the heiress || harry potter f...

By GEMOfTheNight

When GEMMALYNN was younger, her grandfather told her everything he knew, but when she got older, he left her... More

⚡️The Sorcerer's Stone⚡️
i. the heiress and the boy who lived
ii. the gryffindor and the house of gryffindor
iii. the seeker and the school of magic
iv. the protector and the mirror of erised
v. the friend and the sorcerer's stone
vi. the witch and the house cup
⚡️The Chamber of Secrets⚡️
vii. the favorite and the weasley family
viii. the sane and the insane professor
ix. the suspect and the quidditch game
x. the parselmouth and the rising problems
xi. the lioness and the doubts
xii. the best friend and the spiders
xiv. the true gryffindor and the truth
⚡The Prisoner of Azkaban⚡
xv. the special one and the dangers
xvi. the brave one and the friendship
xvii. the open heart and the break in
xviii. the soft spot and the marauders map
xix. the valentine and the patronus
xx. the godchild and the prisoner of azkaban
xxi. the brilliant one and the time turner
xxii. the time traveler and the firebolt
⚡The Goblet of Fire⚡
xxiii. the quiddtich fan and the tournament
xxiv. the champion and the misunderstanding
xxv. the mediator and the first task
xxvi. the date and the yule ball
xxvii. the treasure and the second task
xxviii. the winner and the dark lord
⚡Order of the Phoenix⚡
xxix. the wanderer and the safe place
xxx. the brokenhearted and the twins
xxxi. the defender and the thestrals
xxxii. the founder and the d.a.
xxxiii. the girl and the mistletoe

xiii. the heir and the chamber of secrets

903 38 5
By GEMOfTheNight

⚡⚡⚡

The next morning at the Hospital Wing, Madam Pomfrey watched with a frown on her face as Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron talked to a petrified Hermione.

"There's no point in talking to a petrified person. She won't hear a word you're saying."

Gemmalynn looked down sadly. "We know, Madam Pomfrey."

Ron glanced at Gemmalynn and shifted uncomfortably. "It's just, well, you see, we thought, maybe, we could be with her for a bit. She's our friend, you see, and even if she can't hear us. I mean, it can't hurt, can it?"

A glint of sympathy flickered in Madam Pomfrey's eyes and smiled fondly at them. "Very well, then, but be quick about it." she said and left the Gryffindors alone.

Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron looked at each other and nodded before stepping closer to Hermione's bed. Absently, Ron picked up the circular mirror that laid on the nightstand and eyed Lockhart's get well card.

Ron glanced at Gemmalynn and Harry. "You don't think Lockhart could be the heir of Slytherin, do you?" he asked, curiously.

Gemmalynn frowned at him. "That's an insult for the real heir of Slytherin and for Salazar himself, Ronald." she told him as Harry shook his head in disbelief.

Ron nodded. "Right. Forget I said it."

Gemmalynn and Harry nodded in unison. "Gladly."

Gemmalynn sighed heavily as she looked back to Hermione. "Wish you were here, Hermione. We need you. I need my best friend more than ever. I can't solve this without you." she said, sadly.

The mirror in Ron's hand caught the late afternoon sunlight and cast a jagged flame across Hermione's hand. Gemmalynn noticed the light dance over her fingers and leaned closer to find a paper clutched there.

Gemmalynn gasped in surprise. "Harry, Ron." she called out to the two boys and gestured her head towards Hermione's hand.

Harry and Ron followed her line of sight and also saw the paper clutched in Hermione's hand. Their eyes widen in shock and looked at each other.

Gemmalynn took the crinkled paper and found it was a torn paper from a library book. Her eyes widen as she looked at Hermione in disbelief.

"She ripped it?"

Gemmalynn looked at Harry and Ron, who couldn't believe what she said, before reading the torn page.

"Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land, none is more deadly than the Basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years, instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it and only the crowing of the rooster can kill it."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in shock and looked at Harry and Ron, who mirrored her expression.

"Harry! Ron! This is it! The monster in the Chamber of Secrets is a basilisk."

Harry smiled happily. "That's why Gem and I can hear it speak. It's a snake." he said in realization.

Ron frowned in confusion. "But, it kills by looking people in the eye. Why is it no one's dead?" he asked, curiously.

The two boys looked at Gemmalynn, who deep in thought as she contemplated what Ron said. She glanced at Hermione and caught her, Harry and Ron's reflection in the opposite window.

