley as Gemmalynn nodded in agreement.

Mr. Weasley nodded and each placed a hand on Gemmalynn and Harry's shoulders. "Just watch yourselves, will you, Little Gem, Harry?" he said in concern.

Gemmalynn and Harry nodded. "We will, Mr. Weasley."

Mr. Weasley smiled in relief and walked away, leaving Gemmalynn and Harry.

Gemmalynn sighed softly as she turned to Harry. "We're in danger again, aren't we?" she asked in disbelief. "Will this really be a yearly occurrence?"

Harry looked at Gemmalynn with a determined look on his face. "I won't let anything happen to you, Gem. I promise." he said, earnestly.

Gemmalynn looked at him in surprise and smiled softly. "To us, Harry. I won't let anything happen to you too. I promise."

The two gazed at each other and Harry felt his heart raced his chest as a million butterflies fluttered inside his stomach, while Gemmalynn looked at him in confusion when she noticed he was quiet. She grabbed his hand and dragged him back to the others. She glanced back to Sirius Black's poster, just in time meeting his eyes and she gasped in surprise.

⚡️⚡️⚡️

At Platfrom 9 3/4 as Hogwarts Express bleated its horn, parents hurried their children onboard and tiny siblings waved their older siblings goodbyes. The aisles teemed with students trying to look for a compartment.

Harry, Ron and Hermione followed behind Gemmalynn, who was looking for an empty compartment for them.

"It was unintentional." Gemmalynn said glanced at Hermione, who frowned at her. "Okay, maybe a little bit."

Harry nodded in agreement. "We didn't mean to blow her up. We just lost control."

Gemmalynn turned to him and smiled reassuringly as Harry smiled back, while Hermione noticed their exchange and smiled knowingly.

Ron grinned happily. "Brilliant!"

Hermione turned to him and frowned. "Honestly, Ron, it's not funny. Gem and Harry are lucky they weren't expelled." she told him.

Ron rolled his eyes sarcastically. "They can't be, and I still think it was brilliant."

A copy of the The Monster Book of Monsters scuttled crab-like down the aisle, pursued by Neville, who smiled at the four as he passed by.

"Hi, Gem, Harry, Ron, Hermione."

"Hi, Neville."

Gemmalynn peered inside a compartment and smiled before turning to her friends. "Here we are."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459 27 15
Starting over at a new school 7th year was not in line with Ines life plans. She loved France, she loved her friends, she loved her life. And then on...
2.4K 92 29
What if Tom Riddle had a heir that was taken? What if she is the daughter of the vampire queen? What if she was put with the Potter's? What happens w...
38.7K 1.5K 49
╔ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╗ ║ Book Two ║ ║ of ║ ║ Four ║ ╚ ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Entering darker times with a mass murderer o...
2.4M 49.7K 92
𝙎𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮, 𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙥𝙚 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝. "𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙀𝙣𝙯𝙤, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙘�...