"Because, no one did look it in the eye. Not directly at least." Gemmalynn said as Harry's eyes widen in realization.

"Colin saw it through his camera." Harry said as Gemmalynn nodded in agreement. "Justin. Justin must've seen the Basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick!"

"Sir Nicholas got the full blast of it, but he's a ghost. He couldn't die again." Gemmalynn said and looked at Hermione, hopefully. "And, Hermione had her mirror! I bet you anything she was using it to look round corners, in case it came along. She's brilliant to figure it out."

Gemmalynn frowned and looked away sadly. 'And, didn't even tell me.'

Ron looked uncomfortable. "And, Mrs. Norris? I'm pretty sure she didn't have a camera, or a mirror, Gem, Harry."

"The water. There was water on the floor that night. She only saw the Basilisk's reflection." Harry told him.

Gemmalynn looked at the torn page. "The crowing of the rooster is fatal to it! That's why Hagrid's roosters were killed, and spiders flee before it. It all fits!" she exclaimed in realization.

"But, how's the Basilisk been getting around?" Ron asked in confusion. "A dirty great snake. Someone would have seen."

"Hermione answered that too." Harry said as he took the torn page from Gemmalynn and showed it to Ron. "The pipes."

"Pipes? It's using the plumbing."

Gemmalynn nodded. "Remember what Aragog said? About that girl fifty years ago? She died in the bathroom." she said and her eyes widen in realization. "Moaning Myrtle!"

Just then, McGonagall's voice echoed throughout the castle, magically magnified.

"All students are to return to their house dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor. Immediately."

Gemmalynn, at that moment, felt dread. Her gut feeling told her something bad had happened once again.

⚡⚡⚡

McGonagall stood before the desecrated wall, surrounded by the rest of the staff as Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron creep up the stairwell.

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster. Into the Chamber itself."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in horror as she, Harry and Ron glanced at each other.

"I'm afraid we shall have to send the students home. I'm afraid, this is the end of Hogwarts."

Gemmalynn shook her head in disbelief. "It can't be." she mumbled.

Suddenly, Lockhart appeared cheerily. "So sorry. Dozed off. What have I missed?"

"Just the man. A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come at last."

"My moment?"

"Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?"

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Certainly a liar." she whispered to Harry and Ron, who nodded in agreement.

"Did I? I don't recall."

"That settles it. We'll leave it to you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are legend."

Gemmalynn clamped her hands over her mouth as she, Harry and Ron and snickered.

"Very well. I'll be in my office, getting ready."

"The rest of us should go and inform the students what has happened."

"Who is it the monster's taken, Minerva?"

"Ginny Weasley."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in horror as she turned to Ron, who slowly slumped to the ground in shock. She and Harry quickly caught his arms and helped him up. She looked worriedly at Ron before glancing at the wall and her eyes widen in horror once again at what was written on it.

HER SKELETON WILL LIE IN THE CHAMBER FOREVER

⚡⚡⚡

In a corridor, Harry, a very upset Gemmalynn and Ron walked together towards Lockhart's office.

"Ginny must've known something, Ron, Harry."

Ron nodded grimly. "She found out something about the Chamber of Secrets. That's why she was taken. I mean, she is a pureblood. There can't be any other reason." he said as Gemmalynn grabbed his arm and pulled him along.

Harry glanced at Gemmalynn and Ron. "C'mon. Let's go see Lockhart. He may be a brainless git, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber. We can tell him what we know---"

Gemmalynn frowned at him. "He is a brainless git. If we're going to bet, he doesn't have the guts to go in the Chamber. Let's be real." she mocked as Harry sighed heavily, knowing she was right.

Ron glanced between the two. "Gem, Harry. D'you two think there's any chance at all she's not, you know."

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at each other, then to Ron. The redhead heiress wrapped her arms around Ron, comforting him.

"We'll find her, Ron." Harry said, determined.

Gemmalynn nodded in agreement as she pulled away from Ron and smiled softly. "Ginny's going to be fine. I promise we'll do anything to find her." she added.

Ron nodded as he smiled warily and looked away with worry in his eyes. Gemmalynn took a deep breath before grabbing Harry and Ron's hand and dragged them towards Lockhart's office.

"Professor Lockhart!"

"Professor, we've got some information for you---"

Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron abruptly stopped when they saw the room was stripped to the shelves and two large trunks were opened in front of them.

"What are you doing?"

"Are you going somewhere?"

Lockhart turned to the three Gryffindors and forced out a smile. "Um, well, yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go."

Gemmalynn narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously and placed a hand over her wand, which was inside her pocket.

Ron frowned deeply. "What about my sister?" he asked in confusion.

"Well, as to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I."

"You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!"

"I must say, when I took the job, nothing in the job description---"

Gemmalynn glared angrily at Lockhart. "Job description?! You're running away! You coward!" she scoffed, angrily.

"You're running away? After all that stuff you did in your books?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Books can be misleading." Lockhart told them.

"Your books were all a lie!" Gemmalynn said, angrily.

"You wrote them!" Harry added.

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes in annoyance. "You made everyone believe you actually did all those things in your books! You deceitful liar!"

"My dear students, do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover. No dress sense at all."

"You're a fraud!" Gemmalynn yelled, angrily at him.

Harry nodded in agreement. "You've just been taking credit for what a load of other wizards have done!"

"Gemmalynn, Harry. There was work involved. I had to track these people down and ask them exactly how they managed to do what they did. No, it's not all book signings and publicity photos. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long, hard slog."

"Is there anything you can do?" Ron asked, mockingly.

Gemmalynn frowned. "Other than being a fraud and stealing other wizard's achievements?" she asked as well.

"Yes, now that you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would've gone blabbing and I'd never have sold another book. I'm afraid I'll have to do the same to you three, lest you do the same." Lockhart said and quickly lifted his wand.

Gemmalynn, who already has her wand in her hand quickly stood protectively in front of Harry and Ron. "Expelliarmus!"

A red burst of light came out of Gemmalynn's wand and blasted Lockhart backwards, toppling into one of the open trunks, his wand flying across the floor. Gemmalynn grinned happily, while Harry and Ron stared at her in awe.

Harry looked at Lockhart. "Looks like those Dueling Lessons came in handy after all, Professor." he mocked and turned to Gemmalynn as they smiled at each other.

⚡⚡⚡

Lockhart walked inside the girl's bathroom with Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron, who had their wands pointed at him.

"Who's there?"

Gemmalynn looked up and saw Moaning Myrtle floating above the cistern, but when she saw Harry she gave him a flirty smile.

"Oh hello, Harry."

Gemmalynn raised an eyebrow in amusement at Moaning Myrtle and unconsciously tightened her hold of her wand.

"What do you want?" Moaning Myrtle asked.

Harry glanced at Gemmalynn and faked a cough. "To ask you how you died." he answered.

Moaning Myrtle looked flattered. "Oooooh, it was dreadful. It happened right here. In this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in."

"Who was it, Myrtle?" Harry asked.

"I don't know! I was distraught, but they said something funny. A kind of made-up language. And, I realized it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door, to tell him to go away, and I died."

"Just like that? How?" Gemmalynn asked.

Moaning Myrtle shook her head. "No idea. I just remember seeing a pair of great big yellow eyes. Over there." she said and pointed to the bank of sinks.

Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron glanced at each other before rushing towards the sinks and examined the pipes below and the tile above.

Harry saw, etched on one of the copper taps, a tiny snake. "This is it, Gem, Ron. This is the entrance." he said as he glanced at Gemmalynn and Ron.

Gemmalynn nodded. "The entrance to the Chamber of Secrets."

Ron turned to her and Harry. "Gem, Harry either of you say something. Say something in Parseltongue." he urged.

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at each other as the redhead heiress nodded at Harry.

"Do it, Harry."

Harry nodded as he closed his eyes for a moment to concentrate before slowly opening them and stared intensely at the copper snake. When he spoke, it was more like a hiss, the circular group of sinks opened and a large, open pipe was exposed.

"Excellent, Harry. Good work. Well then. I'll just be going. There's no need for me---"

Gemmalynn turned to Lockhart with her wand threateningly pointing at him. "Hold it. We still have some use for you, Professor." she mocked and gestured towards the entrance. "You first."

Harry and Ron nodded in agreement as they pointed their wands at him, then towards entrance of the Chamber.

Lockhart stared at the entrance then to the three Gryffindors, terrified. "Now kids. What good will it do?"

Gemmalynn smiled sweetly. "A lot." she said and glanced at Ron. "Right, Ron?"

Ron glared angrily at Lockhart and nodded. "A bloody lot of good if it's a two-hundred-foot drop onto jagged rocks." he told him.

Harry nodded in agreement. "Better you than us." he added.

Lockhart glanced nervously at the three and stepped grimly towards the dark, gaping hole.

Gemmalynn frowned in annoyance. "Stop being a coward! For crying out loud, you're the professor!" she said, angrily as she and Ron gave him a shove and he toppled headfirst, out of sight.

"It's really quite filthy down here."

Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron looked at each other and nodded.

"All right. Let's go!" Gemmalynn said and turned to the entrance.

"Oh, Harry. If you die down there, you're welcome to share my toilet." Moaning Myrtle said and gave him a flirty smile.

Harry's eyes widen as he turned to Gemmalynn, who was already entering the entrance towards the Chamber of Secrets.

"Gem!" Harry yelled the redhead's name in worry before looking apologetically at Moaning Myrtle. "Ah, thanks, Myrtle, but I still want to live."

Before Moaning Myrtle could speak, Harry quickly rushed after Gemmalynn, leaving the ghost with a frown on her face.

Ron glanced between Harry and Moaning Myrtle with a shrug. "I think he likes her, or maybe not. Who knows!"

⚡⚡⚡

Gemmalynn, Harry and Ron plummeting wickedly fast down the pipe, catching glimpses of other, smaller pipes branching off in all directions, twisting and turning until the pipe leveled off before dumping them onto the damp floor of a stone tunnel. The three Gryffindors looked at Lockhart, who stared miserably at the muck dripping from his robes.

"Is everyone alright?" Gemmalynn asked and glanced between Harry and Ron, who has their wand out towards Lockhart.

Harry and Ron turned to her and nodded. "We're fine."

Harry went closer to Gemmalynn. "Next time, let me go first. It's safer that way." he said.

Gemmalynn furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Wouldn't that be unsafe for you?" she asked in concern, and chuckled lightly. "I'm more capable of defending myself."

Ron nodded in agreement. "Harry, did you forget who taught Gem? Dumbledore. Between the three of us, she's the safest to be around, and get us out of here alive." he said, proudly.

Gemmalynn rolled her eyes at him sarcastically. "Now, you're just exaggerating, Ronald. Let's go!"

Harry nodded. "Remember. Any sign of movement, close your eyes straight away." he told his friends, who nodded.

The group made their way down the tunnel, but abruptly stopped when they heard a crunch. They looked down and saw a rat's skull. All around them, the ground was littered with tiny skeletons.

Ron squinted and saw something huge and curved lying ahead. "What's that? Up ahead?" he asked with dread in his voice.

Lockhart looked terrified. "That looks like a snake." he said, nervously and covered his eyes.

Gemmalynn turned to him with a deep frown on her face and rolled her eyes in annoyance. "It's not moving, obviously. It's just the skin." she said.

The four walked closer and saw it was a gigantic coil of empty skin.

"Bloody hell! Whatever shed this must be twenty feet long. Or more!" Ron exclaimed in surprise.

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in realization. "The basilisk."

All of a sudden they heard a thud and turned to find Lockhart has passed out in fear.

Gemmalynn scowled. "Great."

Ron glanced at her and Harry. "Heart of a lion, this one." he said, sarcastically and knelt by Lockhart.

Suddenly, Lockhart's eyes opened and snatched Ron's wand from him before scrambling to his feet.

Gemmalynn stared calmly at Lockhart then smirked at Ron's broken wand. "This is going to be good." she mumbled in amusement.

Hearing her, Harry glanced at her in confusion as he stood protectively beside her. Lockhart raised Ron's wand and pointed it to the three Gryffindors.

"The adventure ends here, kids! But, don't fret. The world will know our story. How I was too late to save the girl. How you three tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body. I'll even bind a limited edition in this snake skin. Say goodbye to your memories."

Gemmalynn crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Say goodbye to yours."

"Obliviate!"

Ron's wand exploded like a small bomb, blasting Lockhart off his feet and spitting great jets of fire into the rock above. Gemmalynn looked up and gasped in horror as stone rubble rained upon them. Ron leapt one way, and Harry, who grabbed Gemmalynn's arms, leapt the other way.

When it was finally calm, Gemmalynn and Harry sat up as they squinted through the settling dust to find a solid wall of broken rock sealed the tunnel between them and Ron.

"Ron! Can you hear me?" Gemmalynn asked, loudly.

"Yeah!"

"Ron! Are you okay?" Harry asked, worriedly.

"I'm okay. This git's not, though. He got blasted by my wand."

"Karma!" Gemmalynn said, sarcastically.

"What now?"

Harry glanced at Gemmalynn, who gestured her head towards the tunnel behind them. "Wait here. Gem and I will go on. Try and shift some of this rock, so we can get back through." he told Ron.

"We'll find Ginny, Ron, don't worry!" Gemmalynn assured.

"Okay!"

Gemmalynn looked troubled as she turned towards the tunnel. "Will we ever have a year without something bad happening to the school? I'm getting déjà vu." she muttered.

Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at the snake skin at their feet and walked past it. They walked further into the tunnel carefully until they reached a towering stone wall, carved with twin serpents. Harry said something in parseltongue as the serpents parted and the giant wall slid open.

Gemmalynn took a deep breath and tightly held her wand. "Let's go get Ginny." she said with determination in her voice, making Harry nod in agreement as he whipped his wand out.

The two entered a vast chamber, stretching ahead. Along the path were rows of stone serpents. The serpents rest in pools of black water. Ahead was an enormous statue of Salazar Slytherin, and in front of it was an unconscious Ginny.

Gemmalynn gasped in horror. "Ginny!" she yelled, worriedly and rushed towards the youngest Weasley.

"Gem!" Harry called out to her worriedly and rushed after her.

Gemmalynn placed her wand on the floor as she cradled Ginny into her arms. Ginny's head rolled to the side and she saw her cheeks were white as marble. She noticed her pale hand was clutching onto Tom Riddle's diary to her chest.

"Ginny's the one who took the diary? Gemmalynn mumbled in shock.

Harry knelt beside Gemmalynn and placed his wand beside hers as he looked worriedly at Ginny.

"Oh no! Ginny! Please don't be dead. Wake up! Wake up, Ginny! You can't sleep forever!" Gemmalynn said, worriedly as tears brimmed her eyes.

"She won't wake."

Gemmalynn gasped in surprise as she and Harry turned around to find Tom Riddle standing nearby. He was strangely blurred around the edges, as though Gemmalynn and Harry were looking at him through a misted window.

"Tom. Tom Riddle? What do you mean she won't wake?!" Gemmalynn asked, worriedly and her eyes widen as realization. "She's not---"

"She's still alive. But, only just." Riddle told her.

Riddle stared at Gemmalynn, carefully as if trying to figure out something.

"Are you a ghost?" Harry asked, curiously.

"A memory. Preserved in a diary for fifty years." Riddle answered.

Harry looked at the diary in Ginny's pale hand, while Gemmalynn placed a gentle hand on Ginny's cheek.

"She's cold as ice." Gemmalynn mumbled, worriedly and looked at Harry. "We have to go."

Harry nodded. "You've got to help us, Tom. There's a basilisk---"

"It won't come until it's called."

"It's called?" Gemmalynn asked in confusion as she and Harry looked up and saw Riddle twirling their wand in his fingers.

"Our wands!"

"Give us our wands, Tom."

Riddle smiled cruelly. "You two won't be needing it."

"Listen, we've got to go!" Harry said, urgently.

Gemmalynn glanced worriedly at Ginny. "We've got to save her!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that, Gemmalynn." Riddle said and Gemmalynn frowned. "You see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger."

Gemmalynn gasped in shock. "What?! She's dying!" she said, angrily.

"Yes. I'm afraid so. But then, she's been in so much pain, poor Ginny." Riddle said, feigning sadness.

Gemmalynn looked down at Ginny. "Pain? She's been suffering? All this time?" she asked, puzzled and confused.

"You're not a great friend, are you?" Riddle mocked as Gemmalynn glared at him. "She's been writing to me for months, telling me all her pitiful worries and woes. Ginny poured her soul out to me. I grew stronger on a diet of her deepest fears, her darkest secrets. I grew powerful enough to start feeding Ginny a few secrets, to start pouring a bit of my soul back into her."

Gemmalynn stared at Riddle and noticed he was growing less vaporous by the second before realization dawned on her. "Wait! You mean to say---"

Riddle grinned evilly. "You're quick to figure it out, but yes, Gemmalynn. It was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets."

Harry shook his head in disbelief. "No. She couldn't, she wouldn't." he mumbled and looked at Gemmalynn.

Gemmalynn nodded in agreement. "That's impossible. Ginny wouldn't do such a thing!"

"It was Ginny who set the basilisk on the mudbloods and the squib's cat. Ginny who wrote threatening messages on the walls."

"But, why? What's the reason for all this?" Gemmalynn asked in confusion. "What's her purpose?"

"Because, I told her to. You'll find that I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing. She was, shall we say, in a kind of trance. Still, the power of the diary began to scare her and she tried to dispose of it in the girls' bathroom. But then, who should find it, but you two. The two very people I was most anxious to meet."

Gemmalynn and Harry glared angrily at Riddle.

"And, why did you want to meet us?" Harry asked.

"Ginny told me all about you two. I knew I had to talk to both of you, meet you if I could." Riddle said as Gemmalynn and Harry frowned at him. "So, I decided to show you both my capture of that brainless oaf, Hagrid, to gain your trust."

Gemmalynn glared angrily at him. "Hagrid's our friend!"

"And, you framed him, didn't you?" Harry accused him.

"It was my word against Hagrid's. Only Dumbledore seemed to think Hagrid was innocent."

Gemmalynn smirked smugly. "I'll bet grandpa saw right through you!"

"I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was still at school. So, I decided to leave behind a diary, preserving my sixteen year old self in its pages, so that one day. I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work."

"Well, you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours Mandrake Draught will be ready and everyone who was petrified will be all right again." Gemmalynn said, smugly.

"Haven't I told you Gemmalynn, that killing mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore? For many months now, my new target has been the two of you." Riddle said and smiled cruelly at the Gemmalynn and Harry. "Imagine my disappointment when I learned Ginny had stolen the diary back from Gemmalynn."

"Ginny stole the diary from Gem and Hermione's room?" Harry asked in disbelief and glanced at Gemmalynn, who frowned. "But, why? Why would she do that?"

"She was afraid. Afraid you'd learn how to work the diary. Afraid I'd tell you both just who it was that had been strangling all those roosters."

Horrified, Gemmalynn and Harry looked at Ginny and saw she was growing paler before looking back at Riddle, who was growing more solid.

"Come on now, Gemmalynn, Harry. Don't look so disappointed. Had Ginny succeeded in destroying the diary, she would have destroyed me. And, we couldn't be having this little talk. And I have so many questions for you both." Riddle said and turned all his attention to Gemmalynn "Especially to you, Gemmalynn Gryffindor, or should I say Gemmalynn Vell Peer Dumbledore-Gryffindor."

Riddle walked closer to Gemmalynn and knelt down in front of her. Gemmalynn calmly stared back at him, while Harry looked worriedly at her.

"Who are you to Emma Vell Peer Dumbledore?"

Gemmalynn looked at Riddle in confusion. "She's my mother."

Riddle nodded in realization. "No wonder you look like her back then, but quite younger." he mumbled.

Hearing him, Gemmalynn frowned in confusion. "Back then? But, my mum wasn't in your time. She wasn't even born yet."

"Yes, true." Riddle said as he nodded along shrugged, but there was a smirk on his face. "As brilliant as she is, she found a way. She time traveled from her time period to mine."

Gemmalynn's frown deepened. "And, why would my mum time travel to your time period?" she asked in confusion.

"Your grandfather never told you that it was her hobby?" Riddle asked in wonder and Gemmalynn's eyes widen, remembering her grandfather's secrets he hid from her. "Time traveling with a time turner in her possession. She decided to do something worth doing with that hobby of hers, and that was to travel back in time to change me."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen in horror. "What?!To change you. And, why would she do that?" she asked, confused.

Riddle shrugged. "She believed that I could change. To be good, to be reborn. Preventing me from doing something she claimed I'll regret."

Gemmalynn stared at him in puzzlement as Riddle gently touched her cheek. Harry watched in horror and worry, and noticing his reaction, Gemmalynn placed a comforting hand on top of his, letting him know it was alright.

Riddle smiled in nostalgia. "She was amazing. Emma, your mother. She was a talented and brilliant witch. She was beautiful, smart, brave, wise, intelligent. She has always been there for me even though I tried pushing her away. She would always come back with a warm and comforting smile on her face. All my life, it was full of darkness and misery. She was the only one who became the light in my life. I didn't regret loving her." he said, softly with his voice filled with love.

Gemmalynn and Harry gasped in shock and horror.

"Love?"

"You loved my mother?" Gemmalynn asked in disbelief.

"We loved each other, or so I thought." Riddle said with his voice filled with hate and malice, his hand on Gemmalynn's cheek fell back to his side as his face darkened. "But, she left me. After she told me the whole truth, why she was there, she left me without a proper goodbye. She crushed my heart into pieces. My life returned to darkness."

"You were heartbroken, so you cursed me?!" Gemmalynn asked in disbelief.

Riddle chuckled darkly. "A heart for a heart, only seems fair." he mocked and leaned closer to Gemmalynn's ear. "That curse of yours, you're too young to understand. But, know and remember this, that you will pay the prize when the time comes. You will not help it, you cannot help it. Love is indeed dangerous."

Riddle stood up and walked back a few steps away from Gemmalynn, who had no idea what he said about her curse.

"Now. The questions for you two. Well, how is it that two babies with no extraordinary magical talent managed to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you two escape with nothing, but a scar and a curse, while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?"

Gemmalynn and Harry both stood up and narrowed their eyes at Riddle.

"Why do you care how we escaped? Voldemort was after your time." Harry said in confusion.

"Voldemort is my past, present and future."

Riddle pulled Gemmalynn's wand from his pocket and traced it through the air, writing three words.

TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE

Then, with a wave, he rearranged them.

I AM LORD VOLDEMORT

Gemmalynn and Harry's eyes widen in utter shock and horror.

"You?"

"You! You're the Heir of Slytherin. You're Voldemort?"

Riddle smirked evilly as he turned to Gemmalynn and Harry. "Surely, you didn't think I would keep my filthy muggle father's name. No, I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world."

"No, you're not!" Harry said, angrily.

"Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!" Gemmalynn said, proudly.

"Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me." Riddle retorted.

"He'll never be gone!" Gemmalynn told him.

Harry nodded in agreement. "Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him!" he added.

Riddle let out a mocking laugh and looked directly at Gemmalynn. "Have you ever wondered about your curse and its mark, Gemmalynn?" he asked and Gemmalynn looked at him angrily. "You should know it by now."

"You cursed me, gave me a mark. All because of my mother? You hated my mother for abandoning you, and you took revenge on her, on me." Gemmalynn said, realizing what caused her curse, and clenched her fists in anger. "I got cursed because of the love you have for my mother. You took your hatred on me after killing my parents. How cruel can you be?! I just turned two years old!"

Harry's eyes widen in realization, remembering Gemmalynn hadn't celebrated her birthday ever since she met her. He knew why, her birthday was the day her parents and his parents died.

Gemmalynn placed a hand over her heart, she couldn't believe the secrets being revealed to her one by one. "This curse was because of love, and this curse---"

Riddle laughed manically. "It will also be about love!" he told her as he smiled cruelly at her. "A warning. Your love is dangerous."

Gemmalynn's eyes widen, fearing the consequence of the curse that was given to her. Suddenly, Fawkes flew above them, clutching a ragged bundle in its golden talons. Gemmalynn and Harry glanced at each other then to Fawkes.

"Fawkes!"

Fawkes flew towards Gemmalynn and Harry and dropped the ragged bundle, which was the Sorting Hat, to their feet, and Riddle picked it up.

Riddle laughed in amusement. "This is what Dumbledore sends his defenders! A songbird and an old hat!" he mocked.

Gemmalynn glared angrily at him. "Don't you ever insult Fawkes and Godric Gryffindor's Hat!" she yelled, loudly.

Riddle glanced at the Sorting Hat then to Gemmalynn and smiles cruelly. "The only purpose of your ancestor's hat is for sorting students to their Houses. Dreadful." he mocked and carelessly tossed the Sorting Hat aside.

Riddle turned to the statue of Salazar Slytherin and spoke in Parseltongue. Suddenly, the stone face's mouth opened and a rumbling sound was heard, followed by the sound of slithering.

Gemmalynn and Harry turned as the basilisk, a giant serpent, slithered out and uncoiled heavily to the floor. The two quickly turned to the wall and saw the shadow of the serpent on the wall.

Riddle looked at Gemmalynn and Harry. "Let's match the powers of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against the famous Harry Potter and Gemmalynn Gryffindor, Heir of Godric Gryffindor, shall we?" he challenged and turned to the basilisk, speaking in Parseltongue.

Gemmalynn and Harry's eyes widen in horror, understanding Riddle's command to kill them. The hissing basilisk shot forward as the two ran away, while trying to speak to the snake in parseltongue.

"Parseltongue won't save you now Gryffindor, Potter. The Basilisk only obeys me." Riddle said, loudly in amusement.

Harry glanced at Gemmalynn. "Don't look, Gem. Don't look into its eyes." he told her.

Gemmalynn glanced back at him and nodded. "Don't worry. I won't." she said as she and Harry raced along the stone path, but the giant serpent was faster.

Gemmalynn tripped and fell to the ground. "Harry, run!" she yelled in panic

Harry turned and ran back to Gemmalynn. "Gem!"

Gemmalynn glared at him. "I said run, you idiot!" she said, angrily.

Harry knelt beside Gemmalynn and helped her up. They looked at the wall and saw the shadow of the basilisk from the wall, rising to strike them. Gemmalynn shut her eyes as Harry stood in front of her and embraced her tightly. Suddenly, Fawkes screeched, soaring toward the basilisk and circling its blunt head, confusing it. The serpent snapped furiously, when Fawkes dropped like a knife, driving its talons deep into its glittering eyes.

Gemmalynn and Harry looked at the wall and saw Fawkes and the basilisk fighting. The basilisk roared, hissing in pain as Fawkes flew away, its talons dripping with blood. Gemmalynn and Harry turned to the basilisk and saw its eyes were blind and bloody.

"Fool! Think you're safe? It can still hear you!" Riddle yelled, angrily.

Gemmalynn grabbed Harry's hand. "Run!"

Gemmalynn and Harry flee as the serpent thundered after them, striking blindly as its whipping tail shattered the statue of Slytherin. The two dodged and ducked, but when they saw the serpent about to strike again, they leapt clear together, stumbling toward a side tunnel. They raced headlong into the shadows, then looked back to find the serpent eclipse the light at the far end of the tunnel and slithered quickly inside.

Thinking, Harry quickly ducked and pulled Gemmalynn along with him into an alcove. He placed a hand over his mouth and his other hand on Gemmalynn's as they waited, desperate to remain still and silent.

The serpent slid heavily by, then slowed down and turned back. Its head weaved inside, only inches from Gemmalynn and Harry's faces. Terrified, Gemmalynn tightly closed her eyes as she and Harry trembled as the serpent's head cocked to the side, before retreating.

Harry looked at Gemmalynn withdrew his hands from their mouths. "Come on, Gem."

Gemmalynn opened her eyes and nodded. She and Harry dashed back into the main chamber. She looked at Ginny and saw she was frighteningly pale before looking at Riddle, who was grinning cruelly, almost solid now.

"Ginny!"

"Yes, Gryffindor. The process is nearly complete. In a few minutes, Ginny Weasley will be dead. And, I will cease to be a memory. Lord Voldemort will return. Very much alive."

Gemmalynn looked worriedly at the youngest Weasley. "Ginny!" she yelled, frantically and moved towards her, but Harry pulled her towards him just as the basilisk shot out of the tunnel, hissing directly in front of them.

Gemmalynn stood beside Harry as she turned around, seeing something glittering inside the Sorting Hat. She looked closely and saw a ruby handle of a sword. Her eyes widen in shock, knowing what was inside her ancestor's hat.

'The Sword of Gryffindor!"

Without a word, Gemmalynn rushed towards the Sorting Hat and grabbed the sword. In a mad rush of courage, she pitched herself onto the serpent and slid down its back. A worried looking Harry rush towards her and grabbed her shoulders.

"What were you thinking?!"

Gemmalynn smiled tiredly at him and noticed the basilisk coming their way. Too tired to flee, Gemmalynn stood protectively in front of Harry with the sword raised and simply waited. The serpent rose with its fangs barred towards the two, who leapt away from each other as the serpent turned to either Gemmalynn or Harry. Harry took a step backward, and his movement caused the serpent to decide to attack him.

Gemmalynn gasped in horror. "Harry, catch!" she said, loudly and threw the sword to him.

Harry glanced at her and managed to catch the sword. Marshalling every ounce of strength left, he drove the sword upward, deep into the roof of the serpent's mouth. It hissed in pain and thrashed madly as it drives a fang into Harry's arm.

Seeing this, Gemmalynn's eyes widen in horror. "Harry!" she yelled, worriedly and rushed over to him.

Harry clutched his arm in agony as he stumbled back. Before he could fall, Gemmalynn grabbed his shoulders and slowly slumped to the ground as they watched the basilisk thrashed around before going still.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 49.8K 92
𝙎𝙪𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙡𝙮, 𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙥𝙚 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝. "𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙀𝙣𝙯𝙤, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙖𝙘�...
371K 8.4K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
115K 2.7K 44
It day began as any other, everyone in the great hall when a group appeared. They were watching movies; people from the past, present and future come...
1K 47 46
Haunted by her second year and now with a murderer on the loose, Gwenevere Everill finds herself facing more battles that she does not think she can...